Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
lol don't mind me, for some reason i thought you were talking about the latest anime titty gacha game (which is also a battery burner)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Jabor posted:

lol don't mind me, for some reason i thought you were talking about the latest anime titty gacha game (which is also a battery burner)

Since we aren't can you explain why the q&a is funny?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
"Another Eden", a mobile gacha RPG from two former Chrono Trigger team members - the lead writer and composer - is available for pre-load right now. I'm a HUGE Chrono Trigger fan so I'm hyped for this. It even has a Frog Swordsman named Cyrus. Full game launches tomorrow evening.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.wfs.anothereden&hl=en_US

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

What's the gameplay like? Standard Gacha or does it actually try to do something unique?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

If no one's made the Langrisser thread, I can make up an OP for it. If there is one, a link would be appreciated.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Infinity Gaia posted:

What's the gameplay like? Standard Gacha or does it actually try to do something unique?
Supposedly Another Eden is more like a JRPG than a standard gacha game. Instead of doing limited time events, they add permanent story content with limited time gacha banners related to it. People say the gacha is not very necessary either since the story characters are apparently pretty good and can be promoted to 5* or whatever highest rarity.

I'm going to give it a shot. Be nice to play a mobile RPG that you can stop playing for a while without missing out on limited events.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?

Saxophone posted:

Oh man, I thought it was just because I'm on an old Pixel I. Yeah that game toasts my battery in less than an hour of play, it's nuts.

Well, I've got an OG Pixel as well, so don't count that out!

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

I've never mashed pre-register so fast.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

[1950s eel-based dad joke]

Mysticblade posted:

If no one's made the Langrisser thread, I can make up an OP for it. If there is one, a link would be appreciated.

It doesn't look like there is one, and I don't have time to do one - so if you can, I say do it!

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

Gearman posted:

I've never mashed pre-register so fast.

Saaaaaame.

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

PatentPending posted:

It doesn't look like there is one, and I don't have time to do one - so if you can, I say do it!

Joint Battles are *spicy*. Every one I have done has resulted in a very narrow victory, definitely some seat-of-the-pants stuff!

Very fun.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I wonder if Archers will ever not be terrible in Langrisser. I've watched fliers rush archers and murder them as well as any ground-based attacker. They only seem to be good against fliers if they're attacking and from a distance. As a result they seem pretty outclassed by mages (and some healers).

Mile'ionaha posted:

Joint Battles are *spicy*. Every one I have done has resulted in a very narrow victory, definitely some seat-of-the-pants stuff!

Very fun.

I'm 2/3 on joint battles. The one I failed was pretty close and we would've absolutely won if the host hadn't rushed his infantry-type Matthew directly at the two cavalry to the south to die without doing anything worthwhile. One of the reasons we lost was because of the lancer who shows up with the tanky-as-hell infantry in the southern reinforcements.

Got two of those and a friendly duel out of the way so now my Cherie is 4 stars and even more murder-tastic. She's over 320atk when she gets a buff from someone like Sophia and heads out to delete two enemies of her choice in a single turn. :black101:
(That 90def really hurts when she's on the receiving end though)

Mysticblade posted:

This and the iOS thread were the main hits when I searched earlier so I'd say go for it.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jan 27, 2019

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Pubbies are terrible, as in every game.

Any team battle that involves enemy lancers is also a shitfest - everyone starts with an SSR cavalry unit, so of course a bunch of morons pick him on every map regardless of enemy composition.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Gadzuko posted:

Troll Patrol gets a lot easier the longer you last, the first couple waves are the hard part. There are a couple abilities that straight up break the game: Flight resets the board completely and guarantees no enemies on the new board, and Smash resets the damage of every non boss enemy on the board to 1 permanently. Flight isn't too op because it's on a 20 turn CD but Smash is hilariously broken and only has a 10 turn CD by default I think. You can basically just play forever if you get both those abilities.

I must be bad because I keep stalling on wave 3. My best is 4th wave. I can't seem to twig on what I should be focusing on with my upgrades.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

I wonder if Archers will ever not be terrible in Langrisser. I've watched fliers rush archers and murder them as well as any ground-based attacker. They only seem to be good against fliers if they're attacking and from a distance. As a result they seem pretty outclassed by mages (and some healers).

Huh. I got that $1.99 character with my Google survey money, and she's turned out to be my MVP. She can skip across with Aim, nuke something then jump back into Guard range of my Lancer.

I also got a horse crossbow unit, though, which has been totally useless.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71zrumsxBd0

Wow, it's like I'm really playing Fire Emblem: Thracia 776

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

PatentPending posted:

Huh. I got that $1.99 character with my Google survey money, and she's turned out to be my MVP. She can skip across with Aim, nuke something then jump back into Guard range of my Lancer.

I also got a horse crossbow unit, though, which has been totally useless.

Both are good for gimmick maps with tons of fliers, but Narm is pretty baller if her limited cooldown ability is ready. She can ruin any infantry or monster all by herself if you give her time.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."

Xtanstic posted:

I must be bad because I keep stalling on wave 3. My best is 4th wave. I can't seem to twig on what I should be focusing on with my upgrades.

If nothing else I go for increasing Max Armour, but the skills that let you collect all of one type of tile are great, as are Flight and Smash. I also like the one that lets you accumulate over 100% HP.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
What server are people doing on langrassier?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Captain Monkey posted:

People ended up kinda completely split up. Like, amusingly so. I dunno which server, if any of them, even has two goons in it.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

There are two goons on Rocky Valley!

At some point, leveling up in Langrisser is going to be a huge pain in the rear end, isn't it?

Mysticblade
Oct 22, 2012

I'm on Salrath, I think we're just on every server.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Mysticblade posted:

I'm on Salrath, I think we're just on every server.

I'm on Rocky Valley

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I just found out I have a £10 Google play voucher to use by the end of the month and have no loving idea what to spend it on. I haven't played any phone games in a while and they tend not to hold my attention for long. Is there any current hotness or should I just buy Lara Croft / Deus Ex Go like I keep meaning to?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I just found out I have a £10 Google play voucher to use by the end of the month and have no loving idea what to spend it on. I haven't played any phone games in a while and they tend not to hold my attention for long. Is there any current hotness or should I just buy Lara Croft / Deus Ex Go like I keep meaning to?

King of Dragon Pass

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Galaxy Trucker.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

Solitairica.

PatentPending
Nov 27, 2007

Captain Monkey posted:

There's 2 of us on Dalsis. Just go with whatever, we're all split up.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

New Leaf posted:

"Another Eden", a mobile gacha RPG from two former Chrono Trigger team members - the lead writer and composer - is available for pre-load right now. I'm a HUGE Chrono Trigger fan so I'm hyped for this. It even has a Frog Swordsman named Cyrus. Full game launches tomorrow evening.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=games.wfs.anothereden&hl=en_US

So I'm watching this video from a CBT in November. Turn based combat, Sphere Grids, Jobs, no Auto Combat (but there is a Repeat button), you can speed up battle; it looks good.

Random Encounters are things that just happen. I was hoping that with the 2 CT people working on it, we'd get to see monsters on the field, but alas.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Kheldarn posted:

So I'm watching this video from a CBT in November. Turn based combat, Sphere Grids, Jobs, no Auto Combat (but there is a Repeat button), you can speed up battle; it looks good.

Random Encounters are things that just happen. I was hoping that with the 2 CT people working on it, we'd get to see monsters on the field, but alas.

Good stuff there! I'm excited for this one. Looks like servers kick in around 2 Eastern. I was under the impression that it came out Sunday but I was sadly mistaken.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Not available in the UK, so will have to work a bit harder if I want to give it shot.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

#blazeit

also can we can't download any additional Another Eden data yet right?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Cerepol posted:

#blazeit

also can we can't download any additional Another Eden data yet right?

Not when I checked last, which kind of makes the pre-load pointless but whatever..

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

In other Android Gaming news, the following games are on sale:

Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim - $0.99
Majesty: Northern Expansion - $0.99
King Of Dragon Pass - $4.99
Muscle Princess - $0.99

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

I am weirdly hype for Another Eden. It looked cool, but I just read that all the music is done by Yasunori Mitsuda (Chrono Trigger) so I suppose I shall find the OST to listen to on the car today.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Another Eden data download is live. You might want to start now, I've had mine going for 5-10 mins and it's around 6%.. it's measured down to the hundredths of a percent.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

New Leaf posted:

Another Eden data download is live. You might want to start now, I've had mine going for 5-10 mins and it's around 6%.. it's measured down to the hundredths of a percent.

Uh how big is this bad boy then? Anyone got ideas?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like 2.5 gigs all told, if you do the complete download.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

The download is slow at the beginning but picks up quick. I left at like 10% to get a bowl of cereal, then I came back to it being at 90%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

I was coming back to report the same thing. I'm also on company wifi and we were in a video conference when I started the download so that was probably eating some bandwidth.