Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Krokodil isn’t even that strong, compared to the poo poo that’s out there. It was big in Russia because they sold codeine over the counter, and you could take that codeine and make it into desomorphine with some basement chemistry. It wasn’t even the desomorphine that killed krokodil users, it was all the harsh poo poo from the basement chemistry that they were shooting right into their veins.

so what you're saying is desomorphine isn't that strong compared to other drugs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MisterOblivious posted:

"The website Something Awful held a fundraiser of sorts that started after posters in their message boards got tired of a user trying to use them as help for his homework,[194] saying they would donate if the user was banned. It later added a head-shaving portion and a blood drive. At least $70,000 dollars was donated to charity, $1,750 in shaved heads and 30 pints of blood was ultimately given."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_response_to_the_2011_Tōhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami

That link was broken - this should work: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanitarian_response_to_the_2011_T%C5%8Dhoku_earthquake_and_tsunami#Non-governmental_responses

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Jeez, misteroblivious and I should switch names, I totally missed his post

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Solice Kirsk posted:

Huh. Me too.

that's what kratom does to you

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Snow Cone Capone posted:

It's not as dangerous as the flesh eating bacteria that just shows up sometimes in squatter's basement chemistry.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Isn't one of the other issues that you cook it at about 45-50°C, or the absolute sweet spot for bacterial culture growth?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Not compared to fentanyl/its analogues , no.

I don’t use, if that’s what you’re trying to imply. And if you are trying to imply that, gently caress you. If not, my bad.

A lot of my high school friends have died to opiates. I was an EMT for years and responded to what was the death of one of my friend’s stepsons. If I know a bit about weird super online drugs I just kind of had to.

E: sorry, that was way too agressive, it’s just the second anniversary of one of my friends’ deaths on that poo poo.

Ugly In The Morning has a new favorite as of 09:02 on Feb 8, 2019

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

CannonFodder posted:

It's not as dangerous as the flesh eating bacteria that just shows up sometimes in squatter's basement chemistry.

Fun thing: flesh eating bacteria are on you at all times. It's a combination of three or four regular bacteria that are everywhere, and feed off of each other's waste. It's just that, sometimes, they go haywire in a positive-feedback-loop, and nobody is exactly sure why.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Queen Combat posted:

Fun thing: flesh eating bacteria are on you at all times. It's a combination of three or four regular bacteria that are everywhere, and feed off of each other's waste. It's just that, sometimes, they go haywire in a positive-feedback-loop, and nobody is exactly sure why.

oh hey your avatar is fixed

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Queen Combat posted:

Isn't it that a colony of one of them ends up in the wrong place and also rolls a 1 on the "don't gently caress up the host you stupid parasite" table?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Somfin posted:

Isn't it that a colony of one of them ends up in the wrong place and also rolls a 1 on the "don't gently caress up the host you stupid parasite" table?

That’s basically how gyms have MRSA outbreaks.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Thank you :allears:

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I don’t use, if that’s what you’re trying to imply. And if you are trying to imply that, gently caress you. If not, my bad.

A lot of my high school friends have died to opiates. I was an EMT for years and responded to what was the death of one of my friend’s stepsons. If I know a bit about weird super online drugs I just kind of had to.

E: sorry, that was way too agressive, it’s just the second anniversary of one of my friends’ deaths on that poo poo.

Settle down champ I was poking fun at the absurdity of saying Krokodil isn't as strong as other drugs

Obv desomorphine isn't as strong an opiate as heroin but krokodil will sure as poo poo kill you way faster due to being a toxic swamp cocktail

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.

I don't think that was too aggressive. You feel passionate because you have knowledge and experience that makes you feel that way. I'm sorry about your friend.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I'm just not sure how my post in any way implied any of that

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 29 hours!
Fwiw i read it that way too. Whatever, its a dumb misunderstanging thats already cleared up.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I hope we always understang each other :unsmith:

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Leperflesh posted:

TCC is leaking into this thread

hey guys remember when we funded a tiny experimental school in haiti to the tune of like 2x its annual budget

Friends of Matènwa. I enjoy seeing their updates; in the past year they’ve had their first graduates, with one I think becoming a teacher at the school. Goon charity is how I learned about Heifer International too, in which goons sent legions of angry bees around the world.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

I just poke smots and drink beer, I am very boring.

I don't even eat, like, white bread.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

used to do a lot of acid and mushrooms but the last time was like 2011

those two are weird because they're the only drugs I've felt both fondly about and am totally okay if I never encounter again- not in the usual 'that was bad' way, but in a 'yeah I'm satiated' kinda way

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Shrooms rule during the trip but the comedown is loving hell.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
really? they just sort of taper off for me.

one time I tried going to sleep on shrooms and that was a super weird experience. it was so long ago I cant even remember why or what happened, just that it's in my "never again" column

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I always noticed that shrooms was a lot harder to control my emotional state on. With acid I never had a bad time because somehow I was able to ground myself whenever I felt like I was starting to get nervous or sad.

Shrooms were OK but after I ate a bunch and watched The Wall alone in my room in the dark I never tried them again, that movie is loving terrifying even without hallucinogens

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
"cool"

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Snow Cone Capone posted:

Shrooms were OK but after I ate a bunch and watched The Wall alone in my room in the dark I never tried them again, that movie is loving terrifying even without hallucinogens

I drank half a bottle of akvavit while watching The Wall but all it did was make me puke later.

Although come to think of it, I haven't watched it since then...

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I just poke smots and drink beer, I am very boring.

But how do you feel about the real scourge drug of nation, Pumpkin Spice?

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

waah posted:

Pumpkin Spice?

:d2a:

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

waah posted:

But how do you feel about the real scourge drug of nation, Pumpkin Spice?

I hate pumpkin pie and coffee, so I'm not gonna combine that poo poo.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
The most destructive drug is still anime.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Good. Nobody should.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Paladinus posted:

The most destructive drug is still anime.

:hmmyes:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Elephant Ambush posted:

Good. Nobody should.

You don’t like baguettes? Sourdough boules? Kaiser rolls? You’re missing out.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Peanut Butler posted:

used to do a lot of acid and mushrooms but the last time was like 2011

those two are weird because they're the only drugs I've felt both fondly about and am totally okay if I never encounter again- not in the usual 'that was bad' way, but in a 'yeah I'm satiated' kinda way

i would love to have a solid shroom trip in the woods again but i dont know if i'll have another time in my life where i can dedicate an entire day to being high as hell

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
This could probably be a TCC theme. Or maybe AusGBS. Can be easy to forget which one you're in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mLIdLZZeI

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This could probably be a TCC theme. Or maybe AusGBS. Can be easy to forget which one you're in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-mLIdLZZeI

You can't post that without posting the Goon theme

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENnAa7rqtBM

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The true goon theme is TLO roll call, thank you very much.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

bring back old gbs posted:

really? they just sort of taper off for me.

It always felt like someone was slowly dragging a knife through my intestines.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

bradzilla posted:

It always felt like someone was slowly dragging a knife through my intestines.

I’ve definitely felt nauseous right after taking them, but yeah coming down was always just a gradual tapering off

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Dillbag posted:

The true goon theme is TLO roll call, thank you very much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Subjunctive posted:

You don’t like baguettes? Sourdough boules? Kaiser rolls? You’re missing out.

I imagine a huge number of people have never had bread outside of stuff sold at a supermarket/brought out before meals at lousy restaurants and man oh man are they missing out.

There's probably a decent-to-great bakery in your neighborhood. If not, it's not hard to bake your own!