Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I refuse to accept the term "cis" because when an oppressed group are renamed by their oppressors that is colonization. They are taking our spaces, resources, identities, and renaming us. Call them what they are: colonizers.

Huh, this is the first LoB quote I've actually seen "in the wild" before it was posted here. Funny that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Dammit LoB, I just got used to seeing you post as you and now we're right back to square one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Folks,
https://twitter.com/jaredlholt/status/1088881685498916864

grittyreboot
Oct 2, 2012

What happened?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

grittyreboot posted:

What happened?

Trump agreed to reopen the government for three weeks without money for a wall

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Lottery of Babylon posted:

I refuse to accept the term "cis" because when an oppressed group are renamed by their oppressors that is colonization. They are taking our spaces, resources, identities, and renaming us. Call them what they are: colonizers.

Wow this one is intense. Good work.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

i like how she defends herself by saying they should just get hostel rooms. Does her party support paying for those rooms?

She made it very clear in the replies that she wants them in nice warm hostel rooms instead of tents, and that the reason they're in tents is because policy. Funny how she said absolutely none of that in the OP, isn't it?

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

vyelkin posted:

:lol:

https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/1088882126752083968

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 20:54 on Jan 25, 2019

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

grittyreboot posted:

What happened?

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

The story of the Covington boys is that the left saw some boys wearing Maga hats, wanted to murder them, and then felt there must be something or other justifying their desire, and therefore confidently announced that something or other had happened justifying murder on every news medium – which announcements continue in spite of the fact that the entire incident is on video showing no such thing. This is similar to what happens with rape or sexual harassment charges – a woman is sexually attracted to some man, being sexually attracted gives him a brutal and difficult to pass fitness test. He fails his fitness test, so she feels creeped out, so rapidly comes to confidently believe that some socially acceptable reason for her feeling creeped out must surely have happened. It is a manifestation of an increasingly feminine and female dominated left.

Eventually they are going to start large scale actual killing, and we are going to have to actually start organizing large scale defense. This will be easier than it sounds, because they are going to start killing each other. On the other hand, history is that the left usually wins until it self destructs, so maybe we will just have to flee and hide till its over, which may take a while. On the other hand the left does not always win, Sulla being the most famous counter example.

At almost the same time as Covington Boys incident, Speaker Nancy Pelosi announces that climate crisis is “the existential threat of our time … end the inaction and denial of science that threaten the planet and the future.”

Global Warming is just an excuse for hating on the civilization, the race, and the sex that created technology and industry, and any plan that purports to be a solution to global warming has nothing to do with Global Warming, is in fact a plan to end that civilization, end those people, and end science and industry.

The Nancy Pelosi statement on global warming comes from the same roots as the lies about the Covington boys. They want to do something monstrous, horrifying, terrifying, abhorrent, and enormously destructive, so feel that reasons must exist justifying the actions that they intend to take.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Yesssssss devour your own you loving losers

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lumbermouth posted:

Yesssssss devour your own you loving losers

https://twitter.com/AnnCoulter/status/1088888030901882880

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EvilGenius posted:

She made it very clear in the replies that she wants them in nice warm hostel rooms instead of tents, and that the reason they're in tents is because policy. Funny how she said absolutely none of that in the OP, isn't it?

"These criminals are making our streets ugly! Do something!"

"Wow, rude."

"I didn't mean it that waaaaaaaaay"

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

drat, woulda figured she'd go after Carter for that one

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/DavidBrodyCBN/status/1085665229294522369

Good news for CBN's David Brody, as he remains stolidly unowned

https://twitter.com/DavidBrodyCBN/status/1088856162852843521

drat, I can't believe that it's we that are owned instead.

zoux has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Jan 25, 2019

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

vyelkin posted:

I pay attention to current events and I still learn about important things in PYF from time to time, well done goons

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Online is extremely good right now
https://twitter.com/nicholasddyer/status/1088897487874781185

https://twitter.com/MEPFuller/status/1088900330094505985

zoux has a new favorite as of 21:46 on Jan 25, 2019

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

just in case anyone makes the grave mistake of not clicking this

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

nerdz posted:

just in case anyone makes the grave mistake of not clicking this

Uhhhhh wow. I'm pretty sure there's already plenty of punishments in place for debtors... like their poo poo getting taken, collections agencies hounding you, stratospheric interest, and a hellacious credit score. Are they mixing up holding debt with credit fraud or what?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Dave Grool posted:

drat, woulda figured she'd go after Carter for that one

When GHWB was running for president, the press tried to tar him with the "wimp" brush based on a bunch of incredibly stupid poo poo, and as kind of a butterfly-effect result the US is still bombing the poo poo out of brown people in the middle east to this day.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

actually my underwear is very loose since i'm so very healthy and now nobody can see my skidmarks so this wedgie is actually very good for my goals sad - donald trump

Pead
May 31, 2001
Nap Ghost

Brawnfire posted:

Uhhhhh wow. I'm pretty sure there's already plenty of punishments in place for debtors... like their poo poo getting taken, collections agencies hounding you, stratospheric interest, and a hellacious credit score. Are they mixing up holding debt with credit fraud or what?

That and how is my neighbor getting imprisoned any sort of justice for me, a guy who didn't lend him any money?

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Brawnfire posted:

No idea but is it just me who feels rather strong racist vibes on the neighbor part of it

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

nerdz posted:

No idea but is it just me who feels rather strong racist vibes on the neighbor part of it

the author is picturing a shiny Escalade with chrome rims being driven by a guy with gold fronts in his mouth and a Popular R&B Ringtone on his iPhone.

the driver is WHITE you racist wow

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Another way we could reduce the cost of loans is passing a usury law that caps interest rates but nah, let's go with the Dickensian hell world approach

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Guys guys you're taking it all out of context

https://www.quickloans.co.uk/quick-news/response-to-the-jail-for-debtors-article

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I thought quangos were endemic to Australia.

https://twitter.com/MattGertz/status/1088910265234714625

loving bootlicks man

zoux has a new favorite as of 22:30 on Jan 25, 2019

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

zoux posted:

Another way we could reduce the cost of loans is passing a usury law that caps interest rates but nah, let's go with the Dickensian hell world approach

Seriously

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

EvilGenius posted:

Everyone wants them in warm rooms, the point is that, at this point in time, the rooms are not free. And I don't really see a reply talking about covering the cost, just vague words about "using services".

But it's true that the reason is policy. For example, the standard policy of a certain party being "gently caress the poor", that's a big reason why they're in tents

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

lol at the :airquote:anonymous:airquote: totally-not-quickloans-managers in the comments

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Brawnfire posted:

the author is picturing a shiny Escalade with chrome rims being driven by a guy with gold fronts in his mouth and a Popular R&B Ringtone on his iPhone.

the driver is WHITE you racist wow

Can I get a reminder on where the 'Popular R&B Ringtone' joke originated?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

The first thought when coming up with a new punishment for a crime should be 'will this reduce or prevent instances of this crime', because anything else is petty vengeance.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
Well debtor's prison isn't a new punishment and it is also counter productive. Can't pay your debts of you're in prison and can't make money. If course the next step is force them to work but last I checked that's literally slavery which is you know a bit on the wrong side.

That also creates a situation where there is economic incentive to deliberately impoverish people.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Well debtor's prison isn't a new punishment and it is also counter productive. Can't pay your debts of you're in prison and can't make money. If course the next step is force them to work but last I checked that's literally slavery which is you know a bit on the wrong side.

Nahh, it's not slavery if they're in jail and you're paying them seven cents a day! :patriot:

BaronVonVaderham
Jul 31, 2011

All hail the queen!

As a former vet tech, I enjoyed these way more than they deserved, especially #3. FYI if you are a cheap-rear end who always declines anything more than the exam fee, there is a note in your pet's chart about it and the techs hate you for not taking care of your animals.

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

BaronVonVaderham posted:

As a former vet tech, I enjoyed these way more than they deserved, especially #3. FYI if you are a cheap-rear end who always declines anything more than the exam fee, there is a note in your pet's chart about it and the techs hate you for not taking care of your animals.

#2 applies in construction as well.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I know someone in here has the Last Resort/Trump mashup bookmarked.

Post it please I need it for reasons.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

AFewBricksShy posted:

#2 applies in construction as well.

Substitute "owner" for "student" and it applies to librarianship and teaching.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

BaronVonVaderham posted:

I'm always jealous of people who work with household pets. Working with farm and large animals can be insane.
Horses man. Diarrhea screaming out a horse's rear end in a wide cone scattering splatter all over the stable wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

JebanyPedal posted:

Diarrhea screaming out a horse's rear end in a wide cone scattering splatter all over the stable wall.

Do not steal the working title for my autobiography