Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

And the absolute loving second the Trump crisis is over, she should retire with fanfare and get the gently caress out of the way of a new leftist democratic party.

The "Trump crisis" won't be over until the Republican Party undergoes a complete transformation. Trump is an effect, not a cause. If this is your litmus test, you'll be on the Pelosi for Speaker 2030 train.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Family Values
Jun 26, 2007

sincx posted:

She's not great on policy but boy oh boy is she great on tactical stuff.

I get the impression that this fact is coming as a surprise to a lot of people, and I can only assume they weren't paying attention in 2006. She's always been good at this.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

The Super-Id posted:

Did he really call the press back to take 1 question?

Did it already happen?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Doctor Butts posted:

IT'S ONLY BEEN ONE WEEK!

It's been

Five weeks since the feds paid me
Got no cash set aside and now I'm angry
Five days since the bank's late fee saying
It sucks I know but still you gotta pay me
Three days since the airport closed
I realize it's all Trump's fault but still support him
Yesterday he was on TV
But it'll take me two days to process him caving

heyitsamanda
Jul 17, 2018

I mean, it's one banana Michael, what could it cost? 10 dollars?
bwahahahaha please get on national television and reneg on everything you just said, so Mitch finally has his bullet proof excuse to say "gently caress you", override your veto, and officially be recognized as the absolute piece of lame duck poo poo you are

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

ReidRansom posted:

Did it already happen?

Yep.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

STAC Goat posted:

Holy poo poo, what a day to be completely closed off from my phone or news.

Tell me your secret, I have terminal onlineness

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Terror Sweat posted:

I'm pretty sure it was the airport shutdown that did it and not a state of the Union address

This was obviously coming after yesterday's disastrous Senate votes. The reality is its all these things and more that were just racking up and showing Trump and GOP why this was such a very, very, very bad idea. And of course, the Democrats holding firm and not giving them any sign of hope.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Family Values posted:

I get the impression that this fact is coming as a surprise to a lot of people, and I can only assume they weren't paying attention in 2006. She's always been good at this.

I guess there's a lot of negative propaganda about her. Many people know pretty much nothing about the pre-Obama years.

So Trumps plan is to do a SOTU and declare a national emergency in the midst of it, right? Yeah, Pelosi wont let that happen.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

He's either gonna reneg before signing it or be on a plane to mar a lago the first possible second he can after signing

Or, comedy option, delay ending the shutdown by accident because he left for mar a lago without signing

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

heyitsamanda posted:

bwahahahaha please get on national television and reneg on everything you just said, so Mitch finally has his bullet proof excuse to say "gently caress you", override your veto, and officially be recognized as the absolute piece of lame duck poo poo you are

In what world does this happen?

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?

haveblue posted:

It's been
Yesterday he was on TV

This is gold

Captain Snaps
Jul 27, 2003

Maintol!

Terror Sweat posted:

I'm pretty sure it was the airport shutdown that did it and not a state of the Union address

This forced him to reopen for sure, but I guarantee he plans on giving his address and shutting the whole thing down again.

marshmonkey
Dec 5, 2003

I was sick of looking
at your stupid avatar
so
have a cool cat instead.

:v:
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://twitter.com/rcbregman/status/1088793422113185794?s=20

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost

haveblue posted:

It's been

Yesterday he was on TV

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

STAC Goat posted:

This was obviously coming after yesterday's disastrous Senate votes. The reality is its all these things and more that were just racking up and showing Trump and GOP why this was such a very, very, very bad idea. And of course, the Democrats holding firm and not giving them any sign of hope.

Yeah but the airport shutdown materially inconvenienced them and results were immediate

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

haveblue posted:

It's been

Yesterday he was on TV

:perfect:

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/549590421190770688?lang=en

PoopShipDestroyer
Jan 13, 2006

I think he's ready for a chair

haveblue posted:

It's been

Yesterday he was on TV

Very good

The next line of the song doesn't even need to be altered to still be appropriate

PhyrexianLibrarian
Feb 21, 2004

Compleat silence, please

haveblue posted:

It's been

Yesterday he was on TV

:five:

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

haveblue posted:

It's been

Yesterday he was on TV

But it'll take me two days to process him caving...

But it'll take me two days to process him caving...

...(chords).....Funny TWEEEE...End.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
He's stuck between fox people calling his a lovely bitch and Republicans connected to Mitch telling him "loving SIGN IT OR WE WILL 25TH YOUR rear end OUT THE DOOR TONIGHT".

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

It can be simultaneously true that:

(1) Pelosi is an incredibly effective leader and is exactly the right person, the most experienced person, to lead the Democrats against Trump right now. Today is a perfect demonstration -- she has been savvy enough to break his loving back over his absolute core, most important, non-negotiable issue.

(2) Pelosi deserves criticism for
- not having done enough to cultivate young Democrats and grow a deep bench of talented, popular politicians both in Congress and all the way down to your local dog catcher.
- Being too centrist, and cultivating a very Middle Of The Road Very Serious Business Dems party which has found itself manifestly unprepared to deal with neofascist populism
- she (and the entire party, until recently) tried to fight "we're gonna crack skulls open and bleed out everyone you hate, and we're gonna do it on live TV!" with mealy mouthed "A better way -- affordable healthcare, in reach of more people" bullshit.

Pelosi is goddamn loving good at her job and is probably the single best equipped person in the United States to walk Trump into boobytrap after boobytrap. I am glad she is speaker. And the absolute loving second the Trump crisis is over, she should retire with fanfare and get the gently caress out of the way of a new leftist democratic party.

After Trump is out, she should start grooming a new speaker, but we shouldn't trade our most effective leader for someone who has better policies. As long as she doesn't get in the way of support for those policies, she's fine.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Chimp_On_Stilts posted:

It can be simultaneously true that:

(1) Pelosi is an incredibly effective leader and is exactly the right person, the most experienced person, to lead the Democrats against Trump right now. Today is a perfect demonstration -- she has been savvy enough to break his loving back over his absolute core, most important, non-negotiable issue.

(2) Pelosi deserves criticism for
- not having done enough to cultivate young Democrats and grow a deep bench of talented, popular politicians both in Congress and all the way down to your local dog catcher.
- Being too centrist, and cultivating a very Middle Of The Road Very Serious Business Dems party which has found itself manifestly unprepared to deal with neofascist populism
- she (and the entire party, until recently) tried to fight "we're gonna crack skulls open and bleed out everyone you hate, and we're gonna do it on live TV!" with mealy mouthed "A better way -- affordable healthcare, in reach of more people" bullshit.

Pelosi is goddamn loving good at her job and is probably the single best equipped person in the United States to walk Trump into boobytrap after boobytrap. I am glad she is speaker. And the absolute loving second the Trump crisis is over, she should retire with fanfare and get the gently caress out of the way of a new leftist democratic party.

Pelosi really isn't that centrist.

She's not as far left as the average person in this thread, but she's a good chunk more left than the average Democrat

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Not sure Nancy Pelosi has ever been more popular than she is now.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Terror Sweat posted:

Yeah but the airport shutdown materially inconvenienced them and results were immediate

It hadn't done that yet, it was just a warning sign that things might get awful this week

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

Crabtree posted:

He's stuck between fox people calling his a lovely bitch and Republicans connected to Mitch telling him "loving SIGN IT OR WE WILL 25TH YOUR rear end OUT THE DOOR TONIGHT".

Is it bad I’m enjoying the mental image of Trump crying himself to sleep tonight, staining his pillow with orange spraytan-tinted tears.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

Stereotype posted:

What policy is she not great on?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MR65ZhO6LGA

quote:

During a CNN town hall, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi was asked if the democratic party could move more left on economics to which she replied, "We're capitalist."

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

President Big Deals

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

theflyingorc posted:

It hadn't done that yet, it was just a warning sign that things might get awful this week

So basically the mere threat of inconveniencing them caused them to cave, sounds like a win for labor

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Retro42 posted:

Is it bad I’m enjoying the mental image of Trump crying himself to sleep tonight, staining his pillow with orange spraytan-tinted tears.

I bet he wears an old-timey night cap to protect his coif

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

God drat it I can't believe I slept through Trump caving like a dog.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Crow Jane posted:

I bet he wears an old-timey night cap to protect his coif

I bet he wears a diaper for when he pisses and shits himself in the night.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Well as long as he's not backing out of it.

Hilarious as it would have been, it's really time this shutdown end. Hopefully he doesn't change his mind before something hits his desk. They should come up with a trolly acronym for the bill though.

dalstrs
Mar 11, 2004

At least this way my kill will have some use
Dinosaur Gum

I like this guy.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

So the truth is a reason to hate her? lol

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

i am harry posted:

Do you have a PayPal account?

Plus others in PMs <3

I do not have a paypal and wouldn't feel comfortable setting one up for just this occasion. I greatly appreciate the sentiment, however!

If things get worse, hopefully I'll swallow my pride before things get Too Bad, but for right now I can still live in denial. It turns out the storefront below me got a little water when a pipe broke under my apartment so there's a tiny bit of water on my bathroom floor and my landlord's just regular-crazy so that's fine

Omnitrix
Aug 14, 2008

Jacob likes air cooled VW's

PT6A posted:

I bet he wears a diaper for when he pisses and shits himself in the night.

The Fire and Fury book implied this, that he doesn't let the WH cleaning staff change his sheets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Republicans posted:

God drat it I can't believe I slept through Trump caving like a dog.

Right now we're at schrodinger's brain worm, he is both caving and stalling for a miracle until the day is over.