Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
I think it'd be fine if the jobs that need you to be at level 60 anyway would start in Ishgard. Or jobs from the next expansion starting in Kugane.

But yeah, level 30 jobs only being unlocked when you're like level 54 was really stupid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

homeless snail posted:

All the jobs are going to start in Eorzea from now on even if it makes no sense, because sticking the HW jobs in Ishgard really really pissed people off

Why?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Because it means people had to get through the 2.0 AND 2.x quest series in order to start using the new jobs, instead of just being 50 and I think doing original ARR for sam and rdm.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
GUN starts in Gridania because that city is the one most like a garden.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Failboattootoot posted:

Because it means people had to get through the 2.0 AND 2.x quest series in order to start using the new jobs, instead of just being 50 and I think doing original ARR for sam and rdm.

I suppose that makes sense.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

If you were current on your quests when HW launched it wasn't a big deal, the first quest unlocked ishgard and then you could do your thing.

If you were starting fresh, you had to hit level 50, and then finish 100 quests, many of which were very lovely fetch quests, to unlock a job that starts at level 30, which you then have to level to 50 again to continue the story with.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm actually uncertain as to whether all my crafters will reach 70 before Shadowbringers. The 50-70 grind is a lot more relaxed than the 1-50 one, but also a lot slower (primarily because GC turn-ins are no longer financially viable for pretty much everything other than Culinarian). So I pretty much just do Moogle/Namazu quests and Custom Deliveries each day/week, but that's pretty slow. The 50-60 grind is really the bottleneck; 60-70 seems to go faster, and I get the impression from looking at recipes that making GC turn-ins might be easier at that point.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Rainuwastaken posted:

Before you get excited, they only have any function inside of Eureka. The name is just "Cassie Earring" and it's part of a set of Eureka items (along with the Speed Belt and some hat) that give pretty beefy bonus stats....but not anywhere you'd actually want or need them. I just remember them going for a couple hundred million gil when Pagos came out, though obviously they'd be worth far less nowadays.

These things were so ridiculously desired that people spent ~30 dollars to literally transport their gil to japanese servers, purchase cassie earrings off of their MBs for about a tenth of the price, and transfer back to their original servers.

Having the Pagos items now is just mostly for flexing since Pyros Actions kind of invalidated the idea of rare rear end eureka-specific stat boost gear, but people will still whine about Cassie while in Pagos because it's a not insignificant chance to hit a literal jackpot by just participating in that fight.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Ytlaya posted:

I'm actually uncertain as to whether all my crafters will reach 70 before Shadowbringers. The 50-70 grind is a lot more relaxed than the 1-50 one, but also a lot slower (primarily because GC turn-ins are no longer financially viable for pretty much everything other than Culinarian). So I pretty much just do Moogle/Namazu quests and Custom Deliveries each day/week, but that's pretty slow. The 50-60 grind is really the bottleneck; 60-70 seems to go faster, and I get the impression from looking at recipes that making GC turn-ins might be easier at that point.

Don't forget to use your leves if you haven't been already. You probably need more then 100 total to level cap everything from where you are now but it's a huge source of XP for crafting classes.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Ytlaya posted:

I'm actually uncertain as to whether all my crafters will reach 70 before Shadowbringers.

You have 5 months left, if you continue to do it regularly you'll get there with time to spare imo.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thundarr posted:

Don't forget to use your leves if you haven't been already. You probably need more then 100 total to level cap everything from where you are now but it's a huge source of XP for crafting classes.

Is there a leve guide you'd recommend for this? I've decided to start this grind as well. Not really expecting to get to 70 outside of a couple classes (I have two above 50 and the next highest isn't even 20) but would like to make an effort.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Ytlaya posted:

GC turn-ins are a ton of XP, especially if you HQ something that's starred. If you have gil to throw around you don't have to be the one that makes the turn-in; it can be bought off the MB. My general rule of thumb was to only bother trying to make/buy the starred items though.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Wacky Delly posted:

GC turn-ins are a ton of XP, especially if you HQ something that's starred. If you have gil to throw around you don't have to be the one that makes the turn-in; it can be bought off the MB. My general rule of thumb was to only bother trying to make/buy the starred items though.

:agreed: I recommend only doing the starred turn-ins, and make sure they're HQ. That usually gets you a gigantic chunk of a level.

Honestly, 50-70 DoH leveling for me was pretty straightforward. Almost every tier of levequest past 50 (every 2 levels) will have at least one turn-in for each class that's a pretty basic material craft compared to the others which are more involved. These will often yield material rewards which feed right back into the same leve or other class leves. The gil reward for each turn-in also helps offset the total cost. Sometimes you can ride a wave of undercuts on the MB and break even or even make a slight profit off turn-ins for almost no time investment.

Oh, and definitely complete those custom deliveries, plus Moogle/Namazu dailies. Just do them on whatever class is your highest for the appropriate level range. Those rewards add up very quickly over time, and you can make decent money selling those Namazu materials.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

Is there a leve guide you'd recommend for this? I've decided to start this grind as well. Not really expecting to get to 70 outside of a couple classes (I have two above 50 and the next highest isn't even 20) but would like to make an effort.

I guess I don't have a specific guide I used (I'm sure somebody has one handy!) but there are generally two types of leves you want to focus on: delivery leves have your drop off the product in another town and are usually the best xp per time spent, and triple turn-ins let you deliver the product up to three times for the best xp per leve spent. There are exceptions to this especially at 60+ where there are leves for easy basic things like lumber that you can spam for several levels, but mostly you want to get enough mats to do a bunch of the same delivery leve until a higher level one becomes available.

Ignore the large-scale leves in Ishgard, they aren't worth it.

Otherwise, just focus on making everything HQ as much as possible (if turning several things in, they must all be HQ or all NQ). If you hit a roadblock with your gear and can't reliably make HQs, it's ok to pick an easier leve to work on until you have better gear. And if you're rich you can just buy all the turn-ins off the MB and blow through your entire leve allowance in a couple minutes. But most people still leveling crafters aren't in that position.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Thanks. Are there any classes I should focus on for cross class skills?

Also speaking of expenses, won't crafting stuff myself also get expensive from buying mats?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

It really depends on what you're making. Honestly, you should be gathering your own mats if you want to save money.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

Thanks. Are there any classes I should focus on for cross class skills?

CUL to 37, everything else except LTW to 50. LTW's cross class (Waste Not) isn't bad, it just becomes functionally useless at 66 when you get Prudent Touch

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Emalde posted:

These things were so ridiculously desired that people spent ~30 dollars to literally transport their gil to japanese servers, purchase cassie earrings off of their MBs for about a tenth of the price, and transfer back to their original servers.

Having the Pagos items now is just mostly for flexing since Pyros Actions kind of invalidated the idea of rare rear end eureka-specific stat boost gear, but people will still whine about Cassie while in Pagos because it's a not insignificant chance to hit a literal jackpot by just participating in that fight.

I've had people in Pagos threaten to report me to the GMs for prepping other NMs because they believed it blocked Cassie from spawning and that constituted harassment.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Ytlaya posted:

please dont tell me this i have all the crafters/gather classes at 50's

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Keep in mind that GC turnin costs will likely drop steadily the closer we get to Shadowbringers, since everyone will be trying to offload common materials for cheap to clear space before the expansion. You definitely have enough time to get them all to 70 if you do your dailies consistently and pick up cheap GC starred turnins.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

please dont tell me this i have all the crafters/gather classes at 50's

It's like 30 leves per crafter class to get them from 50 to 60, and about the some for 60-70. If you have money and no time, just getting someone to make you a levekit and cheesing the whole leveling process is damned quick and easily doable before 5.0 drops

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11L0KG35EXmEk3LsYvncYVj7w7E05aPxE--ZetnJIRC4/edit#gid=1636215448

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yhd-yEa7dPj2WY9X3t02w0P3WeDydVRCWWzQiBoifuA/edit#gid=997516667

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Bolow posted:

It's like 30 leves per crafter class to get them from 50 to 60, and about the some for 60-70. If you have money and no time, just getting someone to make you a levekit and cheesing the whole leveling process is damned quick and easily doable before 5.0 drops

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11L0KG35EXmEk3LsYvncYVj7w7E05aPxE--ZetnJIRC4/edit#gid=1636215448

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Yhd-yEa7dPj2WY9X3t02w0P3WeDydVRCWWzQiBoifuA/edit#gid=997516667

Thanks for this. Been looking for info like this since I am currently attempting to level all my crafters from 1 (all of them are currently 15).

EDIT: Any similar guides to avoid leve usage if you have gathering classes available (at least for 15-50)

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Feb 12, 2019

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

DontMindMe posted:

Thanks for this. Been looking for info like this since I am currently attempting to level all my crafters from 1 (all of them are currently 15).

EDIT: Any similar guides to avoid leve usage if you have gathering classes available (at least for 15-50)

Don't use gathering leves period unless you're absolutely desperate for XP. You're better off mindlessly grinding away until you hit like 54 I think? Then you can do scrip turn ins all the way to 70.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

Bolow posted:

Don't use gathering leves period unless you're absolutely desperate for XP. You're better off mindlessly grinding away until you hit like 54 I think? Then you can do scrip turn ins all the way to 70.

That is actually what I've been doing for gathering classes (mindlessly grinding).

I meant a guide to avoid crafting leves if I have gatherer classes leveled up to help collect materials.
Mainly because I'd burn through my allowance just getting one class to 50.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
For 60-70 leves are the way to go. Every crafter class has one or more 3x turn in leve that's just refining a basic material (BSM get's High Steel Nuggets, CRP has Beech Lumber etc. with LTW being the latest start with Tiger Leather at 64) and spamming those with HQ turn ins is good xp. I want to say it took me around 150 or so leves to max out all my crafting classes going from 60-70 just doing those leves.

Bolow posted:

I'd suggest doing FSH gatherer leves, mostly because when you get to spearfishing they're easy to do and they also allow you to pick up turbans which are great for grinding CUL with.

EponymousMrYar fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Feb 12, 2019

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along
Struggling with a quest in the post Stormblood MSQ.

I have to help some idiot moogle that is surrounded by two red chocobos. I start to wreck them, then they drop these endless AOE meteors that 2 shot me.

I'm missing some mechanic but I can't figure out what.

This is a good game.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

I have to help some idiot moogle that is surrounded by two red chocobos. I start to wreck them, then they drop these endless AOE meteors that 2 shot me.

This is a good game.

The aoe meteors are not endless. The mechanic is "don't stop running until the barrage ends, because they hit fast and hard". Attack when they're pecking, run when meteors.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

Rainuwastaken posted:

Nobody cares about Cassie for the light. The reason people are after her is because she drops earrings that give you a constant haste effect while in Eureka, giving you a faster GCD. You can sell these on the marketboard for about a bazillion dollars because people have more money than sense and they drop unbelievably infrequently.

This is old but I just wanted to clarify that I was talking about Louhi and I did know that already. :colbert:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
well the latest LuckyBancho data shows that 5.8% of NA players, 7.3% of EU players, and 18.6% of JP players have reached level 50 in Eureka. i guess japanese players really do like it a lot more than other regions after all

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

This is a good game.

Use your chocobo to distract them, they typically do metors in 2s or 3s so don't stop moving.

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Countblanc posted:

well the latest LuckyBancho data shows that 5.8% of NA players, 7.3% of EU players, and 18.6% of JP players have reached level 50 in Eureka. i guess japanese players really do like it a lot more than other regions after all

Never been more proud to be NA. :patriot:

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Countblanc posted:

Keep in mind that those numbers may not reflect a completely accurate dataset. A lot of people, when light farming in Pyros, will intentionally delevel to increase light gain. A more accurate count would also certainly include elvl 49.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Marathanes posted:

Keep in mind that those numbers may not reflect a completely accurate dataset. A lot of people, when light farming in Pyros, will intentionally delevel to increase light gain. A more accurate count would also certainly include elvl 49.

It’s probably basing it off achievements I would think.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Marathanes posted:

Possibly, but it seems weird to assume only NA would be doing that, or at a significantly higher rate than JP at least. Note that I'm mostly interested in the gap between those rather than the numbers themselves.

Also NA has much lower rates of level 50 BLU and Alphascape clears* than the other regions. I guess NA just glamours and nothing else? maybe we're kings of LoV.

*the measure for this one is really weird though, but the gap is so sizable regardless

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

Mordiceius posted:

It’s probably basing it off achievements I would think.

I didn't even think about tracking it this way - I figured it had to be a manual census kind of thing. Are achievements publicly accessible for all characters?

DEAD GAY FORUM
Dec 18, 2018

the good posts were inside you all along

Captain Oblivious posted:

The aoe meteors are not endless. The mechanic is "don't stop running until the barrage ends, because they hit fast and hard". Attack when they're pecking, run when meteors.

I am fully outside of the AOE circle and I still get hit and take 90% damage.

LoL it's comically stupid. 25 yards outside of the AOE circle and it still hits me.

DEAD GAY FORUM fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 12, 2019

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Welp, just logged in for a quick EXDR, forgetting that they're starting patch maintenance in ten minutes

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Countblanc posted:

I'm impressed, 18% seems insanely high

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

LoL it's comically stupid. 25 yards outside of the AOE circle and it still hits me.

This meteors aren't an in or out thing. Damage is based on distance from center. That's what those ground markers mean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I hope the new Rival Wings is good

DEAD GAY FORUM posted:

Never stop moving, they have very very short cast times so latency is a factor