Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

get up! come on! get DOWn with the sickness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

the dow must go up that it will come down

succ
Nov 11, 2016

by Cyrano4747
Cool and normal the fed takes directive from the executive cuz 2020 is soon

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Tesla CFO who retired in 2015 but came back is now retiring yet again

https://twitter.com/ElonBachman/status/1090758044076642304

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i know this has been said a billion times but it’s cool that the president is gaslighting the entire country

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

thank you president teump for increasing the chocolate ration

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Rex-Goliath posted:

i know this has been said a billion times but it’s cool that the president is gaslighting the entire country

We will see what happens when the DOW reaches 25,500-25,600, the pretty much the area the market has faced heavy resistance since October.

As far as "good news", the Fed has paused rate increases for now, and the government is up and running for at least the next week. Besides a miraculous breakthrough with China (I doubt this looking at Huawei), there isn't that much else out there on the horizon.

Oh yeah, unemployment has been hovering around the same area it was in August, and then there are bond yields etc. Also, it seems like home sales are also in the toilet.

I mean you can't predict the future but almost every major signal is blinking at this point.

Ardennes fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jan 31, 2019

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Section 232 on Autos will be complete and presented to the President in two weeks or so. Which means we might see those long talked about auto tariffs in February.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Ardennes posted:

I mean you can't predict the future but almost every major signal is blinking at this point.

I'm still standing by Brexit being what sets off this powder keg. Trump can intimidate the Fed into cooperating but there's only so long they can keep up a facade. The Brexit negotiations across the pond aren't going well at all and there's a chance of Raw Brexit in which case :lol:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Lmao

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1090772670940147714

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Jerome Powell is a cuck.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

do you think he taunted her about her looks

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

fuckin laffo

Catboy Autonomist
Jun 23, 2018

IS IT SUPWISING THAT PWISONS WESEMBWE FACTOWIES, SCHOOWS, WHICH AWW WESEMBWE PWISONS?

triple sulk posted:

it's because most of the user base these days is old people who don't give a poo poo

What people forget about Facebook is that it owns Instagram tho, which is actually still popular with The Youths

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

As we tune the ways of our lives to a more fine accordance with the way of the dow we transcend the plane of things mattering and seek toward the number, seek without striving.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Catboy Autonomist posted:

What people forget about Facebook is that it owns Instagram tho, which is actually still popular with The Youths

And if Facebook is only for old people, old people are also the only people who have money!

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

SKULL.GIF posted:

I'm still standing by Brexit being what sets off this powder keg. Trump can intimidate the Fed into cooperating but there's only so long they can keep up a facade. The Brexit negotiations across the pond aren't going well at all and there's a chance of Raw Brexit in which case :lol:

I doubt Brexit itself will do it, if anything it will probably be a relatively random inflection point like back in October.

Also, the recession has a lot less to do with Donald himself or the trade war and far more to do with VC pumping a tech bubble and coastal housing markets.

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

SKULL.GIF posted:

if anything number will go up if its a hard brexit, the amount of billionaire boners that will pop at the idea of stealing everything not nailed down and privatizing the nhs will be unprecedented

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

atelier morgan posted:

if anything number will go up if its a hard brexit, the amount of billionaire boners that will pop at the idea of stealing everything not nailed down and privatizing the nhs will be unprecedented

Brexit: Make Aristocracy Great Again

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

SKULL.GIF posted:

My money is on Trump using the debt ceiling as his next hostage for a wall. So, around March 1st for me. When is the Brexit thing finalized?

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

there really is a tweet for everything!

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

overhead some real estate looking guy (fake tan, spiked up gelled hair, brioni suit) talking about how the market is gonna last at least through the election

so expect a meltdown before then. I was kinda skeptical back late last year when the mainstream news was like yeah man things look scary because gently caress if these idiots won't be completely caught off guard

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the brutalist method

https://twitter.com/SuperMugatu/status/1090838467913924608

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

lol i can't wait until everyone gets their tax bill (and not refund) here in the next month.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

BattleMoose posted:

I get that its "cool" to hate on capitalism for all the bad poo poo in the world but you should at least try to be evidenced based. So you should recognize that poverty levels globally have been plummeting, and you should also probably recognize that that its because globally we have generally embraced capitalism, but you won't, because your position is ideologically driven and you're not even trying to based your position on the available evidence.

https://data.worldbank.org/topic/poverty

https://singularityhub.com/2018/01/02/will-the-world-ever-be-free-of-extreme-poverty/#sm.00014hffazlfkdmysdn2nasey4lb7

:prepop:

Ruzihm fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jan 31, 2019

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

lmao irl

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
some weirdo wrote something in the 1800s about the tendency of the rate of profit to fall. i dunno if this has anything to do with that though

https://twitter.com/business/status/1090873356361129984

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

time is a flat circle

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

some weirdo wrote something in the 1800s about the tendency of the rate of profit to fall. i dunno if this has anything to do with that though

something similar with all the government outsourcing which is why there is a crisis in contracting in the U.K. and several large multi billion companies have crashed

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

El Mero Mero posted:

lol i can't wait until everyone gets their tax bill (and not refund) here in the next month.

i got my federal refund yesterdsy, it was smaller than last year but not by a ton.

i also just threw it straight at my student loan lol

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

maybe fire the armies of useless administrators

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
maybe spend less on football

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

Not a Children posted:

Nah, better off squeezing the adjunct professors even more.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

dril_no.jpg

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

"but football pays for all the other programs" i shout, increasing tuition another $10,000 per semester per student

mycomancy
Oct 16, 2016

ScrubLeague posted:

"but football pays for all the other programs" i shout, increasing tuition another $10,000 per semester per student

Football doesn't pay for loving poo poo except for coach salaries. Kill all the professional college sports programs, replace them with club sports sponsored by faculty members, and fire all the coaches...out of a cannon, into the sun.

Not a Children posted:

Oh, this too. Make Academia Great Again.

mycomancy fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Jan 31, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Not a Children posted: