Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Sounds like some of the money behind Rokit is from one of the founders of Tequila Patron, who sold their business a couple years ago. So it sounds like he’s spending his money poorly already.

On a startup, of course, not on racing.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
What's a "children's garden" and why would it be significant that a child made a thing there

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

What's a "children's garden" and why would it be significant that a child made a thing there

I'm assuming that is translated to English and it mis-translated kindergarten.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
It's the cabbage patch

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Maybe Lance designed it before he left.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

marshalljim posted:

This is Williams's new sponsor ROKiT, fwiw. TL;DR, they're out to "democratize healthcare" (for Americans, presumably) by selling lovely $50 phones, the service plans for which include things like "Family Telemedicine 24/7/365," a "Pharmacy Savings Platform", and "$20k Burial Insurance."

Edit: Worse comes to worst, at least Frank won't have to pay to dispose of the 2019 Williams.

“ROK Brands, a global company whose mission is to improve the lifestyle of mankind around the world with a diverse offering of products and services”

Phwoar, so proud of Williams for choosing such a fine British partner. I guess posters itt would prefer sponsors for cancer, global warming fuel and heart attack juice like teams from other places

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poty posted:

“ROK Brands, a global company whose mission is to improve the lifestyle of mankind around the world with a diverse offering of products and services”

Phwoar, so proud of Williams for choosing such a fine British partner. I guess posters itt would prefer sponsors for cancer, global warming fuel and heart attack juice like teams from other places

Marlboros and Heineken are good

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
i know the 2019 car is not ready but im sure the press would have waited if they needed time to finish painting it before the launch

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
williams really needed to do a full press event? release some loving renders or something is not like you had a new car to show or something

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Thanks I’m blind

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/SmilexTech/status/1095061678746685440?s=19

can someone put this loving team out of his misery?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It gets less yellow every year.
https://twitter.com/RenaultF1Team/status/1095289242421477377

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Still good though

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice Renault i wish they could add some white like Prost era Renault.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I think it's the 2018 car with a 2019 front wing. If it's a real 2019 wing that's a really interesting concept for it with a huge main element and the rest all stacked towards the back.

I am going to be repeatedly irked when people can't tell the Renault from the Haas side on, though, I can feel it

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Black lotus

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Tsaedje posted:

I think it's the 2018 car with a 2019 front wing. If it's a real 2019 wing that's a really interesting concept for it with a huge main element and the rest all stacked towards the back.

I am going to be repeatedly irked when people can't tell the Renault from the Haas side on, though, I can feel it

No that's the 2019 car, it has Ferrari sidepods.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Looks like they did a live livery launch on the 2018 car and released the 2019 car on twitter. I guess they can control what angles they're showing off of the 2019 car that way

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Phwoar Our Dan is gonna look mighty fine driving that to multiple podiums in the 2019 season

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Why did they put a piss stream on their car?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidpoocati posted:

they are pissing on the competiton

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

GramCracker posted:

Phwoar Our Dan is gonna look mighty fine driving that to multiple podiums in the 2019 season

:same:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GramCracker posted:

they are pissing on the competiton

I'm going to love WDC Danny Ric

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

1500quidpoocati posted:

Turn your monitor etc etc

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
It looks like a giant angry wasp. Genuinely - I think it's a few steps away from actually taking off on the start/finish straight and attacking the locals.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Genuinely lol’ing at the idea of Bogan pissboi winning a race this year lmao

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
It's possible if Seb or Max flip out and take out the rest of the front runners

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

1500quidpoocati posted:

Genuinely lol’ing at the idea of Bogan pissboi winning a race this year lmao

He might.

If i had to pick which one, i'd guess maybe the Bathurst 1000.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Old Grasshopper posted:

It looks like a giant angry wasp. Genuinely - I think it's a few steps away from actually taking off on the start/finish straight and attacking the locals.

Phwoar Jordan GP

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

It’s fine but I prefer golden-yellow.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Good looking car imo

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Powershift posted:

He might.

If i had to pick which one, i'd guess maybe the Bathurst 1000.

might create another slow train at monaco

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
when vettel and frog man crash i hope my boi charl can win instead of assly, boattas or whatever the gently caress drives for mclaren or whatever i dont care

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

DoctorGonzo posted:

when vettel and frog man crash i hope my boi charl can win instead of assly, boattas or whatever the gently caress drives for mclaren or whatever i dont care

wow, tifosi brains deteriorate at a rapid pace

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Good looking car imo

whos driving for Renault again?

*consults notes*

ah yes, that car will look beautiful sitting on the side of the track with smoke coming out of the engine while are dan looks dejected

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

That car needs to drink more water

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

harperdc posted:

Sounds like some of the money behind Rokit is from one of the founders of Tequila Patron,

Who? If it's Ed Brown, then he seems like a cool guy. I just watched "Gentleman Drivers" on Netflix and he's one of the guys in that. Loves his motor racing and has spent what is probably a small fortune in WEC / sportscar racing so he can get to drive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
that williams livery is pretty :effort: but i at least appreciate that the blue is a new color on the grid, i guess?