Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun

bowmore posted:

you have no way of knowing whats in them

Probably a poo poo load of palm oil and those plastic micro bead thingies that getting into our water supply and giving our kids autism or whatever.

Is $12 a lot for soap? If it’s nice stuff then you’ll smell of it all day and the bar will last longer.

Or you could settle for a nice bottle of Cooc by Chenale. I hear it’s what Maraalyin Moonrow used to wear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

How reputable does this store look to you guys? It seems like it's the real deal, but I want to verify that it isn't a convincing scam. https://creality3d.aliexpress.com/store/2846085?spm=2114.12010108.pcShopHead_6431160.0 Like, how meaningful is the "Top Brand" designation?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

I have the Ender3 printer and its pretty nice. But I've seen it for less from domestic sources, so....

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

MrUnderbridge posted:

I have the Ender3 printer and its pretty nice. But I've seen it for less from domestic sources, so....

I've got one in my cart for $187. Where did you see it cheaper?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
i love my $12 soap - me posting in the aliexpress thread

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

pro tip, know someone who makes soap and get them to make you 50 bars for christmas

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

I bought a fake ds4 controller and a fake zippo, they both work well for a fraction of the price

The controller is a legally distinct doubleshock 4 with different icons on the buttons

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Jan 29, 2019

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It's not soap you guys it's bar shampoo!! That makes it extra fancy! Ugh!!

I don't use Lush bar shampoo, but for other Lush products, the pro move is to order from the UK. They're positioned so differently there that even after accounting for shipping, almost everything is way cheaper than just buying it in a store here.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

heeheex2 posted:

pro tip, know someone who makes soap and get them to make you 50 bars for christmas

As someone who lives with a soap maker, good luck with that. If you’re using good ingredients it’s not cheap on a small scale.

Unless you’re talking tiny bars, but we’re a giant bar household

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Snowy posted:

As someone who lives with a soap maker, good luck with that. If you’re using good ingredients it’s not cheap on a small scale.

Unless you’re talking tiny bars, but we’re a giant bar household

making soap is really cheap. what are you putting in your soap

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
drat, I need to smell like rotten eggs more

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I've got one in my cart for $187. Where did you see it cheaper?

The price there showed well over $200. Mine was a present bought pre-christmas on a special and it was under $200 from a domestic source.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

heeheex2 posted:

making soap is really cheap. what are you putting in your soap

idk, the good stuff? I don’t order it, I just use it :v: but it’s some unbelievably good soap!

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

LifeSunDeath posted:

That's actually interesting. Elemental Sulfur is a hella fungicide (I use it on my grape vines), but I'm not so sure about it being a very good bactericide. Seems plausible, if not, yeah, possibly smelly.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Would it be a good way to deal with athlete's foot?

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

super sweet best pal posted:

Would it be a good way to deal with athlete's foot?

Maybe? I'm sure certain types of fungi are insensitive to sulfur (I only use it on plants. Grapes, and Roses), so with athlete's foot who knows.

E: Welp... worth a shot it looks like https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15303787

BlankIsBeautiful fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jan 30, 2019

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Nothing amazing happens here.
Everything is ordinary.

:nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fem...2939450857.html :nws:

Feminism-Liberalism-Hurray-Women-s-Feminist-Motivational-Female-Red-Rose-Girl-Power-Uterus-I-Do-What

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
This thread sent me down a path to ordering poo poo I do not need. It's mostly been washi tape, but I had to own that Live Laugh Love Skeletor pin.

My favorites out of the patches and pins so far:
I Want to Leave patch in the style of the classic Mulder poster.
A Blade Runner oragami unicorn pin
This sick-rear end molotov patch I got for a buddy's jacket

I've also gotten adorable dinosaur tape, really rich crane tape, and have all sorts of stuff still coming. I'm also this close to ordering a set of sheep coasters.

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

bowmore posted:

hair can be sexy

I'm with you there dude. Nothing like great, solid bush. Not messy but well kempt.

I'd rather see hedges in the shapes of animals than no hedges at all if you know what I'm saying.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Echophonic posted:

This thread sent me down a path to ordering poo poo I do not need. It's mostly been washi tape, but I had to own that Live Laugh Love Skeletor pin.

Ok, I went from not knowing this existed to having ordered it in under ten seconds.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Sex Robot posted:

:nws: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fem...2939450857.html :nws:

Feminism-Liberalism-Hurray-Women-s-Feminist-Motivational-Female-Red-Rose-Girl-Power-Uterus-I-Do-What

Maybe it's supposed to show be a pre-liberated woman and some really liberated women? (I'm guessing they just caught a few unrelated images when they grabbed the popular images?)

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

Flannelette posted:

Maybe it's supposed to show be a pre-liberated woman and some really liberated women? (I'm guessing they just caught a few unrelated images when they grabbed the popular images?)

Probably, feminist instagram art and April O'Neil r34 go hand in hand.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Oh hey, someone else who buys paper tape. I had to stop after filling a bobbin box with washi. It's also difficult sometimes to find the same roll twice, so if it's something you'll use a lot or gift away, get lots.

Like I have a slightly different version of this and who knows when the one I originally bought will be back if ever.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bz8BXADE

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

queserasera posted:

Oh hey, someone else who buys paper tape. I had to stop after filling a bobbin box with washi. It's also difficult sometimes to find the same roll twice, so if it's something you'll use a lot or gift away, get lots.

Like I have a slightly different version of this and who knows when the one I originally bought will be back if ever.
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/bz8BXADE

I immediately pressed like on this for my next order.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Have you guys had good experience with paper tape? Everything I've gotten from Ali seems to have no good stick.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I haven't used any of the new stuff yet, but I mostly just use it for tarting up the edges of greeting cards and boxes and such. Haven't really wrapped anything in it yet. The ones that showed up recently seem about as good as the ones I've paid more money for, though. Not like masking tape is all that sticky to begin with.

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's one of the recommended treatments for keratosis pilaris. It has a faint sulfur smell but it doesn't really linger on the skin.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

It's one of the recommended treatments for keratosis pilaris. It has a faint sulfur smell but it doesn't really linger on the skin.

The only recommended treatment for keratosis pilaris I've ever seen is urea (carbamide).

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Jerry Cotton posted:

The only recommended treatment for keratosis pilaris I've ever seen is urea (carbamide).

Ammonium lactate or lactic acid is probably the best treatment.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Salty Josh posted:

I'm with you there dude. Nothing like great, solid bush. Not messy but well kempt.

I'd rather see hedges in the shapes of animals than no hedges at all if you know what I'm saying.
:respek:

JointHorse
Feb 7, 2005

Lusus naturæ et exaltabitur cor eius.

Yams Fan

The Wonder Weapon posted:

How reputable does this store look to you guys? It seems like it's the real deal, but I want to verify that it isn't a convincing scam. https://creality3d.aliexpress.com/store/2846085?spm=2114.12010108.pcShopHead_6431160.0 Like, how meaningful is the "Top Brand" designation?

I would not buy any Creality3D printers, unless you're ready to immediately fix them..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yDp9frWkcg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32Qur-2Cn-o

[edit] This isn't limited to just Creality3D, all the cheap 3D-printers have problems. Some more serious, like the Anet A8 that likes to burn houses :tif:

JointHorse fucked around with this message at 10:25 on Jan 30, 2019

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

subpar anachronism posted:

Have you guys had good experience with paper tape? Everything I've gotten from Ali seems to have no good stick.

The Bentoto House stuff, I need to chase it with a glue stick to make sure it stays down, especially on cardstock. I've got some 1" rolls on white plastic hubs that also need extra glue.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

You'd better be buying those

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

At least the fox bracelet is somewhat of a relevant picture.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil
Pretty sure this one is in my suggestions because of the degenerates in this thread

US $1.84 41%OFF | The Simpsons Pin X-Files FBI Fox Mulder ID Card Brooches Enamel pins Lapel pins Badges X-Files Jewelry Brooches Pin
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/329tJjb

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

not sure if they exist on ali, but they should sell em there

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

norp posted:

Pretty sure this one is in my suggestions because of the degenerates in this thread

US $1.84 41%OFF | The Simpsons Pin X-Files FBI Fox Mulder ID Card Brooches Enamel pins Lapel pins Badges X-Files Jewelry Brooches Pin
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/329tJjb

Oh nice the original actual designer has been out of stock with these for ages and never responded to my email, well you can stuff your 15USD pricetag.

https://www.dylanjones.com.au/shop/mulder-pin/

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Echophonic posted:

A good purchase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sex Robot
Jan 11, 2011

Everything is ordinary.

NoneMoreNegative posted:

A good purchase

Oh Christ it sparkles too? Sold.