Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Inspector_666 posted:

The melta cutter is part of the basic hull, the weapon choices are 2x of either storm bolters, heavy flamers, or twin volkite chargers. Heavy flamer is both the most expensive choice and won't even be in range when you put it on the table so I guess you're really just picking between the bolters or the volkite charger.

Oh whoops, I misread. Volkite seems to edge out the bolters since you're probably going to be ramming a tank.

e: actually, maybe you're better off with the bolters to clear some infantry. Tough one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

PierreTheMime posted:

It definitely depends on the wording. It would be in the theme of GSC if they could, but if not, okay.

To be fair I'd rather get easy turn two charges than the old random table on turn one. And it's looking like you'll be able to stack an extra 2-3" on charge ranges pretty easily.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lizard Combatant posted:

Oh whoops, I misread. Volkite seems to edge out the bolters since you're probably going to be ramming a tank.

e: actually, maybe you're better off with the bolters to clear some infantry. Tough one

I would probably take the volkites unless you want to just make it as cheap as possible I think? They're just better bolters since you're going to be in range after you deep strike anyway.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Inspector_666 posted:

I would probably take the volkites unless you want to just make it as cheap as possible I think? They're just better bolters since you're going to be in range after you deep strike anyway.

Sure, but with a penalty to hit. Although have a dominus disembark for rerolls and its probably worth it yes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Lizard Combatant posted:

Sure, but with a penalty to hit.

True, and for what it's worth the only Termite I've seen used had storm bolters.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Oh poo poo, Perfect Ambush is free if you target the assassin with it? That’s not bad at all.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

TheBigAristotle posted:

Is that tectonic drill a building? Asking for some siege master friends

No, it becomes terrain when you deploy it.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Just make it goddamn building so I can reroll failed wounds :mad:

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Inspector_666 posted:

Yeah, the actual Termite seems very good, it just comes with all of the usual FW caveats.

Hmmm. The GSC Drill might work in it's place with light modding.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

TheBigAristotle posted:

Just make it goddamn building so I can reroll failed wounds :mad:

I know they haven’t done it in the past, but with faction specific rules tied to the piece I’m wondering if they’re going to make it a GSC datasheet like they do with AoS terrain.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Failson posted:

Hmmm. The GSC Drill might work in it's place with light modding.

Mantic makes a plastic termite that actually looks better than the FW one:

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The 'Rusted Claw' Cult/Clan/Bug Chapter/Whatever is really cool, and I'm ordering some Not-Tallarn heads from Victoria minis to convert some dudes.

Those bike models are extremely legit

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 30, 2019

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The world sucks and Victoria Minis doesn't make a Not-Tallarn. What gives??

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Can I run a bunch of repainted (in camo) Cadian mini's as Catachan in an ITC tournament? Weapons would all be WYSIWYG but I'm not sure how anal the tourney folks would be about the models themselves not being actual GW Catachan mini's.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

DandyLion posted:

Can I run a bunch of repainted (in camo) Cadian mini's as Catachan in an ITC tournament? Weapons would all be WYSIWYG but I'm not sure how anal the tourney folks would be about the models themselves not being actual GW Catachan mini's.

Are you running anything actually as cadians, or is 100% of the infantry catachan

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Booley posted:

Are you running anything actually as cadians, or is 100% of the infantry catachan

Its a full Catachan Emperor's Conclave Brigade, I just have a couple squads of Cadians that would save me some money if I could repurpose them. The rest are Knights.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

DandyLion posted:

Its a full Catachan Emperor's Conclave Brigade, I just have a couple squads of Cadians that would save me some money if I could repurpose them. The rest are Knights.

Aside from competitive considerations (personally I think they should let you since they wouldn't have to keep track of anything in their heads) I love the idea of a bunch of Cadians deciding to go learn jungle fighting from the Catachans now that they don't really have anywhere else to be.

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

DandyLion posted:

All my tallarn painted cadians are catachans and no one cares.

If you have catachans and cadians at least make them different colors or something but otherwise people will continue to not care.

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer

DandyLion posted:

Then you're fine. The only time it would be an issue is if you have infantry that use multiple sets of rules, if everything is Catachan nobody should care.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Inspector_666 posted:

Aside from competitive considerations (personally I think they should let you since they wouldn't have to keep track of anything in their heads) I love the idea of a bunch of Cadians deciding to go learn jungle fighting from the Catachans now that they don't really have anywhere else to be.

Oh I agree. I just don't want to show up with 20 Camo-Cadians and be told I can't use them.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Booley posted:

Then you're fine. The only time it would be an issue is if you have infantry that use multiple sets of rules, if everything is Catachan nobody should care.

Good deal.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Mantic makes a plastic termite that actually looks better than the FW one:

Fun fact the drills are probably glued the wrong way round. If they're reversed (pointing inwards) then it looks like an actual rock drill!

Seldom Posts
Jul 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Z the IVth posted:

Fun fact the drills are probably glued the wrong way round. If they're reversed (pointing inwards) then it looks like an actual rock drill!

Here's a pic of what the extra long version looks like:

Thanks for the tip on the drills.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Seldom Posts posted:

Here's a pic of what the extra long version looks like:

Thanks for the tip on the drills.

Does anyone know how it compares to the actual termite model size-wise?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

fashionly snort posted:

The world sucks and Victoria Minis doesn't make a Not-Tallarn. What gives??

Mad Robot does, one of the :poland: three does as well, and maybe Spellcrow?

Ghost Hand
Aug 10, 2004

Rampant 40k Fanboy

Xenomrph posted:

I’m really digging the Typhus Corrosion/Ryza Rust combo for my rusty Necrons.

Solid. This looks awesome.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I know they haven’t done it in the past, but with faction specific rules tied to the piece I’m wondering if they’re going to make it a GSC datasheet like they do with AoS terrain.

The Mek Workshop has a datasheet in the Ork Codex (and the Imperial Knights book has one iirc) so I'm pretty sure the Drill will have one as well.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

Z the IVth posted:

Does anyone know how it compares to the actual termite model size-wise?

Couldn't find a direct comparison but here's one next to a rhino:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Are we talking about drilling in here? I know all about drilling. :shepface:

The tectonic fragdrill bothers me greatly.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Zark the Damned posted:

The Mek Workshop has a datasheet in the Ork Codex (and the Imperial Knights book has one iirc) so I'm pretty sure the Drill will have one as well.

I forgot about the Mek Workshop but I meant more of the AoS style, only GSC can field this. But I’m pretty sure only Orks can field the workshop so the precedent is already set.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Is there a good resource for fw stuff and it's usefulness considering rules, synergies and points value? So much stuff i'm aesthetically interested in but not seeing a great resource for what's good in play or not (specifically heretic astartes, but whatever)

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

We will have to see what the unit composition is, but deepstriking 2-3 12" heavy flamers seems like a pretty good chaff cleaner. Hopefully the cult bonuses help out with them too!

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I'm very slowly getting back into the game via buying one unit and painting it before I buy more.

I really like how characterful the Genestealer Cult units are, and I don't have much interest in allying in guard as I'm more about the look than the tabletop feel. I bought a box of Neophyte Hybrids, and I would like to start assembling and painting them, but I still want them to be tabletop legal. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Clawtopsy posted:

I'm very slowly getting back into the game via buying one unit and painting it before I buy more.

I really like how characterful the Genestealer Cult units are, and I don't have much interest in allying in guard as I'm more about the look than the tabletop feel. I bought a box of Neophyte Hybrids, and I would like to start assembling and painting them, but I still want them to be tabletop legal. Can anyone give me some advice on this?

Well, we don’t have the official word on what is codex-legal until this Saturday, but I’m sure people would be happy to do this. It depends a bit on what playstyle you want them to have, though Neophytes are much more shooting-oriented so their choices are pretty straightforward.

If you want a legal model, you’ll want to check the codex before committing.

Unless they change the index loadout heavily, I intend to use mine with two grenade launchers and one mining laser per unit. They’ll mostly be loitering around objectives, so a heavy weapon (which will hopefully be more powerful in a few days) seems like a good idea.

Stick a sniper HQ behind them to snipe and target oncoming units for shooty-murder.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Clawtopsy posted:

I admire your work process and disciplined approach.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

LordAba posted:

We will have to see what the unit composition is, but deepstriking 2-3 12" heavy flamers seems like a pretty good chaff cleaner. Hopefully the cult bonuses help out with them too!

5-15, one quad for every 4 bikes. Rusted Claw would let the heavies move and shoot with no penalty.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.
Re: GSC

Noooooooo, are they removing Brood Brothers?! I already had a Baneblade/Tyranids and was so excited to mash it all together

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
GSCs fluff is basically that they're all death cults that have no awareness they're death cults, right?

PierreTheMime
Dec 9, 2004

Hero of hormagaunts everywhere!
Buglord

Clawtopsy posted:

GSCs fluff is basically that they're all death cults that have no awareness they're death cults, right?

Absolutely. As a means of survival purestrain genestealers have a inherent desire to leave the planet as the hive fleet encroaches, but the cult absolutely believes they will become one with the star children.

I mean, in a purely digestive-biological sense, they’re right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
The old fluff had them willingly and joyfully walking into the digestive pools or whatever, but it's all been written as very grimdark since then, right? I think there are even examples lately of cults switching sides and trying to help the Imperial defenders fight off hive fleets?