Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
¡PLOP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

FrumpleOrz posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Dude bi. So what?

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

FrumpleOrz posted:

The Lockhorns

Dark.
https://www.stereogum.com/1799/hunter_s_thompsons_suicide_note/news/

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I unno, I bet you could just ask around to some known fences. Someone selling solid gold sneakers outta be memorable.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

And it's not like the fences are hard to find, as we've established.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

This got a smile out of me, which is more than I can say for any other Kevin & Kell strip.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
The Perishers (1983)

Beau Peep (1985)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Well, Wasps, Remember this face as I send you buzzing straight to hell!

And when you get there, tell them who sent ya!

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

FrumpleOrz posted:

On The Fastrack

For a moment, I was confused as to why Dethany isn't wearing any pants.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

RoboRodent posted:

For a moment, I was confused as to why Dethany isn't wearing any pants.

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one who saw that, especially after making a similar easy dumb Dustin edit.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Took me like a month to catch up on this thread and can finally say that Jamal is fantastic.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

FrumpleOrz posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

I wish I could say I was surprised that McEldowney is the type of person who thinks guys can't say that another guy is "gorgeous" without it being a big deal or "meaning something".

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Curtis

Jamal

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

I did some looking and these Closer to Home comics are random picks from the first two years of syndication, so these are from somewhere around '92-94. I found the cover's comic from December 31st, '92.

Closer to Home

If I can get the picture taking down to where it's not too blurry in spots there's another comic I want to try to track down from my youth. It was in a similar book style to this and I believe it was more newspaper comics, but I'm not sure. It was about white cats and had a blue and white checkerboard boarder around it. I'm gonna try to find it someday.

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 4, 2019

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

I'd still be pretty impressed
https://i.imgur.com/ScQamjA.mp4

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

The Bloop posted:

I'd still be pretty impressed
https://i.imgur.com/ScQamjA.mp4

I.....I want to see this crash into a wall

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

I sort of love you.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

:lol:

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

Oh goddammit there was never any indication that Ian thought the girl liked him in any way other than as a good professor.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Apartment 3-G

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

:neckbeard: yay Space!

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

howe_sam posted:

:neckbeard: yay Space!

The ONE place uncorrupted by capitalism!

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

:perfect:

Also those early Close to Home comics are aping Far Side so hard that all they do is call attention to their mediocrity and lovely, lovely art. I still appreciate you posting them, though!

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Oh goddammit there was never any indication that Ian thought the girl liked him in any way other than as a good professor.
Ha, yeah, nice try. I'm not falling for this edit! I'm heading to CK right now for the real one!

Oh god dammit.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I finally have a functional computer, so let's catch up with a wall o' Retail!

More to come!

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Haifisch posted:

Locher Tracy

"You actually seem incompetent as all hell! I'm pretty sure you were about to arrest me and charge me with murder based merely on the appearance of my face, in fact!"

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 18, 1931)

Peanuts (February 7, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 28-30, 1931)

Thimble Theater (August 30, 1935)

When we last saw Dok's Dippy Duck, he was on his way to a vacation. So where did The Kid take off to? It depends on whether you read the comics page or the weather forecast. In the funnies, you were expected to figure it out yourself...for prizes! Just send your guesses to the Duck Editor.

Meanwhile, in his other gig as the weatherman's sidekick on page one, it was a little more straightforward. And maybe a little bit more ambitious.

(Both June 18-20, 1923)

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I want to like Geech, but I find the art kind of hard to parse, and why is everyone so lumpy? Because texas?

:stare: jesus

this is really good.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set is a happy accident.

Working Daze is picking up from last week.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix is just here until it gets a movie deal.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, boxing matches could go on for quite a while in the early days. I wonder if Williams was thinking of the Bowen-Burke match in 1893, which went on for seven hours and 110 rounds and also ended in a no decision.

Anyway, here's the rest of my Retail backlog.

Kids, do you like Star Wars jokes? I hope so, because you're going to be hearing them endlessly until we Gen-Xers die.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Hostile V posted:

Dude bi. So what?

Evil Mastermind posted:

I wish I could say I was surprised that McEldowney is the type of person who thinks guys can't say that another guy is "gorgeous" without it being a big deal or "meaning something".

Remember that this is the strip where GHulk destroyed a man's marriage because he noticed the dude had a bunch of kids and realized that any man who could successfully impregnate a woman on so many occasions must be gay.

Bi does not exist.

Secure enough in your sexuality that you can appreciate another man's form without it being a big deal does not exist.

Falling in love with a woman's "art" and having sex with her but still being fully homosexual and not bi at all does exist.

It's 2019, kids. Nobody is shocked by the concept of Tinder anymore (even if they're not on it) and nobody says, "It's a hoot."

This sounds like the worst.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Julet Esqu posted:

Remember that this is the strip where GHulk destroyed a man's marriage because he noticed the dude had a bunch of kids and realized that any man who could successfully impregnate a woman on so many occasions must be gay.

Bi does not exist.

Secure enough in your sexuality that you can appreciate another man's form without it being a big deal does not exist.

Falling in love with a woman's "art" and having sex with her but still being fully homosexual and not bi at all does exist.

It's 2019, kids. Nobody is shocked by the concept of Tinder anymore (even if they're not on it) and nobody says, "It's a hoot."

This sounds like the worst.
I bet this is what happens. I hate it.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

So what's bad about the boss knowing that Cooper is married?

So the only reason Les gets dates is because he goes out of his way to meet women and that's... bad? :confused:

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Princess Planet

April 14th, 2006

April 15th, 2006

April 16th, 2006

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
But but! Confidence and asserting yourself is BAD and WRONG

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Tiggum posted:

So what's bad about the boss knowing that Cooper is married?

Stuart was the store manager when they started dating. There were rules against employees dating. Marla helped hide the relationship from Stuart.

I’ve apparently been reading Retail for a very long time. They started dating in 2011.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

TheMadMilkman posted:

Stuart was the store manager when they started dating. There were rules against employees dating. Marla helped hide the relationship from Stuart.

I’ve apparently been reading Retail for a very long time. They started dating in 2011.

Yeah, a lot of companies have rules against employees dating, let alone getting married. (And IIRC, Val's a supervisor, which is another issue.)