Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

qkkl posted:

Under Communism everyone will be able to poo poo when they want, which would make them lazy since there would be no incentive to work harder.

Yes, good

Poopers of the world, unite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Frog Act posted:

this picture is wrong because the capitalist is performing productive physical labor and not tricking a third guy into doing it for nothing

What’s the connection between being reactionary and also anti vax? From my understanding being anti vax is a thing jihadis are also into.

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Scary! posted:

What’s the connection between being reactionary and also anti vax? From my understanding being anti vax is a thing jihadis are also into.

"(((those people))) are corrupting our pure children with them"

Jihadis are probably anti-vax because the CIA used vaccination aid programs in Pakistan to find osama

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I might have misheard, but I was lead to believe the Osama vax incident reinforced their already existing anti vax propaganda

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

Scary! posted:

I might have misheard, but I was lead to believe the Osama vax incident reinforced their already existing anti vax propaganda

That's possible. I honestly don't know how they viewed those programs or vaccination in general before that

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Anti-vax fits well into pretty much any "they are out to get you!" narrative so it pops up in the weirdest places

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Also me while reading that: "Huh why would they put a quote from a Rabbi at the end saying something that's pretty reasonable... oh right"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Plank Walker posted:

if you want to see more people like that in the wild, just browse https://workplace.stackexchange.com/

half the questions are like "is it unethical to use my health insurance for something that doesn't affect my job performance?"

(the other half are dealing with workplace harassment)

My work figured out how to prevent the health insurance problem. They just give us the bare minimum and say "use Teladoc"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Len posted:

My work figured out how to prevent the health insurance problem. They just give us the bare minimum and say "use Teladoc"

Can they even write physical prescriptions? Because if you're on certain medications (schedule 2 controlled substances) you need to hand-deliver a physical, hand-written prescription for no more than a 30 day supply with no refills to the pharmacy, no fewer than 28 days after the last time you had the prescription filled, since they can't hold on to it for you until your fill date. To make this "easier" your doctor is allowed to write up to three prescriptions in advance, with "do not fill before xx/xx" on each one, spaced 30 days apart.

If, like me, it's medication you need continuously, guess what you get to do every single goddamn month with a window of only 2 days to do it without running out :thumbsup:

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

Can they even write physical prescriptions? Because if you're on certain medications (schedule 2 controlled substances) you need to hand-deliver a physical, hand-written prescription for no more than a 30 day supply with no refills to the pharmacy, no fewer than 28 days after the last time you had the prescription filled, since they can't hold on to it for you until your fill date. To make this "easier" your doctor is allowed to write up to three prescriptions in advance, with "do not fill before xx/xx" on each one, spaced 30 days apart.

If, like me, it's medication you need continuously, guess what you get to do every single goddamn month with a window of only 2 days to do it without running out :thumbsup:

Should have thought about that before you chose to get sick.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
nice pissbottle

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Captain Billy Pissboy posted:

That's possible. I honestly don't know how they viewed those programs or vaccination in general before that

with suspicion if not outright hostility, several medics have been killed by the taliban trying to immunise the population

of course then the CIA were literally using the program to harvest dna to track Obama and his relatives despite knowing this was a hugely sensitive subject

:d2a:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shame Boy posted:

I doubt it. I had back pain caused by my goddamn chair being broken and putting me in a bad position to enter data for 8 hours. I called it just to get some otc naproxen because it's cheaper with a script than from the shelf and they refused.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

Jel Shaker posted:

of course then the CIA were literally using the program to harvest dna to track Obama and his relatives despite knowing this was a hugely sensitive subject

Huge, if true

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Jel Shaker posted:

:d2a:

:q:

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

CIA: HUMM ARE THEY BROTHERS

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Antioch posted:

I modified the door access code on an old network closet so that I am the only one with access. I have a pillow and a blanket in there, and I try to sneak off for a 15-20 minute nap around 10 and again at 2.

It makes my whole day immediately and immeasurably better.

hey nap buddy.

i got a similar setup at my office. I'll pretend I'm leaving for lunch, then sneak down in the basement and use my lunch hour for a nap. It's a lifesaver especially if you have an infant at home.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
plenty of liberals are antivax and love retard poo poo like that and other forms of woo

ChipNDip
Sep 6, 2010

How many deaths are prevented by an executive order that prevents big box stores from selling seeds, furniture, and paint?

Local Weather posted:

I have lived and worked in The Netherlands for the past 3 years.

No one here would ever suggest that you couldn't take a poo poo at work. You are fully expected to take all your vacation days off and you can even take 2 weeks (or even 3) off in a row without anyone so much as batting an eye. Under normal circumstances you are not expected to look at your email after hours or on the weekend. I've even gotten flack from my Dutch colleagues for scheduling meetings with our counterparts in the US that fall outside of our working hours here.

Americans used to have all this I'm sure and we let it all go in times of economic duress and corporate never gives anything back. I'm not sure how I am going to adjust when I have to come back to the States and work.

Lead by example. There's lots of places where you can get away with all of what you described without getting fired, you just have to stand up for yourself.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

I was at the self-checkout line at the grocery store and the woman next to me flagged down a cashier because she'd scanned one of her items and the machine listed the price as $0 and, in her words, she'd "feel pretty bad about it" if she didn't pay anything. I wanted to lean over and tell her that the grocery store is owned by Cerberus Capital Management and their bottom line wasn't going to be ruined by her getting a free bag of chips, but I didn't because I'm a coward.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Shame Boy posted:

same hat!!!!! i had to quit my meds cold turkey and i won't get any for another 3 weeks because i couldn't schedule an appointment in time!!! it's miserable!!!!

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1089261858694025218

Morbus
May 18, 2004

How is it that Sea Shepherd sunk like half the Spanish whaling fleet 30+ years ago but no one ever fucks with these things?

Akilles
Dec 29, 2008
I'm certain it will nearly never leave port

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Any superyacht which doesn't look like this is a waste of time:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

seems kinda stupid putting a swimming pool on a boat when you think about it

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Screaming Idiot posted:

That skull is loving awesome. He's saving people.

The Skull is progress itself

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Accretionist posted:

The Skull is progress itself

God bless you, Shaun.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

T-man posted:

seems kinda stupid putting a swimming pool on a boat when you think about it

5 swimming pools :eng101:

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Yes except the guy under the tree should be dark skinned, should have to build the house himself, and then should pay to sit in the sunny side while the capitalist sits in the shade.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Morbus posted:

How is it that Sea Shepherd sunk like half the Spanish whaling fleet 30+ years ago but no one ever fucks with these things?

They probably have the kind of directed energy weapons that only the lizard people are allowed to know about.

Akilles posted:

I'm certain it will nearly never leave port

Also this, the yachts aren't for using they're for owning and explicitly not using because that shows your rich buddies that you have so much wealth that you can buy your own loving luxury aircraft carrier and not give a poo poo

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Antioch posted:

I modified the door access code on an old network closet so that I am the only one with access. I have a pillow and a blanket in there, and I try to sneak off for a 15-20 minute nap around 10 and again at 2.

It makes my whole day immediately and immeasurably better.

Years and years ago I worked at a Walmart, doing the day shift in the grocery, walking up and down isles straightening things, helping customers, etc. They had me scheduled odd though, basically every day shift person left at 9 at the latest, however I was scheduled to 10. At 9 all the night crew would come, bringing all the pallets out, restocking, filling the isles leaving me without anything to really do, and every manager left at 9 to, so whoever was there for night crew, or if there was a night manager, never met me, or knew who I was. So at 9, I would just go into the break room, into the old smoking room off to the side (used to have a smoking section but with smoking banned it just had couches in it) and I would just lay on a couch and sleep for the last hour of every single shift.

I also during the day would duck behind all the pallets of water and stuff, inside the shelving of that isle where no one could see me and just chill out there. Sometimes steal a snack off the shelf, have a little, then pretend it was opened/damaged and leave the rest back in the loss area when I was done. The great part was basically no one ever needed to find you, and if they did its a huge store and you could conceivably be anywhere in front or in the back warehouse, so it was really easy to just disappear without anyone noticing/caring.

Man what a dumb job, I also stole other poo poo like some games and stuff in the store in ways that wouldn't be seen or noticed, away from cameras and just looking like I'm doing my job.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Tom Guycot posted:

Man what a dumb job, I also stole other poo poo like some games and stuff in the store in ways that wouldn't be seen or noticed, away from cameras and just looking like I'm doing my job.

I miss stealing stuff from my job. My current job has nothing good to take, I haven't stolen anything good in like 5 years now. When I worked retail I got so much free stuff. Of course the pay is better outside of retail but no free stuff.

Sometimes I think back on all the stuff I ever stole from different jobs and I realize that I never felt bad about any of it, I still don't.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I'm the parking lot on a goddamn boat

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Local Weather posted:

I miss stealing stuff from my job. My current job has nothing good to take, I haven't stolen anything good in like 5 years now. When I worked retail I got so much free stuff. Of course the pay is better outside of retail but no free stuff.

Sometimes I think back on all the stuff I ever stole from different jobs and I realize that I never felt bad about any of it, I still don't.

I have a laser printer at home, mostly for printing toner-transfer PCB's but also sometimes for printing documents, and I have never had to buy a single ream of paper for it thanks to the generous donations of my employer :patriot:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Megillah Gorilla posted:

i'm the dumbass chopper blocking my tennis court :argh:

also the warehouse of tennis balls under the court to supply the fenceless tennis court.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

If you're going to make a yacht that long and square why not just install a runway on the side so you can land your private aircraft-carrier-capable jet instead of having to take a slow helicopter

The Dipshit
Dec 21, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Shame Boy posted:

If you're going to make a yacht that long and square why not just install a runway on the side so you can land your private aircraft-carrier-capable jet instead of having to take a slow helicopter

Too small. Airplanes need a LOT of space, even with chains.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
I really don't understand the parking lot on deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
how are you gonna get from the castle to the mansion then? walk??

e: wait poo poo, there's a mini race track on there lmfao