Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

bamhand posted:

It's for speed farming.

with pets?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If anyone's going to be on PC tonight I'm looking for some higher grift carries, I want to finish leveling up my gem of ease or whatever the leveling one is called before the season ends so I can use it when I just want to roll a new dude as a goof off season

I'm butteslord in game

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010

Rinkles posted:

with pets?

Any build that uses Henri's can use that instead. So basically all the builds.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

omg

5er
Jun 1, 2000

bamhand posted:

Just get Nilfur's, Etched Sigil, and 2 pieces of Tal and go wreck poo poo. Maybe upgraded some staves until you get the meteor staff.

After all this time, I've gotten an etched and nilfurs, but no tals yet and close to 4k shards blown on hats trying to get a swami. I've been burning dbs upgrading rings hoping for a zodiac, to make archon cooldown less a fuckshow.

"Just get," is not a thing RNG accommodates or gives a single gently caress about.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Update: in the amount of time it's taken to play since my last post, I've had 3 DMO pieces drop, and the legendary version of the sword that buffs up Energy Twister. I already had the hat that grants every rune of Time Warp. So, gently caress it, I try some DMO poo poo I think.

edit: and wow, shitload more fun!

5er fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Feb 9, 2019

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

Put one next to a ramaladni gift in inventory with some spare space, and them alternate moving them around, with sound on.

Poor kitty.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
And apart from comedy kitten abuse, my favourite thing about D3 is how you can just laugh at torment 6 with a second character - here's my new lvl 1 wizard.

Except for more +XP gear, or gems of ease (a gifted primal 2H should suffice, with gogok & hoarder in the hellfire jewellery), is there anything else i can do to make this faster, or more faceroll-y? Does warzachian bracers in cube give more speed overall than krelm belt, I dunno?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

how are you supposed to tell whether an enemy is both haunted and plauged (locusts) for ring of emptiness? it's hard to tell. i'm guessing at the relevant GR level you'll simply know by whether you're making a dent in the life total.

so much visual noise in this build. also dislike how hex obscures elite enemies. i mean, it's a great visual gag but with so much else to keep track of i dont like it.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Rinkles posted:

how are you supposed to tell whether an enemy is both haunted and plauged (locusts) for ring of emptiness? it's hard to tell. i'm guessing at the relevant GR level you'll simply know by whether you're making a dent in the life total.

so much visual noise in this build. also dislike how hex obscures elite enemies. i mean, it's a great visual gag but with so much else to keep track of i dont like it.

The green locust wind moves fast, but once i noticed the way it skips from enemy to enemy with the green smoky animation, i never lost track of who was afflicted. Haunt gives them swirling ghost balls.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Got a primal ancient today boys!!!

...it was a Justice Lantern :chloe:

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

If anyone's going to be on PC tonight I'm looking for some higher grift carries, I want to finish leveling up my gem of ease or whatever the leveling one is called before the season ends so I can use it when I just want to roll a new dude as a goof off season

I'm butteslord in game

Why would you even need help with that, it's super easy to upgrade by yourself

mewse
May 2, 2006

xiansi posted:

And apart from comedy kitten abuse, my favourite thing about D3 is how you can just laugh at torment 6 with a second character - here's my new lvl 1 wizard.

Except for more +XP gear, or gems of ease (a gifted primal 2H should suffice, with gogok & hoarder in the hellfire jewellery), is there anything else i can do to make this faster, or more faceroll-y? Does warzachian bracers in cube give more speed overall than krelm belt, I dunno?

For alts I usually look for +xp because it works when getting plvl’d as well.

Leorics crown in cube with Cain’s hat worn with max level ruby. Cain’s set + borns set, both give +xp.

E: oh and I think hellfire ring can be worn at level 1

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Ehud posted:

Got a primal ancient today boys!!!

...it was a Justice Lantern :chloe:

BiS on thorns crusader and any Templar using the freeze of deflection, I'm jealous.

Also thanks exquisite tea, I have no idea how I overlooked perma-archon.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

big cummers ONLY posted:

Also thanks exquisite tea, I have no idea how I overlooked perma-archon.

...on the condition the game eventually hands you the gear for it, sure. Since switching over to the few DMO pieces I got, I've been able to bump up one Torment level over 6pc Vyrs welfare set, but I still haven't seen either an in-geom or a zodiac ring drop.

5er fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Feb 9, 2019

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
I've upgraded my annoying death game from slow moving bees to dead accursed poop clouds.

edit: are bandit shrines still a thing? I haven't seen one in two seasons.

tetsuo fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Feb 9, 2019

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

tetsuo posted:

I've upgraded my annoying death game from slow moving bees to dead accursed poop clouds.

edit: are bandit shrines still a thing? I haven't seen one in two seasons.

They are. I've seen one this entire season.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
About when will the next season start? So I won't feel like a clown when I get a legendary gem 3 minutes before it changes, you understand.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I found a Bandit Shrine in a pug bounty group this very morning. That group also opened two goblin vaults in the same instance, which I did not even know was possible until now.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

exquisite tea posted:

I found a Bandit Shrine in a pug bounty group this very morning. That group also opened two goblin vaults in the same instance, which I did not even know was possible until now.

Yeah you can do multiple gobbo vaults per run because they force close and reset when you’re done, unlike whimsyshire or the cow level

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh God In-geom + Charging Strike is so good.

I really want to make a Lashing Tail Monk since I got a Primal Rivera Dancers but I ain't sure which set. Sunwuko probably, I guess.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Never used Gem of Ease before:

I just made a Level 1 WD with a Gem of Ease weapon and went straight into Torment 1 getting multiple levels every kill, that was so fun. Did well enough I popped into Torment 4 after a rift or two to level faster.

He's 61 now and suddenly it's getting really hard, do enemies scale up with you?

When can I start gambling on set pieces etc? I have a lot of shards built up from my Monk and gambling was getting less and less useful so I thought I'd spend them on a new class.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh God In-geom + Charging Strike is so good.

I really want to make a Lashing Tail Monk since I got a Primal Rivera Dancers but I ain't sure which set. Sunwuko probably, I guess.

Yeah I was considering this too. Either Inna or Sunwuko probably, I feel like Inna can do literally anything and do alright

THE AWESOME GHOST fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 10, 2019

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Past level 61 enemies begin to scale rather severely per level until you hit the new cap of 70. Most of the time you'll have to drop the difficulty down to T1 or even Master to get past the hump to 70 if you're leveling solo (where you can then give your WD all the gear you've been saving up and make him awesome again).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I switch from Inna + Shenlong + Rainment to Shenlong + Rainment and suddenly do way less damage and have the consistency of wet paper.

This is tragic.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
I'm still toiling away trying to get the items I need to make my build viable past T7.
At the moment, I've switched over to U6+I4 since at least then I get some extra protection from the mantras, but my luck has been kinda poo poo so far this season.
I must have spent 3000 shards on belts without getting Binding Of The Lost, so I'm switching to try to get Spirit Guards instead (got a [sigh] Ancient Krelm's at the moment and Gungdo cubed), while I spend all my DBs upgrading fist weapons to try to get another Lion's Claw (I got one while levelling). I did manage to get Fist of Az-Turrasq earlier today, at least. No Gifts either, but I'm not surprised by that.

I probably could push up to T8, but I'm playing HC and the way my life orb dips at times makes me a little wary of trying that.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Past level 61 enemies begin to scale rather severely per level until you hit the new cap of 70. Most of the time you'll have to drop the difficulty down to T1 or even Master to get past the hump to 70 if you're leveling solo (where you can then give your WD all the gear you've been saving up and make him awesome again).

That makes a lot of sense! Yeah I have all this stuff waiting for me at 70, and a level 70 weapon, Hellfire Amulet and paragon levels alone stopped making me ridiculously overpowered. I'm using absolute crap I picked up in the course of 30 minutes for most slots and don't want to put in the effort to get new stuff that will be tossed out as soon as I hit 70

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

I switch from Inna + Shenlong + Rainment to Shenlong + Rainment and suddenly do way less damage and have the consistency of wet paper.

This is tragic.

It's supposed to do much more damage than Inna at the cost of dying very quick (I just get the dying quick part)

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The GR treadmill could do with some more variety. Maybe optional randomizations that modify the rift conditions or have special objectives or a boss rush (maybe they'd cost more keys/gems). With rewards to match.

Or themed rifts.

Or a more material incentive to climb the ladder. Like a guaranteed primal every 15 levels past 70 (it's not like they'll be any good anyway).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
When was the last time they added items to the game?

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Rinkles posted:

The GR treadmill could do with some more variety. Maybe optional randomizations that modify the rift conditions or have special objectives or a boss rush (maybe they'd cost more keys/gems). With rewards to match.

Interestingly, the next Grim Dawn's expac is going to have its 'endless dungeon' mode do something like this.
Floors will start to have 'mutators' the further you go (similar to Crucible mode if you've played that).

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Burn 5 keys for a GR with the “All Bosses” mod

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

am i the only one that more enjoys scraping together a build from what i find in the mid game, than perfecting a set later on?

when the rng is gracious with legendaries, the early game isn't that bad. it's abysmal if besides rares all you find are stat only legendaries. I had both experiences this season.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Seeing them recycle transmog rewards for seasons, is disappointing.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rinkles posted:

am i the only one that more enjoys scraping together a build from what i find in the mid game, than perfecting a set later on?

when the rng is gracious with legendaries, the early game isn't that bad. it's abysmal if besides rares all you find are stat only legendaries. I had both experiences this season.

I had the most fun when I started out with my Barb and when I was building my Impale Demon Hunter, and then I got sorta bored when trying to build up my Witch Doctor and Necromancer cause 1) gathering Blood Shards with my DH to roll on my WD and Necro only to not get the items I needed was annoying and 2) neither of them were able to cut it at T13.

The answer is to probably play on lower Torments and get the gear using the character you want it for, which is what I did with my Monk until I managed to get a full Inna's set, since I had a lot more fun with my Monk. And if my Sunwuko Lashing Tail Kick build kicks (heh) off then it'll be even more fun.

squirrelzipper
Nov 2, 2011

Rinkles posted:

Nope I’m with you there. I just got Natalya’s 6 piece on my DH from the season gift and I have this fun build that uses Sin offhand so rapid fire doesn’t cost hatred and the cord belt that causes blindness and wraps of clarity for a small armor bump (and gold wrap for bounties) and I’m kind of dreading the next phase of perfecting the ‘build’ cause this is soooo fun as is. I’ll probably just say gently caress it and get a couple pieces of mauraders so I can add turrets and then push as far as that goes before calling it a day.

So, yeah, the early part of building something that works and is fun is way more fun for me than playing the optimal builds.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Question for wizard experts - why are so many builds including Swamp Land Waders?

Also, why is there preference for Arcane Torrent over Disintegrate, in most channeling builds (particularly that don't bother with Manald Heal)? Do I guess correct that AT drains less power and has equivalent damage output?

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
They grew tired of making the "bzzzzzzzzz" noise while casting disintegrate, as you have to.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I've only seen Swamp Land Waders used in channeling DMO variants for S16, and imho it's totally pointless because it's a pain in the rear end to get compared to just having both Crown of the Primus + Mantle.

Arcane Torrent gets used because 1) Flame Ward gives you a lot of extra survavibility, and 2) the lighting variation interacts with Manald Heal for insane damage. Torrent also has better proc rates overall for things like ORotZ resets. If you're just speed clearing then Convergence is fine.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

I made a tal wizard this weekend and tried a few setups and boy this is a lot of buttons.

GoingPostal
Jun 1, 2015

I love Derek Smart
U love Derek Smart
If we didn't love Derek Smart, we'd be lame
Looking ahead for next season, and I'm wondering what to play. I don't really know any of the sets coming up except the Necromancer and I'm wondering how the others play. Or should I go for the Wheel to determine my fate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hampig
Feb 11, 2004
...curioser and curioser...

5er posted:

Seeing them recycle transmog rewards for seasons, is disappointing.

I don't mind it, it means you can relax some seasons to actually play other games, and other people can catch up. I'd be a little sad to see Diablo go the way of Games As A Service.