Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Rutibex posted:

my backlog stretches back to the NES era. I'll get around to playing FF3 one day! i just need to find the time. im pretty sure the backlog will never decrease, it will be at its longest on the day I die

Dude seriously do it, playing FF2 and 3 was a loving awesome jolt of nostalgic fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

signalnoise
Mar 7, 2008

i was told my old av was distracting

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Oh man I'm choked I missed this game, played a pissload of MW3 online back in the day would've loved this!

Broken as hell builds got made really fast, so there's that

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

poverty goat posted:

not as true as it used to be but it's really not very confusing because the dualshock doesn't use letters

It's not that it's confusing, except for the fast action things where they say "hit X!" and you hit X which the game thinks is A, it's that it just makes the whole experience feel a bit more janky.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I've seen several indie games that let you switch between xbox/ps button graphics. Also there are some games where the overlays are plain graphics and people make replacements for PS buttons. Made Dark Souls PC a lot more intuitive for me at least.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Lambert posted:

The best Battlefield game was 1942, maybe 2.

Yes. I would also be willing to accept 2142 as an answer

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I miss the term "midget bread," are little people a statistically significant enough demographic that buys and enjoys Final Fantasy games that they needed to change it?

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
DS4 triggers are way too flat. They’re not concave (or is it convex?) enough. It’s hard to get a firm hold on them.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I miss the term "midget bread," are little people a statistically significant enough demographic that buys and enjoys Final Fantasy games that they needed to change it?

It makes sense to remove pejoratives from your widely released games

ChazTurbo
Oct 4, 2014
I'd actually like a docked only model of the switch. Don't find it too comfy for portable play.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

This thread has run its course and should have been closed a week ago.

this thread is like a nature reserve, closing it would be perilous

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

jokes posted:

If you use a DS4 on PC most PC games don't have PS4 buttons so it'll still show a/b/x/y directions everywhere. You also need to run a program to use it, because PCs don't/can't connect to it natively or whatever.

that program is called Steam

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Actually the Steam integration is a gigantic pain in the rear end and causes massive conflicts and headaches with the DS4 software. He's right, you do need a program, but it's pretty dead-simple and it also lets you customize the poo poo out of the controller (vibration levels, light color, touchpad function, etc.)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

I'm fine as long as they don't come for my Loco Weed, Ether, or Hi-potions

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Actually the Steam integration is a gigantic pain in the rear end and causes massive conflicts and headaches with the DS4 software. He's right, you do need a program, but it's pretty dead-simple and it also lets you customize the poo poo out of the controller (vibration levels, light color, touchpad function, etc.)

don't use ds4windows at the same time as steam's ds4 support, just use steam, it's really easy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

QuarkJets posted:

don't use ds4windows at the same time as steam's ds4 support, just use steam, it's really easy

this works with some games but sometimes it simply just isn't the case. dualsteam4 wasn't compatible with ni no kuni 2 earlier this month, but the third party profile was.

incidentally, steam's dualshock hooks also gently caress with Option button detection for Unity's InControl plugin. go valve!

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

sorry i don't import hentai games so i don't know what ni no kuni is

how do you use the controller one-handed?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

Steam's DS4 support is fucky as hell and often it does retarded poo poo like mapping the d-pad to a stick, with no way to change it.

I think it's less to do with Steam and more to do with how certain games read the inputs, or something?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

QuarkJets posted:

Twelve Batmans
Dec 24, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
NNK2 is great.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

What a tragedy that this crap didn't work with a controller, i guess

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Lambert posted:

The Bonepad is great if you love stick drift.

bonepad stickdrift sounds like it's either my religion or my medical condition

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

If a game has an option to use a controller I'm loving trying it. Mouse and Keyboard is the optimal way to play games but it sure as poo poo isn't the funnest. There are exceptions but they are rare.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

jokes posted:

If a game has an option to use a controller I'm loving trying it. Mouse and Keyboard is the optimal way to play games but it sure as poo poo isn't the funnest. There are exceptions but they are rare.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I love to play Dwarf Fortress with a gamepad, or the fun way, as it is commonly known

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the best way to control video games was definitely, surely invented with the typewriter

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I write my forums post using a gamepad. It's way more fun that way.

Caesar Saladin posted:

the best way to control video games was definitely, surely invented with the typewriter

It was.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

this guy maps midi clips to game controllers, it's pretty :krad: imo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unx9er0sG6o

also those 4x4 midi controllers are actual arcade buttons which is neato

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

QuarkJets posted:

how do you use the controller one-handed?

in ni no kuni 2, the main character is the president of the united states of america. you quickly forget this as you play the game.

Sudbina
Mar 17, 2009
The Final Fantasy series is awful.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Sudbina posted:

The Final Fantasy series is awful.

Final Fantasy is only good for providing great backdrops and (usually) stories. Unfortunately they make loving JRPGs. Final Fantasy Tactics was the best Final Fantasy because it isn't a Final Fantasy game, it's a different and good type of game dipped in a bucket of Final Fantasy flavor.

Like Chocobo Dungeon.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

the only good Final Fantasy:

like this post if you saw it in theaters

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Snow Cone Capone posted:

at the end the man comes back as the eagle

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
FFX-2 is fun and I like the sexy lady protagonists.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
lol @ not being able to recognize Final Fantasy's brilliance.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Snow Cone Capone posted:

this was one of the worst movies i've ever seen - i saw it release day. it wasn't quite as bad as the time I saw dana carvey's "the master of disguise" in the movie theater, but it was pretty close.

lol but
Feb 24, 2007

body is a dinosaur
Slippery Tilde

Caesar Saladin posted:

best way to play a control a video game is to forcefully instruct a significant other playing a single player campaign as to how they are going wrong

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

Final Fantasy is mediocre gameplay stacked onto twee JRPG garbage story. It fails as both an anime and a game, it is the embodiment of, "never half rear end two things, whole rear end one thing."

The only thing that is a bigger giveaway that someone is completely insufferable than Final Fantasy fandom obsession is Kingdom Hearts fandom obsession.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

Snow Cone Capone posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vi5WXviwsyg

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Snow Cone Capone posted:

I saw it in theaters. My little brother fell asleep halfway through, lucky bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
It really seems like a great movie for falling asleep to, very soothing tone.