Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Vitamean posted:

I'm the mean person in PF.

You're doing Hydaelyn's work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PhilippAchtel posted:

Don't doxx him, doot.

I don't even remember their name but they were at least, IIRC, giving correct advice which is more than you can say for Excal NN most of the time.

That reddit thread is real good btw

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
The latest on the rumour mill front: apparently French players are seeing a bug where NPCs referred to their character as every race instead of their current one.

Some oddities of the situation elicited skepticism, so dataminers went in to look at the French localization.

These new racial references aren't in any of the other localizations.
So... we might actually have males and females for both Viera AND a second race? (Keep in mind, Blufever, who's been mostly accurate, never said Viera would be sex-locked, only that there was a second race; however, the presence of both masculine/feminine addresses doesn't necessarily mean both are used, either).

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
I completely forgot I had money in my psn wallet, which means I can pre-order Shadowbringers for "free" :yayclod:

From what I remember of Brynhildr, the NN there was pretty helpful when I was a sprout still in trial mode, and nice in general.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

kirbysuperstar posted:

I don't even remember their name but they were at least, IIRC, giving correct advice which is more than you can say for Excal NN most of the time.

That reddit thread is real good btw

Amazing.

What thread is this?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Amazing.

What thread is this?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/apq79p/important_changes_to_prohibited_activities_and/

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I'm glad I decided not to pick the reddit server at launch, I'm sure their shout chat must be terrible right now

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Verranicus posted:

I'm glad I decided not to pick the reddit server at launch, I'm sure their shout chat must be terrible right now

Can't be. They've all been banned according to the new TOS already.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Hogama posted:

The latest on the rumour mill front: apparently French players are seeing a bug where NPCs referred to their character as every race instead of their current one.

Some oddities of the situation elicited skepticism, so dataminers went in to look at the French localization.

So... we might actually have males and females for both Viera AND a second race? (Keep in mind, Blufever, who's been mostly accurate, never said Viera would be sex-locked, only that there was a second race; however, the presence of both masculine/feminine addresses doesn't necessarily mean both are used, either).

sick

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Gilgamesh is a very very bad server and I'm 100% sure it's because of Reddit picking it as "their" server

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Can't be. They've all been banned according to the new TOS already.

inshallah

Lemon King
Oct 4, 2009

im nt posting wif a mark on my head

Hogama posted:

This isn't totally unrealistic and I wouldn't be surprised if both races have gender translations, even if not used, to prevent bugs from popping up.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

If there really is another race I wonder what logic they'll use to get around the LAST PLANNED RACE thing.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

ImpAtom posted:

If there really is another race I wonder what logic they'll use to get around the LAST PLANNED RACE thing.

they'll release the other race a second before viera become available

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

That would certainly be a funny way to explain why they made a big deal about talking about the Viera being the last race.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Lol, the new rules are apparently an "axe hovering over our heads".

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Hrothgar is one of the subgroups you can pick, like midlander vs highlander.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Hrothgar is one of the subgroups you can pick, like midlander vs highlander.

The Viera ones are "light-skinned Veena Viera, and the darker-skinned Rava Viera" at least.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ImpAtom posted:

YoshiP smiles as he reveals He meant the last Race they had planned at the start of 2.0. Ronso Dragaonborn were thought up in 3.X

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I wish Yoshi-P would stop trolling me. :argh:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

A reference in the Gladiator's quest line to the player's racial features (like Elezen's pointy ears) talks about Hrothgar's "majestic mane".

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.
Who even liked the ronso though

Even FFX ignored their existence as much as it could

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Hrothgar are a decoy leak from the devs to distract from the true second new race: Namazu

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

X largely ignored all of the non-human races, but that might just be because Spira was super racist.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!
From what I've seen Tonberry's NN is mostly helpful advice and new DPS players asking tanks to help them progress through MSQ dungeons quicker.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Hogama posted:

A reference in the Gladiator's quest line to the player's racial features (like Elezen's pointy ears) talks about Hrothgar's "majestic mane".

Any word on what the little puppet in the Kojin questline says about them?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Reddit when you get banned from FF14 you can come here to whine. We'll ban you but we'll take your money first.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

FactsAreUseless posted:

Reddit when you get banned from FF14 you can come here to whine. We'll ban you but we'll take your money first.

READ 1984 BY ORWELL

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
heres my opinion give me the Hawkmen from Tactics Ogre as the next race thank you and god bless

unseenlibrarian
Jun 4, 2012

There's only one thing in the mountains that leaves a track like this. The creature of legend that roams the Timberline. My people named him Sasquatch. You call him... Bigfoot.
With Gunbreakers leaning on FFVIII, the truth can revealed. Hrothgars are actually Moombas.

Look at that magnificent mane.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

ImpAtom posted:

They planned to release Hrothgar first, I guess.

unseenlibrarian posted:

With Gunbreakers leaning on FFVIII, the truth can revealed. Hrothgars are actually Moombas.

Look at that magnificent mane.

Oh dear god yes please. Hrothgar are scaled-up Moombas, you heard it here first. :tinfoil:

SwissArmyDruid fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 13, 2019

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Any word on what the little puppet in the Kojin questline says about them?
English is the only localization with racial distinctions on that one, apparently.

quote:

French:
131,"TEXT_BANKJN001_02973_TSUKUMO_000_093","(-Tsukumogami<Indent/>?-)Fé<SoftHyphen/>li<SoftHyphen/>ci<SoftHyphen/>ta<SoftHyphen/>tions, te voilà membre de la bande à Kabuto, l'élite des chasseurs de trésors<Indent/>!"

English:
131 TEXT_BANKJN001_02973_TSUKUMO_000_093 (-???-)Yes, you<Switch(PlayerParameter(71))><Case(1)>the fleshy one</Case><Case(2)>with the long neck</Case><Case(3)>with the short legs</Case><Case(4)>with the fuzzy tail</Case><Case(5)>with the muscular arms</Case><Case(6)>with the horns</Case></Switch>.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Watching Twitch streamers get owned by AV is pretty cool!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Martman posted:

Watching Twitch streamers get owned by AV is pretty cool!

Are they getting anywhere close to beating it?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

FZeroRacer posted:

heres my opinion give me the Hawkmen from Tactics Ogre as the next race thank you and god bless

They'd probably just give us Aegyl if anything.

Chaeden
Sep 10, 2012

DontMindMe posted:

A house plot finally opened up on the server that my FC has been waiting for, but it appears to be camped by bots that have not budged for 8 hours constantly checking for it to unlock.

How are we supposed to compete with that?

I have stood at a house for 11 hours trying to buy it so a friend could use it.....Me and the only other person to stick around had a truce by the end to only check it so often unless more people showed up. Right at the end some fucker walked up and clicked for five minutes and got the drat thing.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chaeden posted:

I have stood at a house for 11 hours trying to buy it so a friend could use it.....Me and the only other person to stick around had a truce by the end to only check it so often unless more people showed up. Right at the end some fucker walked up and clicked for five minutes and got the drat thing.
:capitalism:

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place
i like the guy in that reddit thread repeatedly posting about how getting banned in a video game for being an rear end in a top hat is literally the same as living in nazi germany

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

i like the guy in that reddit thread repeatedly posting about how getting banned in a video game for being an rear end in a top hat is literally the same as living in nazi germany

Perspective is not gamers strong suit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

somepartsareme posted:

Is this the 1984 guy?