Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
As long as they handle the 24-man in a decent way like they did with Crystal Tower and Ivalice I'm cautiously optimistic because including Nier means maybe they'll sneak in some Drakengard. Getting nervous about Viera being locked to female only though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

The Shame Boy posted:

Man not even the WHT NPC wants to be a WHT anymore. Yoshi please give the og healer something?!

You picked WHM, the room temperature plain oatmeal of FF classes. You get the adequacy you deserve.

Verranicus posted:

As long as they handle the 24-man in a decent way like they did with Crystal Tower and Ivalice I'm cautiously optimistic because including Nier means maybe they'll sneak in some Drakengard. Getting nervous about Viera being locked to female only though.

They said there are males they just didn't want to show them off for some reason.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The expansion is still a few months out, they're probably just not done with the model work and animations and such yet.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

You picked WHM, the room temperature plain oatmeal of FF classes. You get the adequacy you deserve.

WHM gets Krile, the Good NPC.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

The Shame Boy posted:

Man not even the WHT NPC wants to be a WHT anymore. Yoshi please give the og healer something?!

Shadowbringer WHM job update: Added a 4th Lilly. All else remains unchanged.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

What is a Yoko Taro? Is he an anime?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

MechaX posted:

It will be Nier until it decides to do a hard swerve into Drakengard

Complete with Giant Man-Eating Babies and 24 man-wide rhythm game final boss

If a single person in the raid fucks up even one beat of the 10 minute long rhythm game it's a wipe. Instead of a minion the last fight drops Tokyo Tower as a glam-able hat.

I'm down for Nier / Drakengaard outfits but what I really want is a Pod as a mount so I can desperately cling to it for dear life as it flies around. And a ton of music rolls.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Drakengard 1 music as the new raid soundtracks. Need more people exposed to that discordant masterpiece.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Thundarr posted:

I'm down for Nier / Drakengaard outfits but what I really want is a Pod as a mount so I can desperately cling to it for dear life as it flies around. And a ton of music rolls.

Vermain posted:

If it means I get any of the Drakengard 3 outfits, I'm in.

Personally, all I want is an Angelus mount. I'd even be okay with a minion too.

I'll settle for Mikhail too.

Legna... nah, gently caress that dude.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Jose Valasquez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhDL3Q86ofY&t=19s

Thundarr posted:

Someone on Reddit suggested giving SCH Grimoire Weiss/Noir glamours for their faeries and I've never wanted anything so badly in my life.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i still really want to know what becoming the Warrior of Darkness actually means in terms of what we do. i get that Darkness =! Being Evil, but all the examples we've seen of doing things that repped the darkness are pretty unquestionably bad as far as I can remember. are we just going to put on our Zodiark faction tabard and earn Darkness Rep doing the exact same activities we'd have done as a WoL (fighting primals/garleans)?

i heard a theory that the Eorzean Alliance might do something stupid and summon the Twelve, and fighting some/all of them would be a way to have us fight Light-aspected things without having us assassinate Nanamo for chaos' sake or w/e.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Man, I can't wait to see all the Nier themed gear we'll be getting.

I also can't wait for this raid to find a way to break my heart by making me kill Pascal or something.

Ryanbomber
Sep 27, 2004

The Shame Boy posted:

Mango Polo posted:

Shadowbringer WHM job update: Added a 4th Lilly. All else remains unchanged.

I mean I'll take Thin Air and Benison off your hands if you don't want it

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If they're bring in Yoko Taro, they better also be bringing in Keiichi Okabe as a guest composer with him.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Zerilan posted:

If they're bring in Yoko Taro, they better also be bringing in Keiichi Okabe as a guest composer with him.

One of the new zones had a really Nier-y track. That's a start!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Mango Polo posted:

One of the new zones had a really Nier-y track. That's a start!

I hope some fake language lyrics chime in after talking to the main story npcs there.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

BrightWing posted:

Double Edit: I forgot the REAL best track of HW, dont @ me https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gePFGKWgqRE

:hai:

Thundarr posted:

If a single person in the raid fucks up even one beat of the 10 minute long rhythm game it's a wipe. Instead of a minion the last fight drops Tokyo Tower as a glam-able hat.

https://twitter.com/lili_mdoki/status/1091636143639093248

As much as I was lukewarm on SHB with the NA reveal trailer and how much I'm not a fan of crossover stuff being super-canon (crystal tower = okay because it's actually allagans, you see, ivalice and the zodiac brave story being literal things that literally happened = no thanks), I'm super hyped for nier raidomata. It must be that Yoko Taro magic.

OtherworldlyInvader
Feb 10, 2005

The X-COM project did not deliver the universe's ultimate cup of coffee. You have failed to save the Earth.

My new dark knight glam makes me feel very powerful.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Jose Valasquez posted:

Like, video game auteur, with the actual writing skills to back them up.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rhonne posted:

Man, I can't wait to see all the Nier themed gear we'll be getting.

I also can't wait for this raid to find a way to break my heart by making me kill Pascal or something.

The only way the raid'll break my heart is if 2B's dress is like, loving, DEX/STR-specific and that healers get to wear a gigantic cartoon barrel painted white instead.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Vermain posted:

The only way the raid'll break my heart is if 2B's dress is like, loving, DEX/STR-specific and that healers get to wear a gigantic cartoon barrel painted white instead.

don't you loving jinx it

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Vermain posted:

I'm sorry for your loss.

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!

Vermain posted:

Healers are gonna get Young Brother Nier’s outfit.

Please look forward to it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kainé geared Roegadyns. (Both sexes)

:bisonyes:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Kainé geared Roegadyns. (Both sexes)

:bisonyes:

They weren't brave enough to give us Ashley's assless jorts as an Ivalice glam so I wouldn't hold out hope for Kaine's outfit.

All the glams will be giant Emil heads. Just your entire outfit replaced with a you-sized Emil head.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Emil car mount and it plays his song (both versions based on your voice over language)

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
the song they used for the The Rak'tika Greatwood is out of control

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Honestly not impressed by Viera. Best part of the video was them using FF12 music for it.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
By the by, if you didn't watch the dev panel featuring artist Ayumi Namae, they basically started the segment talking to her about some of her past Final Fantasy designs, like Penelo's dancer outfit from Revenant Wings and the Dancer artifact gear in XI.

As one does for innocuous discussion, you know.

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Hands up for everyone who wants "This Cannot Continue" to be the raid boss BGM.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
YoshiP could we get a Gold Saucer annex that's the amusement park from Automata

Thank you

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Cabbit posted:

Well, the dude is Sharlayan and Astrologian is a Sharlayan job, so I guess there's that.

Yeah, that's fair. My argument for Scholar mostly came from Urianger's current penchant for wielding books as an Arcanist. Then again, Thancred is a Gunbreaker and Matoy'shtola is a Black Mage, so the rules are out the window anyway.

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

Male Viera just announced as being like male Anglerfish in that they're super deformed and obviously we can't make them playable sorry guys!

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

poo poo make it the regular raid background music while being assaulted by literally endless waves of robots as you push towards the boss.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Emil's giant floating spinning head as a mount please.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

First Yoko Taro writes for 5.0
Then he writes FF16

Then he runs Square-Enix
Then he disbands S-E because he feels like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Josuke Higashikata posted:

First Yoko Taro writes for 5.0
Then he writes FF16

Then he runs Square-Enix
Then he disbands S-E because he feels like it.

Atleast it would all end on a high note.