Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
What does Alley Oop bring to the time travel operation? Does he just punch people hard? And is whatshername supposed to be a cavewoman or is she from the future too?

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Have to admit I wasn't expecting that particular direction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I appreciate that this rebooted comic about a caveman has spent all but a week in modern times.

Isn't that kind of Alley Oop's schtick, though?

BCN

Princess Phoebe of the Humans

Wallace the Brave

Curtis

So does Ms. Nelson have telepathic powers like Nona, or did Billingsley forget how thought bubbles work? I'd say odds are 50/50.

Jamal

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

I only occasionally read this comic and almost every time it's a bit... eeeeeehhhhhh :chloe:

(BUT EVEN I KNOW THE PANEL ORDER PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Vargo posted:

Isn't that kind of Alley Oop's schtick, though?

Yep.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Evil Mastermind posted:

I appreciate that this rebooted comic about a caveman has spent all but a week in modern times.

I appreciate that this rebooted comic about a caveman is absolute dogshit

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Tunicate posted:

The Princess Planet

March 18th, 2006

That last panel with the giant brings back vague memories of a book I had as a kid. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Evil Mastermind posted:

:crossarms: 1980's is ancient history.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

I'm so glad my desire to observe detailed illustrated environments is now being fulfilled by a comic that isn't Dustin.

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!

computer angel posted:

I'm so glad my desire to observe detailed illustrated environments is now being fulfilled by a comic that isn't Dustin.

I kind of just realized that Jamal's mom is standing in front of a canvas and easel in that last panel, which is a good way to both include a character detail (Jamal's mom does art of some sort) and also get out of having to draw the rest of that kitchen counter.

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Vargo posted:

I kind of just realized that Jamal's mom is standing in front of a canvas and easel in that last panel, which is a good way to both include a character detail (Jamal's mom does art of some sort) and also get out of having to draw the rest of that kitchen counter.

Maybe so, but a nice cookie jar and a microwave that actually looks like a microwave and not a cube with buttons on it is leaps and bounds better than what's out there now. I don't think this level of detail is necessary all the time, but I'll certainly take it when it's offered.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

The oath from the book:
"I swear on this cross and in the name of all saints to fulfill the promise I made in front of Blessed Virgin. If I break this oath, may a curse be upon me and all my descendants in seven generations."

At least so far the comic follows the book very closely and almost all text is directly from the Finnish translation. It's still an adaptation so it skips about half of the dialogue lines and lot of descriptions that add extra layers.

Nancy

Mandrake

Kennel fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jan 31, 2019

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Aleph Null posted:

That last panel with the giant brings back vague memories of a book I had as a kid. Does anyone else know what I'm talking about?
Was it this, by Mercer Mayer?

Geech

Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Mandrake is so fuckkin weird

Comic Strip Thread: Yeah -- I Buy Stolen Property!

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Sam's Strip*

Ye Olde Foxtrot 5/9/88

Tarzan: I really want Modesty Blaise to show up and start kicking rear end.

*After a quick survey of major 1961 Legislation I can only imagine that Sam is upset about the All Channel Receiver Act, not the Oil Pollution Act of 1961, the 23rd Amendment or Executive Orders 10924 (Peace Corp) and 10925 (Affirmative Action). So, um, yeah, regulation bad?

Condorito! That'd be an interesting strip for someone to post.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 16, 1931)

Peanuts (February 3, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way, featuring a double-dip of BOYZENDORGS! :dance: (December 17-19, 1931)

Thimble Theater (August 27, 1935)

Dok's Dippy Duck (with footnotes) (June 7-9, 1923)

Ripped from the headlines.

Green Lake was named for its naturally occurring algae blooms. Random Extra Duck was convinced the color was added by contractors and paid cash for his ignorance.

Them Days Is Gone Forever (January 24-25, 1923)

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jan 31, 2019

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Is the werewolf collapse really all on Hillary? Her folks took no steps to have them removed or to make her remove them. And them collapsing was a concern of the Forths.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
yeah this seems like teds fault for watching the Star Wars holiday special for the nth time instead of taking them down

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

Honestly impressed that was consistently the Mammon Theatre until Peter destroyed it a few months ago.

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

RandomPauI posted:

Is the werewolf collapse really all on Hillary? Her folks took no steps to have them removed or to make her remove them. And them collapsing was a concern of the Forths.

Hil thinks it is, but we haven't seen what her parents think. I do not think they will lay the blame solely at her feet.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Aleph Null posted:

The first Where’s Wally/Waldo book has giants drinking up lakes with straws.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Haifisch posted:

2012 Spiderman

I've heard of Peter B. Parker, but Peter Bi Parker?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Forktoss posted:

Please enjoy this Intelligent Life® comic strip edit created especially for something awful forums dot com

thank you.
I appreciate this.

Kennel posted:

Mandrake

I wish we had seen a day or two of these guys knocking on doors asking those who answered if they bought stolen property, only to be told that no, they do not, and then they have to move on to the next door.

F Minus

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Ah so the president does know! I figured he must but I wasn't sure.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

:lol: I think that's pretty good.

Apartment 3-G

Did they really say "discotheque" in the 70s?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Nenonen posted:

:crossarms: 1980's is ancient history.

It can't be, that's when I was a teenager!

:smithicide:

Oh man I've been waiting for this story to turn up in the reruns since you started them. It's almost time!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

It's the rude fat guy on the plane, yelling at the stewardess for another minibottle of Bacardi

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

I don't know if this will be useful for anyone else, but I got sick of the lack of rss on Comics Kingdom and used Feed43 to make a feed for The Phantom. I figure as long as it exists I might as well share it, for anyone else who loses track of everything that doesn't show up every day in their feed reader :v:

computer angel
Sep 9, 2008

Make it a double.

Tiggum posted:

Mary Worth

Did not think this was an edit and was extremely not looking forward to the Mary Worth takes on false rape allegations story line.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

EasyEW posted:

Green Lake was named for its naturally occurring algae blooms. Random Extra Duck was convinced the color was added by contractors and paid cash for his ignorance.

I fish Green Lake frequently so this is really neat for me. :)

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Haifisch posted:

Dick Tracy

It's getting worse by the day

you've already done the reveal, you idiots, stop wasting more time on building up to another one

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Tunicate posted:

The Princess Planet

March 18th, 2006

March 19th, 2006

March 26th, 2006

I just want to ask you all something: is this worth the resurgence of 9CL?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Princess Planet seems like a not raunchy and not as witty Oglaf.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

MariusLecter posted:

Princess Planet seems like a not raunchy and not as witty Oglaf.

I agree. I didn't way to be the one to say it, so thank you.

Edit:

Discendo Vox posted:

The first Where’s Wally/Waldo book has giants drinking up lakes with straws.

It was an illustrated children's paperback full of faerie tales about giants. One of them was The Brave Little Tailor I remember because I thought the belt buckle with "seven with one blow" for killing flies was hilarious.
But one of the illustrations had a giant face that looked like that one.
I also had a book of dragon faerie tales with illustrations by the same artist.

Aleph Null fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Jan 31, 2019

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery is back on Monday. Still don't know whether that includes Space Is The Place or not (I suspect not, though, since the opening of the next case does rather directly tie into the end of Space Is The Place. I think the delay might be Allison creating a new, more standalone opening).

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Aleph Null posted:

Hil thinks it is, but we haven't seen what her parents think. I do not think they will lay the blame solely at her feet.

Unlike, say, the Cudlicks, the Forths are thoughtful and caring an will recognize that it's not entirely Hil's fault. They'll be angry, but not, like, FOOB angry.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Haifisch posted:

Locher Tracy

Just going to take a moment to appreciate Locher era tiny-arms 747.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Ardeem posted:

Just going to take a moment to appreciate Locher era tiny-arms 747.

He had a style and that was 24/7 thalodomide arms.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Locher did nothing wrong.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

I like Princess Planet, it is goofy and charming.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
I just want to appreciate the line "they didn't return to the Earth! They went through my folks' patio!"

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Aleph Null posted:

It was an illustrated children's paperback full of faerie tales about giants. One of them was The Brave Little Tailor I remember because I thought the belt buckle with "seven with one blow" for killing flies was hilarious.
But one of the illustrations had a giant face that looked like that one.
I also had a book of dragon faerie tales with illustrations by the same artist.

Ah, I was thinking of:

edit: ye gods, that's huge! How do I remove it!?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

EasyEW posted:

Sally Forth

:rip:

Yeah let's give Kadia a new name. Kadia Walker. How's that?