Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Rinkles posted:

i like that with the free grandeur, natalya's can easily fit in the first tier of another set bonus. probably useless later on, but for now it lets me run around with an entourage of animals whilst vengeancing

N6M4 is a really good DH build its just all the other DH builds are also nuts.

exquisite tea posted:

UE is easy enough but Marauder is maybe the piss easiest set dungeon in the game if you have that.

I HATED the UE dungeon. Took me the most tries of any because I couldn't get good groups.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Deathwish tonight and my free primal was the wizard's set chest.

So that's it for my useful loot this season gg see you around easter

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm playing IK6. I need a third conquest (I have Curses and the gem leveling one). Should I keep trying pub rift games until I find one that'll actually (a) do a rift in 2 minutes and (b) not lose their loving mind if I close the rift after the RG, or should I make another build and go do Boss Rush?

I actually got the 3 minute rift on my own, but it was a freakishly dense A5 graveyard layout and I'm not sure if I'm up for fishing for another like that.

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician

Incoherence posted:

I'm playing IK6. I need a third conquest (I have Curses and the gem leveling one). Should I keep trying pub rift games until I find one that'll actually (a) do a rift in 2 minutes and (b) not lose their loving mind if I close the rift after the RG, or should I make another build and go do Boss Rush?

I actually got the 3 minute rift on my own, but it was a freakishly dense A5 graveyard layout and I'm not sure if I'm up for fishing for another like that.
Clear GR55 with 6 different sets. Everything is so ridiculously overpowered you don't even need to reroll any random pieces used to make up the set.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
One very major piece of advice for set dungeons where not getting hit or not getting in melee range is a thing: since you have to kill all monsters, all of them start off marked on your minimap with easily seen skulls.

So for stuff like tal rasha set dungeon where you don't wanna get hit by rockworms, dont focus on the main screen, you can easily do your rotations blindly. Look at the minimap for solitary skulls that move oddly when you approach them, but there is apparently nothing there ingame. The minimap tracks even burrowed enemies, so you can easily tell when to teleport away from the rockworm before it surfaces under you.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Incoherence posted:

I did 2 minute rift with charge barb, had about 15 seconds to spare. Took maybe 7-8 tries to find a suitably dense rift once I had the feel of the build worked out. Trick is either charge big packs or single enemies. You only have to do it on T10.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
Next season seems about time for a new torment level, no?

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Rinkles posted:

Next season seems about time for a new torment level, no?

Or several, I would hope. The way some of these DH builds carve through T13 (particularly the UE speedfarm build that relies on Goldwrap), I want to see T20 and the goblin packs that would result.

I'm following this guide for the Shadow build I'm using, and it recommends swapping out Bane of the Powerful for Pain Enhancer at some point. When are people doing this? Like how high should I be in GRs before I start to consider this? I've been using Powerful up to high 70s, and it seems fine, so I'm not sure when I would start noticing a big improvement from swapping to Pain Enhancer.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

McCoy Pauley posted:

Or several, I would hope. The way some of these DH builds carve through T13 (particularly the UE speedfarm build that relies on Goldwrap), I want to see T20 and the goblin packs that would result.

I'm following this guide for the Shadow build I'm using, and it recommends swapping out Bane of the Powerful for Pain Enhancer at some point. When are people doing this? Like how high should I be in GRs before I start to consider this? I've been using Powerful up to high 70s, and it seems fine, so I'm not sure when I would start noticing a big improvement from swapping to Pain Enhancer.

Probably not until 100+ when you need the extra attack speed. Generally elites die way too fast at lower levels for it to be worth it.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
gently caress SWK set dungeon. Yeah lets just make every group of enemies have 15 monsters separated by a long hall way.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

McCoy Pauley posted:

I've been using Gogok over Pain Enhancer because I have some less than ideal CDR rolls on my best gear and it's more versatile overall. I've only cleared through GR110 however.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

Incoherence posted:

You can try to do either tx rift or boss rush mode with speed IK whirlwind build. Add everything that boosts movement speed, starting with warzechian bracers, boon of the hoarder + avarice ring, bk swords, sprint with marathon rune as a skill etc.

Since they only need torment X difficulty the damage isn't a problem.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Grind out enough rifts and you'll eventually hit a Fields of Misery or graveyard map with an early conduit pylon. I've never had to purposely seek out the 2min clear conquest, it's something that just happens with time.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The bottom left zone on act v has the good chest. Keep remaking games until there’s a cursed chest bounty there.
If anyone needs help with that or the tx rush on Americas, I can carry.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007
To anyone trying to do the sub 2 minute rifts if you want help on US servers ask in LLJK chat for help. I'm happy to help you get it and I'm sure others are as well.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Spacely posted:

To anyone trying to do the sub 2 minute rifts if you want help on US servers ask in LLJK chat for help. I'm happy to help you get it and I'm sure others are as well.

Completely trivial for a DH.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Spacely posted:

I can do it in hardcore for people as well.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Feb 1, 2019

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I wish Diablo gave me a reason to do the higher level challenges.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

yeah, I just stop paying attention to the challenges once I finish chapter 4

imo they should give you a primal drop for all the other chapters. chances are the random item you get would suck but i sure as hell would jump through those hoops

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

flakeloaf posted:

There are way too many useless 1h legendary swords.

Is this a bad time to share this?

Melum
Oct 14, 2012
It’s weird how it only goes up to t13, and greater rifts go nearly double that. I one-shot t13 Malthael with a Tal Rasha meteor spec wizard, only on 80 g rifts. No idea how people hit 130, is it just ancient/primal everything?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

You think maybe I should actually put together a UE set now? :thunk:

Soon followed by a near-perfect Karlei's. Sometimes the Diablo provideth in abudance.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Is that Yang's literally perfect?

My luck’s been poop this season. Must have used it up last time I played when I got a primal unity and coe.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Oh my god. Inna’s WOL is so good. I’m loving the Monk now that I got away from exploding palm.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Rinkles posted:

Is that Yang's literally perfect?

That Yang's is indeed perfect, but it's a primal, so by definition it almost has to be. The Karlei's is I think statistically more impressive because it had to randomly roll every desireable category and get near-max values in each.

Spacely
Mar 21, 2007

Melum posted:

It’s weird how it only goes up to t13, and greater rifts go nearly double that. I one-shot t13 Malthael with a Tal Rasha meteor spec wizard, only on 80 g rifts. No idea how people hit 130, is it just ancient/primal everything?

Yes plus augments on all of it and lots of paragon. Then it comes down to getting a good rift where you can build up large groups of mobs and utilize area damage to drastically increase your damage.

And in groups doing 130+ people use builds like starpact wiz or chargebarb that scale their damage off of the number of mobs they hit so they have 2 support characters whose job is to pull as many mobs as possible + provide damage reduction and healing so the dps doesn't die to all the mobs.

So if you have 100+ mobs buffing you and you hit them all with area damage you do insane amounts of damage.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Where's all my ramaladni's gift at? P600 and still zero of them

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
You can have one of my 16 gifts. No clue why this season I got so many while last season I only had 2 total.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Ehud posted:

Oh my god. Inna’s WOL is so good. I’m loving the Monk now that I got away from exploding palm.

Right

Try out Inna generator if you get some of those pieces too. Very fun and a nice change in play style.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Star Man posted:

Is this a bad time to share this?

There's never a bad time to share that, it's good

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Got my GR70 primal on my hardcore Monk

Fire Walkers :chloe:

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014
I dunno if profile links work or not, but I was curious if someone had some insight on what exactly I should be moving toward on my Monk.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/benhagy-1931/hero/108213800

I'm at the point where I have decent gear for the most part (sheet dmg in game is just above 2mil, I know I still have some suboptimal rolls on a few enchants, and a few obvious weak pieces I've been working to replace), but I was wondering if there's perhaps something more specific I should be gunning for, and which pieces of mine are best/safest to dump lvl 100 gems into for extra dex?

I haven't pushed as high as I can yet because I've mostly been spamming rifts to help gear a friend up, but 91 (the highest I've done) felt easy even with a really bad first floor, and I've done a few duo 90s in like 5 mins (where I effectively solo'd).

I tend to quit or move on to an alt by this point usually, but I'm having lots of fun this season with this and instead wanna kind of push this one more to the limit if possible. Any advice?

90s Shoes fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Feb 3, 2019

mewse
May 2, 2006

90s Shoes posted:

I dunno if profile links work or not, but I was curious if someone had some insight on what exactly I should be moving toward on my Monk.

https://us.diablo3.com/en/profile/benhagy-1931/hero/108213800

I'm at the point where I have decent gear for the most part (sheet dmg in game is just above 2mil, I know I still have some suboptimal rolls on a few enchants, and a few obvious weak pieces I've been working to replace), but I was wondering if there's perhaps something more specific I should be gunning for, and which pieces of mine are best/safest to dump lvl 100 gems into for extra dex?

I haven't pushed as high as I can yet because I've mostly been spamming rifts to help gear a friend up, but 91 (the highest I've done) felt easy even with a really bad first floor, and I've done a few duo 90s in like 5 mins (where I effectively solo'd).

I tend to quit or move on to an alt by this point usually, but I'm having lots of fun this season with this and instead wanna kind of push this one more to the limit if possible. Any advice?

You could kit out your templar and get 1.1x resource generation with inspire.

Those bracers look basically perfect for an aug, don't know if you could get a better belt.. or boots.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Ehud posted:

Got my GR70 primal on my hardcore Monk

Fire Walkers :chloe:

The GR70 primal for my DH was a necro exclusive :lol:

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014

mewse posted:

You could kit out your templar and get 1.1x resource generation with inspire.

Those bracers look basically perfect for an aug, don't know if you could get a better belt.. or boots.

What would I use to kit the Templar? I basically never use companions because I never quite get to the point where I'm pushing alone (and I tend to do duos most of the time too), so I know little about it, but I have been saving the typical follower gear, so I probably have most of what I'd need.

mewse
May 2, 2006

90s Shoes posted:

What would I use to kit the Templar? I basically never use companions because I never quite get to the point where I'm pushing alone (and I tend to do duos most of the time too), so I know little about it, but I have been saving the typical follower gear, so I probably have most of what I'd need.

I basically follow the info from this guide

Relic: follower can not die (duh)

Weapon: thunderfury or eun-jang-do (both for CC)

Neck: Overwhelming desire from bounty caches (ess of johan is ok but my u6 monk has cyclone strike already and your WoL doesn't need the pull)

Ring 1: oculus ring BiS, gives you that multiplier if you stand in the pool

Ring 2: Wyrdward (synergizes with thunderfury) or unity for dual-unity dmg reduction

Shield: freeze of deflection for CC. Can roll a lvl 1 barb and upgrade with DBs for a good chance at this shield

To min-max in the past I've tried to boost block chance via shield and relic but doesn't seem worth it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I got a primal puzzle ring

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

the bad thing about finally getting a good yang's recurve is the knowledge that i'm unlikely to find an ancient that's an upgrade

90s Shoes
Jan 30, 2014

mewse posted:

I basically follow the info from this guide

Relic: follower can not die (duh)

Weapon: thunderfury or eun-jang-do (both for CC)

Neck: Overwhelming desire from bounty caches (ess of johan is ok but my u6 monk has cyclone strike already and your WoL doesn't need the pull)

Ring 1: oculus ring BiS, gives you that multiplier if you stand in the pool

Ring 2: Wyrdward (synergizes with thunderfury) or unity for dual-unity dmg reduction

Shield: freeze of deflection for CC. Can roll a lvl 1 barb and upgrade with DBs for a good chance at this shield

To min-max in the past I've tried to boost block chance via shield and relic but doesn't seem worth it

Thanks, something to do with my primal wyrdward I guess! I'll start by doing that and augmenting the bracers, belt, and boots, then see where I'm at.

Other than that I guess I'll just keep chasing Traveler's Pledges and Compass Roses (my pledge is good given it's not Ancient, the Rose is w/e), and roll BS for ancient chest/pants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

I love playing a wizard and getting oneshotted by every ranged attack in the game in GR70+s, progressing only when they don't spawn.