Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

Fender Anarchist posted:

Hey yall, I've been fiddling around in Tekkit Legends and I've run into an issue with the Philosopher's Stone. All the fuel recipes from Coal up to Aeternalis Fuel work fine; however, the recipe to go from Charcoal to Coal, which is key to the whole reusable mass production thing I want to set up, seems to be missing from the install. The Tekkit Classic wiki seems to show that it should be there, but it's not in my game.

Is the charcoal -> coal thing something they added later and it's not supposed to be in Legends? Or is something hosed up?

I am just on Tleg at the moment, I am just getting to a power flower but the simple start is a mk1 power condensor and it will take a Glowstone and slowly build up through the different types, as soon as I get the new type i just throw it in the table/tablet, I now have most items in the tablet and only had to make 1 of each in most cases

as for mass power production - blaze rod pulverised into powder @ 3 for 1 means you get 1.5 blaze rods back
so you can use a pE chest to turn blaze powder into rods and then pulverised the rods to get more powder for net gain, Simples.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

What's this now? Do you mean just cast ingots and assemble the blocks from bricks?

Yeah.

I normally just export the ingots into my AE network. The basin is too much effort for the payoff, as there is a hard limit reached where your high end ducts/cables are sucking the smeltry dry faster than the ingots/blocks cast and are exported. This might be overcome with a basin, but ive never bothered. almost instant is fine with me

greententacle
Apr 28, 2007

Mr Bubbles

Johnny Joestar posted:

iirc the mods used for it are a mixture of nutrition which gives you buffs if you eat varied amounts of different food groups and one explicitly where eating unique foods will give you more permanent health points over time instead of the spice of life used in blightfall

So you don't get punished by eating the same thing giving you diminished returns? I hate it when food mods do that. I just want to carry a stack of bread on me & not worry about hunger.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I’ve been wanting to try out the new thaumcraft and hearing Talonos is incorporating it in his new pack is aces and I think I’ll wait for that to release.

I know Thaumcrat is no longer developed though. How far did it come? Did Azanor finish it up first or is it missing the endgame stuff like void related content?

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Demiurge4 posted:

I’ve been wanting to try out the new thaumcraft and hearing Talonos is incorporating it in his new pack is aces and I think I’ll wait for that to release.

I know Thaumcrat is no longer developed though. How far did it come? Did Azanor finish it up first or is it missing the endgame stuff like void related content?

That's no longer the case, Azanor is letting a collection of other modders continue it.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

greententacle posted:

So you don't get punished by eating the same thing giving you diminished returns? I hate it when food mods do that. I just want to carry a stack of bread on me & not worry about hunger.

from what it looks like you don't get punished for having around a good bit of 'safety' food, you're just fairly incentivized to go out and seek new things because it gives you helpful buffs and/or increases your max health permanently, which is a nice way to handle it

Bann
Jan 14, 2019

Demiurge4 posted:

I've not tried thaumcraft 6 for since in the last 2 months, but even 2 months ago it was mechanically mostly all there. Like, if you just rolled your own modpack to do a play through ofThaumcraft as a stand alone thing, you would run into some pain points. It was, and presumably still is, far enough along to be included as a piece of a larger modpack.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Do packs that tend to funnel people into Immersive Engineering tend to alter how that mod itself behaves? I am curious if there is a particularly common path challenge packs use for the sake of "progression."

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Do packs that tend to funnel people into Immersive Engineering tend to alter how that mod itself behaves? I am curious if there is a particularly common path challenge packs use for the sake of "progression."

Sevtech, at least, features IE pretty heavily in Age3/4 though it doesn't really change the mod itself. The pack just uses the machines to gate steel and a few essential goodies while otherwise being the first real step in automated systems - making gears, rods, and the like. It's also used as the first source of ore doubling with the crusher + smelter.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The best part of the new(er) Thaumcraft versions is the air transport essentia system where you can just slap a wireless sender/receiver on your machines and liquid magic flows through the air in cool worm-shaped pulses to and from your essentia jars and it's cool as hell and doesn't require complex piping and makes alchemy fun and easy while allowing for more diverse setups, so of course when I ended up looking a recipe up on Reddit about it every single person was complaining about it and how it was "too easy".

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Heh, so in PO3 I saved up my tokens for a flight totem, then I unlocked the Twilight Forest. Turns out, TF disables sources of creative flight in its dimension :v: Fortunately, I still had my old jetpack, which for some reason still works.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

Rynoto posted:

Sevtech, at least, features IE pretty heavily in Age3/4 though it doesn't really change the mod itself. The pack just uses the machines to gate steel and a few essential goodies while otherwise being the first real step in automated systems - making gears, rods, and the like. It's also used as the first source of ore doubling with the crusher + smelter.

I have this notion that's probably the typical thing. Specifically, gating steel. If it weren't through IE, then it'd be through something else. Everybody tries to replace iron with some hard-to-produce steel. I think I can work off of that.

The worst part about that is without that constraint, I don't think anybody would be using that equipment in IE. There looks like plenty of other cool stuff. Like, I think the heater might actually make hell furnaces--the ones you can make via Natura--quite viable. I just saw it in the background today and thought I'd try it. There's also those garden cloches.

Speaking of gating things, I did get some enjoyment out of not settling down right away and instead wandering some many kilometers. I was able to get some crates from IE huts in a few villages and ultimately a starter emerald to get that shipping crate in Pam's Harvestcraft. For leather, I could dry cooked meat or use the one or two iron I did find in a village to make this tub dehydrator thing I found in one mod to turn rotten flesh into leather. After I got a bunch of wheat, I was able to start getting emeralds fairly easily and smelt one into various tools. Went straight to emeralds. By the way, their attributes passive increases your health as you hold the tool. I feel like there could be value in a modpack that has zero iron ore and forces you to get it through villages or something. So you have very low-tech stuff and very high-tech stuff.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Heh, so in PO3 I saved up my tokens for a flight totem, then I unlocked the Twilight Forest. Turns out, TF disables sources of creative flight in its dimension :v: Fortunately, I still had my old jetpack, which for some reason still works.

really >< that sucks. And tokens. lol ive gotten 2 from mobs. I havent seen a saturation one though. WIll trade :)

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Meskhenet posted:

really >< that sucks. And tokens. lol ive gotten 2 from mobs. I havent seen a saturation one though. WIll trade :)

I haven't gotten a saturation one either. I just live off of pizzas from my loot bag opener. Not like there were any better things to spend tokens on.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.
In PO3, what's the thing that makes blazes in the Nether hit a lot harder than I'm used to? They set me on fire for about a week and it's a struggle trying to get some drat blaze rods (I'm playing a normally generated world) for my blast furnace. It looks like they set you on fire every time you hit them, which is super fun!

Edit: with the Everlasting Abilities mod, how do I switch them out? I have a ton of levels, but the abilities on the left remain greyed out.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

cyclical posted:

In PO3, what's the thing that makes blazes in the Nether hit a lot harder than I'm used to? They set me on fire for about a week and it's a struggle trying to get some drat blaze rods (I'm playing a normally generated world) for my blast furnace. It looks like they set you on fire every time you hit them, which is super fun!

Edit: with the Everlasting Abilities mod, how do I switch them out? I have a ton of levels, but the abilities on the left remain greyed out.

No idea what the blazes are about, but you can get blaze powder from sifting dust (I think.) Use a thermal expansion compactor to turn 5 powder into 1 rod. You can still sift dust in a normal worldgen world.

When you spawned into the world initially you should have been given an Ability Bottle. Use that to switch them out. Cheat one in if you lost yours; I don't think they have a crafting recipe.

cyclical
Nov 26, 2005
No, not that one.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

No idea what the blazes are about, but you can get blaze powder from sifting dust (I think.) Use a thermal expansion compactor to turn 5 powder into 1 rod. You can still sift dust in a normal worldgen world.

When you spawned into the world initially you should have been given an Ability Bottle. Use that to switch them out. Cheat one in if you lost yours; I don't think they have a crafting recipe.

Awesome, thanks! I'll try the sifting method. And yeah, gonna have to cheat in an ability bottle, I don't have it anymore.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

cyclical posted:

Dont muck about in the nether.

Mob capture (the ghast tear and 4 plastic).

Drop it in a room only 2 blocks high, mob duplicator in the ground. Shuriken them to death with loot. ( i have mine on On with redstone. takes 3-4 button presses to get one to spawn, super safe.

Automate it with a masher if you want

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

The worst part about that is without that constraint, I don't think anybody would be using that equipment in IE. There looks like plenty of other cool stuff. Like, I think the heater might actually make hell furnaces--the ones you can make via Natura--quite viable. I just saw it in the background today and thought I'd try it. There's also those garden cloches.

Cloches can absolutely vomit out plants, but there's usually restrictions on -what- they can work on, typically to force you to use agricraft for mystical agriculture or whatever. I remember having to add some void upgrades to my storage drawers just so the game wouldn't lag from entities falling off the conveyor when I used it for canola. It also used to crash on ender lilies but I'm sure that's fixed by now.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Also, cloches have horrendous performance, so avoid using them if you can. That being said if it's a single player world who gives a crap :v:

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Also, cloches have horrendous performance, so avoid using them if you can. That being said if it's a single player world who gives a crap :v:

They use at most 5 microseconds per tick, if you remember to void the overflow of the storage they output to.

In fact, I've found a fair number of machines from various mods (excepting TE) don't perform well when they're always on and trying to place items into a chest/crate/wtfever that doesn't have any room.

Meskhenet
Apr 26, 2010

Set up a lot more of my base in PO3, went to the twilight forest, killed the snake.

Put its head down, now my save doesnt load.

Weird problem too.

Seems to be a journey map issue.

Which makes sense.

I made my portal near my base. But on return the portal is some way away. (Same with my nether portal though. SO i have 2 portals for both)

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Found a "fun" edge case on our server today.

There's an item called a spectre key that takes you to a per-player personal dimension. In that dimension is a thing you click on to return to where you used the key.

I was in there doing secret wizard things, and the server admin teleported himself to me. Nothing blew up yet. But then he clicked on the return thing. hosed up his character, has to restore himself from a backup.

This is what you get for forcing yourself into the private domain of a wizard! :smugwizard:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

about time

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Light Gun Man posted:

Found a "fun" edge case on our server today.

There's an item called a spectre key that takes you to a per-player personal dimension. In that dimension is a thing you click on to return to where you used the key.

I was in there doing secret wizard things, and the server admin teleported himself to me. Nothing blew up yet. But then he clicked on the return thing. hosed up his character, has to restore himself from a backup.

This is what you get for forcing yourself into the private domain of a wizard! :smugwizard:

The Spectre Key from Random Things is one of my favorite modded items. I'm kind of surprised he was able to teleport in in the first place, but since he did I imagine the correct way to leave is also by teleport. That space isn't like the Magic Mirrors of Witchery, only the owner is allowed in.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Can anyone tell me if something weird is going on here? Enigmatica 2 expert single player world: IE connectors and relays don't seem to be visually attaching to other objects. I haven't gotten any power generation going so I'm not sure if it's actually connecting or what. Anyone seen this before? Also I'm not getting extra hearts for eating different foods and sometimes pam's foods will revert to saying I havent eaten them even though i have. Thats not related obviously but it seems wrong

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Hooplah posted:

Can anyone tell me if something weird is going on here? Enigmatica 2 expert single player world: IE connectors and relays don't seem to be visually attaching to other objects. I haven't gotten any power generation going so I'm not sure if it's actually connecting or what. Anyone seen this before? Also I'm not getting extra hearts for eating different foods and sometimes pam's foods will revert to saying I havent eaten them even though i have. Thats not related obviously but it seems wrong

That's a relay, not a connector. Relays can't transfer power, they're just for extending and splitting/combining wires.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.

Hooplah posted:

Can anyone tell me if something weird is going on here? Enigmatica 2 expert single player world: IE connectors and relays don't seem to be visually attaching to other objects.

How do you mean? If there's no wires between them make sure you're using the correct type for your relay/connector.

If you mean the connector isn't sending power then sometimes there are only specific sides that accept it - though from your image that looks like it could be a relay and not a connector attached?

AgentCow007
May 20, 2004
TITLE TEXT
My friends and I have the itch to MC again...

Can anyone recommend me a modern modpack? I've got about 8 people, I like tech, my friends like questing/progression stuff like Twilight Forest, and a lot of exploring. Wouldn't mind some good food mods either.

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009

AgentCow007 posted:

Can anyone recommend me a modern modpack? I've got about 8 people, I like tech, my friends like questing/progression stuff like Twilight Forest, and a lot of exploring. Wouldn't mind some good food mods either.

Sevtech has a ton of exploration - Twilight Forest, Betweenlands, Deep Dark, Hunting Dimensions, Abyssalcraft's multiple special dimensions to name a few - and is entirely built around a themed progression system of going from cavemen to astronauts with a huge helping of magic thrown in before tech takes over.

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Hooplah posted:

Visual attachment of connectors and relays isn't really a thing. They are what they are, they don't change visually.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Potsticker posted:

The Spectre Key from Random Things is one of my favorite modded items. I'm kind of surprised he was able to teleport in in the first place, but since he did I imagine the correct way to leave is also by teleport. That space isn't like the Magic Mirrors of Witchery, only the owner is allowed in.

Yeah, the problem is he did do it wrong and now he's trapped in limbo. We're gonna try some dumb stuff with teleport commands as soon as he logs in and see how it goes. Otherwise we're gonna have to gently caress with user folders or backups probably.

edit: somehow, using teleport commands as people log in does work, as dumb as that sounds!

Light Gun Man fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Feb 8, 2019

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Glad you got that worked out.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Ultimate Alchemy is a pretty fun pack if you're tired of the old standby stuff. It's essentially just a skyblock with some fun extras, but a lot of the tedium is taken out. There's infinite cobblestone and wood, and ore generation is almost entirely done from that.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Sorry, my last picture may not have been clear enough, but the issue is that relays and connectors visually have those metal caps on both ends, like they're floating. Doesn't seem to matter whether they're relays or connectors, or what they're attaching to. Here's a shot I grabbed from a yt lp doing the same pack as me. In previous packs my connectors looked like this, too

Comparing the pics side by side, I see that the issue I'm trying to point out is barely noticeable in the screen... sorry guys

here's a better example

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Feb 9, 2019

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

Hooplah posted:

Sorry, my last picture may not have been clear enough, but the issue is that relays and connectors visually have those metal caps on both ends, like they're floating. Doesn't seem to matter whether they're relays or connectors, or what they're attaching to. Here's a shot I grabbed from a yt lp doing the same pack as me. In previous packs my connectors looked like this, too

Comparing the pics side by side, I see that the issue I'm trying to point out is barely noticeable in the screen... sorry guys

here's a better example

Oh, huh, I didn't even know they could look like that. Maybe it's intentional?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I guess if IE was patched in the last month or so? I don't know why that'd be patched, though. I liked the way they looked before. I typically would put relays up on the end of fence poles and the bottom of the relay blended right into the pole, it looked nice.

I mean, everything seems to function normally so it's not a big deal or anything. It just looks sloppy like this and I thought it might be a symptom of a bigger install problem that'd bite me in the rear end later.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Hooplah posted:

here's a better example

Mine looks like that and it still works, so it could have just been an update to immersive engineering that changed how the connectors look.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i don't like change :jiggled:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

AgentCow007 posted:

Come play on DPT! Details here. We have tech and exploring/questing stuff, a chill community, and have lots of food.