Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Screaming Idiot posted:

I liked Scott's book on how to make comics even though I have no talent, seeing him shill for buttcoins is sad.

I liked when he wrote about how to make a living off of webcomics and Penny Arcade, one of the first and only webcomics whose creators actually managed to turn making webcomics into a full-time career at the time and even into the present day, were like "dude what the gently caress are you talking about this is insane nonsense that has zero bearing on reality"

Karate Bastard posted:

Except loving Netflix, and Spotify, and other fucks who deliberate design their interface to hide the fact that their portfolio is nowhere near as big as they want it to appear, and if their users were given a navigation interface that shows that their favorite content is no longer on there, they would get upset, so instead they get poor navigation, which is acceptable for some reason. Fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Tim Whatley posted:

Similar note of theater fuckery I recently saw the musical version of Willy Wonka and nobody told me the squirrels loving rip Veruca to shreds limb by limb. They swapped the actress out with a dummy and I missed the swap so it extra threw me off.

Did you think you were witnessing a gruesome squirrel murder

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Can we not with this transphobic one? Let me offer some viable alternatives:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bike tory posted:

The Ugly Stepsister isn't trans to my knowledge, but admittedly my knowledge of Shrek lore starts with SOME and ends with BODY ONCE TOLD ME

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

this happens to waiters/waitresses so often that they hardly even notice so i make sure to stare directly into their eyes while saying it

i also intentionally say "see you later" to lyft drivers etc even when i have no intention of actually seeing them later. aahahahhaha

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Sagebrush posted:

this happens to waiters/waitresses so often that they hardly even notice so i make sure to stare directly into their eyes while saying it

i also intentionally say "see you later" to lyft drivers etc even when i have no intention of actually seeing them later. aahahahhaha

Mods!?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

bike tory posted:

Yours doesn’t make any sense. Please stop.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Guy Mann posted:

I liked when he wrote about how to make a living off of webcomics and Penny Arcade, one of the first and only webcomics whose creators actually managed to turn making webcomics into a full-time career at the time and even into the present day, were like "dude what the gently caress are you talking about this is insane nonsense that has zero bearing on reality"

I mean, yes, the creators of Penny Arcade did do that, but they also had to go through two legal battles to regain the rights to their works after they inadvertently sold them off in perpetuity, twice.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

bike tory posted:

Can we not with this transphobic one?

Dave Grool
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sagebrush posted:

Yeah I've accidentally said it a bunch of times when they say "enjoy your flight" or whatever at the baggage check and they've never even batted an eye

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, it's vaguely misogynistic but not transphobic unless you want to get into Deep Shrek Lore Theories and at that point the joke's on you anyhow

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I can't believe it's only January and they've already released the best meme of 2019

https://streamable.com/u9xz6

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Finally, a game that actually cares about gamer culture

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LHUVMzxyXY

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

How to identify a Real German Beer (Sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/fHK33SA.gifv

Android Apocalypse posted:

Shatner is only survivor of the TekWar.

https://i.imgur.com/XS5LK.gifv

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kheldarn posted:

How to identify a Real German Beer (Sound on)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4kBcm-ls8Y

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Sorryu this was what imeant got love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGKFOAeqxK8

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
That dude may well be the ur-goon

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

I can't believe it's only January and they've already released the best meme of 2019

this is art

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

[Muffled rap music in the distance] is the once and future meme.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

BR-BR-BR-BR-BR-BRÖÖÖÖÖÖÖHHHHHH

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

It's certainly an early frontrunner.

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Ok so I'll admit I don't know much about Shrek, like not even enough to know that that was from Shrek, but the basis of that meme seems to be that you think it's a woman but really it's a man pretending to be a woman which is also the basis of like 99% of trans jokes in popular culture. If it's actually just "you think is a sexy woman but really is ugly woman" then you have my apologies but that's def not what it seems like. Even if it is that, she's only ugly because she looks like a man.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

bike tory posted:

Ok so I'll admit I don't know much about Shrek, like not even enough to know that that was from Shrek, but the basis of that meme seems to be that you think it's a woman but really it's a man pretending to be a woman which is also the basis of like 99% of trans jokes in popular culture. If it's actually just "you think is a sexy woman but really is ugly woman" then you have my apologies but that's def not what it seems like. Even if it is that, she's only ugly because she looks like a man.

Do you have a page number so that I can go back and reference this meme and decide how I feel about it?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

bike tory posted:

she looks like my aunt ~15 years ago so I'm not gonna jump on your wierd BUT IT's A dude bandwagon

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mammal Sauce posted:

Do you have a page number so that I can go back and reference this meme and decide how I feel about it?

It's the first post on this page you goober

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Bloop posted:

It's the first post on this page you goober

The Queen/Vanilla Ice one? I guess it's been too long since I've seen Shrek.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

bike tory posted:

You are approaching this level of ignorance.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
e: eh it's a derail

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 03:25 on Jan 28, 2019

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

THIS ISN'T ROTTEN.COM YOU loving rear end in a top hat! LINK YOU ARE GORE.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

bike tory posted:

Shrek is a series of childrens movies about fairy tale characters living together in the same kingdom. In Shrek 2 one of the fairy tale characters is The Ugly Stepsister. In the scene that the meme is referencing the characters are fighting their way past the guards and The Joke is that The Ugly Stepsister is doing a traditional cartoon gag where an attractive woman distracts a bunch of men only instead of distracting them with her good looks her ugliness distracts them instead.

Shrek 2 is a movie where this is considered the embodiment of pure unbridled human male sexuality, it's just not very good at rendering people in general.

https://i.imgur.com/P6NpbuX.gifv

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://twitter.com/iresimpsonsfans/status/1089552936710094849

Royal W
Jun 20, 2008

If Shaggy's power is truly infinite than any amount exerted would, by necessity, be an infinitesimal amount.

Number 3 with a Coke please.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Wait, like Scooby Doo Shaggy, the singer Shaggy or who?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Norville Rogers

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe
I've had Hit or Miss stuck in my head for 2 weeks

You absolute fuckers

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

frankenfreak posted:

Wait, like Scooby Doo Shaggy, the singer Shaggy or who?

Shaggy 2 Dope, idiot.

Are you not with the juggalo fam or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

lol I'm really sorry I don't know the details of a specific scene from Shrek 2