Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So Trump isn't the only one that wants people to spend a penny on him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hey, at that price it'd be a good idea to stock up. post-brexit you could burn them for warmth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/erinbiba/status/1092285210870325248

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
i will never stop laughing at the butterfly conservationist trump voter

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Yeah I mean like, everything happening to him is exactly what Trump promised would happen if elected, literally the only issues he possibly could've actually supported him on were greed or racism, in which case welp hope it was worth it

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Epic High Five posted:

Yeah I mean like, everything happening to him is exactly what Trump promised would happen if elected, literally the only issues he possibly could've actually supported him on were greed or racism, in which case welp hope it was worth it

I still think, that while sexism and racism and greed are huge parts of the Republican identity, owning the libs is constantly underestimated as a central dogma.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
https://twitter.com/originalspin/status/1092460786453073920

So much winning, we'll get tired of all the winning.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
"Brazil might be fascist but at least it's not Detroit :shrug:"

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Epic High Five posted:

yes but that's true for all the chuds itt. it's extra special that someone who built a sanctuary for fragile, beautiful creatures voted for the gross pussy-grabber whose base despises snowflakes and safe spaces

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
JOBS JOBS JOBS*

*(in brazil)

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Avirosb posted:

"Brazil might be fascist but at least it's not Detroit :shrug:"
Becoming fascist is one of the major reasons they moved there.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

deleted. what was it?

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Subjunctive posted:

deleted. what was it?

Talking about how the butterfly sanctuary is getting demolished for the wall and that is bad but it it was a Trump voters sanctuary so that there is schadenfreude to be found.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

jobson groeth posted:

Talking about how the butterfly sanctuary is getting demolished for the wall and that is bad but it it was a Trump voters sanctuary so that there is schadenfreude to be found.

The sanctuary was live-streaming a protest/direct action to block the demolition crew on facebook, which is pretty lol given how the owner probably felt about standing rock or even kneeling football men.

I hate that animals are dying senselessly, but humans and animals die senselessly every day because of republicans. If the dude dies throwing himself in front of a bulldozer, I’ll reassess.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Grevling posted:

I thought I would get money back this year!? would be a good thread title.

I got my tax refund and I didn't vote for Trump, also I quit my federal job last year and started making double my hourly rate in a totally different position. :kiddo:

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Dr.Caligari posted:

JOBS JOBS JOBS*

I hate to be a sourpuss, I really do, but I'm not sure outsourcing is a good example of something that would be different if they'd voted for a Clinton.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"

Halloween Jack posted:

I hate to be a sourpuss, I really do, but I'm not sure outsourcing is a good example of something that would be different if they'd voted for a Clinton.

I’m totally with you there. Clinton was maybe the only person that could have lost to Trump

If nothing else, I never paid much attention to politics and Trump reminds me daily that we have a president and not a king or whatever . Going back to a status quo :decorum: president is going to be like kicking a habit

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

Halloween Jack posted:

The question is if a Clinton would run on demanding and guaranteeing that jobs will stay in the U.S.

Most politicians avoid claiming that poo poo like the plague because U.S. companies will happily stab them in the back for profits.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Dr.Caligari posted:

I’m totally with you there. Clinton was maybe the only person that could have lost to Trump

If nothing else, I never paid much attention to politics and Trump reminds me daily that we have a president and not a king or whatever . Going back to a status quo :decorum: president is going to be like kicking a habit

well fret not because there's no coming back from this

ReapersTouch
Nov 25, 2004

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Avirosb posted:

I believe this belongs here

Although I truly hope that Trump voters realize how much he's loving them over, I dunnno if I believe all of those twitter users arent bots.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
I fall JUST above a tax bracket!

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

Streak posted:

I fall JUST above a tax bracket!

One of my first bosses did government engineering and planning subcontracts.. He refused to take on too many contracts and expand his business because he sincerely believed that once he was in the next tax bracket by even $100, he'd now be making LESS money than before.

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!

TotalLossBrain posted:

One of my first bosses did government engineering and planning subcontracts.. He refused to take on too many contracts and expand his business because he sincerely believed that once he was in the next tax bracket by even $100, he'd now be making LESS money than before.

This poo poo is so common now because schools don't have a tax/economics class that repeatedly drills into your head on how marginal taxes work.

I can recall as far back as the early 90s listening to KGO arguing with a loving doctor because he thought he was making less money since he barely nudged into a higher tax bracket.

There's no excuse for today's idiots though, you can look up taxes with a few key words and understand what's actually happening.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
people are dumb but also the people who want low taxes for the rich have every incentive to perpetuate the misunderstanding with rhetoric about the government taking $0.70 for every $1 you earn

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

TotalLossBrain posted:

conservatives are experts at self owning

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Tetrabor posted:

This poo poo is so common now because schools don't have a tax/economics class that repeatedly drills into your head on how marginal taxes work.

I can recall as far back as the early 90s listening to KGO arguing with a loving doctor because he thought he was making less money since he barely nudged into a higher tax bracket.

There's no excuse for today's idiots though, you can look up taxes with a few key words and understand what's actually happening.

I've had to explain tax brackets to people of various ages at the last three jobs I've worked. :smith: All high schools should have a life skills class that explains taxes, car buying, stock investing, job applications, loans. Mine had one and it was really beneficial.

Edit: I work with a few people who immigrated from the eastern bloc, I helped them do their own taxes (they only had a w-2 and a 1099) with turbotax instead of paying 400 dollars like they had been for the last few years.

Mr.Pibbleton has issued a correction as of 08:13 on Feb 5, 2019

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/smarxist_/status/1092342448397922304

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Is there any chance these people actually stay home next year?

They weren’t thinking about economics when they voted for him last time.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

They were definitely thinking about "economic anxiety"

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

TontoCorazon posted:

They were definitely thinking about "economic anxiety"

As a credible cover for "I don't like browns"

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

The vast, vast majority of them will stand in line on November 3, 2020 to vote straight R.

A couple slivers of a percentage won't, though - and given how razor-close the results were in 2016, Trump can't afford to lose any of his voters.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
My chud neighbor lost his mind when I told him that I, a brown person, would actually pay less taxes this year under his retarded hero, while he was paying more

that was a good lol

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

ElGroucho posted:

My chud neighbor lost his mind when I told him that I, a brown person, would actually pay less taxes this year under his retarded hero, while he was paying more

that was a good lol

The best lol

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
I wonder what the other reason was for the person who said there were only two reasons they voted Trump.

If it's anything other than supreme court seats, they've almost certainly been let down on both fronts.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
Maybe they are paying more taxes because their income went up?

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

By 2020 they'll have another year without receiving a return lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
There were working-class voters who voted for Trump mostly out of economic concerns and resentment of an establishment they don't understand. But they're not the ardent #MAGA people on social media. If they ever were, it was during the primary and they've cooled on him since then.

The number of people who don't usually vote, but came out to vote for Trump in the general, is a very small fraction of the base. Which is interesting, because it means that these some of these idiots getting mad at Trump are probably ardent, reliable conservatives. But they'll probably still show up in 2020 to let whatever Republican candidate poo poo directly into their mouths.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

ElGroucho posted:

that was a good lol

lmao owns

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

ElGroucho posted:

that was a good lol

I would never stop lolin.

Lols just echoing out of my grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

ElGroucho posted:

that was a good lol

You're my hero. I'd make a poster-size version of my return and wave it like a flag outside my house. Kneel bitch, lmao