Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

ShaneB posted:

We didn't go card by card, it was really just something fun to talk about in the wind down part, and give us a little platform to talk about "brews" and what defines a "real deck" etc.

One of you talked about beating up on Mill as BG Rock and yeah BG and Jund are pretty bad matchups, it was actually why I took a little break from the deck early last year. I do however have a winning record against UR Phoenix because you have so many extraction effects and they are relatively light on threatening creatures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

The Shortest Path posted:

Does Chromatic Black still work or has the new Allegiance meta pushed it out of any sort of viability? Is there an updated list?

Just run gates IMO. It's the same kind of a deck with better support and still allows you to 4-5 color jank it up.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ShaneB posted:

This is great for me to hear and share with the other guys. Thanks.

The only little thing I'd like to see is maybe a way to post deck lists for the decks you are talking about. I get that most of the players who really know the decks know what you are talking about, but I just like seeing all the enabling cards that you aren't discussing directly, because that's something that I am trying to struggle with understanding at the moment. I get not discussing them, but seeing what they are often is enough.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

C-Euro posted:

One of you talked about beating up on Mill as BG Rock and yeah BG and Jund are pretty bad matchups, it was actually why I took a little break from the deck early last year. I do however have a winning record against UR Phoenix because you have so many extraction effects and they are relatively light on threatening creatures.

Man you still can't tell who we are, some fan you are.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

sit on my Facebook posted:

Bloodghast comes back
and he's here to attack
that's a-lore-aaaay

Too much hate for your yard?
Hollow One's still a card,
That's a-lore-aaay

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

C-Euro posted:

Are you using sqlut’s sideboard game plan of siding out the permanents for more removal and extraction against gb/x and trying to remove all their wincons? People may have adjusted since he popularized it but it seemed pretty effective when he was testing for the GP.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
Guys, the tigtone playmat is amazing. I am 100% serious. They routinely show up for 10 bucks shipped off ebay and I totally recommend you buy.

This is a piece of history.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Are you using sqlut’s sideboard game plan of siding out the permanents for more removal and extraction against gb/x and trying to remove all their wincons? People may have adjusted since he popularized it but it seemed pretty effective when he was testing for the GP.

I do have his guide saved, I haven't had the chance to try it against BGx yet but I can see the merit. That deck is another one that doesn't have an overwhelming number of threats and I can see a game getting a lot more competitive if you extract their Goyfs and Lilis, for example.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Feb 1, 2019

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Marketing New Brain posted:

Too much hate for your yard?
Hollow One's still a card,
That's a-lore-aaay

If discarding cards is your wish
to have fuel for your fish
that's a-lore-aaay

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Hellsau posted:

If discarding cards is your wish
to have fuel for your fish
that's a-lore-aaay

You cast faithless looting
To give cards da booting
That's a-lore-aaay

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

C-Euro posted:

Of those two, definitely Sulfurous because you can use it for colored mana on turn 1. Blood Crypt is better than both though if you're not already running it.

This is a fine reason for sulfurous but its main edge is the ice age art.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Sickening posted:

Guys, the tigtone playmat is amazing. I am 100% serious. They routinely show up for 10 bucks shipped off ebay and I totally recommend you buy.

No.

kalvanoo
Apr 29, 2018

look at this lil perv

Pontius Pilate posted:

This is a fine reason for sulfurous but its main edge is the ice age art.
what do u mean

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Is there documentation on stops in arena? My buddy is having issues with autopassing priority and I can't tell whether he or I are going crazy.

Scenario:

1) My beginning of combat phase, opponent activates dawn of hope to create a blocker. I have an instant kill spell and mana up.
2) I click resolve, token is created
3) I have to click once more to advance and it clearly tells me 'to blockers'
4) We're in blockers and opponent arranges block.

That's how it works for me (from memory), but my buddy insists there's no step 3. As soon as the ability resolves they're in blockers. If he sets the stop manually on the bottom right, it resets every turn. I think he could mess with ctrl to not autopass too but that's even less documented. Press once? Shift press?

Ideally you wouldn't stop in your own BoC except in situations where something used the stack and I thought that's how it worked but now I think on it more I have to pass priority on my own BoC every time anyway? I'm not at home so I can't go check and I've just confused myself the more I think about it.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Sickening posted:

if you paid me $10 I still wouldn’t use it

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Hauki posted:

if you paid me $10 I still wouldn’t use it

It's a really nice playmat, though. The material is stretchy and doesn't catch card sleeve edges while being super thin and tough since the edges are reinforced.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

There was a guy at day 2 of the GP with a cape made out of the playmats, that was cool

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

It's a really nice playmat, though. The material is stretchy and doesn't catch card sleeve edges while being super thin and tough since the edges are reinforced.

Bingo.

Also, this thing is just a thing to behold in person that pictures do really do justice. RIP all that disagree.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
Also it seems to tilt people ITT so that's a plus in my book.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

moush posted:

Also it seems to tilt people ITT so that's a plus in my book.

I am playing bogles on it tonight.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Sickening posted:

I am playing bogles on it tonight.

I secretly want a playset of GP bolts just to have Tigtone drawn on them.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
Cardkingdom draft is full and they're offering the new best of one quickdraft. Joined under duress and will report back how bad it is in practice.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well it looks like she has withdrawn, although she maintains that it's a smear by cyber-bullies and that she was taken out of context
https://twitter.com/MaferMTG/status/1091385905963782144

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
It's been my experience that racist comments often benefit from not being in context.

Marketing New Brain
Apr 26, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well it looks like she has withdrawn, although she maintains that it's a smear by cyber-bullies and that she was taken out of context
https://twitter.com/MaferMTG/status/1091385905963782144

The comments were all taken out of context! Don’t you see, it’s a smear by the Jew run media!

Also Mexican cyber bullies, hahaha. Help I’m being terrorized by MS-DOS 13

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Cardkingdom draft is full and they're offering the new best of one quickdraft. Joined under duress and will report back how bad it is in practice.

Come find me at the bar, I'm wearing a grey shirt with a badly drawn ghost

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
oh, the very same

https://twitter.com/MaferMTG/status/1091451498477903873

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

ahahahahahahahahahahahaha that's good

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Cactrot posted:

Come find me at the bar, I'm wearing a grey shirt with a badly drawn ghost

It's me, the badly drawn ghost

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
3-0, raredrafted Hallowed Fountain, Breeding Pool, opened Hydroid Krasis in prize pack, traded Krasis for 20 credit. I like Gruul, seems good in limited. Tried to trade Krasis to players first, no one wanted it. I'll take a free draft and two sodas for it before it drops. :shrug: All in all, a good night.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

This is really good.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
2-1 at Modern FNM tonight with Mill. Beat UW Control in 3 , lost to Ad Nauseam in 3 (opponent mulled into double Leyline for both post-board games), then beat Bant Coralhelm in 3 thanks to the Torpor Orb I had just put in my sideboard shutting down Knight of Autumn and Spell Queller. Deck still feels really good to play but I still need practice, and definitely need a better way of tracking library size, or to start tracking graveyard contents so I don't have to ask to see it every turn. If you want to play Mill, definitely play it on MTGO!

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

No but I did use this general concept against UW Control tonight to Extirpate away all of his countermagic for a game 3 that I eventually won. I should probably make room for a third Extirpate in my sideboard...

E: I'm 5-1 with it in my last two FNM appearances, and if you count the FNM before that when I was on Spirits I'm 7-1-1 over three nights, probably the best streak I've had in my life :feelsgood: Seeing that Bant Coralhelm deck did make me want to bring back Spirits or GW/Bant Company though, wish I was more motivated to go to FNM every week instead of on the nights when it's walkable from my place.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 2, 2019

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo

C-Euro posted:

2-1 at Modern FNM tonight with Mill.
:hellyeah:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:vince:

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Google tells me it's a South Park. I wanted to believe. :(

Also shows how far away from the target audience of South Park goons are these days that someone had to Google it to get a reference.

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
2-1 with Drakes tonight at FNM. Deck is still super fun. I got destroyed by an aggro Gruul deck though.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Verdict: absolute garbage

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Verdict: absolute garbage

How did they run out of room for regular draft but still have room for best of 1?

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

The comments were all taken out of context! Don’t you see, it’s a smear by the Jew run media!

haha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Whoever thought printing Wilderness Reclamation was a good idea should be fired.