Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Zandar posted:

I think they may have meant that two Diurnal AST regens don't stack.

Well, that's an entire other ball of wax. I was quietly reassured when it came up in Discord that I wasn't the only one who misunderstood the intent of the question, though.

I dunno, idiotproofing? AFAIK, there's no reason why you'd want double AST regens over one going regen, and the other going shields.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Badger of Basra posted:

Is it just me or does that AST armor look exactly the same as the 70 AF?

Shares a similar feel, but AF3 is more solid black and exposed midriff and sleeves and bronze/gold jewelry, AF4 is broken up by white fabric in the skirt and has bracers instead of sleeves and is more silver/platinum jewelry.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
I am more annoyed that the AST AF4 shoes look identical to or are minimally different from AST AF2.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I am more annoyed that the AST AF4 shoes look identical to or are minimally different from AST AF2.

That's because the AST AF2 is for formal winter events or deadly serious witching. AF4 is the same style but more for summer informals.

AF4 is just AF2 that you could wear on a date.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
For some reason I thought we were getting a trailer for 4.56, oh well

"Late March" feels so far away

Zandar
Aug 22, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. All regen stacks. Y ou can have a tank with 4 instances of regen at a time if you have a WHM and ASt. Shields don't stack, but that's because you could actually just make bosses do 0 damage almost all the time if they did. The only shield that stacks with others is DRK's level 70 one and it takes priority to taking damage (Because it breaking gives DRK meter)

While I can't check it conveniently right now, the Aspected Benefic tooltip says that its regen effect doesn't stack (with other Asp. Benefic, obviously it stacks with Asp. Helios) and the WHM Regen does not have that line.

E: Granted, as mentioned before I can't see it making much difference unless a couple of ASTs would like to chuck regens on the MT in an alliance raid or something.

Zandar fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Feb 3, 2019

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Also that BLM armor owns and is definitely helping sway my decision to go back to BLM over RDM in 5.0. Now just purge Verraise and the contract will be sealed.

Speaking of raises apparently you can't rez people in the Hydatos super dungeon. Well that's one way to get people to play something other that RDM in Eureka I guess!!

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Countblanc posted:

Also that BLM armor owns and is definitely helping sway my decision to go back to BLM over RDM in 5.0. Now just purge Verraise and the contract will be sealed.

Speaking of raises apparently you can't rez people in the Hydatos super dungeon. Well that's one way to get people to play something other that RDM in Eureka I guess!!

Are they still running it on FFXI exp? Because that combo is a potent NO THANKS for me.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Yes. I'll probably try it myself but only once I finish my weapon since I won't care about leveling down at that point (as otherwise I just wouldn't be there anyway)

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I hope (and, frankly, assume) the dwarves will be our DoH/L beast tribe in SB2 and we get a tank mount at sworn.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

AFAIK, there's no reason why you'd want double AST regens over one going regen, and the other going shields.

The math on nocturnal hp-per-button is immensely hosed up and the devs can't really find a good place for it despite numerous attempts throughout StB. Nocturnal exists in a functional state right now for extremely particular instances of content (hey lol eureka!!) but is otherwise a handicap that a double-AST party has to contend with.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

Leofish posted:

I hope (and, frankly, assume) the dwarves will be our DoH/L beast tribe in SB2 and we get a tank mount at sworn.

I wonder if they'll use Rally-Ho or Lali-ho.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Vadoc posted:

I wonder if they'll use Rally-Ho or Lali-ho.

Loli-ho seems like a good choice for some of the fan base

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Please don't

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

balmung’s containment field is failing. please remain calm and evacuate in an orderly fashion. message repeats. balmung’s containment field is ffixjxbdjLOOKING FOR CATGIRL DD/LG RP

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

Glagha posted:

Please don't

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
The only times I use noct are a) I'm in a 4 man dungeon and the tank likes to do big pulls (shields give them an HP buffer that doesn't generate emnity) or b) I'm in a party with a white mage.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Man Hydatos looks neat.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Vitamean posted:

Man Hydatos looks neat.

Agreed I'm looking forward to the dungeon

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So, uh, is there any reason why my beast tribe allowance hasn't refilled since Friday?

vvv Ahh, thank you, that would be the problem. Somehow I forgot to turn in one Namazu quest. Apparently it got pushed out of my quests visible on the minimap because I was doing 6 at once (due to turning in the rank-up quest also).

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Feb 3, 2019

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

If you have an outstanding beast tribe quest it won't refill until you do it. Check your journal.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I see the Hydatos dungeon and I just keep thinking about the Diadem emergency mission. But also it sounds like an Everquest dungeon and that's sick + they put AV in it lmao

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

ImpAtom posted:

"* The weapon's stats will differ from those in FFVIII." No poo poo?

They said the same thing for the Chicken Sword when SB1 came out. I think it's a joke, but I also think somebody asked and they had to be thorough.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

homeless snail posted:

I see the Hydatos dungeon and I just keep thinking about the Diadem emergency mission. But also it sounds like an Everquest dungeon and that's sick + they put AV in it lmao

Yeah, I only think about the Emergency Mission too. gently caress that. It was the antithesis of fun, only getting it to pop rarely and getting a single chance followed by failure. I got in twice, and the second time we didn't have the people to even attempt it.

If this is anything like that, gently caress it.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think they made it pretty clear during the Live Letter that the Armory is content specifically designed for crazy people

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blockhouse posted:

I think they made it pretty clear during the Live Letter that the Armory is content specifically designed for crazy people

they could go door to door and look every single player in the eye and say "you will not enjoy this content, do not do it", and then put a glamour in there and suddenly half the playerbase is attempting it

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.
Eureka sucks rear end but as long as they don't stick the relic in it then I am fine with them making more for the people that like it.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The relic being there is a big part of why Eureka is successful over Diadem though, the biggest part

Captain Cappy
Aug 7, 2008

*sticks the new tier of tomestones into the new Eureka*
"We're shocked how many players are doing Newreka!"

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

I don't know what you're talking about. All regen stacks. Y ou can have a tank with 4 instances of regen at a time if you have a WHM and ASt. Shields don't stack, but that's because you could actually just make bosses do 0 damage almost all the time if they did. The only shield that stacks with others is DRK's level 70 one and it takes priority to taking damage (Because it breaking gives DRK meter)
Yeah I think the thing I was reading was just wrong

Edit: or I just didn't realize the Diurnal Sect regen is different because I don't play AST

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Captain Cappy posted:

*sticks the new tier of tomestones into the new Eureka*
"We're shocked how many players are doing Newreka!"

surely they know, right? like obviously they wont mention it in interviews because itd just highlight how few people actually enjoy content they allocated significant resources and playtime to, but they have to know that's the reason significantly more people are doing the content than they expected right?

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Trusts are going to be completely lol unless they completely redo and make a competent AI, or remove every mechanic out of dungeons. Squadrons right now are basically unplayable with some of the existing dungeons.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

at least things are fun to collect

it was fun collecting trusts in ffxi too

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Trusts are going to be completely lol unless they completely redo and make a competent AI, or remove every mechanic out of dungeons. Squadrons right now are basically unplayable with some of the existing dungeons.

They'll probably just make every single mechanic target you

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I expect it to be exactly like Ghimlyt Dark, with some of the mechanic targeting specific NPCs and said NPCs positioning themselves at specific locations.
All of the new dungeons can be tailor made to consider the AI partners, so it should be pretty easy to handle actually.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Blockhouse posted:

They'll probably just make every single mechanic target you

They already do. And squads basically don't take any AOE damage from mechanics.

I tried to do WP (Hard) and the second boss's randomly targetted fireballs nearly killed me faster than the healer could keep me up, and that was the easiest boss to deal with thanks to second wind and potions.

The non targeted and environmental mechanics like the first boss's spears, second boss's totems, or literally anything the last boss does are the issues. I gave up after about 30 minutes on the last boss because it's a complete gong show.

1. You have to disengage to get the tank out of the poison field from the totem, move him away, and then reengage. During this time the healer will not cleanse or heal. If you don't do this, the healer will just cleanse the constantly reapplying debuff to the tank above all else.
2. Sometimes the other dps or healer will walk into the poison field again and steal the healer's attention.
3. The healer has no concept of doom, and will prioritize everything else over topping up the player.
4. The AI left to their own devices will randomly target the totems that you don't need to kill, needing you to disengage / move / reengage again.

I never made it to the adds but I'm sure that's a fresh new hell.

It's a pretty drat simple dungeon by human standards, but it's more complicated than spread out or stack. Dumbing that fight down to the point that the AI can handle it would make it completely trivial, even by FFXIV dungeon standards.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Jose Valasquez posted:

Loli-ho seems like a good choice for some of the fan base

Lol

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
I did Brayflox's Longstop (Hard) with the squadron a couple of days ago. I'd never done that instance and I didn't feel like waiting for a regular queue. Final boss was mildly nightmarish when I was the only one clearing out the bombs he drops. It took something like 5 attempts to get it done as SAM and I suspect it would be almost impossible for some casters.

Squeenix scripting your buddies so they can passably contribute to that and other dungeon bosses of standard mechanical complexity is certainly possible but it's probably double the work per boss at least so I'm not surprised they didn't go there. They could just make the mechanics dead simple to keep the work easier, of course, but if the intent is to keep the dungeons the same like they do with current squadrons then that would mean very boring dungeons.

Squads are still a perfectly OK way to get to 50 for anyone wondering, two squad archers on offensive do a lot more DPS than a typical dungeon finder group so you can blast through pretty quick if you're feeling anti-social or need to get over your tank anxiety. Just don't try to aoe, don't do the L50 dungeons with real mechanics, and ideally don't play dps.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Eureka is..... okay. I feel like I would enjoy it more with multiple classes at 70 so I could switch between them and remember rotations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
I hope someone finds a way to mod "What Is Love" into the mount music for the Regalia when we get it.