Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Viewtiful Jew posted:

I just remember in retrospect probably extending the amount of time it would take to beat later levels in Metal Arms because I would first almost always exclusively use the "Jack-In" feature to take over enemy robots instead of using any of the other weapons you got in the game.

Oh man, I loved metal arms. Played it a ton on gamecube.

The weapon system and limb damage system was pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I can't find the general PS4 thread so I'll ask here instead

I'm upgrading my PS4's hard drive and every guide I've seen online says that I need to back up to a third external drive, swap the internal with the new one and then restore. Does anyone know if I can cut out the middleman and just like back up to the new drive externally, then just put that inside and be done with it?

And yeah I get the obvious question of "well if you can connect it externally why not just use it as an external drive and save yourself the hassle" but I'd really rather have the new main larger drive secure inside the console where it can't accidentally get knocked off or misplaced or something

AdmiralViscen
Nov 2, 2011

Iirc the first thing the PS4 does when you put in the new drive is reformat it

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Taintrunner posted:

I'm seriously considering playing the 2008 Turok reboot, somebody stop me

Ok, Ill bite. Why?

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

AdmiralViscen posted:

Iirc the first thing the PS4 does when you put in the new drive is reformat it

Huh. Well, I'll just give it a try and see what happens. I had to format it to do the backup in the first place, hopefully it'll recognize it. If not I'll figure something out I guess

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Wooo! Manage to finish Leon A. I haven't played RE2 for a while so I ended up in 11 hours but my god what a game. It feels good how you can learn quick etc, because i"m just bobbing weaving zombies on Claire B. I also forgot how much that hip pouch was really good haha.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So I just decided I'm never gonna play what used to be my favorite game again

I'm genuinely upset over videogames lmao my life is a wreck

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm sorry you'll never again play Custer's Revenge for the Atari 2600

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

Dark souls?

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

DOTA 2?

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Devil May Cry 2?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Dungeon Crawl, a game most people have never heard of nor will ever care about

It was a community developed game but the devs currently running it keep doing poo poo I hate and actively spite me when I try to talk to them so I don't even wanna touch it anymore. It feels weird and sad to play a game when you know the people making it would rather you didn't play it, or played it while saying nothing to them.

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
Quest 64?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Internet Kraken posted:

It was a community developed game but the devs currently running it keep doing poo poo I hate and actively spite me when I try to talk to them so I don't even wanna touch it anymore. It feels weird and sad to play a game when you know the people making it would rather you didn't play it, or played it while saying nothing to them.

Just play stone soup

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I had trouble putting my finger on what it reminds me of, but I think Kingdom Hearts 3 looks and sounds like a Sonic Adventure game. I bet it's what sega would make if Sonic had that any of budget anymore.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

Oh oof, that sucks. You would think feedback would apperciated but there are devs like that out there unforunately.

Have their head up their asses a bit.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

I had trouble putting my finger on what it reminds me of, but I think Kingdom Hearts 3 looks and sounds like a Sonic Adventure game. I bet it's what sega would make if Sonic had that any of budget anymore.

Kingdom Hearts 3 is good, though.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

chumbler posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 is good, though.

Fans of the series I know seem to think it's mediocre to disappointing

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Fans of Kingdom Hearts cannot be trusted on anything

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
dont give up, skeleton

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Verranicus posted:

Fans of the series I know seem to think it's mediocre to disappointing

Fans of the series I know seem to think it owns, bitch

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The dunky was negative and hes got less patience than me but not by much so imma trust him

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

lol Dunky isn't a reviewer, they make funny videos.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Kingdom Hearts 3 looks like an entirely spectacle driven game where even on the hardest difficulty every single fight is a cakewalk.

Some people like that but I need to be engaged with a game when I play it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

LIVE AMMO ROLEPLAY posted:

lol Dunky isn't a reviewer, they make funny videos.

Game sucks is not the joke part

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

Kingdom Hearts 3 looks like an entirely spectacle driven game where even on the hardest difficulty every single fight is a cakewalk.

Proud mode can definitely gently caress you up if you're not paying attention, but the game's not DMC nor does it set out to be.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Macaluso posted:

Fans of the series I know seem to think it owns, bitch

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

It's a game made by square so yes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
the only square game with good action combat is lightning returns

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

corn in the bible posted:

the only square game with good action combat is lightning returns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yghb_qgKrUo

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Are the other Kingdom Hearts games really obnoxious with enemy spawns? I just want to get these loving chests in KH1 but first I have to fight 10 waves of enemies that blink around out of reach or they're dumb wizard that's invincible when doing an easy to dodge weak attack.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

just hit the second region in nioh, is there a point at which the way of the west set finally gets replaced? i just keep getting higher and higher leveled versions of the pieces off of ghosts, of which every single one of them seems to be using the way of the west set. i like the lightning odachi and all but i'd like to mix it up a bit.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Cowcaster posted:

just hit the second region in nioh, is there a point at which the way of the west set finally gets replaced? i just keep getting higher and higher leveled versions of the pieces off of ghosts, of which every single one of them seems to be using the way of the west set. i like the lightning odachi and all but i'd like to mix it up a bit.

Way of the west is kind of mediocre pretty much from the start.

It's just easy to get so ghosts usually have it

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Chieves posted:

Which Trackmania should I buy?

TrackMania Turbo is the latest I believe, and I've had a lot of fun with it.

They're all pretty good and pretty similar, I do believe there's a free to play one on Steam if you want to try out the series without paying anything.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

al-azad posted:

Are the other Kingdom Hearts games really obnoxious with enemy spawns? I just want to get these loving chests in KH1 but first I have to fight 10 waves of enemies that blink around out of reach or they're dumb wizard that's invincible when doing an easy to dodge weak attack.

kh1 is the best one, enjoy

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MysticalMachineGun posted:

They honestly probably haven't thought about it rather than made a conscious decision

Don't need to worry about disconnects with netcode this good! *reality kool-aid mans in through the wall*

You're probably being sarcastic but the netcode actually is shockingly good

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

precision posted:

You're probably being sarcastic but the netcode actually is shockingly good

I was more going with "no matter how good your netcode is there's always something you didn't/couldn't account for"

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Internet Kraken posted:

Did gooncrawl also take a nosedive or something

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

MysticalMachineGun posted:

I was more going with "no matter how good your netcode is there's always something you didn't/couldn't account for"

Oh for sure, I'm just shocked that in like 20 hours I've not been booted or dropped once and only seen lag maybe 3 times. It's pretty crazy when my last big multiplayer game was mass effect, whose MP often ran like it was being hosted on a 386

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
that feel when the electricity's been out all day and your ds is on its last bar and then the power comes back on