Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Plus there's something about the strip's art that makes me hate it on an instinctual, visceral level, like a mother bird recoiling at the smell of a chick that has been touched by a human
I hate the old stupid man's old stupid face. I hate the insecure old hag's insecurity and grotesque way of referring to the act of sexual intercourse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That dog from Footrot Flats looks so familiar, but I could swear I never even heard of the strip before.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

My Lovely Horse posted:

That dog from Footrot Flats looks so familiar, but I could swear I never even heard of the strip before.

:same:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Yvonmukluk posted:

Bad Machinery

i read all of BM months ago and I forgot how good all of Shauna's family stuff is.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Flatfoots was posted in the past, but I don't recall it being posted for very long.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

Sir Lemming posted:

I can appreciate the desire to make sure somebody picked up on your secret gag, but plausible deniability might have been wiser in the long run...

(The version on gocomics is edited now, and the strip has been dropped from at least one paper)
Oh sure, I read that after spending a couple minutes squinting at it and wondering why I couldn't find it. :argh:

Then I made the mistake of reading the twitter responses in case someone had the original, and it was a bunch of people pearl-clutching about :decorum:.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Calaveron posted:

I hate the old stupid man's old stupid face.
I hate the way his moustache grows out of the sides of his nose. Look at a human face. See that bit between the nose and the mouth? That's where the moustache goes. That area, on Ben, is hairless and he has some kind of weird fungus sitting above it where no hair should be.

Except in panel one of that particular strip where his moustache temporarily appears in the correct position.

Luxrage
Jan 2, 2017

I have no idea what I'm doing!

There's no end in sight from Closer to Home!

I'm glad that off-center label was added to the maintenance man or else I would have never known who he was!

This one hits a little too closer to home.

Luxrage fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Feb 11, 2019

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Lazlo Nibble posted:

Pick any one-hit wonder you like and imagine if that song turned out to be so unbelievably emotionally resonant and meaningful to a very specific demographic with a very large amount of disposable income that instead of spending the rest of their career trying to get out from under the shadow of being that “I Ran”/“No Rain”/“Somebody That I Used to Know” band, they leaned into it super fuckin’ hard and managed to turn that one song's aesthetic into the foundation for an enormously successful multinational lifestyle brand that allowed them to shift into creative neutral and coast until the seas rise and boil and the only ones left listening are the tardigrades.

(No, I don’t need ketchup or napkins with my order, thanks.)
Blind Melon wasn't stuck under the shadow of the "No Rain" band.

Because the singer died of a cocaine overdose.

Sir Lemming posted:

I can appreciate the desire to make sure somebody picked up on your secret gag, but plausible deniability might have been wiser in the long run...

(The version on gocomics is edited now, and the strip has been dropped from at least one paper)

Any chance of the non-edited version?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Feb 11, 2019

mwdan
Feb 7, 2004

Webbed Blobs
Found it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

mwdan posted:

Found it

Thanks. The gocomics version has that area blank but also a comment talking about that corner and I was all :confused:

And searches just game me papers talking about it but not showing it.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
That was a very stupid thing to do

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Kelrast Gulch claims another victim.

Tiggum posted:

Haha, I didn't even register that. My mind just automatically translated it to .12, which is drunk but not "you are literally dying" drunk.
Yeah I think it's a common but wrong way to say BAC.

The Bloop posted:

I don't think Wiley cares. He's been around a long time, and I doubt this will kill him.

F Minus

Macanudo

Mark Trail

Yeah that toucan was really the most exciting thing about your time together.

So here he implies Mark was there to write a story about LIDAR, but for the record, while they did learn about LIDAR from Professor Howard Carter, the archaeologist, when this story began way back in April of last year, they specifically said they were going on vacation.

Mary Worth

Looking forward to this week's "open marriage" storyline.

The Phantom

My name is also Walker! :eek:

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

:lol:

Apartment 3-G

You go, Tommie! Don't take this poo poo!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Johnny Walker posted:

The Phantom

My name is also Walker! :eek:
President Walker!?! Ambassador Walker!?! New Chief of Security Walker!?! ME?!?!?!?!?!

Well that's what happens when you come from The Nation That Walks*

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Awww, Shawna and Dan.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

The Bloop posted:

It has been a very long time since I read Bizarro Non Sequitur, but I remember it becoming increasingly smug and insufferable over the years (at least Sunday strips).

Scarodactyl fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Feb 12, 2019

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

Zetsubou-san posted:

Footrot Flats (1976)

Footrot Flats owns and I'm glad you're posting it. It's a good (and quite funny) depiction of the realities of farming, warts and all. It was very popular in Denmark for some reason (shared farming traditions I guess?), and we had translations of all 27 collections which I read down at the local library whenever I got the chance to. Ball even made a little drawing dedicated to his Danish fans for the last translated collection but I can't find it online anywhere :(

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
2012 Spiderman

The Amazing Spiderman

Dick Tracy

Locher Tracy

Origins of the Sunday Comics

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Scarodactyl posted:

It has been a very long time since I read Bizarro but I remember it becoming increasingly smug and insufferable over the years (at least Sunday strips).

Sure but hiding an F word on the Sunday funnies in what is ostensibly a coloring page for kids is pretty hosed up, even directed against the Cheeto in Chief

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Scarodactyl posted:

It has been a very long time since I read Bizarro but I remember it becoming increasingly smug and insufferable over the years (at least Sunday strips).
Nah, this is Non Sequitur. Different one-panel comic with an annoying guy writing it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Did we ever get a backstory for Clown-9? Does he have superpowers? Is he a supergenius? How the gently caress does he have so many gadgets and stuff?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Hardy Laurel always wanted to be a clown. This is why he was in a Broadway play.

fact: Clown-9's maximum power level is high enough to defeat even Squirrel Girl

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
He wanted to be a Broadway star, he hosed that up. Plan B was a clown themed supervillain. That's actually not a bad career plan in the Marvel Universe.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Really Pants posted:

Hardy Laurel always wanted to be a clown. This is why he was in a Broadway play.

fact: Clown-9's maximum power level is high enough to defeat even Squirrel Girl
God I would pay so much money to see Squirrel Girl versus Clown-9.

The Dinette Set passes it down.

Working Daze commits murder.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix probably should have cleared this with the editor.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender
No superpowers. Not a supergenius. Just an evil clown. That's enough to be Spiderman's greatest foe.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Retail

Nganga of Adventure

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Dang thats a ok elephant

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Clown-9 said he always wanted to be a clown, but apparently it's much easier to become an understudy to the lead in a Broadway play, so he did that instead of following his dream. In the meantime, he created a bunch of clown-related crime gadgets in his secret clown lair, and even a car with a duck head on it which he kept parked on the street outside his house hidden under a sheet. So, when his plan to injure the lead actor in the play and take his place failed, he was ready for his true calling: a clown crime wave. All he needed by then was a persona, and so using what is really a forced pun on the term "I'm on cloud 9" meaning "to be happy," he became "Clown-9," a crime clown.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Selachian posted:

Nganga of Adventure

I'd just like to point out that Edge of Adventure is almost three years old, and nothing has happened.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Nekonaughey??

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ghostlight posted:

Nekonaughey??

:ohdear:

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Calaveron posted:

I've been dwelling on this for three days, thinking about it, and I can safely say without a doubt this is the most upsetting, disgusting euphemism you can use for the act of loving

she wants him to put his pompy in her rompy :kiddo:

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Sherman's Lagoon

9 Chickweed Lane

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

The Bloop posted:

Yes it was.

HERE'S how you troll Trump in the comics:

Jim Keefe is a totally awesome dude.

http://www.jimkeefe.com/archives/10722

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

sweeperbravo posted:

she wants him to put his pompy in her rompy :kiddo:

And Christ's sake it's completely senseless because italian dishes are all Ts and Ls and Zs and Ps, not whatever bullshit horrible word he made up
Canoodle would've worked, just change it to like, Chinese or whatever ethnic dish these two old idiots would have no respect for

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

good work colorist

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set serves 2.

Working Daze hangs out in the cube wall factory.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix could stand to refine the act a bit.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

FrumpleOrz posted:

Safe Havens

FOR FUCKS SAKE WE GET IT - MOVE ON ALREADY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Drakyn posted:

Nah, this is Non Sequitur. Different one-panel comic with an annoying guy writing it.
You are absolutely correct that I meant Non Sequitur, not Bizarro. They were next to each other in the paper of my youth with thr same format, so I have then filed so close that the pages often get stuck together.

The Bloop posted:

Sure but hiding an F word on the Sunday funnies in what is ostensibly a coloring page for kids is pretty hosed up, even directed against the Cheeto in Chief
I totally agree. I am just indicating that I'm not surprised he's got a sense of self-importance big enough to think this was a good idea.

Scarodactyl fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Feb 12, 2019