Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

metal slug 3 and God help me I'm going to try and learn that game

you need help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

isn't metal slug 3 is like an hour long. like its a slog just to credit feed thru

yep. but its epic

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

mycophobia posted:

yep. but its epic

its cool but its too long

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
the 20 minute shmup section was kinda cool the first time but it makes replays drag along even more

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
it was the original team's last Metal Slug game so they had to put everything in it and also make it so it would take months to clear properly in an arcade (i.e. without the benefit of savestate practice).

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You should play them on the Wii with waggle controls instead.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

mycophobia posted:

it was the original team's last Metal Slug game so they had to put everything in it and also make it so it would take months to clear properly in an arcade (i.e. without the benefit of savestate practice).

i think i read about that on hardcore gaming when i was 14 or something. its a cool game absolutely, stunningly detailed and full of ideas but good lord, is it a credit hog

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
btw i always wanted to know how the hell youre supposed to not get completely decimated in the underground japanese army section. I remember having a very hard time and not really seeing what I was supposed to do to not die

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

ArfJason posted:

btw i always wanted to know how the hell youre supposed to not get completely decimated in the underground japanese army section. I remember having a very hard time and not really seeing what I was supposed to do to not die

the answer to that and to how to handle anything past stage 2 is "memorization"

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

if you think the first 3 metal slugs are credit hogs play 4 and X

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

if you think the first 3 metal slugs are credit hogs play 4 and X

X is patched/upgraded Metal Slug 2

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

yeah but its different too

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

3's way more of a hog than X imo. Can't imagine 1ccing 3 but I have 1cc'd X co-op

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
it might be because i had X on psx and played it almost nonstop but it wasnt nearly as hosed up as 3, but I hear 2 is actually balanced and pretty good but has that stupid rear end bug that lags exponentially or whatever. There's a fan fix for that isn't it? I always wanted to try regular 2, especially if its less stupid with its enemy placements

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

i just like them because the artwork is incredible

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

it might be because i had X on psx and played it almost nonstop but it wasnt nearly as hosed up as 3, but I hear 2 is actually balanced and pretty good but has that stupid rear end bug that lags exponentially or whatever. There's a fan fix for that isn't it? I always wanted to try regular 2, especially if its less stupid with its enemy placements

yea theres a lag reduction 2 hack

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

I suck rear end at them but this is what always got my quarters.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

HORMELCHILI posted:

have you heard of cuphead?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Finally cleared wheelchair Claire route B SS+. 2:48... a bit shabby on the time but it could improve. Now working on 105% Red Dead Redemption 2 how the Breast was won DLC on Leone difficulty.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Wormskull posted:

Finally cleared wheelchair Claire route B SS+. 2:48... a bit shabby on the time but it could improve. Now working on 105% Red Dead Redemption 2 how the Breast was won DLC on Leone difficulty.

what

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Sorry, was updating wormbot and looks like it glitched out. Should be fixed shortly

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

being able to play them on a real machine w the big crt is so awesome

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Wormskull posted:

Rdr2 would be a good game if 8t was based on the ridiculous 6

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

Rdr2 would be a good game if 8t was based on the ridiculous 6

Lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

A Million ways To die in the west vs the Christopher guest Davy Crockett movie epic rap battles of history.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
8t

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
How The Weat Was Fun starring Mary Kate and Ashley Olson

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Wormskull posted:

Just completed "1 and a half foot shorter" mode Leon no grenade launcher SS+ rank at 2:12. Moving on to wheelchair claire hardcore later tonight.

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
i do that kind of stuff though. when you find a good game, you should hang on to it, cos its precious.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

They should make the Saints Row of red dead redemption tbh

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

1. DQXI
1a. DQXI post game
2. Devil May Cry 2 (Dante and Lucia discs)
3. Full Metal Furies (4p Co-Op)
4. RE2 Claire A/Leon B

Excellent game. Can't wait for the DLC. I'm probably going to hold off on playing through Claire B for a while then try to get the Hardcore S rank.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

2. Marvel’s Spider-Man
-c,d,e: City That Never Sleeps

Pretty good DLC. Now the only thing i have to do is finish New Game + on Ultimate difficulty, but I will do that like at the end of the year or something, I want to play something else.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

codenameFANGIO posted:

2. Marvel’s Spider-Man

Pretty good DLC. Now the only thing i have to do is finish New Game + on Ultimate difficulty, but I will do that like at the end of the year or something, I want to play something else.

What the hell... My alt account?!

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

codenameFANGIO posted:

2. Marvel’s Spider-Man

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies

First in my bedtime gaming replays of the AA games I've only played once.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Lol

Mamkute
Sep 2, 2018
3) Kingdom Hearts 3 (Standard).

Sex Tragedy
Jan 28, 2007

father of three with an extra large butt
Adding REmake 2 - Claire

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Baxate posted:

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (Vita)

Hope you plan on playing the next one, I liked the first two ok but v3 is incredible . One of my favorite games