Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I'm loving that "We don't have the rights to any of the old sponsors" EA NASCAR 2002 paint scheme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

pik_d posted:

The Williams looks exactly like those fake liveries in games like Motorsport Manager.

That was van der garde‘s Twitter response. He‘s a good lad.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At some point Frank will have to think if Claire is doing a good job. The last 3 years of Williams are insanely bad.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
Sir Frank has a lot of things about him that make him very special. He’s an icon, a businessman, a hero, a living legend. I think Claire is great and the appointment of Paddy Lowe should’ve turned things around really well last year, it didn’t pay off as expected. I can’t look at any of her public decisions in isolation and say “that was a bad shout”. Even the Sirotkin decision brought lots of money in for the team - which was a good move for the team, if not who the fans wanted in the car. 12 months later and they’ve got Kubica in and he’s had a year in the simulator to get himself ready to go again. They’ve managed to get a big sponsor on the car even though they bottomed out the constructors championship last year.

Really hopeful for this year. But I do agree that if performance doesn’t improve there’s got to be some changes. From listening to what Paddy was saying in interviews & fan newsletters - he’s owning the problem and the team aren’t firing people, avoiding the classic “blame” culture and instead trying to learn from the lessons. Which is progressive and awesome. I just hope it leads to results this year. Ideally not the bottom guys. If we can compete with Racing Point as the other Merc team then that would be nice.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

pik_d posted:

The Williams looks exactly like those fake liveries in games like Motorsport Manager.

My reaction exactly. It's so painfully video game generic.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

DoctorGonzo posted:

At some point Frank will have to think if Claire is doing a good job. The last 3 years of Williams are insanely bad.

Honestly I didn't think the first three seasons of House of Cards were very good either.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Williams is basically the Great Value store brand of F1 teams at this point.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
im reading that they showed last year piece of poo poo car with the new front wing? just what the gently caress williams.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

It wasn't even a new front wing.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
so they dont have the new car ready yet? what was the point just a show for the sponsor and press people?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

DoctorGonzo posted:

so they dont have the new car ready yet? what was the point just a show for the sponsor and press people?

The car will be so awesome they can't show it yet. The 3d printers of the top four teams would recreate it before official testing, and all advantage would be lost.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

remember: there's still the rumor of a major aero loophole, the size of the double-diffusor

(which - of course - will only be a wet fart in regard to how teams twist the horizontal rear wing support similar to what mclaren did last year, but it makes testing more fun. bring on the dazzle camo)

(also also: apparently Ferrari will run a similar red/grey/black livery as the ducati winnow livery, which should look pretty good. Even if the rumors are true and it will be matte)

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tuo posted:

remember: there's still the rumor of a major aero loophole, the size of the double-diffusor

(also also: apparently Ferrari will run a similar red/grey/black livery as the ducati winnow livery, which should look pretty good. Even if the rumors are true and it will be matte)

Per Turrini Mekies job is to find loopholes to exploit and whatever the color it will be an ugly car.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Feb 11, 2019

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I see this year's theme for the livery competition is "lazy garbage"

I can't wait to see Ferrari's lovely entry, "a red car"

I think only are Lance's car can save us now.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Powershift posted:

I see this year's theme for the livery competition is "lazy garbage"

I can't wait to see Ferrari's lovely entry, "a red car"

I think only are Lance's car can save us now.

Force Stroll can't even come up with a team name, do you really expect a non-assy livery?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tsaedje posted:

Force Stroll can't even come up with a team name, do you really expect a non-assy livery?

Maybe Lawrence will let his more talented child design it. She's got style.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:jackbud:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I've heard rumors the new Ferrari is going to be the darker red like the new Ducati's. Should look pretty good.

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

That Williams livery is an abomination

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

djssniper posted:

That Williams livery is an abomination

Stroll GP will manage to be worse

djssniper
Jan 10, 2003

Thanks Ants posted:

Stroll GP will manage to be worse

Not sure how you beat that awful gradient but I'm willing to see

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

We all know what the best modern look was

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
I hope the Racing Point cars are good. Stroll deserves a car that can complement his talent.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Astoundingly Ugly Baby posted:

I hope the Racing Point cars are good. Stroll deserves a car that can complement his talent.

Imagine if the car is good and also the livery is good.

then only the worst poster in the worst thread wouldn't be on board.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Stroll GP is gonna own, gently caress the haters.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Pains me to say it but they will probably be better than McLaren

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
So the new Williams sponsor (ROKiT) are also sponsoring Nic Hamilton for a season of BTCC. This is clearly an attempt to get Lewis to Williams in 2020.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Looking at it again, the Williams livery is so bad it makes me angry.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

pik_d posted:

I think it’s because the Rokit logo looks so generic, like the fake companies in the MM games.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Wiltsghost posted:

I've heard rumors the new Ferrari is going to be the darker red like the new Ducati's. Should look pretty good.

I'll miss the traditional rosso corsa but this is pretty great.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Gigi Galli posted:

I'll miss the traditional rosso corsa but this is pretty great.
I give you credit for noticing the failure of hue but I take all that credit away and dock you further points for liking it. Rosso Corsa is the best red and it is offensive for any Italian motor vehicle not to race under that color. I'm honestly surprised people are not rioting in Italy that Ducati and Ferrari should run such fraudulent colors. Once upon a time there was a matter of national pride with such things. Sad.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Mission Winnow Red is cool and I hope Ducati has it as an option for the Ducati Panigale V4S when I buy one.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

1500quidpoocati posted:

The Mission Winnow Red is cool and I hope Ducati has it as an option for the Ducati Panigale V4S when I buy one.

What do I have to do to convince you not to do this

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
This is Williams's new sponsor ROKiT, fwiw. TL;DR, they're out to "democratize healthcare" (for Americans, presumably) by selling lovely $50 phones, the service plans for which include things like "Family Telemedicine 24/7/365," a "Pharmacy Savings Platform", and "$20k Burial Insurance."

Edit: Worse comes to worst, at least Frank won't have to pay to dispose of the 2019 Williams.

marshalljim fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 12, 2019

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The Kimoa Kid posted:

What do I have to do to convince you not to do this

I yearn for the Ducati Panigale V4S. Nothing will stop me.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

i want a Panigale V4S powered OG fiat 500.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
lmao Williams my team my absolute team really loving scraping the bottom of the barrel holy poo poo

God drat do I hope ROKiT is paying a shitload at the very least.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

I give you credit for noticing the failure of hue but I take all that credit away and dock you further points for liking it. Rosso Corsa is the best red and it is offensive for any Italian motor vehicle not to race under that color. I'm honestly surprised people are not rioting in Italy that Ducati and Ferrari should run such fraudulent colors. Once upon a time there was a matter of national pride with such things. Sad.

Minardi never raced under Rosso Corsa and they were cool and good despite being absolute rear end the whole time. A shameful interpretation of national racing colors. Take this nonsense back to the islands where literally nobody is running British racing green. Shameful. Absolutely disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
Some random Redditor's photoshop update of the original:

Maybe he didn't bid on their $50 Upwork job.