Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

Vijay Mallay is finally (pending appeal) getting extradited to India
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/04/uk-home-secretary-approves-extradition-of-vijay-mallya-to-india

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Reminder that Lewis is still #1

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

like a true champion

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

big crush on Chad OMG posted:

that's a funny way of spelling Lance Stroll

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
How did kvyat get a spot over Hartley. That's some bullshit

EoRaptor
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ilmucche posted:

Money. What else?

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

I, too, am a huge fan of Hartleys F1 achievements such as

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Hmm yes, after one season in a backmarker we should call him poo poo.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Umm, was more than one season....

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

ilmucche posted:

Kvyat is a better driver hth

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
Bring back Pastor

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Youre right its unfair to expect him to get podiums in a backmarker car. Lets compare him to his teammate.

Oh.

Lets compare him to loving Lance Stroll in a loving Williams

Oh.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

I found him more.likanle than either kvyat or stroll :shrug:

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

He is far more likable than kvyat or stroll or 90% of the other drivers on the grid, I wouldnt argue against that. But I'd rather have my hate figures be good drivers too so that theres more pantomime drama in this dead fraudulent sport

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

NtotheTC posted:

He is far more likable than kvyat or stroll or 90% of the other drivers on the grid, I wouldnt argue against that. But I'd rather have my hate figures be good drivers too so that theres more pantomime drama in this dead fraudulent sport

This sport owns and is thriving and the only thing dead is your internal struggle about wanting brexit cause gently caress those foreigners but you’re having difficulty weighing up with the consequence of the UK turning into an apocalyptic mad max reality.... but drat gently caress those foreigners, right, mate?

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What does that have to do with Brexit? None of stroll, kvyat or hartley are british.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

ilmucche posted:

He's Australian, so we already knew he was poo poo from the start

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

In hilarious sponsor news, McLaren have added a swedish chocolate brand to their collection of idiots who are prepared to give them money for zero exposure. Id tell you their name but it wasn't worth committing to memory.

But better still, Red Bull are now sponsored by a cryptocurrency and i cannot fault them for brand alignment there because the similarities between the two are striking

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

In hilarious sponsor news, McLaren have added a swedish chocolate brand to their collection of idiots who are prepared to give them money for zero exposure. Id tell you their name but it wasn't worth committing to memory.

It's called Huski and the announcement said they're gonna be on the rear wing, which means they're paying an idiotic amount of money.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

NtotheTC posted:

But better still, Red Bull are now sponsored by a cryptocurrency and i cannot fault them for brand alignment there because the similarities between the two are striking

https://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/world/article225501940.html

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Lmao there's not a single salient point in that story that can't be airquoted to make it more accurate.

"died" "unexpectedly" while "travelling in India" to "set up an orphanage"

E: "investors"

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

It's called Huski and the announcement said they're gonna be on the rear wing, which means they're paying an idiotic amount of money.

Would be very apt if it's a McLaren with some 'chocolate' brown near the rear of the car.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brabham-turned-down-revive-name/4332980/

quote:

Brabham told Motorsport.com: "From a brand point of view, if I told you how many people contacted us and said they're going to buy an F1 team and wanted to call it Brabham: it's a long list.

"But guess what, nobody was ever able to buy the team. At first you get quite excited by it but after a while you learn.

"It came to a point where you learned your lessons, and you're like 'prove you've got the funds'. Then it didn't waste our time as much."

I'm guessing every Russian or Malaysian or whatever oil man with any money has called him up

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Racing Point should use the Brabham name.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Frond posted:

Racing Point should use the Brabham name.

Is Racing Point the worst team name in years? I think it might be, I'm struggling to think of a worse name, apart from Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, which is just laughable

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
I'd say Manor Marussia is about as bad a name.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Q_res posted:

The worst name is Stroll

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Q_res posted:

Ah yes, you may have a point there. Hormone Replacement Therapy was also pretty bad (Cool Spot!)

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Brainwrong posted:

Is Racing Point the worst team name in years? I think it might be, I'm struggling to think of a worse name, apart from Scuderia Ferrari Mission Winnow, which is just laughable

Force India was pretty bad, we just got used to it. Toro Rosso remains an extremely dumb figleaf covering Red Bull cheating by having two teams. Virgin is just a weird brand in general. Are we counting BMW Sauber Ferrari? Because that was very silly.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

All of those names were bad but they don't have the same problem as Racing Point, which is that it's meaningless and doesn't even make sense in English

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It was my understanding that Racing Point is still a placeholder until they announce a title sponsor, so it's meaningless by design, but I guess time is running out for that and they'll just plaster the car with daddy Stroll's businesses.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Bad news on that front: http://f1i.com/news/329005-racing-point-f1-confirms-2019-name-change.html

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Fair enough, that's literally today's news so I would have been correct yesterday :v:

'SportPesa Racing Point Mercedes' is pretty loving awful. I wonder if anyone's going to pick up BWT and their lovely pink

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
It’s interesting they wanted to use the Lola name. Lola has been successful in many other categories but they were never great in F1. Their last two projects were a disaster.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

more like racing.....pointless.....

i got nothin, the team is so good i can't even make fun of it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They should bring back Tyrell

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

They should bring back Tyrell

Who do you think made Bottas?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
broke: bringing back Brabham
woke: bringing back BRM

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Exploding brain: bring back Benetton so are Lance can win his first WDC in it just like Michael

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

BRM somehow made it all the way to the late 70s.