Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

McTinkerson posted:

Since the Dodge Challengers are now built in Ontario, Canada you really need a union jack on the roof and name it the Major General Ross and take it on a road trip down to DC. Ideally with a license plate of "1812".

Instead of hollering yeehaw as they take a massive jump, it's a big long "sorrrrrrrrryyyy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

xzzy posted:

Instead of hollering yeehaw as they take a massive jump, it's a big long "sorrrrrrrrryyyy"

Studded snow tires scrabbling on the tarmac the entire time.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008

As Nero Danced posted:

I still want a car with a US flag on the roof and flamethrower exhausts. Name it the General Sherman.

e: VVVV Yep, the General Grant. Just not total warfare-y enough

My old man had a '73 Olds 98 he called "Sherman", would love to find one of those again and do it up like you suggest.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

xzzy posted:

Pronounced "s-oh-ree"

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

IOwnCalculus posted:

Pronounced "s-oh-ree"

But can you get horns that play 'O Canada'?

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

McTinkerson posted:

Since the Dodge Challengers are now built in Ontario, Canada you really need a union jack on the roof and name it the Major General Ross and take it on a road trip down to DC. Ideally with a license plate of "1812".

I agree, but for extra Canada, it should be a Bricklin.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Applebees Appetizer posted:

There is a glaring loving omission in that commercial :colbert:

Agreed, but Walmart's probably trying to stay away from the rebel flag a bit...

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

+1. Here are a few more.

All good choices. Bandit and the A-team van at the very least.

Puddin posted:

I just got to the end of the Frankenferrari thread and that mad oval office has not only ground his own cams with some rediculous lobe profile, but he's now designing his own wheels in cad to suit.

It's like binky on every single drug you can imagine and its awesome.

I know, right?
I mean, if I could, I probably would, too. I'd like my retirement to go something like that. Just fabricate until I keel over.

Braincloud
Sep 28, 2004

I forgot...how BIG...
New episode of Project Binky is out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUeytYlxW7c

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

But can you get horns that play 'O Canada'?
Play the first couple of measures of Hockey Night In Canada.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

What is the "Moog's(?) orange front wheel drive Evo" that he references at 24:25, when he's installing the headunit bracket?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MetaJew posted:

What is the "Moog's(?) orange front wheel drive Evo" that he references at 24:25, when he's installing the headunit bracket?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwygL7-K9Bc&t=6s

The loud thing is moog, the orange thing is a lancer with an evo 3 swap minus the AWD

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Rhyno posted:

The best part of the 2005 Dukes movie was how much poo poo they got after the car got branded with that huge piece of toilet paper.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Us7v8vQpmZg

:yeah:

also the wide circle drift and genuinely huge launch onto the highway were legit uses of their movie budget :allears:

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Powershift posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TwygL7-K9Bc&t=6s

The loud thing is moog, the orange thing is a lancer with an evo 3 swap minus the AWD

This!

Also the phrase "sweet honey barbeque" is a reference to Cleetus McFarland's channel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yt1FTewo_dQ

They dropped some great little YouTube car channel references in that episode.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Applebees Appetizer posted:

There is a glaring loving omission in that commercial :colbert:

I collect 1:18 die-cast cars and mainly collect TV & movie cars. I bought a General Lee and when I opened it, it appeared to be missing the flag on the roof. The manufacturer had put a removeable orange panel on the top to cover it up.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

New Mad Max prequel lookin' good!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

McTinkerson posted:

You'd have to go through Europe first though (they were regulars fresh from fighting Napoleon, not Canadians).

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Godholio posted:

You'd have to go through Europe first though (they were regulars fresh from fighting Napoleon, not Canadians).

True, so TVR Sagaris or Chimera. (Since Jag F-Types are Indian now.)

HandlingByJebus
Jun 21, 2009

All of a sudden, I found myself in love with the world, so there was only one thing I could do:
was ding a ding dang, my dang a long racecar.

It's a love affair. Mainly jebus, and my racecar.

Godholio posted:

McTinkerson posted:

True, so TVR Sagaris or Chimera. (Since Jag F-Types are Indian now.)

Sez you. :colbert: :canada:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

Mister Kingdom posted:

I collect 1:18 die-cast cars and mainly collect TV & movie cars. I bought a General Lee and when I opened it, it appeared to be missing the flag on the roof. The manufacturer had put a removeable orange panel on the top to cover it up.

I collect these as well. You probably already got one but the rest of AI might be excited to know, there's a 1/18 scale Mad Max Falcon XB. The hood on this one doesn't lift unfortunately, but there's a $175 one that does. They also make a bunch of different scales for this now.

No luck on a gigahorse or war rig, but I've wanted one of these cars since I was a kid and this is as close as I'll probably ever get.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.

Godholio posted:

Name it General Brock instead, drive it to Detroit.

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

As Nero Danced posted:

I collect these as well. You probably already got one but the rest of AI might be excited to know, there's a 1/18 scale Mad Max Falcon XB. The hood on this one doesn't lift unfortunately, but there's a $175 one that does. They also make a bunch of different scales for this now.

No luck on a gigahorse or war rig, but I've wanted one of these cars since I was a kid and this is as close as I'll probably ever get.

You could go full custom Gundam on it and buy a Tatra T815, Chevy fleetmaster, a couple of vw bugs and tanker trailers. The movie war rig was built cobbling together odds and ends so it would be just as authentic to Frankenstein your own. Significantly more interesting as well.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

As Nero Danced posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfwvhXN_08A

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
I'm also thinking of using this model (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:208988), putting a roof on it and doubling it to make base for a gigahorse. The engine bay will be interesting but I'll worry about it when I get there.

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

As Nero Danced posted:

I'm also thinking of using this model (https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:208988), putting a roof on it and doubling it to make base for a gigahorse. The engine bay will be interesting but I'll worry about it when I get there.

Here's a scratch built gigathing in 1/64. The photo stream shows some of the models he used to get there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24982314@N08/sets/72157652969435254

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Collateral Damage posted:

Play the first couple of measures of Hockey Night In Canada.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

Here's a scratch built gigathing in 1/64. The photo stream shows some of the models he used to get there.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/24982314@N08/sets/72157652969435254

Where, uh, are the bottom halves of the engines? Are they just superchargers with nothing underneath? :confused:

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The engine sat real high in the movie too, but the real vehicle was thicker vertically than this recreation. So it's just a limitation of his source models I guess.

TwoogBuk LLC
Jan 4, 2019

Raluek posted:

Where, uh, are the bottom halves of the engines? Are they just superchargers with nothing underneath? :confused:

I didn't build it. My major beef with it is the lack of dual wheels on the rear. I have seen a better one somewhere out there that had them.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

As Nero Danced posted:

I got two 1/64 and a 1/24. Haven’t grabbed the 1/18 yet. I was thrilled to death when those came out, because the Auto Art ones, while gorgeous, are out of my budget for now. I opened one of the 1/64 and detailed it a bit (painted the blower belt and blower hat inlet, and exhaust outlets). My only real complaint with the car is that the 1/64 has the same tires front and rear, which means that they’re too skinny in the rear. The 1/24 doesn’t have that issue.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

TwoogBuk LLC posted:

I didn't build it. My major beef with it is the lack of dual wheels on the rear. I have seen a better one somewhere out there that had them.

It does have dual wheels?:
gigahorse5 by newsovietsciencefiction, on Flickr

dphi
Jul 9, 2001

Puddin posted:

I just got to the end of the Frankenferrari thread and that mad oval office has not only ground his own cams with some rediculous lobe profile, but he's now designing his own wheels in cad to suit.

It's like binky on every single drug you can imagine and its awesome.

I can't believe somebody suggested he should check out Rotiform :rolleyes:

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

dphi posted:

I can't believe somebody suggested he should check out Rotiform :rolleyes:

Scene fuckbois and their Rotiforms.

The only manufactured wheel I could see this guy going for is the HRE 505.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Hell yes. :fap:

For those not wanting to watch the video, this is a modified F40 LM and the LM weighed 1.1 tonnes and had 720bhp. This thing has an extra 40bhp, no roof and pushrod suspension at the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ohdQeBbvSk

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 5, 2019

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

It looks like the end result of a drunken night between a F40 and a 333SP. I love it.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That looks like a shitload of fun

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Needs more NACA ducts!

Kinda looks a little like the missing link between the F40 and the F50, at least with the rear.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Olympic Mathlete posted:

Hell yes. :fap:

For those not wanting to watch the video, this is a modified F40 LM and the LM weighed 1.1 tonnes and had 720bhp. This thing has an extra 40bhp, no roof and pushrod suspension at the front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ohdQeBbvSk

Dang. That's one hell of good looker

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
I am not generally a fan of cars with the windshield hacked off but gatdamn :eyepop:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Mazda is expected to show something new in Geneva.

It's gonna be the RX-7 CUV isn't it lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

mobby_6kl posted:

Mazda is expected to show something new in Geneva.

It's gonna be the RX-7 CUV isn't it lol.

MX-5 CUV obviously