Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.
evil people have always lived in towers, this isn't new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

A real Altered Carbon feel to this story.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

The best part of this is the linked story of another drug trafficker's lawyer getting fined for vaping in court.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

LanceHunter posted:

Goddamn that twitter feed is basically this sketch come to life:

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/849660351826337792
I would main the poo poo out of Oscar in Groverwatch.

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

LanceHunter posted:

Goddamn that twitter feed is basically this sketch come to life:

https://twitter.com/prozdkp/status/849660351826337792

weeb with literal anime on walls makes fun of weeb culture

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

akadajet posted:

weeb with literal anime on walls makes fun of weeb culture

he's self-aware so it's fine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGxCMyLm6js

contrast to e.g. smoka who earnestly defends the stuff

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/hackermaderas/status/1094339613458685954

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i just downloaded this app and that's pretty fuckin' magic. it's accurate to within what you can reasonably see on screen, too (+/- 1cm maybe).

sweet

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
VR GROVERHAUS NOW

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Sagebrush posted:

i just downloaded this app and that's pretty fuckin' magic. it's accurate to within what you can reasonably see on screen, too (+/- 1cm maybe).

sweet

I was watching the video and about to post a snarky "oh, so it's the same AR measure feature the iPhone has had for years now", then they did the area calculation and holy poo poo.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
i don't see what's so impressive about area/volume of a rectangle primitive that you define

it would be better if it used the edge detection to be able to say "the suitcase is a prism of dimension x" automatically

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Mr.Radar posted:

x-posting from the secfuck thread:

the biopunk future is now

well, two years ago

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLwHiJw8eTQ

what else could you want from a cyberpunk movie? even the trailer is like a checklist of 'must-haves'

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

CYBERPUNK 2020

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CYBERPUNK 2020
lol at the contrast between the color of his face and his hands

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CYBERPUNK 2020

Is this more or less Cyberpunk 2019 than the ones where he's staring directly at it while everybody around him is wearing them though?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

lol at the contrast between the color of his face and his hands

we have a president that spraypaints himself orange every morning

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

I think I posted this techwear brand before, small sweep on the price for this when it’s released? I’m going to say a sensible 500GBP.

https://www.vollebak.com/product/black-squid-jacket-waitlist/

:prepop:

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

graph posted:

we have a president that spraypaints himself orange every morning

is it spray-on, or cream?

america wants to know

Captain Billy Pissboy
Oct 25, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice

NoneMoreNegative posted:

CYBERPUNK 2020

"My vision is augmented"

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i saw a photoshop of the donald where he had his real skin tone, a shaved head, and a beard and it's amazing how much better he looked

like i know i feel gross even saying that. but it's like he makes a special effort to be ugly as poo poo

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I think I posted this techwear brand before, small sweep on the price for this when it’s released? I’m going to say a sensible 500GBP.

given the pants just down the page are 645 I'm gonna go with four figgies as the opening bid.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Sagebrush posted:

i saw a photoshop of the donald where he had his real skin tone, a shaved head, and a beard and it's amazing how much better he looked

like i know i feel gross even saying that. but it's like he makes a special effort to be ugly as poo poo

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

NoneMoreNegative posted:

really wish I bought this back when Adidas made it

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I ain't no vollebak girl

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

lol they sell $645 khakis

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

Sagebrush posted:

the donald is unable to grow a beard. it is the root of his insecurity.

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

i got a $20 retroreflective tote off amazon, I could probably just get a dozen of those and someone actually good at sewing could make me a jacket of the stuff. except mine will be all fractal panels and poo poo

no flash/flash

EMILY BLUNTS fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 12, 2019

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
it's impossible to google but I always liked the idea of that wholly-retroreflective clothing that ruined any flash photography by over-exposing the camera

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

i got a $20 retroreflective tote off amazon, I could probably just get a dozen of those and someone actually good at sewing could make me a jacket of the stuff. except mine will be all fractal panels and poo poo

no flash/flash

make the jacket

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

but it's like he makes a special effort to be ugly as poo poo

Same deal with his personality.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

it's impossible to google but I always liked the idea of that wholly-retroreflective clothing that ruined any flash photography by over-exposing the camera

this stuff? https://gizmodo.com/highly-reflective-clothing-turns-paparazzis-camera-flas-1684647111

I like the hats with infrared leds in the brim

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
wow now I need this for my vehicle or at least the tags

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

EMILY BLUNTS posted:

no flash/flash

can you link the product page for this?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Hed posted:

wow now I need this for my vehicle or at least the tags

Good news these products exist and are illegal if get pulled over with one. (at least in the UK)

They're hard to spot with the naked eye but defeat most number plate recognition systems. There was a POLICE INTERCEPTORS episode about them

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

infernal machines posted:

can you link the product page for this?

if you search AliExpress for ‘holographic tote’ or ‘holographic bag’ there’s a bunch of cheap options.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
ah, thanks. that did it.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Achmed Jones posted:

lol they sell $645 khakis

nomex khakis

thats only about double the price for real nomex PPE

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

gonadic io posted:

Good news these products exist and are illegal if get pulled over with one. (at least in the UK)

They're hard to spot with the naked eye but defeat most number plate recognition systems. There was a POLICE INTERCEPTORS episode about them

interesting. I don’t care about running lights or whatever I just don’t want the creepy EZPass toll booths to steal my soul while they blast me and my mirrors with strobe light at dusk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, see if you can guess why having an ir-reflective license plate cover is not allowed