Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Ormy posted:

This makes the best noises.
Seriously. Every time he posts I start looking at superchargers.

WANT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

Thanks guys, it really is a blast. There's nothing quite like the positive displacement blower with the instant torque.

this is the last pic I've taken of the car, the weekend before heading down to Fall Cruising OCMD:

(I had deleted power steering and brakes when i put the forged engine in and I really regretted it so this is me putting it all back in before taking it on the trip)

I really like how the car looks with the drag pack but I wanted to see how the mickey thompson ET Street R bias ply tires worked on the street and I only got 1000 miles out of them (not sure what I expected)

Here's a picture of my coworkers 2001 Mustang GT pulling a wheel up that has a built engine (Using the 96 teksid engine block that originally came out of my 96 cobra, fun fact) with a vortech v3si, Comp off the shelf cams, and an Edelbrock victor JR intake manifold:

Here's a video of that run, the launch isn't as good as that picture makes it look but I love how the BOV sounds during his burnout.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rotLLULYc

and thats about it i think hes around 18lbs of boost and he put down I believe 620rwhp

JQADDINGMACHINE fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 14, 2018

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

put your money in a log cabin

Buglord
Getting reeeeeeeeeeeal close to pulling the trigger for an aux fuel setup and additional tune for the ecoboost to let me run E85. 400hp is starting to dance with the devil on stock block/heads though.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Man if I had e85 available up here Im sure I would be on my 2nd engine by now. Kind of glad I dont though because its all ready too much car for the road on 93.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

H2SO4 posted:

Getting reeeeeeeeeeeal close to pulling the trigger for an aux fuel setup and additional tune for the ecoboost to let me run E85. 400hp is starting to dance with the devil on stock block/heads though.

Good news there as so many wrecked mustangs used motors are only $1,000!

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

so wait a second someone is telling me that ford is making an electric mustang? is this true?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

Rex-Goliath posted:

so wait a second someone is telling me that ford is making an electric mustang? is this true?

yea that is the rumor and also a 4 door variant

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I like my faux-retro dash, but this is neat.

https://www.americanmuscle.com/auto-meter-direct-fit-dash-gauge-panel-for-two-33-8-four-21-16-gauges-9404-a.html

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
You could put faux retro guages in it!

I wish you could get those display type gauges, like Audi and VW have that can display a GPS and speedo/tach at the same time. They are so cool.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Finally got my exhaust redone. sounds great till about 4k rpm, then it starts farting >.<

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
How quickly mother nature can embarrass us.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
It’s like those pictures of a single cat paw print in the snow half a foot from the door.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Cage posted:

How quickly mother nature can embarrass us.

Strange, I'm not having issues with winter weather.

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Finally launched a spark plug.

Silver lining: I think that was my mystery ticking sound so that'll be fixed.

JQADDINGMACHINE
Jan 5, 2014

thebigcow posted:

Finally launched a spark plug.

Silver lining: I think that was my mystery ticking sound so that'll be fixed.

that happened to me less than 1000 miles after i bought my cobra

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!
Got the car back, ticking sound is indeed gone.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
In the meantime, forza 4 is pretty sweet.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Cage posted:

Hnngghgghhghhghghhghg I really shouldn't get an XBox for this but hnnngghghh. My love for Mustangs started with a SVT Cobra new edge in either Gran Turismo or Forza, I can't even remember, I wasn't much more than ten years old.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Jan 18, 2019

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
PC not good enough? That's what I play on.

That car right there is awd with 561 hp. :coal:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Cage posted:

It has your plate!

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Fury Road wouldve been a lot better if the warboys war cry was "HI IM CAGE". :colbert:

thebigcow
Jan 3, 2001

Bully!

thebigcow posted:

Got the car back, ticking sound is indeed gone.

All kinds of things that I thought were old car problems were solved by new plugs and rear brakes. Wish I could justify a new seat.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
When I put my Mustang away for the winter, I decided my next project would be to do something to the transmission because it needs a fluid flush something fierce.
I have been watching so many transmission videos for the last few months, its no longer black magic to me.
After watching some of these, you will be like, omg this is so simple.

Here is a Jmod. It makes the auto tranny shift harder, faster, and can make it run cooler. Its actually a Ford Supported Mod by word of its inventor, Jerry.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbIAKfhrdV0

Here is a complete rebuild of 4r70w (It is a long multi-part video)
Ultimately its like 8 clutch plates and a valve body, anybody can do a rebuild on this!
my favorite part is everytime the guy says "put this part just like this on the workbench" he says it for every single piece.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6WZE_z9bKQ

Then I watched the Chrisfix videos to remove/install a manual transmission and clutch assembly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al08aGQTkFk
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcWELyTbdP4
After watching the Chrisfix video on the transmission, I mean I cant believe how easy it would be to convert to a manual. you just need to get a clutch pedal assembly and get a new computer or retune it.
Then change the yoke on the driveshaft.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Convert to manual, post pics, enjoy being all :corsair: about manuals disappearing with me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeah do it. If you do it might as well go with an upgraded shifter. My secret shame is Ive never driven a regular mustang shift unit before but I heard they're long and kinda sloppy. My gt had a SR performance short throw and the mach has a MGW short throw, which feels way better than the former.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

https://twitter.com/Shitty_car_mods/status/1093898262980059137

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Welp, my '16 got towed and their lights scratched the piss out of the trunk. Anyone ever had to go after a towing company for damages before? Luckily I had a dashcam that shows them putting on and taking off the lights exactly where the damage occurred.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Like, towed against your will? Good luck, they are the scummiest of the scum.

If you actually paid for a tow then you may have a chance.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

opengl128 posted:

Like, towed against your will? Good luck, they are the scummiest of the scum.

If you actually paid for a tow then you may have a chance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-rNIAN5o5M

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Some butt in a beat to poo poo Nissan scratched my door handle with his door today.

People that rest doors on other cars really bug me.

H2SO4
Sep 11, 2001

Buglord
Yeah, towed against my will unfortunately. It's a special kind of hell watching a couple dickheads break into your car and tow it on the dashcam.

I got free time so I'll be going after them if they don't want to pay which I fully expect to be the case. Worst case scenario if I don't get any traction I'll just file a comp claim and let progressive sue them, I just don't wanna go that route if I can avoid it.

H2SO4 fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Feb 11, 2019

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

https://youtu.be/9NprDHhdf_I

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Why would anyone own such an unsafe car? Where is Ralph Nader?

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
“Crashed Car Channel” lol.

stale meme dot png
May 5, 2015
College Slice
Hey I'm looking at maybe (probably) buying a used 2018 pp2. I posted at length in this very thread when I had a '13 GTM about how I had to get the entire trans replaced after about 5k-6k miles. I know they're still using a variant of that very same transmissions in the cars, but everything I've seen is that they are much improved -- unless you run into some strange bent fork issue. So I was wondering if anyone who has a late model manual GT. Also can I trust the ecm vvt to increase timing if I use e85 without a tune? One of the appeals of this car over say a challenger 392 is they can do flex fuel out of the box. I know if you tune the gen3 coyote you get nice gains from e85 but I'll be reticent to tune it or install power adders for a bit while it still has warranty.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
Broken shift forks seem common in whatever they did to the mt82 in the 18s(I have no idea why and it doesn't seem to be happening with the 19s) and you need a tune for e85.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Hello and welcome to hoodraulic press channel. Ve have here the Ford Mustang, which is very dangerous and can attack at any time, so ve must deal with it.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

Buhbuhj posted:

Broken shift forks seem common in whatever they did to the mt82 in the 18s(I have no idea why and it doesn't seem to be happening with the 19s) and you need a tune for e85.

You do not need a tune on E85 flex fuel 5.0s unless it's somehow not a flex fuel. The factory computer adjusts. I run E85 in my F150 99% of the time and I haven't gotten a tune yet. I can notice the bump in power in the truck, even has more pops crackles from my exhaust on E.
Obviously tune is the best way to go gen 3 coyotes make massive gains with simple bolt ons.
There might be Ford performance calibration pack that maintains warranty.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The Mustang 100% needs a tune to run E85. Its E15 max from the factory. It's not the same as the F150.

And I still attribute broken shift forks to people beating the poo poo out of them. They did revise them for 2018 and I think they're weaker but I don't think you'd ever have a problem unless you are powershifting it or something. No issues with mine at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

BrownieVK posted:

You do not need a tune on E85 flex fuel 5.0s unless it's somehow not a flex fuel. The factory computer adjusts. I run E85 in my F150 99% of the time and I haven't gotten a tune yet. I can notice the bump in power in the truck, even has more pops crackles from my exhaust on E.
Obviously tune is the best way to go gen 3 coyotes make massive gains with simple bolt ons.
There might be Ford performance calibration pack that maintains warranty.
The 5.0 is flex fuel in the F-150. It's not in the mustang.