Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

they never fixed this did they

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

Necrothatcher posted:

I've been playing one Capcom fighter a month for over a year and finally got to SFV last week and.... I'm having a really good time. I'm a pretty terrible player so frame counting complex combo poo poo is largely beyond me, but it's funny how easy it is to beat low ranking players with just a basic defensive strategy (I'm playing Cammy for what it's worth). Everyone is always rushing to attack and just hanging back, blocking and waiting for a chance to counter into a dirt simple scrub level combo seems to be working pretty well. Plus there are so many predictable shotos that you can easily bait into throwing a fireball at mid-range, which is easy to punish and they. never. learn.

Do goons still meet up and play? It'd be nice to get ground into the dirt by someone that actually knows what they're doing.
I'd love to play you, and there's plenty of people looking to play SFV on the New Challenger discord, and they'll teach you stuff.

Sestze fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Feb 13, 2019

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Sestze posted:

I'd love to play you, and there's plenty of people looking to play SFV on the New Challenger discord, and they'll teach you stuff.

Cheers! Here's my Steam account and my Capcom ID is LondonCityNights. Anyone that wants to hit me up feel free :)

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
So Blanka can timestop now?

https://twitter.com/koichinko/status/1095716996929339392

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

i can't believe they fixed sfv

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Clever use of game mechanics, should be tournament-legal.

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Dias posted:

i can't believe they fixed sfv

Wouldn't it be nice if they kept this and let it rock during EVO Japan

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Yare yare

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Big Scary Owl posted:

Wouldn't it be nice if they kept this and let it rock during EVO Japan

https://twitter.com/HiFightTH/status/1095711021967110144

Boooooooo!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

CharlestonJew posted:

most of the effort went towards making costumes for the female characters Chun-Li

What would Blanka's Stand be?

Cowards the lot of you!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
Go all in and give Guile his “handcuffs” glitch and introduce all the other crazy glitches from SF history.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

BGrifter posted:

Go all in and give Guile his “handcuffs” glitch and introduce all the other crazy glitches from SF history.

I'll never forget the bizarre Champion Edition mod I played once where Blanka shot a bird out of his mouth that electrocuted people

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

BGrifter posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptuaZVonNUA&t=35s
they added it to this game

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

bumping for this news

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019...-through-steam/

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
Yay for removing features. That they were half-assed isn't an excuse, either.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Foodahn
Oct 5, 2006

Pillbug
Hey does anyone still have very very old SF threads bookmarked?

I remember the first or second post of a certain thread had a ton of great matches from the last generation. And a lot of them were from the 25th anniversary Tournament I thinkk or maybe the first Capcom Cup.

It might have been the generic fighting game thread though... I'll copy paste this there so everyones eyes can see it.

One i remember was Chris G vs Sakonoko https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NqBXL4AaRo

I wanna say one was Infiltration Akuma vs...... maybe it was Daigo??? or Maybe Valle? It was some ryu.

I don't have any care for the current game but i still love watching the old matches and reminiscing about the best of the best back in the day.

EDIT: Pomp, Zand, Dias still post in this thread? Jesus, yall still hating on the SF5 kids?

Foodahn fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Apr 10, 2019

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
The comedy never stopped

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
The best SF4 match will forever be Alex Valle sending Bonchan to losers with Hugo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r6Ev7FvwtI

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
So is Capcom pretty much done working on this game? The only thing I've seen from E3 is a new stage, which makes me guess they are done making characters for it. I'm out of the loop so maybe I missed something.

I probably liked this game more than most people but do sort of hope they bury it at this point and start something new.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
They’re doing some kind of announcement in August. Probably another costume pack.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Was it Capcom itself or just random internet bullshit that was calling sfv "the last street fighter" because they were supposedly going to just keep updating and patching it instead of putting out new releases?

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

Garrand posted:

Was it Capcom itself or just random internet bullshit that was calling sfv "the last street fighter" because they were supposedly going to just keep updating and patching it instead of putting out new releases?

I think random internet poo poo. capcom hasn't said this is the last sf game.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

It might be people misinterpreting Capcom saying that they won’t release more versions of SFV, instead adding all the future content and changes in patches and dlc.

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

There will be new console generations for the foreseeable future, there's no way they'd just keep porting SFV to them over and over again.

SFVI will happen either when Sony wants another big exclusive, or when they run out of ideas how to otherwise spend the money they've made from Monster Hunter, DMC and RE.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I dread the next game that comes in the trajectory heading of 4 to V

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

SF 6 should just be all of the classic street fighter characters you love directing you to better games to play. That pretty much what sfv was for me, if it wasn't such dogass I may have never tried Tekken.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

is e Honda dead in the canon?

Beanzor
Feb 4, 2005

We dropped turkeys out of planes just to fill up the sky.

And we know damn well that they can't fly.

Zand posted:

is e Honda dead in the canon?

Too much chanko nabe. Going to need a bigger cannon.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I just tried Type Arcade today. It kept trying to match me to the same player in the same arcade over and over, but timing out.

I would start the AI match. “Another fight is coming your way.” Wait on trigger select screen for two or three minutes. Time out. Booted back to AI match. A minute or so of fighting, not enough time to possibly finish a match. “Another fight is coming your way.” Same player same timeout problem. Dumped back to AI match. Repeat forever.

I abandoned the machine after 20 minutes of this, and I suspect the other player abandoned it long before me. I bet the machine is STILL stuck in this eternal hell.

I just wonder how this affects my PP.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Can we change the thread title to "I just wonder how this affects my PP"?

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
They are finally adding more characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jphoFlKEBM

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KKmNUWgvYs&t=12s

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

That would have been an incredible alt. costume. Actually all their movies costumes should be a thing.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Our superiors say the war is cancelled. We can all go home.

DaddyBigBucks
Sep 28, 2003

So do any goons still play this? I picked it up on a whim for $7.99 and used all my FP to buy Abigail and troll people with hilarious win quotes. Capcom ID is Vanstrider if anybody wants to face a terrible Abigail.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

DaddyBigBucks posted:

So do any goons still play this? I picked it up on a whim for $7.99 and used all my FP to buy Abigail and troll people with hilarious win quotes. Capcom ID is Vanstrider if anybody wants to face a terrible Abigail.

Guilty Gear Rev 2 and UNIST are both on sale for $15 and better games I would suggest playing if you haven't already.

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

DaddyBigBucks posted:

I play on PC for a few hours every couple of weekends. It’s still fun to hop in play some matches and then not think about it for awhile. The fact that you can always find a match within a couple seconds is a huge reason I stick around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

I still play a lot a locals. It’s not my favorite but I like it