Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

there's a good load of advice in the breakup thread fwiw

you're gonna get through this :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First attempt at going out and putting on a smile since breaking up after an 8 year relationship. Please find enclosed my best effort at cheering up for your kind perusal:

Breaking up sucks btw

The picture doesn't resolve for me, but best of luck nonetheless buddy!!

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Apologies, I'm apparently no better at imgur than I am at relationships ;)

Should be fixed

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

Duzzy Funlop posted:

First attempt at going out and putting on a smile since breaking up after an 8 year relationship. Please find enclosed my best effort at cheering up for your kind perusal:

Breaking up sucks btw

please tell your friend i loved him in stranger things

meanwhile, awoooooooo

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

I am thinking of ditching the glasses for a while and switching to contacts, but am not sure if I am ready to stop hiding behind them.

PurdWerfect
Aug 29, 2000

Got my hair shortened and I don't like that I did. I'm most comfortable as a shaggy beast of the field I guess.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Breaking up sucks btw

Same.

Took a twenty six hour round trip bus ride to see my son for his birthday six months after moving from Missouri to Michigan. This is two hours before I got back to Michigan on the goddamn Greyhound.

UwUnabomber has a new favorite as of 23:23 on Feb 2, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
I did 26 hours to Anaheim once on Greyhound.

Never again.

Teagan posted:

I am thinking of ditching the glasses for a while and switching to contacts, but am not sure if I am ready to stop hiding behind them.

Your eyes are perfect, if contacts are in the cards then go for it.

PurdWerfect posted:

Got my hair shortened and I don't like that I did. I'm most comfortable as a shaggy beast of the field I guess.

That's the great thing about hair: it usually grows back as before :v:

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.

Queen Combat posted:

I did 26 hours to Anaheim once on Greyhound.

Never again.

My favorite part was the white kid in a Christmas sweater on January 14th rapping about being, and I quote, "molested by witches" in a bus station. Then he got on the bus behind me. He showed me his crystal collection. I have one of those. I didn't bring it on the bus for some reason. Thankfully he kept the ukelele in the case.

"Where are you from, kid?"
"Portland."
Guess where I'm never going?

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Is it a mark of my upper middle class upbringing that I've never even considered greyhound or Amtrak to be travel options?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Dylanthulhu posted:

My favorite part was the white kid in a Christmas sweater on January 14th rapping about being, and I quote, "molested by witches" in a bus station. Then he got on the bus behind me. He showed me his crystal collection. I have one of those. I didn't bring it on the bus for some reason. Thankfully he kept the ukelele in the case.

"Where are you from, kid?"
"Portland."
Guess where I'm never going?

I’m visiting the Portland Art Museum right now.

It’s pretty decent for a small town.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
For me, I always viewed it as a travel option when you have A: not a lot of money, and B: time. So yeah, kinda makes sense. If you're working a standard 9-5 and get one vacation every two years or whatever this dystopian hellscape allots you, can't afford spending three cumulative days of it on travel.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

Is it a mark of my upper middle class upbringing that I've never even considered greyhound or Amtrak to be travel options?

Kinda.

I took the bus from Norfolk to NYC and I loving hated.
However the much shorter San Jose to Santa Cruz greyhound was cheap and short.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Like when I was planning my trip to San Fran for my surgery way back when I briefly considered Amtrak for the novelty factor but ultimately decided to just go virgin since it wasn't much more expensive and my mom was picking up the bill and I didn't want to have to deal with says of travel when I was exhausted and hurting post op.

(Plus having to deal with dilation in a cramped train bathroom? No thankyou.)

Watermelon Daiquiri has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Feb 3, 2019

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Dylanthulhu posted:

Same.

Took a twenty six hour round trip bus ride to see my son for his birthday six months after moving from Missouri to Michigan. This is two hours before I got back to Michigan on the goddamn Greyhound.

Whereabouts in Michigan? Do you want to go fishing

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Went to a wedding in Tucson. The groom (one of my best friends from high school) is a competitive weightlifter. The other groomsmen were all weightlifters (except one, who's a former Marine). Everyone at the bachelor party was a weightlifter.

I'm not. I lift, and I'm one of the bigger guys among my group of friends (mostly unassuming biology nerds), so it was an interesting experience to consistently be the smallest dude in the room.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Oh hai Mark

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

I took a greyhound from Nashville to Knoxville once, it wasn't too horrible but longer trips would kinda suck. My grandma on my dad's side used to always come visit us on the greyhound and we'd go pick her up at the station so I guess I was indoctrinated at a young age

There's also an Everclear song with the lyrics "got all drunk and sloppy on a greyhound bus, we passed out all them losers they were laughing at us"
So I always think of that when people mention it. I think they aren't doing that great and are having to cut back on routes last I heard. So, maybe not as much of an option!

Aschlafly
Jan 5, 2004

I identify as smart.
(But that doesn't make it so...)
Literally all I need for this year's Halloween costume is an empty plastic water bottle

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

Dixville posted:

I took a greyhound from Nashville to Knoxville once, it wasn't too horrible but longer trips would kinda suck. My grandma on my dad's side used to always come visit us on the greyhound and we'd go pick her up at the station so I guess I was indoctrinated at a young age

There's also an Everclear song with the lyrics "got all drunk and sloppy on a greyhound bus, we passed out all them losers they were laughing at us"
So I always think of that when people mention it. I think they aren't doing that great and are having to cut back on routes last I heard. So, maybe not as much of an option!

They are also having an issue with working their drivers past exhaustion and falling asleep at the wheel to meet deadlines.

I took a greyhound from Arizona back to Dallas and it was something like 36 hours. My friend and I took turns sleeping on the floor and seat in the back of the bus. I think we were down by the border at one point because border patrol got on and woke my friend (half Chinese half white) and asked if he was American.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

titties posted:

Whereabouts in Michigan? Do you want to go fishing

Belleville. And Hell yeah! Teach me to fish. You wanna get drunk on King Cobra and go to a grindcore show?

Slippery
May 16, 2004

Muscles Boxcar
I'm not anywhere near Michigan and I want to do those things :)

titties
May 10, 2012

Dylanthulhu posted:

Belleville.

Ouch, that's like 3.5 hours away

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

titties posted:

Ouch, that's like 3.5 hours away

Rats. Also this bottle deposit poo poo has got y'all convinced 2.60 is worth an extra trip to Meijer. And I work there. It ain't.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Aschlafly posted:

Literally all I need for this year's Halloween costume is an empty plastic water bottle
Start practicing how to do Wiseau's weird stroke eye with makeup and you'll be golden and also sorry if that was too mean.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
NEW GLASSES (again)

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Queen Combat posted:

NEW GLASSES (again)

Nice!

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord
Queen Combat @QueenCombat
Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Glasses $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying
Expand

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

"[b posted:

Craig[/b] @craigus12"]
spend less on glasses

no

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Amtrak is the poo poo for medium distance trips. I live in CT and my choices for going down to Washington DC a couple of years ago were flying, which would involve 90 minutes to the airport, however the gently caress long it takes to explain my laptop doesn't have a removable battery and probably subsequently get fisted by a TSA agent, 2 hours on the plane, and a cab ride to the hotel, or $80 for Amtrak that involves walking onto the train, plugging in my laptop, shitposting for 5 hours, and taking a 5 minute subway ride to the hotel. Also, having only previously experienced the NYC subway, the DC Metro is amazing and made me feel like a passenger rather than cargo.

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

still tryna be cute without makeup on
You're succeeding.

Sweet As Sin posted:

I am cripplingly shy when it comes to asking people out but I'm also terribly impatient
Either tell him "I'm going to kiss you now" or just set your relationship status on Facebook to in a relationship with him and let him figure it out from there.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm just jealous of people who actually have public transport. We don't even have greyhound here anymore and trains are luxury cruises.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I felt like it was a good day for a selfie at work.

And one with the hair back.

Also, Queen Combat, I get irrationally upset when you avatar doesn't display correctly.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Give me your hair.

Also, I made this for you

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Queen Combat posted:

Give me your hair.

Also, I made this for you

Nooooooooooooo (to both)

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

aaargh

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:hmmyes:

Teagan
Sep 20, 2002

Out here, everything hurts.

It is damned cold. I am going to take a nap.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

always glad to see you :)

titties
May 10, 2012

Always glad to take a nap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Teagan posted:

It is damned cold. I am going to take a nap.

you sure got a lotta ice in your ear