Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Who cares, you’re married, no way to prove it was an inappropriate relationship, gently caress off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

Hobnob posted:

The Perishers (1983)

They're talking about Daddles the Duck, first introduced in 1977.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

This panel, it's good

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set has poor timing.

Working Daze wasn't funny the first time.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix isn't funny.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Sally Forth

Skippy (September 19, 1931)

Peanuts (February 8, 1972)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (December 31, 1931-January 2, 1932)

Thimble Theater (August 31, 1935)

Dok's Dippy Duck (with a side-trip to The Weather) (June 21-23, 1923)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Forths are very good parents.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The Princess Planet

April 17th, 2006

April 18th, 2006

April 19th, 2006

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

https://twitter.com/chip_uni/status/1092994260243083266

talking about nonbinary representations in comics, i can't say i would have expected to see that signature in a million years

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.

Hjalmar posted:

talking about nonbinary representations in comics, i can't say i would have expected to see that signature in a million years

Dana knows the score.

https://twitter.com/MizDanaClaire/status/1092999915087646720

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
I'm not a huge fan of Out Our Way but I really appreciate the way the artist draws textures, particularly on clothing. You just don't see that much in comics these days.

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
I grew up on J.R. Williams’ comics—my dad ran a machine shop and every supply company in the business whose promo calendar didn’t have naked ladies on it featured reprints of Williams’ Bull of the Woods cartoons. (Basically Our Our Way but just the shop gags.) They’re still doing it, in fact.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life

What does he think Dramamine is or how the word "inducing" is used?

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Strontium posted:

Intelligent Life
Boy, that Mike sure is a wacky character. You never know what he'll do next! Watch super hero movies, read super hero comics, play video games, or maybe talk about how much he loves super heroes and video games! There's no end to the possibilities! Can you imagine how wild and crazy his imagination must be?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

EasyEW posted:

Dok's Dippy Duck (with a side-trip to The Weather) (June 21-23, 1923)

Second is Köln, third is Venice... totally lost on the first.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Took me a few days to get imgur sorted, so here's a double shot of Modesty Blaise:

For those looking to catch up: https://modestyblaise.shortspecialbus.com/
(thanks to shortspecialbus for putting this archive together!)

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Alley Oop

Baldo

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Judge Parker

Pickles by Brian Crane

Reply All

Rex Morgan MD

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Kavak posted:

Second is Köln, third is Venice... totally lost on the first.
Gotta be somewhere in Ireland because of the harp.

Hjalmar posted:

The Gonzo comic fits the bill, Gilchrist or no Gilchrist. Someone pointed out Krazy Kat though, and also Doonesbury, which is probably the one that fits the implied question best.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's Corto Maltese: Baron Corvo is a real poo poo-head, or THREE-HUNDRED-SIXTY-FIVE DEGREES!, or Böeke gets upset at Stevani

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

My Lovely Horse posted:

Gotta be somewhere in Ireland because of the harp.
Hill of Tara?

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Tiggum posted:

Pickles by Brian Crane

Huh, so the slump isn't just in the thread's imagination. Crane knows that he's been relying too hard on malapropisms and yelling at clouds.

My Lovely Horse posted:

The Gonzo comic fits the bill, Gilchrist or no Gilchrist. Someone pointed out Krazy Kat though, and also Doonesbury, which is probably the one that fits the implied question best.

Doonesbury has new Sundays? Kind of surprised no one posts them here although it's easy to guess why.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Baldo's sister is virching about cleaning up litter but she put a recyclable plastic bottle in the trash

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Oi! The MD-11 they had been flying on transmogrified into a 727!

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

If you REALLY wanted to help you'd toss that plastic bottle in a recycling bin instead, you smug, insufferable little poo poo.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Well, technically the Romans weren't wrong.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Fall behind the thread a few years and come back to Mary Worth looking wrong.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Transmodiar posted:

For those looking to catch up: https://modestyblaise.shortspecialbus.com/
(thanks to shortspecialbus for putting this archive together!)

On that note, the "missing" stories 1-6 are now posted! Those stories (and only those stories) won't be posted in the thread since they're about 60 stories back from where we are now, so if you'd like to read those, visit the quoted link!

Edit: the title card for "Uncle Happy" is :discourse:

ssb fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Feb 6, 2019

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Tiggum posted:

Boy, that Mike sure is a wacky character. You never know what he'll do next! Watch super hero movies, read super hero comics, play video games, or maybe talk about how much he loves super heroes and video games! There's no end to the possibilities! Can you imagine how wild and crazy his imagination must be?

Intelligent Life should just be Mike being Mike. Living with his Mom, talking to his cat, cos-playing super heroes. All of the other plots in this comic are a wreck but Mike is tolerable.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

fondue posted:

Intelligent Life should just be Mike being Mike. Living with his Mom, talking to his cat, cos-playing super heroes. All of the other plots in this comic are a wreck but Mike is tolerable.

Oh man and that Sheldon right? Bazinga hahahaha

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

Fall behind the thread a few years and come back to Mary Worth looking wrong.

?

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
A comedian on Twitter a few weeks ago noted that Brian Crane stole one of their jokes word for word and made it into a Sunday Pickles. He should really end the strip if he's that out of material.

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Sam's Strip 11/25/61

Ye Olde Foxtrot 5/15/88

Tarzan

Dilbert: Year One

So I get a weird sort of "John and Garfield" vibe off the early Dilbert and Dogbert strips. I wonder...

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN and oh, good. Another character.

Phoebe

Pure Magic

Curtis

A Problem Like Jamal

And just like that, we're caught up with Jamal. New strip runs Friday.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Glorified Scrivener posted:

Dilbert: Year One

So I get a weird sort of "John and Garfield" vibe off the early Dilbert and Dogbert strips. I wonder...

You brilliant monster, what have you done.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
God I hate the whole Garfield without Garfield thing. Garfield without speech bubbles make much more sense and is funnier

Android Blues
Nov 22, 2008

The difference is that classic Dilbert starts out dry and depressing, and just gets more melancholy when you remove the fantastical touch of a talking animal that represents Dilbert's inner voice.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Calaveron posted:

God I hate the whole Garfield without Garfield thing. Garfield without speech bubbles make much more sense and is funnier

Realfield is the best

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I'm more of a realfield man myself, though i can get down to some cupfield now and again.

and of course lasagna cat

e: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

a new username and avatar