Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are
Ffffff, shades of Nicky Hayden on that "customer Honda" with the lovely Z-league energy drink sponsorship that they had to duct tape over after like 3 races...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Finally some proper videos about Jimmy the best race driver there ever was and about whom I will not joke that he was English instead of Scottish as he actually was in an attempt to trollingly insult him, especially because he was killed by a fraudulent English single seater.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

The engine firing videos are just milestones the team are excited to share. The first rung of the ladder.
Y'all overthinking it.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shut up

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

1500quidpoocati posted:

Thinking about it... You could conceivably use a really ridiculously over complicated variable valve timing system to change the firing order on an engine and keep full compression but VVT is banned on these engines.

F1 with vtec....phwoar.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Khablam posted:

The engine firing videos are just milestones the team are excited to share. The first rung of the ladder.
Y'all overthinking it.

Of course they are, but this is the worst thread and there is a reputation to keep here.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Gigi Galli posted:

Of course they are, but this is the worst thread and there is a reputation to keep here.
Actually I have belief in us, this season is going to be a good thread with smart nuanced opinions.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Khablam posted:

Actually I have belief in us, this season is going to be a good thread with smart nuanced opinions.

When do you stop posting then?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
"Bring back grid girls", he said with nuance

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

"Bring back grid girls", he said with nuance

Grid woman

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

lol

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Danny Ric is a bit pissed Ferrari or Merc didn't give him an offer
https://www.planetf1.com/news/ricciardo-still-frustrated-over-ferrari-mercedes-snub/

Edit: lol you don't have to be Columbo to guess who
http://f1i.com/news/325626-ricciardo-still-wonders-who-vetoed-his-move-to-ferrari.html

djssniper fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Feb 10, 2019

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

No poo poo they didn’t take him, he’d give their golden boys a run for their money and cause “turbulence” within the team because he owns

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 10, 2019

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I'm willing to bet he would not give the Stevenage Slingshot a run for his money #megaHAM

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Gonna see some awesome results from the Colgate Bogan this year, I can feel it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thanks Ants posted:

:same:

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

RBRs are going to Honda themselves and Max will be annoyed which will be fun to watch, Vettel is going to get shown up by Sharl and keep making mistakes, Bottas is poo poo. Lots of podium opportunities for Danny Ric.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
:mrgw:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
Oh, it's that one.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Also without looking it up, who is driving for McLaren this year

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Thanks Ants posted:

Senna and Prost

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

The Star Wars kid and uhhh a rich guy?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gigi Galli posted:

The Star Wars kid and uhhh a rich guy?

Your 2019 world champ right here

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user

Thanks Ants posted:

:ohdear:

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

Thanks Ants posted:

The extremely overrated Spaniard that got roundly destroyed by Hulk who is extremely underrated

And some kid who just hit puberty that happens to be managed by the guy who still somehow is associated with McLaren the big fat hack clown

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Lando Norris is a twitch streamer

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Neodoomium posted:

Lando Norris is a twitch streamer

Pee shivers are actually pretty common

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lolno Norris or Laffo Norris or Lando LOLris. Pleace decide before the start of FP1 for the 2019 Grand Prix of Australia

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Pee shivers are actually pretty common

lol

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

Wirth1000 posted:

The extremely overrated Spaniard that got roundly destroyed by Hulk who is extremely underrated

And some kid who just hit puberty that happens to be managed by the guy who still somehow is associated with McLaren the big fat hack clown

So that's ... Sainz and also some other guy (Lando Norris?)

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Thanks Ants posted:

Not Nando :(

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Great NASCAR race today. Real legendary racing.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

Laffo Norris is pretty funny

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

DoctorGonzo posted:

Lolno Norris or Laffo Norris or Lando LOLris. Pleace decide before the start of FP1 for the 2019 Grand Prix of Australia

I think this will be decided upon during the first testing days!

Could also be Land-owns! or Lan-downs :downs:

Please don't be poo poo this year McLaren :smith:

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Halo14 posted:

Not Nando :(

this is the only way to feel when mclaren is mentioned

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Lando walrus

Dumb Username
Oct 20, 2012
Nando Lorris

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

this is the only way to feel when mclaren is mentioned

I miss the wacky adventures of Nando & Butts :(

McLaren should have done a tooned cartoon on those two doing crazy things. Not like they were doing anything else during that time

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
Lando Norris was actually born in 1999 and is 19 years old racing in F1. It’s kinda nuts isn’t it? He seems to be a good talent and is British. Which is nice for McLaren I guess.

I think Williams has some treat drivers this year. George Russell who won F2 in 2018, and the great return of Kubica. Just need the car to actually be competitive!

And on RBR using Honda I’m genuinely excited. TR had a pretty good run with Honda last year, and the guys in Japan seem to have invested a lot to get themselves back to the place they should be. We all know that Honda on form are a terrifying force to be reckoned with. Makes me wonder what would’ve happened if McLaren had owned some of the problems with the car and worked with Honda rather than working against them. Big personalities like Alonso tend not to go down well with the guys from Japan. Which again, makes me wonder how Verstappen will get on with his Honda engineers VS the lovely Pierre who is just a nice guy.

All in all, I’m really excited for this season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Old Grasshopper posted:

Lando Norris was actually born in 1999 and is 19 years old racing in F1. It’s kinda nuts isn’t it? He seems to be a good talent and is British. Which is nice for McLaren I guess.

I think Williams has some treat drivers this year. George Russell who won F2 in 2018, and the great return of Kubica. Just need the car to actually be competitive!

And on RBR using Honda I’m genuinely excited. TR had a pretty good run with Honda last year, and the guys in Japan seem to have invested a lot to get themselves back to the place they should be. We all know that Honda on form are a terrifying force to be reckoned with. Makes me wonder what would’ve happened if McLaren had owned some of the problems with the car and worked with Honda rather than working against them. Big personalities like Alonso tend not to go down well with the guys from Japan. Which again, makes me wonder how Verstappen will get on with his Honda engineers VS the lovely Pierre who is just a nice guy.

All in all, I’m really excited for this season.

honda haven't been on form since...about 1991, so i'm not holding my breath

of course now that i've said that they'll magically be amazing next year and win the championship