Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

counterspin posted:

I love Fiona and my immediate response was that I could get into Mercs, but my recent frustrations with there not being any communication from PP about updates to the pigs half of Minions stuff makes me not want to put money into a faction with an undefined release schedule.

If you even think you might be annoyed by that, steer well loving clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

counterspin posted:

I love Fiona and my immediate response was that I could get into Mercs, but my recent frustrations with there not being any communication from PP about updates to the pigs half of Minions stuff makes me not want to put money into a faction with an undefined release schedule.

To be fair Talion Charter (the Pirates/Fiona theme) is in CID right now which means that they have more than a few models coming out soon. A new caster, some new jacks, and a handful of solos.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

I had high hopes when they announced whatever the smaller board version was when MKIII started. It was supposed to play faster. Then we tried it and were disappointed.

I would really be interested in a much smaller model count, more skirmish style version.

What I really want is an additional set of cards where individual models/units do more things/have more options and you take way fewer figs in total. The current game just seems too much right now. Oh well.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I think a big chunk of that feeling comes from having to individually manage each model in a unit. Running infantry heavy armies can be a chore. In a theoretical mk4 I feel like streamlining unit actions should be a major goal.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
night action madness nightmares
maybe i am scum

Cpig Haiku contest 2020 winner
Doing something about the way terrain works to prevent having to measure 3.2" of movement to the forest then move the remaining 1.4" at half speed would be good. The game is so geometry-heavy that minute positioning of models is important but that takes forever.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

counterspin posted:

Not sure what you mean? CID schedule is mostly based on production. New models from CID have always been coming out a few months after the CID ends.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

My feelings on weaponized geometry depend on the scale. And if it's supposed to be part of the game. I'm pretty okay with it if the model count is low and the time it takes is built into the game.

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

Cross-posting from the mini thread. I haven't been playing a lot, lately - but I love playing smaller games in a journeyman league. Warmachine has so many variables, I feel like it takes years to master!

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Crab-Stuffed posted:

Cross-posting from the mini thread. I haven't been playing a lot, lately - but I love playing smaller games in a journeyman league. Warmachine has so many variables, I feel like it takes years to master!

jesus christ that's pretty

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Crab-Stuffed posted:

Amazing job.

No hat, though?

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

S.J. posted:

Not sure what you mean? CID schedule is mostly based on production.

After Talion should be Infernals for their June release. Do we know what's up on the docket after that?

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

S.J. posted:

Not sure what you mean? CID schedule is mostly based on production. New models from CID have always been coming out a few months after the CID ends.

I mean that with a new faction every year chewing up a ton of production and CID time, it feels like pigs will never get a CID, particularly now that we've reached a point where a 'limited' faction has gotten two passes.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009
Pigs are part and parcel with Gators and they had their CID a year and a half ago.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

It'll only be another year and a half minimum if you wanted to play brigands, commandoes, slaughterhousers, or thornfall alliance theme :v:

Edit: This came across a little snarkier than I intended, I'm glad old models get changes even if some people feel left out because of the way they do it

Captainicus fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Feb 7, 2019

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
I imagine that we might get a Farrow CiD this year or next. Infernals is up next so they can release the models for Lock and Load. I’d imagine they would start that fairly soon. Maybe in March?

Ret could use one first and they have teased wanting to do a Doom Reaver theme expansion. I think Hungerford said no Steamroller cid plans as well and the Riot Quest models aren’t hitting CiD either.

After the Privateer fiasco last year, Oz has made it a point to not announce future CiDs unless the production and release schedule is locked down. Can’t say that I blame that decision.

I just really want to get a Well of Orboros though. There must be a snag with production (not that I’m really surprise. It’s one of the most intricate models to date) causing the delay.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, I feel sorry for ret players: they're a full faction with a model count closer to a minifaction

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Yeah, as a ret player, we're just in an odd place right now. Our warcaster bench isn't as deep as the big boy factions but we've got some good pairings

Rahn's value continues to dwindle as more immune to knockdown or push effects come out

Rayvn has game but there's a lot of overlap with Issyria, Ossyan and Kaelyssa. We should probably throw Garryth 2 in there as well but I haven't gotten a ton of time with him

Garryth 1, Vyros1 and Thyron don't have a consistent enough game plan to warrant taking over the others. They also lack ways to protect their armies

Helynna is in an odd spot where she's got a lot of defensive tech but tends to lose steam over the course of a match. She also wants to take jacks but Forges prevents her from taking Vyre warjacks

Elara 2, Goreshade 4 and Vyros 2 are solid and different enough variants of melee casters

S.J.
May 19, 2008

darnon posted:

After Talion should be Infernals for their June release. Do we know what's up on the docket after that?

Nah, they haven't said anything about what's coming up after that. Although like I told someone in my meta this week: I'll end up buying most of the infernals factions to use as monsters in D&D so gently caress me...

counterspin posted:

I mean that with a new faction every year chewing up a ton of production and CID time, it feels like pigs will never get a CID, particularly now that we've reached a point where a 'limited' faction has gotten two passes.

Yeah, I'd be on board with seeing a Pig rework later this year for sure. I had thought you were saying you didn't want to buy into pirates because of gators and I was very confused. Personally I like the Pig aesthetic and casters way more than the gators and it's sad to see them floundering.

S.J. fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 7, 2019

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crab-Stuffed posted:

This is so, so dope.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

the LVO prerelease models available this weekend from the local discord.

koreban fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 7, 2019

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

removed

waah fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Feb 7, 2019

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Still no Sorscha 0 :smith:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Initiates of the order of the wall, hell yea

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011
With the demise of No Quarter prime, where are they putting fluff for new units? Just not doing it?

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

mp5 posted:

Initiates of the order of the wall, hell yea

I hope they kept shield wall, they make for some juicy free points in faithful masses

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Mashing F5 for the war room update so I can build a new Faithful Masses list with all the paladins

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

Excelsiortothemax posted:

Still no Sorscha 0 :smith:

The models at LVO are listed in the Privateer Press February and March release schedule. April's has been posted, but doesn't have Sorscha0 on it either, so May would be the earliest. Discountgamesinc's facebook page posts the upcoming retailer lists for PP products, which is where I go for that info.

According to WMU Sorscha0 was done in the Crucible Guard CID 2018.04, so May would be a year out and the other 3 are basically out now that Denny0's model is dropping.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
The new Privateer light jack, The Swashbuckler, has a melee weapon that, when it hits, makes the jack's ranged attacks auto hit. The model has 'dual attack' but I don't see a way to actually fire at a model it's engaged with; am I reading that correctly? Wouldn't the model need gunfighter for this to work?

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Dual attack has "This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee." on it.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug

xiw posted:

Dual attack has "This model can make ranged attacks even while in melee." on it.

Yeah, but I still thought you couldn't shoot models you were engaged by/with? Doesn't this just let you shoot out of combat?

Gato The Elder fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Feb 7, 2019

zerofiend
Dec 23, 2006

fashionly snort posted:

Yeah, but I still thought you couldn't shoot models you were engaged by/with? Doesn't this just let you shoot out of combat?

No. You can shoot your melee target just fine.

xiw
Sep 25, 2011

i wake up at night
maybe i am scum

Also you're still shooting into melee so if you miss a non-huge-base you'll reroll against a new target as usual.

I just had a look at the wiki spreadsheet and it was interesting to realize that if i miss my target and shoot my adjacent buddy who's also in the fight, they still get +4 def because I can't ever be in melee with a friendly model.

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Prerelease models up on WarRoom. Where's my Adjunct and Sorscha0 models at, PP? :argh:

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Initiates of the Wall
7 points

SPD 6, MAT 6, DEF 13, ARM 15, PS12 2 Inch Magical weapon

Practiced Maneuvers, Set Defense, Shield Guard, and Unbreakable Wall

These guys might be really good and 21 free points is no joke in a Faithful Masses list

S.J.
May 19, 2008

mp5 posted:

Initiates of the Wall
7 points

SPD 6, MAT 6, DEF 13, ARM 15, PS12 2 Inch Magical weapon

Practiced Maneuvers, Set Defense, Shield Guard, and Unbreakable Wall

These guys might be really good and 21 free points is no joke in a Faithful Masses list

Yeah our resident Menoth Boi has already built his max paladin/initiate harbinger list and I'm not looking forward to it.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I mean harby/paladin dream team has been the ask since mk1. It took over a decade but we are finally here

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

S.J. posted:

Yeah our resident Menoth Boi has already built his max paladin/initiate harbinger list and I'm not looking forward to it.

Testament might also be insane, reviving shield guards every turn

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe
No Sorcha0 on May’s release list. The new Talion Charter jacks and powder monkey are there though.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I mean harby/paladin dream team has been the ask since mk1. It took over a decade but we are finally here

This dude did really, really well with harby/paladins all through Mk 2 so I'm genuinely terrified to see how this ends up. But also very happy for him. And you, I guess :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Oh yeah paladins and vilmon have always been good with Harby. Keeping something that's already hard to kill; alive longer is annoying af to most opponents

If it weren't for Garryth2, those initiates might have pulled me back over