Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

How many pieces of the build are you missing?

None. I have everything. I need to reroll them for Stats and Ancients, but I have no Bounty Materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kheldarn posted:

None. I have everything. I need to reroll them for Stats and Ancients, but I have no Bounty Materials.

You can clear a GR100 with Sunwuko WoL with zero ancients or augments and level 25 Gems.

Can you post your build?

ReRolling (not Reforging) perks should only require gold, death breath, forgotten souls, and gems, which you can farm up in a matter of minutes.

Bounty Materials are for ReForging, which is for making the climb from gr100 to gr120.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Seeing as im playing this again, do we have an ingame clan? Im on PC btw.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

You can clear a GR100 with Sunwuko WoL with zero ancients or augments and level 25 Gems.

Can you post your build?

ReRolling (not Reforging) perks should only require gold, death breath, forgotten souls, and gems, which you can farm up in a matter of minutes.

Bounty Materials are for ReForging, which is for making the climb from gr100 to gr120.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/Kheldarn-1484/hero/79772998

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Ever since they 'fixed' Mirinae, I stopped having fun with necros :v:

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

You're missing out on 150% bonus bell damage so that's a big thing right there. You must use Tzo Kirin as armor and use SWK neck for this build. You can run Focus/Restraint over Traveler's if you want or you can run Obsidian Ring, Unity, CoE and a Cindercoat in cube. Also Lefebvre for shoulders. You can run Spirit Guards in cube if you go the F/R route.

bamhand fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Jan 26, 2019

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Just run some T11-T13 Nephelem Rifts (whichever you can bang out in ~4 minutes) for Death Breath. Just by optimizing the rolls on your current gear, you'll skyrocket up 30+ GR levels.

And get that Zei's to Level 25! Your build is incomplete until you've got all the pieces!

It's especially important to get a Socket on that second weapon of yours and toss another Emerald on it. And lots of Dead Perks (Exploding Heart Damage on your helmet, Sweeping Wind damage on your shoulders, Attack Speed on your gloves, etc.) that can be swapped to something very, very important.

You've got great loot! Probably no more than a 30 minute farming and optimizing session away from GR90.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

You're missing out on 150% bonus bell damage so that's a big thing right there. You must use Tzo Kirin as armor and use SWK neck for this build. You can run Focus/Restraint over Traveler's if you want or you can run Obsidian Ring, Unity, CoE and a Cindercoat in cube. Also Lefebvre for shoulders. You can run Spirit Guards in cube if you go the F/R route.

I'd go TKZ actually equipped, Cindercoat in cube, absolutely get CoE involved *somewhere* in there. I'd choose everything else.

If you're suggesting TKZ on hat, you can't lose shoulders for Lefebre though.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

5er posted:

I'd go TKZ actually equipped, Cindercoat in cube, absolutely get CoE involved *somewhere* in there. I'd choose everything else.

If you're suggesting TKZ on hat, you can't lose shoulders for Lefebre though.

Yeah I meant you can't cube TKZ. And whoops you don't want Lefebvre for this. Was mixing up my builds.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Oh jeez I missed that. Yeah, you need TKZ on your head, and Sunwuko Shines on your neck.

There are a few Rings options for this build, depending on if you use a Generator (and use Focus/Restraint) or if you rely on the reduced resource cost from a cubed Cindercoat, in which case you use a combo of CoE, Obsidian Zodiac, and Unity.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Reduced cost for spamming WoL from Cindercoat has always kept me comfortable enough that I've never worried much about having a Zodiac ring to help with CDR, but I might try that, as I really wasn't sure what jewelry I'd get to play with, with RoRG not hogging a spot.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Zodiac is for near 100% uptime on Epiphany. You generally can only if that in as a skill if you go without focus and restraint though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

OK, I've made some changes. Did GR 75, but the RG killed me a few times.

Also, gently caress Blight. Worst Rift Guardian ever.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Epiphany / Obsidian Ring / Cindercoat toolset is one option, and the Generator Attack / Focus / Restraint is another option. I don't believe any (good) build mixes and matches those two sets of Three Things at all.

Blighter SUCKS. I play Hardcore and he has turned many a 5 minute rift into a 15 minute rift.

GoGoGadgetChris fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Jan 26, 2019

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I like this season

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Man, I would have re-rolled Dex for Strength on that Furnace and had a fuckin' awesome Condemn Crusader.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

BrightWing posted:

Seeing as im playing this again, do we have an ingame clan? Im on PC btw.

There's a few kickin around still but it doesn't really matter, just join the lljk channel we're all in it

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

the furnace is a bad item this season

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Field Mousepad posted:

There's a few kickin around still but it doesn't really matter, just join the lljk channel we're all in it

Cool, thanks!

Got a Monk power leveled today so this Uliana better be as good as yall claim

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Switched my Sentry Multishot Demon Hunter into an Impale Demon Hunter and it's incredibly fun.

Despite having the constitution of wet paper, it feels more stable the higher GRs I go into, because enemies survive long enough to allow me to get Hatred back from them with Impale, and since I'm not in the thick of things like my Barb I don't really take many hits at all. My Barb died multiple times clearing GR70, while my Demon Hunter has so far managed 80 without a single death.

It's so fun spamming Impale and Vault, weaving in and out of enemies and all that jazz.

If I could just get Dawn to drop so I could Cube it, I might be able to tackle 90 or whatever.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Turns out you get your free primal if you clear gr70 regardless of if you get it within the time limit. Friend got theirs while missing the RG kill.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pubbies were right. It's very hard to get Gold in this game when you have a job and therefore can't devote 24/7 time to playing:

I should be sitting at 10b+.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.
I'm loving the build variety this season and I managed to make it into the top 1000 DH so far, but after almost 5 years of grifts it's baffling to see how little the devs are doing to improve dungeon's RNG. Pushing higher and higher grifts is so much more grindy than it needs to be, because for whatever reason they never adjusted the progress % given by mobs like Tongue Lashers, Clan Impalers, Bound Shamans, all types of ghosts and so on. If I'm in a lvl 112 grift and every loving enemy in the screen can hit me at once, fine, but at least give me a bit more progress for killing them!

But no, the mobs that are the most aggressive and deal mindblowingly high ranged damage also give the smallest progress, while the dumbest melee monsters like Disentombed Hulks, Maggot Broods, etc give the biggest %. RNG in maps and pylons is understandable and I'm kind of fine with it (they usually spice things up and you can't abuse pylons as much as you could before) but there are still some big no-no like keep depths and sewers. How hard is it to change map algorithm so that those tunnel/dungeon type maps don't have 5 loving miles corridors ending with dead ends? Not that hard I'd wager.

Overall though, I hope they keep supporting the game as they're doing because D3 keeps getting incrementally better with each season. It's a bittersweet thing to say but if the game came out the way it was at the end of 2014 (with a cool endgame attached to it and an interesting itemization) it would've sold even more and we would now be playing D3's second expansion. Game's really great in its current state.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I like that devs just seem to loving throw on damage on top of the sets every few seasons so everyone gets stronger.

It's wonderful and freeing for me.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Kawabata posted:

I hope they keep supporting the game as they're doing

lol

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

The game's not receiving any more big content packages and has no micro-transactions in it. With Activision's influence over Blizzard reportedly increasing and D3 considered a failure by most executives it's nothing short of a miracle that the game keeps getting better every few months.

They're also not just throwing damage on top every season, they're making different playstyles viable for pushing. Almost every class has 2-3 completely different endgame builds now. It's pretty great.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Khorne
May 1, 2002
The real crime against the players is:

(1) That big, open, empty rear end new map that's in rifts and has unclear exit positioning that's 50 miles from where the last enemy is. Wow, we all really wanted a less dense and more time consuming to navigate caves map that's wide open instead of a cave.
(2) Some great maps don't come up often enough, like the a4 one and the woods one.
(3) Lots of mobs have nerfed exp from ancient history (like the spider-scorpion dudes from back in the pre-RoS p100 days).
(4) They still have corvus, keep depths, and caves in GRs.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 26, 2019

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Khorne posted:

(4) They still have corvus, keep depths, and caves in GRs.

I cleared a 109 the other day that had depths first floor and then battlefield second. You absolutely can clear a mediocre map with good mobs and I'm alright with bad maps being there, but they really should limit the length of corridors/rooms leading to dead ends. If it takes 5 seconds to backtrack it's still bad but doable, if it takes 20, well, you fail the rift.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
When have we ever been told that D3 is a failure? It’s one of the ten highest selling games of all time, I don’t think you can consider it a failure by any definition.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Bust Rodd posted:

When have we ever been told that D3 is a failure? It’s one of the ten highest selling games of all time, I don’t think you can consider it a failure by any definition.

You can't sell lootboxes in diablo.

It's not enough for a game to make a lot of money, it needs to make all the money.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Bust Rodd posted:

Uhhhhh

Abject and total failure, no. Botched in public perception and death-hosed for months by devs on release, yes. Yeah it's good now and has sold a lot but its popularity died FAST. Also the auction house lol

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Kawabata posted:

The game's not receiving any more big content packages and has no micro-transactions in it. With Activision's influence over Blizzard reportedly increasing and D3 considered a failure by most executives it's nothing short of a miracle that the game keeps getting better every few months.

I know I’ve been playing D3 since launch, I’m saying I cannot ever recall a single article or newsbite stating “Blizzard disappointed on D3 sales” because once again, it was one of the highest selling games of all time on release, so Reaper & Necro pack must have at least made them another couple giant piles of money.

I understand it’s not a “games as a service” but it’s still a massive commercial success by all except the most stringent definitions.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

Several times actually, by different sources, last time it was around the blizzcon diablo immortal catastrophe when it was revealed they scrapped a new D3 expansion in a pretty advanced state (according to sources) to focus on D4. It sold well but it didn't bring about enough recurrent revenue, both because it has no micro-transactions and because releasing yearly expansions isn't viable when you lost most of your playerbase. D3 sold 12 millions copies in its first year, Reaper of Souls only about 3 millions. It's a massive drop for a Blizzard game.

We also need to consider the longass development period and the massive investment that went into the project. It's no mystery that they expected the game to be very profitable for 8-10 years or so. D3 is not that. For the same reason Overwatch is a huge financial failure even though the game turned out fine: Activision apparently keeps bugging Kaplan about Fortnite, and how Overwatch is lovely and should be more like Fortnite.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I hope the blizzard suits who sold out to activision burn in Hell

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I think the last dozen daibos I’ve cubed all turned into loving balance. I just want a flow :negative:

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Well I got a primal RRoG so I win.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Snacksmaniac posted:

Well I got a primal RRoG so I win.

Working As Intended

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I was using Sunwuko Wol until I decided to give Inna Wol a try and it feels like almost the same damage without having to keep up stacks of sweeping wind? Plus all the mantras and allies at once mean you have very high spirit generation. I’ve stopped using a generator.

Inna generator is also very fun and good but Rhykker just said in his new video he things Raiment generator is actually the best monk build (haven’t even tried it yet)

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I was using Sunwuko Wol until I decided to give Inna Wol a try and it feels like almost the same damage without having to keep up stacks of sweeping wind? Plus all the mantras and allies at once mean you have very high spirit generation. I’ve stopped using a generator.

Inna generator is also very fun and good but Rhykker just said in his new video he things Raiment generator is actually the best monk build (haven’t even tried it yet)

Update: raiment generator dies in one hit I hate this

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Update: Raiment generator build dies instantly no thanks

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Jan 27, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Kawabata posted:

For the same reason Overwatch is a huge financial failure even though the game turned out fine: Activision apparently keeps bugging Kaplan about Fortnite, and how Overwatch is lovely and should be more like Fortnite.

Wait, what? Do you have any sources that talk about that in that frame of reference?