Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

loquacius posted:

Why on Earth did this Kelly show up in C-SPAM before ITT

You know, when posting Kelly you're supposed to also post the title of the cartoon

Dem Good Looking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Shugojin posted:

I thought using your own blood was just something athletes were doing to make it so you can't just do a DNA test and say "hmmm looks like more than one person in here" and that you could do it with any blood type that your body will accept.

That's why they use there own blood, yes. Blood doping just temporarily increases your circulating red blood cells, which in turns allows you to make a longer sustained effort since your blood will more quickly carry oxygen and remove waste products from tissues. Your body qill quickly return to normal afterwords since reb blood cells breakdown quickly and they extra ones won't be replaced. It's not Elizabeth Báthory bathing in the blood of virgins for eternal life as Thiel seems to think.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

I dont know posted:

That's why they use there own blood, yes. Blood doping just temporarily increases your circulating red blood cells, which in turns allows you to make a longer sustained effort since your blood will more quickly carry oxygen and remove waste products from tissues. Your body qill quickly return to normal afterwords since reb blood cells breakdown quickly and they extra ones won't be replaced. It's not Elizabeth Báthory bathing in the blood of virgins for eternal life as Thiel seems to think.

I also feel like you probably want to be somewhat careful how often and how much you do that, yes? I feel like every time you're doing it you are putting some stress on your body's ability to clear the poo poo those extra cells dump into your system as they lyse.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Feinne posted:

I also feel like you probably want to be somewhat careful how often and how much you do that, yes? I feel like every time you're doing it you are putting some stress on your body's ability to clear the poo poo those extra cells dump into your system as they lyse.

IIRC there will be a harmful buildup of excess iron that would have to be be chelated out to prevent it from accumulating in your heart and liver if you receive regular transfusions?

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Feinne posted:

This is also a good point. Blood doping carries a degree of risk even for elite level athletes in their late teens and early twenties. If you don't have the liver and kidney clearance of an Adontis you can get yourself into trouble. And in extreme cases the doping itself can raise viscosity of blood and cause circulatory failure.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

I'm okay with Peter Thiel dying during a round of botched chelation therapy. It'll be good for the Republic.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

It's be even better if the death tax was reinstated first.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Does anyone have the cartoon that talks about what statues would be in the hall of cartoonist fame and how Ted Rall's would be in the bathroom?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Jay Rust posted:

What the hell is Tinsley talking about
"Dems bad"
Too many candidates?? LOL Dems in disarray! Not enough candidates? LOL Dems have no one!
*Ramirez "Deep Republican bench/just Democrat Biden the cheerleader" comic*
Lub+Bors looking mighty nervous there...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Cloks posted:

Does anyone have the cartoon that talks about what statues would be in the hall of cartoonist fame and how Ted Rall's would be in the bathroom?

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Someone didn’t like Maus.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
I love that a good cartoonist's parody of Rall's style is so much better drawn than anything Rall has done himself.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Yeah. Pee-rall has an identifiable expression on his stupid face.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

lol so this is where that avatar is coming from.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

KillerQueen posted:

Someone didn’t like Maus.

Note that Hellman's letter was in response to Rall publishing a bitchy screed in the Village Voice attacking Spiegelman. According to Rall, Spiegelman was using his post-Maus fame and connections to rule the alt-comics world, dispensing favors on undeserving artists who were, surprise, Not Ted Rall.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

betaraywil posted:

Yeah. Pee-rall has an identifiable expression on his stupid face.

ponzicar posted:

I love that a good cartoonist's parody of Rall's style is so much better drawn than anything Rall has done himself.

That's because Art Spiegelman actually has talent.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Note that Hellman's letter was in response to Rall publishing a bitchy screed in the Village Voice attacking Spiegelman. According to Rall, Spiegelman was using his post-Maus fame and connections to rule the alt-comics world, dispensing favors on undeserving artists who were, surprise, Not Ted Rall.

Yeah, the feeling I get from that excerpt is "hey he's never gonna be huge the way the true titans of the industry are and that's sad but kind of okay, most of us won't be, his work is still important and worthy of recognition and those who know will honour him, also, Rall is a piece of poo poo and no-one likes him except as a punching bag."

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

ponzicar posted:

Nineties Rall had a smidge of artistic style, or at least definitely compared to where it has evolved to now:

Sample from start of his archive, on 1996 election:

AngrySpork
Nov 9, 2003

The most powerful voice in gaming

Somfin posted:

H8KU, one of the Nazi circle, just got determined as hateful on Twitter. No actual punishment yet.

I don't know why I decided to look up that nazi's twitter account. Now I am just angry.

Karnegal posted:

To be fair, if you take it with an androgen blocker, you can halt facial hair development in new areas, assuming you aren't at full beard status already

Is there an opposite to this? (i.e. FIX MY GOD drat PATCHY BEARD)?

AngrySpork fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Feb 7, 2019

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

“THE GINSBURG SIGHTING”

Ruth Bader Ginsburg has become as elusive as the mysterious Sasquatch.

Recently Democrats claimed RGB was spotted in public last week at a concert given by her daughter-in-law and other musicians.

In this age of ubiquitous smart phone photo taking, no snaps–discreet or otherwise–were taken. The easy excuse proffered was, ‘Cameras were not allowed at the event.’ Nobody photographed her outside the event, either. Maybe the 85 year-old Supreme Court Justice was beamed directly into her chair.

A Washington(com) Post reporter claimed a number of Democrats phoned him. Each swore she was there, “It’s true, RGB lives and looks fabulous!” The reporter is beyond reproach because the Post said he was. The old and now discredited fake news dinosaur media rag, now run by Dr. Evil himself, (Jeff Bezos), then proceeded to label doubters as ‘conspiracy theorists.’ Here’s a snippet of wisdom designed to convince us of Ginsburg’s presence:

“. . . A falsehood has been spreading in dark corners of the Internet that Ginsburg is dead — and in the hours after Barnes published his report, conspiracy theorists pelted him with their doubt-mongering. Photos were not allowed at the event, so one of the doubters emailed Barnes 21 questions about Ginsburg’s appearance — the size of her security detail, what gender they were, for example — telling Barnes that if he did not answer every single one of them, it would be a sign his article was not to be believed. . . .”

OOoooo! “Dark corners!” Doubters like me who aren’t ‘official’ or ‘reliable’ journalists get called ‘conspiracy theorists’ because we doubt the official narratives created by the CIA and other ‘authorities!’ In this case, that Ginsburg is not in a sick bed dying of cancer or already dead, but rather very much alive—kicking rear end and taking names. She could have shown up at the SOTU address to remove all doubt, but she despises Trump. The Democrats applaud her for her ‘resistance.’ So brave!

I began my newspaper career right after college and one constant I noticed in newsrooms was this: Cynicism. Some of the best editors and reporters I knew were skeptics and cynics, aka ‘doubt mongers’ who constantly questioned what they were told. They investigated. They verified. They double-checked. Not any more—a dozen people paid by Soros can call up a newspaper and confirm that what was handed to an editor by the CIA is double-plus true! We should all question whether or not the Deep State is planting stories and rounding up citizen actors to carry out their latest false flag bunk and now, outrageously, they also want to make sure we aren’t allowed to even question said bunk! They got away with whitewashing the Kennedy assassination and now they think they can foist endless lies upon the public as a result. As long as it comes from an ‘authority’ like the government, Walter Cronkite, or The Washington Post, it has to be believed, right? Wrong.

As for my ‘dark corner,’ it’s currently a very cold, forested, and snowy section of Montana. It’s here that I maintain my right to question everything I hear from the Deep State mainstream propaganda media. Sure, Ginsburg may indeed be alive and doing cartwheels down Main Street, but I demand better evidence than what the Washington Post throws on lawns.

After all, they once ran an article in which I was smeared as being a KKK member. They did retract it when I threatened to sue them, but it woke me up.

I’m not all that hard to contact, but they didn’t even bother to verify such an outlandish accusation. Instead, it was easier for them to print a blatant lie in order to attack conservatives. It’s what passes for journalism these days in the dark corners of the biggest blue cities.

—Ben Garrison

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

RBG could absolutely beat the poo poo out of Garrison

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Oh good, so there is now a "Ruth Bader Ginsberg is secretly dead" conspiracy?

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on EU frustration with UK political leaders – The president of the European council has said there is a ‘special place in hell’ for politicians who promoted Brexit without a plan" After Bosch.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Do not let children take electronic devices into bedrooms, say doctors

Independent:

Brexit deal may not be put to MPs until late March, officials say

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Who'll succeed John Humphrys

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

This could make for some Good material...

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Selachian posted:

Somfin posted:

Yeah, the feeling I get from that excerpt is "hey he's never gonna be huge the way the true titans of the industry are and that's sad but kind of okay, most of us won't be, his work is still important and worthy of recognition and those who know will honour him, also, Rall is a piece of poo poo and no-one likes him except as a punching bag."

Thank you both for clarifying!
Wait, so Rall was doing the whole this-Jewish-person-controls-my-industry thing? Great.

Raised By Birds posted:

This has actually been going a while, and I think is in fact a recurring one that comes to the fore whenever it's been a while since she's made major public appearances.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Raised By Birds posted:

This from a cartoonist who's slavishly devoted to a guy who lives in terror of the country learning his real height and weight.

KillerQueen posted:

Thank you both for clarifying!
Wait, so Rall was doing the whole this-Jewish-person-controls-my-industry thing? Great.

It gets sillier than that. As a joke, Hellman wrote a fake e-mail in Rall's style (from "Rallsballs@onelist.net") and circulated it around the NYC comix scene. How do you think Rall responded?

If you said, "Filed a libel suit for $1.5 million in damages," congratulations, you may be Ted Rall.

That's why the Spiegelman drawing has "Legal Action Comics" at the bottom -- Hellman and some friends did fundraising comics to pay for his defense. The suit eventually ground to a halt when Rall's lawyer died, although as far as I know it's still on the books.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

KillerQueen posted:

so Rall was

Rall's list of excuses is endless, his lack of self-awareness is legendary, and his research skills are pitiful. He probably isn't aware he was a flabby white dude claiming a Jewish person has undue power and control and how that looks.

Although, he does do a lot of "I bet you so-called leftists would loooooove Hitler if" thinkpieces...

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Zyklon Ben posted:

We should all question whether or not the Deep State is planting stories and rounding up citizen actors to carry out their latest false flag bunk

what the gently caress is this bullshit now

"rounding up citizen actors"

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Cat Mattress posted:

I think he means “round up” as in “recruit,” not as in “arrest.” Like they’re actively recruiting crisis actors.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jurgan posted:

I think he means “round up” as in “recruit,” not as in “arrest.” Like they’re actively recruiting crisis actors.

Famously, crisis actors have to be different for every faked event.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)

Cat Mattress posted:

You know. Like.. people. People who behave in ways. Ways contradictory to what Ben believes is normal behavior. So clearly they must be actors. Some kind of NPC who doesn't think for themselves.

All right leaning media has essentially become propaganda for true believers. Ignore your friends and neighbors, they're agents for the State of the Deep!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Raised By Birds posted:

Yep. Guess what community the theory started it.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chip Bok posted:

I never expected President Trump’s speech to have the new Democratic congresswomen high fiving and chanting “U.S.A., U.S.A.” But he did. The president brought the ladies in white to their feet by proclaiming there are more women in Congress now than ever before. (He didn’t mention that they’re Democrats.) Then they quickly sat down when he promised to build the wall. But back up when he announced plans for paid family leave. And back down again when he slammed late term abortion.

Nancy Pelosi seemed to conduct the State of the Union performance from her perch behind Trump. She showed boredom by reading from oversized sheets of paper while he spoke. And when he blasted political investigations she frowned at the back of his head. She also tamped down outbursts from the Democratic congresswomen. And when it was time to stand up and cheer she inscrutably clapped her hands like a seal.

And then there's this thing.
https://twitter.com/RobSmithJr/status/1093634590735065088

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Don't you loving dare ever compare yourself to Charles Schulz you piece of poo poo :argh:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

Somfin posted:

Famously, crisis actors have to be different for every faked event.

I forget if it was Colbert or the Daily Show found a real actor being paid to go around to town hall meetings and pretend to care deeply about local far-right political causes. Turns out almost every time the right claims the left is doing a thing they are just projecting.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

This is stupid but I just wanted to say the actual art of the donkeys is terrifying. :stare:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

When was the first "Crisis Actor" conspiracy theory anyway? I recall after 9/11 people claiming that all the passengers on the hijacked planes (or at least United 93) got off on the tarmac at an unscheduled stop so the empty planes with fuel tanks added could be flown into the towers/Pentagon. Then the passengers who got off.... just went away and lived under different names?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Jerusalem posted:

When was the first "Crisis Actor" conspiracy theory anyway? I recall after 9/11 people claiming that all the passengers on the hijacked planes (or at least United 93) got off on the tarmac at an unscheduled stop so the empty plans with fuel tanks added could be flown into the towers/Pentagon. Then the passengers who got off.... just went away and lived under different names?

It never makes sense because it’s a coping mechanism. Instead of looking at the world as this scary place they have no control over, it’s all an elaborate puzzle and only they have the pieces. It doesn’t have to make sense to you, because the fact that it doesn’t makes them feel superior.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Selachian posted:

Also, Spiegelman drew that cartoon, so he’s probably okay with it.

Also also, his relationship with Maus is complicated, as I think at one point he felt guilt over getting a degree of fame over his parents’ and people’s suffering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
John Dingell passed away, he held the record for longest serving Congressman. He was also a fantastic Twitter shitposter. Get ready for the obit toons.