Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Most honest Luann strip I've ever read.

Gunty's got a nasty case of the m'ladies, always has. Even when he went to South America with his girlfriend only to find he couldn't get it up and ran away.

I'll bet future strips will have him raging about the diameter of his wrists and the fold next to his mouth which is apparently a huge thing in incel circles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
So who is that in Arlo and Janice classic?

Anyway, to Corto Maltese! Where today: I talk to the trees wells... but they don't do listen..., or Encore, Encore! Bravo! Brava!, or So THAT'S how he gets from place to place so quickly!

Well, I bet you didn't expect this adventure to end quite like this, did you? But while this little jeu tragique has come to it's curtain call, Corto's story is not over just yet. I'd like to tell you more, but I'm afraid I'll have to save it for Queen Dopplepopolos in... The Golden House of Samarkand!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Samovar posted:

So who is that in Arlo and Janis classic?

Jimmy Buffett, patron saint of men of a certain age who romanticize the island/sailing lifestyle.

An excellent primer into this fandom/subculture is the Margaritaville episode of the Doughboys podcast.

The "business ventures" section of his Wikipedia entry is also certainly... something.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

My wife and I really liked the Cheeseburgers in Paradise restaurants, even though we don't give a poo poo about Jimmy Buffet, and we were sad when the nearby one closed a few years back. We went there pretty often, the food was decent and the staff were really nice.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

shortspecialbus posted:

My wife and I really liked the Cheeseburgers in Paradise restaurants, even though we don't give a poo poo about Jimmy Buffet, and we were sad when the nearby one closed a few years back. We went there pretty often, the food was decent and the staff were really nice.

As a pinball addict, among other things, I try never to judge a product by its license.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

StrixNebulosa posted:

Heathcliff Old and New

Look out, Heathcliff! He's Irish!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

Wales is OK! (except for the devil bears)

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Pastry of the Year posted:

Jimmy Buffett, patron saint of men of a certain age who romanticize the island/sailing lifestyle.

An excellent primer into this fandom/subculture is the Margaritaville episode of the Doughboys podcast.

The "business ventures" section of his Wikipedia entry is also certainly... something.

I had to google the lyrics to find out who that was.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
Pick any one-hit wonder you like and imagine if that song turned out to be so unbelievably emotionally resonant and meaningful to a very specific demographic with a very large amount of disposable income that instead of spending the rest of their career trying to get out from under the shadow of being that “I Ran”/“No Rain”/“Somebody That I Used to Know” band, they leaned into it super fuckin’ hard and managed to turn that one song's aesthetic into the foundation for an enormously successful multinational lifestyle brand that allowed them to shift into creative neutral and coast until the seas rise and boil and the only ones left listening are the tardigrades.

(No, I don’t need ketchup or napkins with my order, thanks.)

Glorified Scrivener
May 4, 2007

His tongue it could not speak, but only flatter.
Sam's Strip 11/28/61

Ye Olde Foxtrot 5/17/88

Tarzan

Dilbert: Year One

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Geech

Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Surgeon's Tales

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Torsten_St%C3%A5lhandske
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvid_Wittenberg
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arvid_Forbus

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Gunty's got a nasty case of the m'ladies, always has.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

howe_sam posted:

Wales is OK! (except for the devil bears)

I'm glad he moved away from putting all his female characters in "sexy" poses constantly.

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

9 Chickweed Lane

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

asecondduck posted:

I'm glad he moved away from putting all his female characters in "sexy" poses constantly.

"No one worked harder than me in 2008 to draw a lady sticking her arse out at an impossible angle"

(I consider the Rene Engstrom guest strip Allison talks about here to be canonical)

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Kevin & Kell

Ha ha ha, that sentient bear tattooed that sentient fish with her name to signify that only she has the right to murder and heat him, how funny :unsmigghh:

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Darthemed posted:

b]Ripley's[/b]

And also "Amazing Grace" and the theme song to Gilligan's Island (my personal favorite).

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Much better, ty

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

A Pack of Kobolds posted:

Much better, ty

Just a riff on your actual joke, I saw yours and assumed you had already done the eyes.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

FrumpleOrz posted:

Sherman's Lagoon

to anyone wondering like i was this whole story is bullshit as why the gently caress would a cruiser operating as part of a fleet in a warzone carry tons of gold. however this hasn't stopped south korean scammers from setting up a bitcoin spinoff based on the idea of salvaging the imaginary gold

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Raskolnikov38 posted:

to anyone wondering like i was this whole story is bullshit as why the gently caress would a cruiser operating as part of a fleet in a warzone carry 14,000 tons of gold. however this hasn't stopped south korean scammers from setting up a bitcoin spinoff based on the idea of salvaging the imaginary gold

TBF this was the war where Russia attacked a British fishing fleet because they thought they were Japanese warships that had somehow made it to the channel. Then things got dumber.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I wonder how much money you could make crowsourcing a dive for sunken bitcoin

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy is not an edit.

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Haifisch posted:

Locher Tracy

so someone died on the flight and the passengers are allowed to disembark as normal because i guess if you're on a plane you're beyond the reach of the law. but then why is the marshal there... gently caress you locher

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Haifisch posted:

The Amazing Spiderman

That's some powerful gas!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Haifisch posted:

That's the good poo poo.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Haifisch posted:

2012 Spiderman

lol at the Emasculated Spider-Man

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Haifisch posted:

Dick Tracy is not an edit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2p02DfyzCE

fondue
Jul 14, 2002

Haifisch posted:

I love all of these Edwardian bobbleheads!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
BCN

Phoebe

Wallace

Jamal

Curtis

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Huh, and here I thought Curtis' problem was that with Chutney behind him he couldn't copy off her.

SnotGrumble
Jun 4, 2003

All men live in fear of him and his Moxie.
Something that just occurred to me about the Clown-9 NSM arc is that everybody knows that he is Hardy Laurel. Why didn't the police just go to his house after he caused the ruckus at the first show and arrest him?

I mean, one of the continuing themes in NSM is Peter's constant fear of being outed as Spiderman and being arrested or having some villain get to his loved ones. Here, we have a villain whose identity is known to everyone, yet no one seems to care. The strip should play by its own goddamn rules.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

"She's not a bitch, so you probably don't know her."

The Phantom

Playing a little fast and loose with the big secret, aren't we?

On the other hand, I suppose this is a nice way to tell the guy he did the right thing.

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons depressed me today

Apartment 3-G

"Now, now, sweetie. There's a man here, you don't make decisions."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nah. He's just letting that guy know that talking about this will get him killed.