Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I don't play AST but is there a reason WHM regen abilities stack with each other but not AST regen abilities?

edit: the more I read about high-level raid mechanics in this the more it seems like the game designers straight-up don't talk to each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't play AST but is there a reason WHM regen abilities stack with each other but not AST regen abilities?

edit: the more I read about high-level raid mechanics in this the more it seems like the game designers straight-up don't talk to each other
it's to enforce ASTs to use different stances; ASTs can either be in Diurnal Sect (adds regen) or Nocturnal Sect (adds shields). So if you have an AST in your raid group they should be on the stance opposite of what your other healer uses.

WHMs don't have that ability, so they don't want to make having two WHMs be a detriment to your party.

FZeroRacer fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Feb 3, 2019

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

FactsAreUseless posted:

In Orbonne alone, there are two seperate Doom mechanics, one that you cleanse, and another that must be full-healed.

It's amazing how the ilvls have totally blown Zurvan out to skipping his mechanics, but Sephirot is still a pug killer thanks to that mechanic after towers where you get tethered as an orange and to run away while blue has to stack at the chin.

Jose Valasquez posted:

The Ivalice plot feels like shoehorned in FFT fanfiction. It doesn't feel built into the setting at all like Doma or any other FF reference. It manages to feel less authentically part of the story than Omega which is just "Here are bosses from other games"

Agreed to both, the bosses could've been from anything, but I feel the actual relating-to-Omega-itself was done well.

Rastan Beeza fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 3, 2019

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Ohtsam posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression the Princess Fran referred to was the ruler of the viera?

From the lore the Dramaturge vomits on you, Viera living outside the forest are pretty much on their own so that's unlikely.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

At least they have the cleanse indicator now so you know immediately which kind of doom it is instead of forgetting and then having to try both in a panic

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Ohtsam posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I was under the impression the Princess Fran referred to was the ruler of the viera?

I mean it's vague enough to be possible but I thought it was pretty heavily hinted that it's Ashe due how her group is in Dalmasca, is explicitly a Dalmascan resistance group, and the whole mirroring FF12's official proclamation that Ashe is dead but she is actually alive.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Argas posted:

I mean it's vague enough to be possible but I thought it was pretty heavily hinted that it's Ashe due how her group is in Dalmasca, is explicitly a Dalmascan resistance group, and the whole mirroring FF12's official proclamation that Ashe is dead but she is actually alive.
It's Yuna

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Argas posted:

The fly in that ointment remains that in XIV, Ashe and Rasler are twins who were killed in the Garlean invasion of Dalmasca 30 years ago, and that even if she did not die, without some kind of shenanigans she'd be in her late 40s-50s, at least, and for his part, Jenomis speculates that whomever Fran's leader may be, she's probably young and inexperienced. Which wouldn't suggest a middle-aged woman who's been in hiding for decades, anyhow, but might suggest offspring.

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

FZeroRacer posted:

Can't believe that Caim is gonna manage to gently caress up even more worlds lol

XIV universe is lucky that the white chlorination syndrome is gone as of the Automata timeline

white chlorination syndrome was the result of maso (magic) energy being released from the fantasy drakengard world into the normal-earth Nier world, right?

prediction: the Nier raid will end with the warrior of light having to banish an overwhelmingly powerful primal from Eorzia, sending it through a portal into someone else's dimension, oozing a bunch of Eorzia's Aether into a world that normally doesn't have any. The introduction of foreign aether will lead to a new unstoppable disease, like "black salinization syndrome" or something, and the warrior of light will be responsible for the mass extinction of an entire planet. Then, after about 5 years, this single guest-designed raid storyline will serve as the setting for Yoko Taro's next video game.

:yokotaro:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Cabbit posted:

Bold idea: maybe "the princess" had a daughter.

Yeah, if it's not specifically Ashe, this is the next guess on the list.

Ohtsam posted:

According to the second lore book, Viera only make up 5% of the total population of Dalmasca. This doesn't rule your idea out of the question, but I think it's still unlikely because, like in XII, Viera who decide to leave Golmore Jungle are shunned from ever returning to their main host. This would make the Resistance Leader a high ranking Viera in Dalmasca, which, again, isn't unheard of- just highly unlikely given circumstances. Not trying to beat a dead horse, but I just think that the population note is fairly significant.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Hogama posted:

The fly in that ointment remains that in XIV, Ashe and Rasler are twins who were killed in the Garlean invasion of Dalmasca 30 years ago, and that even if she did not die, without some kind of shenanigans she'd be in her late 40s-50s, at least, and for his part, Jenomis speculates that whomever Fran's leader may be, she's probably young and inexperienced. Which wouldn't suggest a middle-aged woman who's been in hiding for decades, anyhow, but might suggest offspring.

Ah. I was fairly certain I read something along those lines but completely forgot about it and the specifics by now.

It's kind of ingenious to use Fran the way they did. Any of the other FF12 characters, like Balthier, would've been visibly older if they wanted to keep with the timeline of things. But Fran and Viera, assuming they stay with some established facts, age very gracefully and you wouldn't realize it. Kind of puts it in a new light if you consider Matsuno's comment on Balthier. Truthful or hiding that an older FF12 crew may feature/cameo in ShB?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Some new glamours:

edit: I always wind up with short haircuts because the long ones clip so hard

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
I’m going through hw content right now and just helped one of matoyas frogs. Kind of a sad quest line

Sure hope if anything happens with matoya they reference that frog and what he promised to do.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

These two close friends in the first Valentione's quest sure are close friends, and absolutely nothing else.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nice to see that Ishgard will be involved with this DoH/DoL stuff. I like how FFXIV does this stuff that keeps you grounded in the idea that the entire world stays at least somewhat relevant.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Cephas posted:

white chlorination syndrome was the result of maso (magic) energy being released from the fantasy drakengard world into the normal-earth Nier world, right?

prediction: the Nier raid will end with the warrior of light having to banish an overwhelmingly powerful primal from Eorzia, sending it through a portal into someone else's dimension, oozing a bunch of Eorzia's Aether into a world that normally doesn't have any. The introduction of foreign aether will lead to a new unstoppable disease, like "black salinization syndrome" or something, and the warrior of light will be responsible for the mass extinction of an entire planet. Then, after about 5 years, this single guest-designed raid storyline will serve as the setting for Yoko Taro's next video game.

theoretically the WoL might already be responsible for the mass extinction of an entire planet if The Light decides to start going ham

and WoL is a slightly less genocidal version of Caim so I imagine the raid will be about us trying to fix problems through murder hoboing but making things worse

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Oh yeah, I'm not arguing with Omega. They just sort of go "IT WAS A LEGEND OF HEROES, shut up" even if it makes no sense. That was pure fanservice through and through and aside from a hair bit of stuff about Midgarsormr it was just an excuse to have FF dudes fight you.

That's fine tbh. None of the raid bosses so far except like the last two in each raid has really had any story related to them, for most of coil you were fighting rando snakes and coeurls and whatnot, and for most of alex you were fighting rando robots.
Omega is just trying to make itself as strong as possible, so it makes an anime tournament arc to see new powers to incorporate into its systems.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

What is that BLM staff Yoshi-P's lalafell is wearing in this Hydratos thing?

Edit: Oh, it's the Omega staff.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Feb 3, 2019

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Cabbit posted:

What is that BLM staff Yoshi-P's lalafell is wearing in this Hydratos thing?

It's the minfilia outfit from the mogstation. Oh, the staff I cant get a good look at sorry.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

Hooray, we get the car.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The first 4-player mount, and it's free from the XV crossover.
Now, maybe it'll be a worse grind than Whisper-A-Go-Go, but still.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Doomhammer posted:

Hooray, we get the car.
It's a good car

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
It drops off the final boss of the Hydatos dungeon boss.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
Male bunniegirls are still MIA

Devdisigdu
Mar 23, 2016

The shadows lengthen
In Carcosa.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_o-CtZGjJGc

Gimme that car!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It's going to take 99 Ex tokens isn't it :ohdear:

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

FactsAreUseless posted:

You are gravely mistaken.

What you MAY be thinking of is SCH + AST shields which do not stack. They do not stack for balance reasons.

edit: Updated image to draw the attention to what I'm pointing at.

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Feb 3, 2019

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008
I think they may have meant that two Diurnal AST regens don't stack.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

And I'm pretty sure the Gunbreaker gear shown is their AF? Thancred's look is unique to him, as Y'shtola's is to her. Urianger's is mostly AST without the veil.

ALSO.

Eureka for 5.0, please look forward to it.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
:allears: Someone asked if there could be party level syncing in Eureka, and while saying that the current structure wouldn't support that, it's something they will consider for the Eureka-style content they have planned for next expansion.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Yapping Eevee posted:

:allears: Someone asked if there could be party level syncing in Eureka, and while saying that the current structure wouldn't support that, it's something they will consider for the Eureka-style content they have planned for next expansion.

They're still considering eureka type content for 5.0 is what I heard but :negative: all the same.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Failboattootoot posted:

They're still considering eureka type content for 5.0 is what I heard but :negative: all the same.
It's possible I misheard that slightly, but :getin:

Also more logos actions in the last stage of Eureka, gently caress yeah.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

If I was able to mentor/sidekick up with my buddies Eureka might be, like, boring? But it wouldn't be irritating, because I could do it with my buddies. Instead my buddies are more than one level apart from me so we can never team up, and thus, I have not done Eureka.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Nessus posted:

If I was able to mentor/sidekick up with my buddies Eureka might be, like, boring? But it wouldn't be irritating, because I could do it with my buddies. Instead my buddies are more than one level apart from me so we can never team up, and thus, I have not done Eureka.

The context of the eureka question was someone asking if they could add level sync to Eureka and the answer was essentially no for Eureka currently but will try to do something like that in the future.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Cephas posted:

It's actually going to become an obscure backstory for the next Final Fantasy which Yoko Taro finally gets to write/direct.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/shadowbringers/product/

The Baby Gremlin minion and Aetheryte Earrings will be delivered to your account March 1st.
Although it's not open for preorders quite yet, physical collector's edition will be $200 US, digital collector's edition will be $60 US, and standard edition will be $40.
Pretty standard prices, really.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hogama posted:

https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/shadowbringers/product/

The Baby Gremlin minion and Aetheryte Earrings will be delivered to your account March 1st.
Although it's not open for preorders quite yet, physical collector's edition will be $200 US, digital collector's edition will be $60 US, and standard edition will be $40.
Pretty standard prices, really.

"* The weapon's stats will differ from those in FFVIII." No poo poo?

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Hogama posted:

And I'm pretty sure the Gunbreaker gear shown is their AF? Thancred's look is unique to him, as Y'shtola's is to her. Urianger's is mostly AST without the veil.

ALSO.

Eureka for 5.0, please look forward to it.

Is it just me or does that AST armor look exactly the same as the 70 AF?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. All regen stacks. Y ou can have a tank with 4 instances of regen at a time if you have a WHM and ASt. Shields don't stack, but that's because you could actually just make bosses do 0 damage almost all the time if they did. The only shield that stacks with others is DRK's level 70 one and it takes priority to taking damage (Because it breaking gives DRK meter)

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 3, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Did they say anything more about the FFXV collab? Is it going to be a Garuda (FFXV) trial or something?