Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

Captain Cappy posted:

ABS

Always Be Singing

(Probably use Army's Paeon while putting DoT's up, then switch to Mage's Ballad)

True 99.9% of the time.

If you're in a trash pull where you're at the tail end of Army's, you know the adds are probably going to die in the next 5 seconds, and you know there's a boss up ahead, I think the party can go without a song for a couple of seconds so you don't blow Wanderer's/Mage's on time that's going to be spent actually walking to the boss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I know very little about bards but I think its really cool that their stormblood rework worked song playing into their mechanics.

Im really hoping summoner gets an equally as cool rework for shadowbringers

RME
Feb 20, 2012

i just want to summon (demi-)alexander somehow

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!

RME posted:

i just want to summon (demi-)alexander somehow

oh man egi-glamours for the demi summon would be incredible

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Egi-glamours in general would be good. I don't want any dang carbuncles, cute as they are.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Any word on if Hydatos allows us to customize substats on our relics?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

The Grimace posted:

Ronso is the worst Final Fantasy race

Nah.

The Grimace posted:

Kimahri is a completely worthless character.

Yes.

The Grimace posted:

poo poo, I'd rather be a Hypello. gently caress, in fact, please sign my petition to make Hypello the next playable race. Together we will ride ze shoopuf.

All aboards.

Absolutely.

BrightWing posted:

Any word on if Hydatos allows us to customize substats on our relics?

It does after you finish the Relic, apparently.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
The only good thing about Ronso is the music that plays on Mt. Gagazet, which is the best music in that incredibly mediocre game

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Relax Or DIE posted:

They are bad but also the game will only improve with the addition of more very big men

Give me very big women :colbert:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Putting this here so I can find it later

Hidden Gorge train control

Main tank: 50 CE for every party
Gobbiejuice: Adrenaline meter fill for everyone on team
Gobtanks: it’s a tank
Gobcrate: all of the above

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Phone posted:

I bet gobbiejuice is just Tang drink mix

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

I bet gobbiejuice is just Tang drink mix

it’s lean

i know this because the train comes into the station with two giant styrofoam cups on the bed

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
The stuff coming out about the Baldesion Arsenal and what it takes to defeat AV seem absolutely insane and I loving love it.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

The stuff coming out about the Baldesion Arsenal and what it takes to defeat AV seem absolutely insane and I loving love it.

:agreed:

Godspeed to the crazy players blazing a trail to Absolute Virtue and trying to figure out all this poo poo. It's like they blended the elements of FATEs, 24-man raids, and savage 8-mans.

All the overt FFXI references certainly don't hurt, either.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

if any good compendiums of the bullshit appear, feel free to link 'em. i am fueled by schadenfreude

watched some japanese group for like fifteen minutes go up to an AV arena that probably wasn't the end of the dungeon, because the arena had an exit as well. they got it to like 95% when it started spamming meteor and killed them all. and even that doesn't hold a candle to the bullshit of original AV

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

Does anybody know if the glowing hydatos armor is locked behind doing the arsenal?

e; nevermind I answered my own question with simple googling. No the glowing armor does not appear to be locked behind doing arsenal

Orthodox Rabbit fucked around with this message at 20:11 on Feb 13, 2019

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

World War Mammories posted:

if any good compendiums of the bullshit appear, feel free to link 'em. i am fueled by schadenfreude

watched some japanese group for like fifteen minutes go up to an AV arena that probably wasn't the end of the dungeon, because the arena had an exit as well. they got it to like 95% when it started spamming meteor and killed them all. and even that doesn't hold a candle to the bullshit of original AV

So this is what I parsed from the streams about Baldesion Arsenal - Only way to rez are Wisdom of the Remembered/Sacrifice logograms or Healer LB3. For Absolute Virtue, there are 6 side rooms leading to the boss. You have to travel through the six rooms and use a Perception logogram to find a hidden portal in one of the rooms. Then you enter the portal and there are six more rooms. Each party goes into one of the six rooms and works to spawn a NM out in Hydatos. Then when those NMs are killed, they should lock some of the skills that AV has, making it killable. Hypothetically...

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Orthodox Rabbit posted:

Does anybody know if the glowing hydatos armor is locked behind doing the arsenal?

e; nevermind I answered my own question with simple googling. No the glowing armor does not appear to be locked behind doing arsenal

Yeah the only things that appear to be locked behind it are an achievement and the Ozma mount. Relic weapon/armor progress does not require a clear.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Phone posted:

This is a good post, shame that people have already completely emptied out of the queue :negative:

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I did my one for the Wondrous Tales, didn't understand what was happening, lost, and decided not to redo it this week.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The Grimace posted:

Hot take: Ronso is the worst Final Fantasy race, and Kimahri is a completely worthless character.

I have no idea why someone would wanna be a Ronso when we have gazillions of other good FF races. poo poo, I'd rather be a Hypello. gently caress, in fact, please sign my petition to make Hypello the next playable race. Together we will ride ze shoopuf.

All aboards.

Actually Kimahri is very good and useful because you just never level him and he'll be right next to Ultima at the start of his sphere grid. Then when you get the key spheres to unlock it Yuna and Lulu can use friend spheres to instantly jump there.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Emalde posted:

This is a good post, shame that people have already completely emptied out of the queue :negative:

Its also the middle of the day. I’m sure the queues will die down over the next few days to weeks as the NEW CONTENT SHINY wears off; however, the weekend crew should have stronger numbers if anything because you can get two gorillas for the price of one now.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
I'm excited to see real action will finally be taken against assholes that willfully impede or wipe dungeons/raids. It's rare when it happens, I can honestly count the number of times I've experienced it on one hand, but it's just such a terrible, time-consuming experience and knowing these players will get reprimanded warms my cold bard heart.

edit:typosss

Note Block fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 13, 2019

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Alakaiser posted:

Since nobody answered this: yeah, Cooldown is 230 potency if you're heated/overheated. That's more than heated split shot and equal to heated slug shot. It's the reason why the only GCDs you want to use during overheat are slug shot with ammo, clean shot, and cooldown. If for some reason you find yourself with no ammo, no procs and you're overheated you could do a lot worse than pressing cooldown five times.

If you're doing things right at 70 and you're pressing all of your buttons at the same time every minute you'll use cooldown once outside of overheat at any time >=75 and <=95. That'll line everything up neatly for your next wildfire. Every other set you can time it so you cooldown immediately after hitting hypercharge.

Don't use cooldown if you're at less than 75 heat.

edit: oh lol you get cooldown before heated shots? That's silly. Yeah mash the gently caress out of cooldown during overheat if you're not 64 yet.
Okay, that makes sense. At 63, the main rotation I've developed for myself is (assuming I have no ammo or heat and already have my barrel up): Rook, Reload, Split, Enhanced Slug, Split, Rapid Fire, Reassemble, Hypercharge, Wildfire, Enhanced Clean, Ricochet, Quick Reload, Enhanced Slug, Gauss Round, Enhanced Clean. If I have heat above 75 should I just start dropping Cooldowns after that second Clean Shot, since I'm out of ammo again? And if I don't have heat, do I just go back to fishing for procs off Split?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Also FFXIV doesn't need Ronso. It needs a Ronso costume that Lalafell can wear and be Small Ronso.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, that makes sense. At 63, the main rotation I've developed for myself is (assuming I have no ammo or heat and already have my barrel up): Rook, Reload, Split, Enhanced Slug, Split, Rapid Fire, Reassemble, Hypercharge, Wildfire, Enhanced Clean, Ricochet, Quick Reload, Enhanced Slug, Gauss Round, Enhanced Clean. If I have heat above 75 should I just start dropping Cooldowns after that second Clean Shot, since I'm out of ammo again? And if I don't have heat, do I just go back to fishing for procs off Split?

So I rarely ever go into content that has a chance of putting me below 70 after suffering through MCH's leveling, but it might be a good habit to make to not use Cooldown outside of Wildfire unless you really need to delay WF (caveat: this may only apply to the 3 ammo high ping rotation, which is the one I use). Once you hit 66 and get Barrel Stabiliser, your rotation should get rigid enough to the point that just hitting your ammo skills on cd will manage your heat naturally so that you overheat pretty much as WF comes off cooldown.

This is a pretty good guide to keep in mind once you hit 70. FWIW I use the 3 ammo high ping 95 heat rotation.

Alakaiser
Jan 3, 2007

And the Lord Josh said, "Blessed are those cast away by Belichick, theirs is the kingdom of Denver." (Tebow 1:25)
You're totally fine using cooldown outside of overheat as long as it won't put you below 50 heat. Before you're 64 that part doesn't matter too much but once you have heated split/slug/clean it is extremely important. The important thing to keep in mind is when you want to overheat. (which is typically immediately before hitting wildfire - preferably wildfire and reload in the same oGCD window if you can swing it)

What you wrote out is more or less fine. Controlling when you overheat without flamethrower is a colossal pain in the rear end and really isn't worth the effort to get right. Before you have flamethrower and barrel stabilizer heat management isn't really something you can do. And you get flamethrower at 70. (granted, heat management is still janky even with your entire kit)

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I appreciate the fact that walking around Hydatos without getting mobbed to death is very easy.

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Watching groups trying to do AV is absolutely hilarious. I especially love that apparently to seal one of his abilities, you need to find a secret portal in the instance that spawns a special FATE *outside* the instance, that the people outside in Hydatos have to kill for you to seal the ability. Can't wait to see the rest!

:discourse:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

"Spawn content for unrelated parties to complete so that you can do your content that said other parties don't get to participate in" is a very circa 2000 MMO idea yes.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
In fairness, you do get hydatos crystals out of it! :v:

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Thundarr posted:

"Spawn content for unrelated parties to complete so that you can do your content that said other parties don't get to participate in" is a very circa 2000 MMO idea yes.

It all feels like "So you said you wanted real, vintage FFXI right? Well don't say we didn't warn you!" Now they just have to keep changing the boss up every time someone beats it. Or make the mechanics rotate every few days or something. That has precedent, I remember a maze in FFXI that changed shape based on the day of the week or moon phase or something.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Is there a proper channel in-game for requesting things like levekits for leveling crafting? Or is it just /shout in main city?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

A lot of people will use PF for that, but the actual answer is find someone friendly in your FC

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

LegionAreI posted:

It all feels like "So you said you wanted real, vintage FFXI right? Well don't say we didn't warn you!" Now they just have to keep changing the boss up every time someone beats it. Or make the mechanics rotate every few days or something. That has precedent, I remember a maze in FFXI that changed shape based on the day of the week or moon phase or something.

the motherfucking sacrarium. maze changed at midnight every day of the week.

also the fomors in there DIDN'T loving DROP THE GODDAMN KEY IN THREE HOURS

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

homeless snail posted:

A lot of people will use PF for that, but the actual answer is find someone friendly in your FC

Or just /shout that you're a "man of means" and looking to spread the wealth amongst your fellow crafters.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
New RW map is very good. Eureka still very bad.

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared
:siren:BALDESION ARSENAL SPOILERS IN THIS LINK:siren:

https://clips.twitch.tv/WonderfulInquisitiveTomatoNinjaGrumpy

I am laughing my loving rear end off.

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The last Eureka zone actually looks pretty neat. How long would it take to catch up starting Eureka from scratch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

DontMindMe posted:

Is there a proper channel in-game for requesting things like levekits for leveling crafting? Or is it just /shout in main city?

if you're on excal:
level 15-50 levekit
300k if you include all mats (intermediate, not raw materials)
450k if you include all mats (mostly raw materials)
850k if i provide mats

you have to provide a link to one of the sites with a list of what you want and how many of them (garlandtools, etc)