Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Magnusth posted:

AAAAAAAA I got funded! My game about hunting giant monsters will definitely be a thing!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325743523/titan-hunt if you're interested! Aaaaaaa

Congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

We have just reached peak KS! WE MADE IT!

The Period Game, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/periodgame/the-period-game

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

djfooboo posted:

We have just reached peak KS! WE MADE IT!

The Period Game, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/periodgame/the-period-game

As the father of a pre-teen girl, this looks like an educational game about an important topic with decent production values and some play-testing.

What am I missing? Ew girls?

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Yeah that seems pretty legit

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Yeah, seems fine to me. My major concern would be that the target audience (pubescent girls) would feel awkward playing it, but if the testimonials are accurate, it seems to be working as designed. Good for them.

Mr.Misfit
Jan 10, 2013

The time for
SkellyBones
has come!

Magnusth posted:

AAAAAAAA I got funded! My game about hunting giant monsters will definitely be a thing!
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325743523/titan-hunt if you're interested! Aaaaaaa

Yay, something I backed is happening ^^

screech on the beach
Mar 9, 2004

MrFlibble posted:

Just back for Usagi dawg. I'm in it for him and the deviations turtles, unless they announce something kick rear end in the last 48 hours because my money is also tight but I am a child inside.

Also its the 35th anniversary of UY and Sakai is working on something for it, although i'm fairly sure its not kickstarter related.

I was really excited until I saw that stretch goals are locked behind a $250 paywall. Don’t care for that business model IMO.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

screech on the beach posted:

I was really excited until I saw that stretch goals are locked behind a $250 paywall. Don’t care for that business model IMO.

I completely agree. Its even worse than normal in this case because they're actually doing 2 stand alone independent games and forcing you to get both if you want some pretty popular characters. On the other hand:

Which is why i'm just backing for the usagi box and the deviations box.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Subjunctive posted:

What am I missing? Ew girls?

I'm saying KS is made for games like this where there is no way a real company Dolla Dolla Bills Yo would have made it. Periods are cool and good in my book.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

djfooboo posted:

I'm saying KS is made for games like this where there is no way a real company Dolla Dolla Bills Yo would have made it. Periods are cool and good in my book.

Oh, then I apologize for misreading your post!

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
BFF is complete. Along with Sassoon files. Every game is giving early February updates at Sam’s.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Golden Bee posted:

BFF is complete. Along with Sassoon files. Every game is giving early February updates at Sam’s.

unrelated, but I totally bought that golden bee in your avatar at a marshall's for 16 dollars for my mom for her birthday when I was like 5 years old because I liked bugs and wanted to get her a bug-related thing and thought a piece of tacky jewelry would be perfect, I haven't thought of that thing in decades

Ettin
Oct 2, 2010
Kickstarter is doing Zine Quest, a month where they encourage people to crowdfund some old-school RPG zines. A good time to get your zine on :toot:

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

That sounds real interesting. I'm kinda slightly tempted to brush up my old Shadowrun stuff and put together a thing. I still remember KA*GE.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 8, 2019

Ate My Balls Redux
Aug 2, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MrFlibble posted:

I completely agree. Its even worse than normal in this case because they're actually doing 2 stand alone independent games and forcing you to get both if you want some pretty popular characters.

It's also lovely because they did a KS a couple years back for another TMNT game in the same style of play and promised they'd be expanding on it with City Fall. I blew a bunch on the Works edition of that and now it'll be obsolete.

(Still in at the 250 level because I am a TMNT sucker)

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Steve Jackson re-releasing their Pocket Games line.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sjgames/pocket-box-games-of-the-eighties?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=steve%20jackson%20games

I was tempted until I remembered I haven't done a thing with all the OGRE stuff I bought.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Failson posted:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/sjgames/pocket-box-games-of-the-eighties?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=steve%20jackson%20games

I was tempted until I remembered I haven't done a thing with all the OGRE stuff I bought.

Are they RPGs or actual board games?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Failson posted:

Oh poo poo I used to love these! I got an insane amount of play out of the Car Wars one.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

The_Doctor posted:

Board games.

Car Wars always had the notion of "campaign play" that straddled the line between board game and RPG (the Convoy solo adventure available in the Kickstarter kind of emphasizes that old-school vagueness) but generally was just played as a board game.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

The_Doctor posted:

Mostly board games. Undead can be an RPG too.

Really, unless you have some serious nostalgia for 80s pocket games, you’d probably be better off buying the new version of Ogre and possibly waiting for the Car Wars Kickstarter. I’m not saying the games are bad, but the only thing they’ve redesigned is the boxes. I say this as a huge SJ fan.

E: holy poo poo if (when) they hit 100k they are going to also include die cut counter sheets. Fuuuuuuuck you Steve don’t make me tempted to rebuy all my pocket games. :argh:

Doctor Zero fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 8, 2019

Hauki
May 11, 2010

I mean I have some nostalgia for jamming out car wars between meatier games, but not like, $200 worth of nostalgia

Bloody Pancreas
Feb 21, 2008

The newest expansion + big box for Millenium Blades is out and I'm curious what ppl think of the game. Apparently this newest expansion changes a few key features to make the gameplay better.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

MBlades is my jam, I have never turned down a game and request it often. It's a frantic good time. I'll buy everything they print for the game.

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Pancreas posted:

The newest expansion + big box for Millenium Blades is out and I'm curious what ppl think of the game. Apparently this newest expansion changes a few key features to make the gameplay better.

It is a mess to actually get to the table but once it's there it is a hell of a lot of fun. I'm hoping this storage box they make will help with that.

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009
Worth noting, apparently they are not planning on bringing Collusion to retail and while it will be available directly through their store after KS fulfillment, it sounds like they will only be stocking the remaining copies from the KS print run.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

The Pocket Box Kickstarter is great; a pocket sized copy of Ogre and GEV are great things to have around for pickup games.

This could be great,a PbtA about labor organizing. It's funded.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/346468029/beat-the-boss

The only possible down side is not having to use Spire as my go to revolutionaries game.

HidaO-Win
Jun 5, 2013

"And I did it, because I was a man who had exhausted reason and thus turned to magicks"

LatwPIAT posted:

Out of curiosity, which kind of cyberpunk? The strongly 80s retrofuture kind, GitS-y high-tech near future, Person of Interest immediate future, focusing on Shadowrun-style corporate raids, mysteries, high concept thematic exploration, just being a rad cyborg with bigger numbers than whoever you're beating up...?

I'd actually like a cyberpunk RPG with an ability to do most of that. The way I'd structure it is to have two progression pathways for characters, Abilities and Gear. So if you go deep into abilities you get characters who can do Person of Interest shenanigans and if you advance more along gear you can get more over the top combat. The type of missions you do will reward either type of reward. I'd also be fond of the two advancement types feeling different. So Abilities might progress off a talent tree or grid, spending XP as you go, whereas I'd do gear in slots, with gear connecting for bonuses. I also think both Advancement and Shopping should involve a short minigame that can be its own phase in the RPG, where interesting stuff happens and minor bonuses can be accrued, like a choice between cheaper gear and a mission unlock with a bigger gear reward.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
To anyone on the fence, Jordan Draper's second Tokyo Series Kickstarter only has 48 hours left, and he's doing a live stream RIGHT NOW showing off all the new games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jordandraper/tokyo-series-tabletop-games

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

jivjov posted:

To anyone on the fence, Jordan Draper's second Tokyo Series Kickstarter only has 48 hours left, and he's doing a live stream RIGHT NOW showing off all the new games

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/jordandraper/tokyo-series-tabletop-games

TSUKIJI MARKET is supet appealling but not at that price point

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

I really wish Hyperspace had just printed 4-6 different colors of generic spaceship minis instead of insisting on every civ having bespoke minis. I would love to play that game, but I'm not paying $70-120 for an incomplete product, and I sure as hell am not dropping $300 on mostly spaceship minis.

:sigh:

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

Remora posted:

I really wish Hyperspace had just printed 4-6 different colors of generic spaceship minis instead of insisting on every civ having bespoke minis. I would love to play that game, but I'm not paying $70-120 for an incomplete product, and I sure as hell am not dropping $300 on mostly spaceship minis.

It's Sandy Petersen Games. Ridiculous miniature overproduction inflating the cost of a game by 300+% is kind of their stock in trade. Alas. (Not that it's been true for every game of theirs and at first when I looked at Hyperspace I thought it was one of their cheap ones. Noooot so much.)

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

So, my kickstater is still going on. It's a fate based game about murdering giant monsters, protecting and growing from your community, and just generally being a cool monster hunter.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1325743523/titan-hunt
If you're interested - or just want to help a fellow goon - go have a look, or Tweet about it or something!

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

Remora posted:

It doesn't help that the game is so ugly

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Magnusth posted:

So, my kickstater is still going on. It's a fate based game about murdering giant monsters, protecting and growing from your community, and just generally being a cool monster hunter.
If you're interested - or just want to help a fellow goon - go have a look, or Tweet about it or something!

How much into the building do you need to be? Can you one-shot monster fight?

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chekans 3 16 posted:

It is a mess to actually get to the table but once it's there it is a hell of a lot of fun. I'm hoping this storage box they make will help with that.

They are simplifying the store (different stacks for the "standard" cards and the mixed up sets) which totally make it easier to bring out. I'm looking forward to trying it out!

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Magnusth posted:

Can you tell me about the Titan Slayer backer level? Like what’s the scope of it? I’m tempted but I’m trying to figure out if it would be an entire encounter, or village, or just like one trap?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Mojo Jojo posted:

It doesn't help that the game is so ugly

Petersen games truly are a land of contrasts. Unlike a lot of minis-centric kickstarters I hear the gameplay is usually actually really good. Also unlike a lot of minis-centric kickstarters I find most of the minis really unappealing.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Petersen games? Have they made any board games of note beside the surprisingly good Cthulhu Wars?

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Bombadilillo posted:

How much into the building do you need to be? Can you one-shot monster fight?

I'm having a hard time parsing this question, but i think you're either asking 'can you run a oneshot' or 'can you defeat a titan in one shot'
The answer to the first question is Yes, easily; i've done so in the past. The answer to the second question is no. Even if you rolled rediculously well, blew all your free invokes and fate points, Titan fights come in two stages, and in the second one the monster has several seperate stress tracks that need beating.

Doctor Zero posted:

Can you tell me about the Titan Slayer backer level? Like what’s the scope of it? I’m tempted but I’m trying to figure out if it would be an entire encounter, or village, or just like one trap?

It's generally bigger than just a trap, unless you really just have a sweet idea for a trap. Think... 'a cool set piece'. That can range from 'i want them to meet a village of lizard people who don't speak their language but they have to negotiate with' to 'They should get attacked by fire-breathing lions' to 'so what if the monster has destroyed their path and they have to go through a creepy ruin where ghosts gently caress with them'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malkav11
Aug 7, 2009

golden bubble posted:

Petersen games? Have they made any board games of note beside the surprisingly good Cthulhu Wars?

Depends on what you consider "of note". Also for that matter, what you consider "made". I think Cthulhu Wars is their only fairly high-profile game that's actually released and hit tables, although they've also made something called Dicenstein, a card game called Theomachy, the Orcs Must Die boardgame, and the Cthulhu-themed worker placement game Evil High Priest shipped recently. They've also Kickstarted Glorantha: The Gods' War, a sort of evolution of Cthulhu Wars based on the other big IP that Chaosium used to hold, Planet Apocalypse, a coop defense game with a Hell-on-future-earth theme (a bit Doom, now that I think on it) and are currently Kickstarting Hyperspace, an asymmetric tabletop 4X that prompted the discussion. Most of these have a shitload of expensive minis, but not Evil High Priest and I assume not Dicenstein or Theomachy.