Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Libertad! posted:

Are we presuming that being Mormon means being pro-Trump?Trump hammered Romney's religion pretty hard back in 2012.

But this is a pretty "out there" portrait, I'll give you that.
Mormons were one of the few groups who actually had some semblance of genuine moral outrage at Trump being an irreligious thrice-married serial rapist. And the Church went further than it's normally willing to go in not-so-subtly telling people who they should vote for. They told people to vote for Evan McMullin, who is a worse human being than Trump.

Nonetheless, Nevada went for Trump by a huge margin, because most Mormons aren't actually all that different from far-right evangelical Protestants, and they love Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Halloween Jack posted:

Mormons were one of the few groups who actually had some semblance of genuine moral outrage at Trump being an irreligious thrice-married serial rapist. And the Church went further than it's normally willing to go in not-so-subtly telling people who they should vote for. They told people to vote for Evan McMullin, who is a worse human being than Trump.

Nonetheless, Nevada went for Trump by a huge margin, because most Mormons aren't actually all that different from far-right evangelical Protestants, and they love Trump.

Mormons are largely out of Utah, not Nevada. A bit less than 40% of mormons actually didn't vote for Trump, which is pretty surprising all told.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Yeah an independent Mormon candidate got 21% of the got in 2016 Utah.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I watched that hosed up abducted in plain sight documentary and I wonder how much of that story has actually been covered up by the LDS

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Plutonis posted:

I watched that hosed up abducted in plain sight documentary and I wonder how much of that story has actually been covered up by the LDS

Yeah the LDS organization is uh not loving great

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
my spouse's uncle was murdered partly because he was gay and mormon

he worked at nintendo

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Iron Heroes d20.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Covok posted:

Iron Heroes d20.

put a dollar in the swear jar

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Castles & Crusaders d20

kingcom
Jun 23, 2012

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Dungeon World d20.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Deadlands D20

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
This has gone beyond the level of an ordinary D20. I call it, the D30.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I thought analog technology was liked due to not being on the grid, so to speak. Like paper money vs credits. Hell we're at the event horizon of an awful technofuture and we still are based on analog phone tech

In Shadowrun specifically, that's one of the nightmares called out in the earlier editions. The Matrix all runs on fiber-optics, but the local telecom grids are a mish-mash of fiber, copper, and satcoms depending on which government or corp was running them at the moment, and which got vastly more unreliable as you moved out into the Barrens.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Imagine... Exalted d20.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
A Quiet Year d20

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
D&D D20

Classes include Actual Designer, Bad Novelist, Dancey, Grognard, and The Moon.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

gradenko_2000 posted:

A Quiet Year d20

Monte Cook presents:
A quiet Wizard, a straight-line revamped and expanded upon version of classic "A Quiet Year" with a unique twist.
One playe gets to say "Nee Nee" at the end and redraw the whole map as they choose. Also they defeat the Frost Sheperds.
This unique special addition will surely serve to enlighten and enhance the game to new and previously unreached heights....

[/sarcasm]

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Fiasco d20

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
BESM d20

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Kobolds Ate My d20?

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

dccd20

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

FATE d20

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

d20d20

e: d202d

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!
Burning Wheel d20

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*
2d20 2 furious

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

D20 D6 Star Wars.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
d20 Lasers and Feelings

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

remusclaw posted:

D20 D6 Star Wars.

Star Wars Saga is the best Star Wars game I played, definitely better than the Fantasy Flight stuff.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Joe Slowboat posted:

Imagine... Exalted d20.

Godbound

Sort of

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
D20 GURPS Vampire: the Masquerade (20th Anniversary Edition)

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Star Wars Saga is the best Star Wars game I played, definitely better than the Fantasy Flight stuff.

I really like how the game was put together, and the way the classes were supposed to interact in it, but I don't know that it actually works any better in the end than the previous D20 efforts did. It was a really cool idea though.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Covok posted:

Godbound

Sort of

The d20 elements serve almost entirely to make Godbound worse lol

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Plutonis posted:

drat straight

Haystack
Jan 23, 2005

Jeepform d20

hyphz
Aug 5, 2003

Number 1 Nerd Tear Farmer 2022.

Keep it up, champ.

Also you're a skeleton warrior now. Kree.
Unlockable Ben

FMguru posted:

Misunderestimating mobile communication technology could be said to be on-brand for the cyberpunk genre - Neuromancer famously had sapient AIs, space cities, brain-computer interfaces, vat-grown enhanced organ transplants - and banks of pay phones.

It’s also that cellphones totally gently caress up the cyberpunk feeling. Like 90% of traditional data theft missions come down to “we find the right guy and mug him for his cellphone”.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

hyphz posted:

It’s also that cellphones totally gently caress up the cyberpunk feeling. Like 90% of traditional data theft missions come down to “we find the right guy and mug him for his cellphone”.

Nah you just do what modern classified computer systems do: make them freak the gently caress out if you try to copy data off them or plug in unauthorized devices. It makes the data theft less about ‘find the right slot’ but replaces it with it more social engineering for override codes/theft of authorized devices.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Halloween Jack posted:

D20 GURPS Vampire: the Masquerade (20th Anniversary Edition)

I have a perverse love for GURPS WoD despite, or perhaps because, of how dumb the whole concept is. One day I'll play one of those drat things.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

Nah you just do what modern classified computer systems do: make them freak the gently caress out if you try to copy data off them or plug in unauthorized devices. It makes the data theft less about ‘find the right slot’ but replaces it with it more social engineering for override codes/theft of authorized devices.

If you're in a secure facility those computers are wildly secure. Cds / dvds only, i dont even think the computers have functional usbs. Then its a matter of smuggling out a cd, but good luck because they log everything. So you bring in two cds but hide one on you. Then bring a tiny portable dvd burner and make a copy then hand the cd back and say nevermind while you walk out with the secret copy. I think it might be easier to smuggle in a tiny camera and record the screen. I dont think the doors have those magnetic data wipers like hackers lol but that would be cool.

Any system is only as secure as the people in charge, so its probably easier to just social engineer something lol

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

Antivehicular posted:

I have a perverse love for GURPS WoD despite, or perhaps because, of how dumb the whole concept is. One day I'll play one of those drat things.
I mean I don't like GURPS, but LOL at teenage me for preferring Storyteller to all these other old, clunky, poorly-balanced systems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

I mean I don't like GURPS, but LOL at teenage me for preferring Storyteller to all these other old, clunky, poorly-balanced systems

Storyteller was one of the best options of its time and it's still a solid system today as long as you keep to its strong points