Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Huh, the Falcons released Matt Bryant.

He's older than god but still seemed pretty good from what I could tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
Not that I'm encouraging this, but the Bears should be calling him nonstop.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Did you know there is some scam league starting this weekend and it is on CBS? Blows my mind. Are you ready? For some "football"

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Elephanthead posted:

Did you know there is some scam league starting this weekend and it is on CBS? Blows my mind. Are you ready? For some "football"

Don't talk poo poo on the AAF.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3881121

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
HOTSHOTS GONNA RUN THE AAF BITCH

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Spoeank posted:

Apollos or GTFO

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
So who are the players on that leagues rosters? NFL washouts or college has beens?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

So who are the players on that leagues rosters? NFL washouts or college has beens?

There's a bunch of 'remember that guy?' guys from the NFL, but also guys who didn't make it as UDFAs or whatever.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Spoeank posted:

:hellyeah:

It's going to be 3 hours of Lil John "Shots" on loop

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

A nice mix of both. Teams are affiliated with NFL teams and colleges mostly based on region.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

It has Bishop Sankey, David Cobb, Josh Johnson, and Zac Stacy as featured players

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

It has Bishop Sankey, David Cobb, Josh Johnson, and Zac Stacy as featured players

Also, Christian Hackenberg.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I read a couple articles earlier that were talking about Josh Johnson like he wasn't on the roster anymore after Washington picked him up? Or is that just media not understanding what "offseason league" means for player availability?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

sean10mm posted:

This is just a brutal indictment of the Rams offensive game plan, holy poo poo.

http://www.sharpfootballanalysis.com/blog/2019/why-the-rams-lost-the-super-bowl

tl;dr: The Rams literally called plays that matched what the Patriots had been best at defending all year, and avoided calling plays that matched what the Patriots were bad at defending all year.

So are we saying it was the Rams scripted to lose by planning specifically to get beaten by the Patriots?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Uhmm Trent Richardson

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Watching Mic’d Up and Donald is a crazy person.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Spoeank posted:

Uhmm Trent Richardson

I was listing bad players not maligned superstars who weren't given a chance

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Anyone know how much the players are being paid?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Anyone know how much the players are being paid?

80k a year

Think they get 3 yr 250k contracts

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

weird Asian candy posted:

Think they get 3 yr 250k contracts

I think they're trying to lock guys into these too to prevent them from going to the XFL? Well lock them into prevent them from that specific league, if the NFL wants them they all have auto-outs where they can sign with whoever.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Just 80k for that physical abuse is sad. Which of course makes college football look even worse.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I was listing bad players not maligned superstars who weren't given a chance

Never forget

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Spoeank posted:

Never forget

I want to see the video of this.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Just 80k for that physical abuse is sad. Which of course makes college football look even worse.

It's not great, but the season is at least shorter (10 weeks) and 80k a year would be a pretty phenomenal upgrade for the average American household. It's peanuts compared to the NFL but let's not pretend it's a pittance.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I think that’s pretty much in line with the average CFL salary.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I want to see the video of this.

Ask and ye shall receive

http://www.nfl.com/videos/oakland-raiders/0ap3000000510498/Richardson-misses-huge-hole-gets-stuffed-at-3-yard-line

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

My friend here in LA works at LAX.

When the Rams flew back the air traffic controllers sent the plane/pilot a message. This is absolutely true.

It's savage.

It said “Rams 1st touchdown brought to you by the LAX ATC”

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

kiimo posted:

My friend here in LA works at LAX.

When the Rams flew back the air traffic controllers sent the plane/pilot a message. This is absolutely true.

It's savage.

It said “Rams 1st touchdown brought to you by the LAX ATC”

:perfect:

:thurman:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Strobe posted:

It's not great, but the season is at least shorter (10 weeks) and 80k a year would be a pretty phenomenal upgrade for the average American household. It's peanuts compared to the NFL but let's not pretend it's a pittance.

Nah, it's pretty loving bad.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
The best QB in AAF is Aaron Murray so get ready for some poo poo

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

void the super bowl imo

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
The ever humble Andrew Hawkins is getting a movie made about him and I can't wait

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1093193616342712320

Edit: IT BEGINS!

https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2019/02/04/report-gregg-williams-and-adam-gase-already-clashed-over-dcs-son/

quote:

Adam Gase and Gregg Williams have only been working together for a few weeks, but there’s already some friction between them.

According to ESPN’s Rich Cimini, Williams was not happy that Gase and general manager Mike Maccagnan didn’t want to hire Blake Williams, the defensive coordinator’s son. However, both came around and the Jets are expected to hire him as a defensive coach.

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Feb 7, 2019

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

The best QB in AAF is Aaron Murray so get ready for some poo poo

The AAF isn't dependent on the QB like other lovely leagues

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

you mean they don't throw the ball?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/bovadaofficial/status/1093295152515420160?s=21

A dog and his man
Jan 24, 2019

by R. Guyovich
OMG think of the payout!

$2.00 ....Nooooooo!

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

The Athletic has a good article about Julius Peppers from a couple days ago. Here's one of the best bits:

Jordan Gross former Panthers LT posted:

The very first pass play of my NFL career, trying to block someone live, is against Julius Peppers. It was a dropback. And I remember he came — I was thinking he’s quick, he’s fast, he jukes, be ready for anything — and he came with a 23-year-old Julius Peppers’ bull rush and knocked me flat on to my back. Not even my rear end, (but my) back. He just sent me flying. I’d never felt anything like that. Like how quickly he got on me with how much power. He was the No. 2 pick the year before. I was the No. 8 pick. The whole team erupted. And I couldn’t do anything. I got up and I remember (thinking), I can’t block this. This is impossible. And as Pep would do, he didn’t say a word. He went back (to the defensive side). It really was the perfect introduction to what the job would be to block him and others in the NFL.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1093540222724464641

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Can you imagine how clinched their cheeks were at that last useless field goal attempt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Indy apparently hired Howard Mudd as OL coach:

https://twitter.com/TerezPaylor/status/1093542327220621314

I remember he was well thought of but I think he's been out of coaching for 7 years now or something.

e: Oops senior offensive assistant, not OL coach. So maybe not that big of a deal since no one knows what senior offensive assistants do.