Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
-Blade
Trump
Doctor
Sex
Cake
View Results

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

british politics seem to have a proud tradition of lighting a bag of poo poo on fire and leaving someone else to stomp it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Blast of Confetti posted:

boomer politics seem to have a proud tradition of lighting a bag of poo poo on fire and leaving someone else to stomp it out

HobbitGrease
Jul 24, 2001

Young Orc

Elephant Ambush posted:

Economists with PhDs could go to the White House and explain to Trump that tariffs are not what he thinks they are and he would tell them all that they don't know what they're talking about.
ftfy
also having strong opinions on things that they have no knowledge on, no firsthand experience of, and no empathy for those affected (see: abortion, immigration)

HobbitGrease has issued a correction as of 14:48 on Feb 13, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Blast of Confetti posted:

british politics seem to have a proud tradition of lighting a bag of poo poo on fire and leaving someone else to stomp it out

alternatively sometimes it's lighting a bag of poo poo on fire, turning to run away before anyone can see you, but twisting your ankle and falling in pain face-first into the burning poo poo bag

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
It is nice to see that the olds in Britain are even more effective at ruining people's lives than the olds here.

Porpoise With A Purpose
Feb 28, 2006

Judakel posted:

It is nice to see that the olds in Britain are even more effective at ruining people's lives than the olds here.

In our defense the British have been ruining peoples lives a lot longer than we upstart yankees have.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JustMuteMeNow/status/1095752562584813568

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

now this is the hashtag content i come to this thread to see

Minecraft Holmes
Oct 21, 2016

Cratering my business, to own the libs

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

FMguru posted:

I spotted this summary

Which led to this article

The rest is behind the WSJ paywall, but I think the headline says it all.

2.5 B I L L I O N pounds of meat

lmao

humans are disgusting

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Minecraft Holmes posted:

In Colorado Springs, no less.

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit

quote:

“That part of the military respect that’s in me just cannot be sacrificed or compromised, as I believe Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick both did. I don’t like losing a business over it, but I rather be able to live with myself,” he added.

why didn't people want to shop in my store anymore after they found out i was hella racist??????? must be because they hate the troops

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

oh man that's some good poo poo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Wamsutta posted:

2.5 B I L L I O N pounds of meat

lmao

humans are disgusting

and despite that the Malthusians still think that it’s poor third worlders who are the problem

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes

Oh that hit the spot right there~

quote:

The store will stay open until there’s nothing left, but Martin says he’ll be leaving with his dignity.

“I didn’t give in to big Nike and big dollars. I didn’t give in. I did it my way,” he told News5.

“That part of the military respect that’s in me just cannot be sacrificed or compromised, as I believe Brandon Marshall and Colin Kaepernick both did.
I don’t like losing a business over it, but I rather be able to live with myself,” he added.

Avirosb has issued a correction as of 21:04 on Feb 13, 2019

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

What did Kaepernick's kneeling protest have to do with the military again? I thought his protest was in regards to the treatment of PoC by the police.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

“I didn’t give in to big Nike and big dollars. I didn’t give in. I did it my way,” he told News5.

Minecraft Holmes posted:

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Randalor posted:

What did Kaepernick's kneeling protest have to do with the military again? I thought his protest was in regards to the treatment of PoC by the police.

Nothing, conservatives didn't want to talk about police brutality against black people because they either don't believe or openly support it, so they change it to " disrespecatin ARE TRUPS"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Standing for the pledge of allegiance at the sports game is to honor are troops

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Randalor posted:

Kaepernick's protest method was, in fact, recommended to him by a vet because they believed it would make the point without being disrespectful to ARE TROOPS

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Not to mention all the vets that publicity supported him. Conservatives insulted them also, saying they weren't TRUE vets.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Republicans don't give a poo poo about vets unless they can prop them up for propaganda purposes, preferably after they're dead.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

colorado springs is the biggest chud city in colorado so double lmao since he couldn't even keep his store open amongst them

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Porpoise With A Purpose posted:

In our defense the British have been ruining peoples lives a lot longer than we upstart yankees have.

An ancient and proud tradition.
:britain:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
He could probably have easily worked out the amount of business he did selling Nike gear before doing that lol

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Jose posted:

He could probably have easily worked out the amount of business he did selling Nike gear before doing that lol

He assumed everyone would feel the same and boycott Nike and buy something else.

Joke's on him, people just want their loving jerseys.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Jose posted:

it's a coinflip between he lost non-Nike business because he outed himself as a dumbass chud, and the business was doomed anyway and now he gets to blame it on this

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Virulence posted:

colorado springs is the biggest chud city in colorado so double lmao since he couldn't even keep his store open amongst them

Colorado Springs is like Spock's Beard version of denver.

Not surprising that fundie groups like Focus on Family are HQ out in that area.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Halloween Jack posted:

Republicans don't give a poo poo about vets unless they can prop them up for propaganda purposes, preferably after they're dead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYC45YDU5cQ&t=63s

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
Colorado Springs had the Air Force Academy, too.

It's like the New Jerusalem for evangelical fundies.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Jose posted:

the income loss was offset in the budget by the expected increase in volume when the silent majority flocks to his store to buy tons of non-nike stuff from this brave patriot

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
A trun patroit :patriot:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Epic High Five posted:

it's a coinflip between he lost non-Nike business because he outed himself as a dumbass chud, and the business was doomed anyway and now he gets to blame it on this

Right now it sounds like his way out is to drum up support and donations from the hogs, considering he was on track on giving a win to the hated libs.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

There's a pretty good chance that a big cause was that he got rid of one of the big brands in sports gear which drove away customers who would prefer more options regardless of politics

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

imagine trying to appeal to suburban conservative dads by refusing to carry Nike Air Monarchs

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Randalor posted:

even here the cop thread is in the army guy subforum

Al !
Jan 5, 2019

by Hand Knit
it's an omnibus professional murderer forum

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Colorado Springs is insanely conservative as mentioned, so they decided to cut all their funding instead of raise taxes.

they elected a real estate guy with no political background who was an ENTREPRENEUR who would RUN GOVERNMENT LIKE A BUSINESS!

they turned off street lights so copper thieves took all the wiring. it was a total disaster. Just financial seppuku.

the voters eventually got fed up, voted for taxes and things got way better.

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1095760524023861253

queueing up for new entries itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Lol it's gonna own when vaccine denial, already a slightly conservative phenomenon blamed on the left becomes another climate change, where it's a point of order for one side to doom the human race and the media does a both sides.