Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

tetsuo posted:

here i am running bounties like an idiot. Something to keep in mind.
Bounties are the way to go. They give a ton of mats and are necessary to get geared up anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.
Just got my free primal for clearing GR70, and honestly, I would have preferred a Blackthorne piece:

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

McCoy Pauley posted:

Just got my free primal for clearing GR70, and honestly, I would have preferred a Blackthorne piece:

That still could have been much worse.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
My free Primal was a Gladiator Gauntlet and the only Primal I've gotten to drop so far is a Nagel Ring.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Marketing New Brain posted:

Definitely not, you want to reroll crit damage -> CDR or Area Damage, kind of personal preference. Area Damage will be better for, well, damage or pushing grifts, CDR is better if you don't have effectively 100 percent epiphany uptime with Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac.

There's a small chance on your setup 10% damage is better than either of those but I highly doubt it, but it kind of depends on the rest of your gear layout. Either way you definitely want to roll of Critical Hit Damage, that's less than you get on a ring or gloves.

I'd probably go CDR to start, and then you can always switch it to Area Damage when you are trying to push higher grifts.

Thanks for the help, a friend explained some of the math to me as well, given I've only got 2 augments, sitting at 10400ish Dex (Paragon 930ish) it seems I can just leave it as is. I got enough CDR from other pieces that don't require it according to the guide. I got a 200% CoE with Socket/CDR/CHC/CHD.
Didn't consider the thing you said about Area Damage before, given the weapon can have 10% CDR instead of it.

Overall I am kinda happy with this monk, working on the 3rd augment now so I can put it on my CoE, maybe I'll get some better ancient pieces on the way there.

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride
Has anyone ever had Horadric Gifts disappear?

I’m doing season journeys with a witch doctor. Redeemed chapter 2 and 3 rewards. Swore I put all four gifts in stash.

I took a break for awhile and came back and there’s only two in stash. What the hell? Where did the others go? Am I hosed? Did I just permanently lose out on two set items?

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

minya posted:

Has anyone ever had Horadric Gifts disappear?

I’m doing season journeys with a witch doctor. Redeemed chapter 2 and 3 rewards. Swore I put all four gifts in stash.

I took a break for awhile and came back and there’s only two in stash. What the hell? Where did the others go? Am I hosed? Did I just permanently lose out on two set items?

Each bag has two items, did you put the two bags in the stash or the four set pieces from inside those bags?

minya
Sep 7, 2004

SUN RA WAS HERE IN HIS ELEMENT
he invited me back for a ride

Rexxed posted:

Each bag has two items, did you put the two bags in the stash or the four set pieces from inside those bags?

Ohhhh poo poo. THAT’s it. Thank you. I totally did not realize that. Was wigging out a little bit. I have the two bags in there.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
minorly disappointed ferrets don't pick up nephelim globules

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
I still don't know what those things do. It's like a change on attack to do bonus damage? How much damage is it? Is it an explosion or just on a single target?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They make you run a little faster and give a (very) minor conduit effect against nearby enemies. I don't think they've been mathematically relevant in Diablo 3 since Torment VI was the highest difficulty setting.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Does area damage work with the jade harvest set when you consume all the DOT effects?

Also, i put frostburns in my cube instead of the strongarm bracers, and turns out freezing everyone with Haunt is pretty fun.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Yup. It's not super obvious but area damage makes your DPS go up exponentially with mob density. If you have 1 guy with 100 hp and 20 guys with 100 hp you will kill the latter waay faster than the former.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Area Damage becomes exponentially more useful the more AOE-oriented your build is to begin with, i.e. Jadedoc.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Khorne posted:

Bounties are the way to go. They give a ton of mats and are necessary to get geared up anyway.
I know, I just mean as a quick way of getting that one out of the way in a season.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

exquisite tea posted:

They make you run a little faster and give a (very) minor conduit effect against nearby enemies. I don't think they've been mathematically relevant in Diablo 3 since Torment VI was the highest difficulty setting.

Fun fact - on Console, they don't affect movement speed and instead give you 20 seconds of literal Double Damage.

It's their balancing act since you can't directly aim skills as well on console. Turns out it works pretty well! The leader boards are almost within 1 or 2 grift levels each season. It means that some builds are more powerful on console than pc, too, like Crusader Condemn.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

There are way too many useless 1h legendary swords.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

my god i'm breaking 1 trillion damage with the DH shadow set, it's so beautiful

still not used to being frail though, good lord i die quickly

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

flakeloaf posted:

There are way too many useless 1h legendary swords.

As someone trying to put together a decent slanderer/little rogue set this season, god drat is this ever true. Sucks for the deathwish wizards too.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

Shadow is one of the tankier DH setups. Use FoK - Bladed Armor on cooldown, equip Endless Walk set, cube Elusive Ring, wear Aquila Cuirass and (on higher GR) rune Dark Heart for Vengeance. On lower GR/T13 you'll just want Seethe because things will die too fast for you to get Hatred refunded through Karlei's. If you're still really struggling, you can wear APDs and cube Frostburn in the armor slot while speccing Impale for Overpenetration.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

U-DO Burger posted:

What are you adding to your Shadow build give the free RoRG this season? I've equipped an Aquila Cuirass I have, and am cubing the Visage of Gunes, but I'm wonder if I should look for something offensive instead of defensive (maybe those gloves that boost cold damage).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

What are you adding to your Shadow build give the free RoRG this season? I've equipped an Aquila Cuirass I have, and am cube the Visage of Gunes, but I'm wonder if I should look for something offensive instead of defensive (maybe those gloves that boost cold damage).

On upper GR you can keep Hatred at 100% without Seethe, which opens up your armor slot for Frostburn.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

What are you adding to your Shadow build give the free RoRG this season? I've equipped an Aquila Cuirass I have, and am cubing the Visage of Gunes, but I'm wonder if I should look for something offensive instead of defensive (maybe those gloves that boost cold damage).

Right now I'm missing the pants of the set so I don't have many options for switching things up (and right now all that's there is a generic ancient). I guess I should use the cube to convert one of my other pieces.

exquisite tea posted:

Shadow is one of the tankier DH setups. Use FoK - Bladed Armor on cooldown, equip Endless Walk set, cube Elusive Ring, wear Aquila Cuirass and (on higher GR) rune Dark Heart for Vengeance. On lower GR/T13 you'll just want Seethe because things will die too fast for you to get Hatred refunded through Karlei's. If you're still really struggling, you can wear APDs and cube Frostburn in the armor slot while speccing Impale for Overpenetration.

ooooh thanks. I'm shooting for the high level Impale buiild on the Icy Veins site, but I'm missing a ton of pieces and I wasn't sure what to fill my slots with until I get everything. I'll give Seethe a try, since right now I run out of hatred too quickly

currently trying to get a second Karlei's because I cubed my first one like a dipshit :negative:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Karlei's are super easy to make in the cube. 50/50 chance on any rare dagger.

totalnewbie
Nov 13, 2005

I was born and raised in China, lived in Japan, and now hold a US passport.

I am wrong in every way, all the damn time.

Ask me about my tattoos.
The best part of Jade WD is the hiccup when you consume your DOTs on a huge group as the game does the calculations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

if i'm thinking of the right set, i didn't like having to focus so much on hunting elites when using shadow, since it was so inefficient at dealing with mobs

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

Karlei's are super easy to make in the cube. 50/50 chance on any rare dagger.

are you serious, i've cubed 5 daggers already

gently caress u lord greenstone

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

i like that with the free grandeur, natalya's can easily fit in the first tier of another set bonus. probably useless later on, but for now it lets me run around with an entourage of animals whilst vengeancing

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Devonaut posted:

As someone trying to put together a decent slanderer/little rogue set this season, god drat is this ever true. Sucks for the deathwish wizards too.

Sup.

In the meantime I'm running a weird glass-cannon Vyr Archon build right now. I get twoshotted by trash, but if I can get those 20 Chantodos stacks up, the pulses murder everything and I can outlast elite packs and most bosses not named Blighter. I'm yay-close to cubing that wand that takes your teleport off CD, but that's the MH I use with the shield that gives you free meteors AND I want those ten seconds from In-geom to keep my Archons as close together as possible. Downside is that if I don't find an elite pack, I have to run the hell away and having just the one (or two) teleports to do that with isn't much good.

I wanna get that first GR70 done tonight to unlock primals, then just go back to facegrinding 55s or T10 rifts until I get bored or tired or a weapon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rinkles posted:

if i'm thinking of the right set, i didn't like having to focus so much on hunting elites when using shadow, since it was so inefficient at dealing with mobs

This is the funnest most exhilirating part of Shadow, you zip around the map at 3,000mph hunting for elites and then blow them up in one hit. If you can see what affixes they have before they die then you're not working quickly enough.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

totalnewbie posted:

The best part of Jade WD is the hiccup when you consume your DOTs on a huge group as the game does the calculations.

is that what's going on? haha

This set owns. I did a gr 70 p426 with only 1 lvl5 legendary gem. A couple legendaries carry over from the free set as do some of the skills, and I just stumbled upon 5 pieces of it and changed out just the set items and had a huge increase. Now i've gotten most pieces of the icy vein build, a couple ancient ones, and am rolling upgrades. I like wyrmwood over The Furnace so my mana pool stays full, and frostburns in the cube. I am thinking of getting the amulet that pulls things towards you and CoE instead of the Endless Walk because finding a decent pair of those is torture.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Thanks to Saudi A! posted:

is that what's going on? haha
I am thinking of getting the amulet that pulls things towards you.

This goes on your follower.

If you don't want Endless Walk you can go

CoE Unity Emptiness with HFA or Eye of Etlich (good luck finding a good one) or one of the elemental immunity amulets.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Spent way too long with a lovely 4 TR/3 FB build trying to get kadala to give me a belt to hit 5 and start steamrolling, and the instant she did I had a deathwish, nilfur’s, and ABB drop off the same boss and it was an immediate :getin: straight to GR 70

I love TR so much

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

between shadow, UH and natalya's, which has the easiest set dungeon?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

UE is easy enough but Marauder is maybe the piss easiest set dungeon in the game if you have that.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

exquisite tea posted:

UE is easy enough but Marauder is maybe the piss easiest set dungeon in the game if you have that.
It's almost an insult to have to do it. "kill everything ... with 3 turrets up ... and don't let it get near you" at this point everything except the rockworms dies offscreen anyway and they're easy to jump past.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

exquisite tea posted:

haven't used the set but have the armor. do i have to worry about my weapon?

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

U-DO Burger posted:

are you serious, i've cubed 5 daggers already

gently caress u lord greenstone

I made a primal Karlei's point last night doing upgrades. Might actually try pushing solo impale instead of Nats now.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rinkles posted:

haven't used the set but have the armor. do i have to worry about my weapon?

Cluster Arrow or Multishot will do everything you need to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

McCoy Pauley posted:

heh, mine's more useless!

(freak primal a few minutes after the freebie primal, string of ears)

exquisite tea posted:

Cluster Arrow or Multishot will do everything you need to do.

thanks

e:yup that was easy

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 1, 2019