Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Guy Mann posted:

Space Cop is such a miserable, joyless, unfunny experience that I don't really trust them with regards to schlock, camp, trash, irony, or any other so-bad-its-good media aside from holding it up as an example of what not to do.
I love Half in the Bag/Best of the Worst but I've never seen Space Cop. I saw the trailer and it looked like poo poo so I never watched it. I mean it was never going to be a movie with actual production values, but it still looked pretty bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6LfwtdM8Fg

I haven't been a big fan of Conan's new show so far but this bit was loving amazing.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Guy Mann posted:

so-bad-its-good media

To this day I simply can't understand the concept. Like a thing, hate a thing, but don't point and laugh at a thing because you think you're better than it. Try to meet a filmmaker halfway if you're going to watch something that didn't achieve what they intended, or ignore their intention and enjoy it with death of the author in mind.

If you go to a Rocky Horror screening and laugh at it you simply have no taste, and if you go to The Room and laugh at it you're a child and a bully.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

feedmyleg posted:

and if you go to The Room and laugh at it you're a child and a bully.
Shut the gently caress up. The Room is hilarious and absurd and not laughing at it would mean you aren't really watching it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The CW has renewed a bunch of their shows:
Arrow
Black Lightning
Charmed
Dynasty
The Flash
Legacies
Riverdale
Supergirl
Supernatural
Legends Of Tomorrow

Not announced yet:
The 100
Roswell, NM
All American

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

MiddleOne posted:

Jesus just let the show die.

It will when it bombs because it isn't the same without Emmy Rossum.

Finished Wayne. Amazing tv show. Hope it comes back.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

muscles like this! posted:

Arrow
Black Lightning
Charmed
Dynasty
The Flash
Legacies
Riverdale
Supergirl
Supernatural
Legends Of Tomorrow

Not announced yet:
The 100
Roswell, NM
All American

Isn't The 100 always renewed at the last second?

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Yesh they always wait for the season to be airing.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
100's last ending works as a series finale if it gets cancelled, anyway.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The next season is airing in April. Though Desmond from Lost is doing some vampire show now and won't be in it so might as well cancel it.

Mu Zeta fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Feb 1, 2019

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I feel like chances are good they're gonna go down to the planet and there's gonna be primitive alien natives.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mu Zeta posted:

The next season is airing in April. Though Desmond from Lost is doing some vampire show now and won't be in it so might as well cancel it.

The last season finale gave them an excuse to write out anyone they wanted.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Lycus posted:

I feel like chances are good they're gonna go down to the planet and there's gonna be primitive alien natives.

Gotta have something to genocide or the show would lose its spark.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

You know, i watched Lost and I watched The 100 and for some reason I never realized Desmond was in the 100 until now.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

I like that show. e: i'm a fan of the discount Starlord dude.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 1, 2019

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

STAC Goat posted:

You know, i watched Lost and I watched The 100 and for some reason I never realized Desmond was in the 100 until now.

It's the lack of Scottish accent that's weird

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

GreenNight posted:

Supernatural has been renewed for season 15.

That thing has been unstoppable for close to 3-4 years now as far as having renewal on a lock and it might just be because the head of programming wants to make the longest running genre show.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

feedmyleg posted:

To this day I simply can't understand the concept. Like a thing, hate a thing, but don't point and laugh at a thing because you think you're better than it. Try to meet a filmmaker halfway if you're going to watch something that didn't achieve what they intended, or ignore their intention and enjoy it with death of the author in mind.

If you go to a Rocky Horror screening and laugh at it you simply have no taste, and if you go to The Room and laugh at it you're a child and a bully.

If you can't understand something then you have zero right to condemn the people who do understand it for enjoying it.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

muscles like this! posted:

Legends Of Tomorrow

All I needed to know.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

pentyne posted:

That thing has been unstoppable for close to 3-4 years now as far as having renewal on a lock and it might just be because the head of programming wants to make the longest running genre show.

I feel like that's impossible as long as Doctor Who exists.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Man, it takes a lot for a TV show to bother me but holy poo poo the cold open of You're The Worst this week :barf:

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Did people like Little Drummer Girl? I normally dislike Park Chan Wook movies because they are so over the top grimdark but I love spy shows.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

He already had a reduced role last season, I'm sure he can just stay frozen for a while until he is needed for a cameo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

He already had a reduced role last season, I'm sure he can just stay frozen for a while until he is needed for a cameo.

Also, that show The Passage is on Fox so it'll get cancelled as it's getting good.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
The Passage is good? Am I mistaken in thinking I remember that the show pretty much showed all its cards right away?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

pahuyuth posted:

The Passage is good? Am I mistaken in thinking I remember that the show pretty much showed all its cards right away?

It's not not not bad.

It's basically running on the format of backstories and probably vampire apocalypse or something happening before seasons end. Nothing much has happend yet. Gotta keep that fox budget down.

The child actor might be the second best actor on the show. Emmanuelle Chriqui is in it too, so i'm in for the long haul.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I basically have to keep talking myself out of watching that show just because Emmanuelle Chriqui and Zach Morris are in it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The book takes place over a thousand years or something so I wonder if the Fox show will have any of that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

STAC Goat posted:

I basically have to keep talking myself out of watching that show just because Emmanuelle Chriqui and Zach Morris are in it.

I didn't know that was him.

He's ok, those two are the only ones doing anything proactive in the show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rocksicles posted:

Emmanuelle Chriqui

welp another for the backlog

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

esperterra posted:

welp another for the backlog

Can always rely on you to back up my tv crushes.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mu Zeta posted:

Did people like Little Drummer Girl? I normally dislike Park Chan Wook movies because they are so over the top grimdark but I love spy shows.

The first couple hours are good, but if you stick with it, the rest of the series is absolutely fantastic. The rare event series that actually saves its best material for later.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

feedmyleg posted:

I'm pointing and laughing at this

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
itt it's possible to simultaneously laugh at and with RHPS

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

rhps is art

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

esperterra posted:

rhps is art

But is it...

high art

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

pentyne posted:

I'm bingeing through season 8 tonight and while it's not as good as the last couple seasons, I can't help but love the characters so goddamn much and hope it never ends. Wanna see crotchety old Sam and Dean.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

But is it...

high art

i like to be high while i view it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Meanwhile, The Room is peak dumb fun, and the peak is Tommy Wiseau's erect penis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I'm five or six seasons behind on Supernatural but I'm perfectly fine with it being the new Gunsmoke.