Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

100YrsofAttitude posted:

My partner is gone this weekend and I'm getting pumped about being able to just play Tetris BR if it ever shows up in the shop.

That very reason is what makes me inches close to buying and binging FFIX, which I've never played. Is it best to go in blind or something someone should know before hand or should I get a 100% guide?

And then I'm thinking that if I'm going to put Starlink aside to wait for the new characters then maybe I should just start and beak Okami in the meantime since I actually own it already.

Too many options.

getting a guide seems dumb because it's just going to say to go to playonline.com on every other page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

rear end cobra posted:

i'm a little bummed out that i've played through links awakening enough times that i still remember pretty much the entire game

i never got pass the fourth dungeon

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Harrow posted:

FF9 is a game with a bunch of hidden little fiddly mechanics that let you do things like min-max your stat growth or deal 9999 damage with a level 1 character and absolutely none of them matter because the game is pretty easy the whole way through. In other words, you should probably just go in blind.

I guess the only thing is that equipment is f important in that it teaches your characters skills and stuff so you should stockpile it

But that's pretty obvious when you pi k it up

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Just catching up... And DQ11 gets orchestral BGM! Ahh! (Is that in Japan only?)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
ff9 hint: use steal on the first encounter

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Phone posted:

getting a guide seems dumb because it's just going to say to go to playonline.com on every other page

Oh god playonline

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!
FF9 for $21, LOL. If it was $10 or less I'd buy it again, but I got it for like $6 on PSN and my Vita still works if I really want to play it portable.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Holy crap Link’s Awakening HD
please do the Oracle games next

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
https://twitter.com/liquidhbox/status/1095817001665261568?s=21

Housh
Jul 9, 2001

I’m interested in anime cops and I will play the demo of mech anime game.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

The Pirate Captain posted:

FF9 for $21, LOL. If it was $10 or less I'd buy it again, but I got it for like $6 on PSN and my Vita still works if I really want to play it portable.

I'll probably be buying it at that price. But I've decided to be responsible and beat Okami first. So that it's out of the way. Starlink is going to have to wait for the DLC. Thanks for the advice. I'll steal the first chance I get and then just enjoy a classic JRPG.

Pity I got to get up early tomorrow.

Goodnight switch thread.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Mario Maker 2 is the best news. I hope the old levels are compatible.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Looking forward to that future cop game. The futuristic cop thing is a cool aesthetic.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Augus posted:

Holy crap Link’s Awakening HD
please do the Oracle games next

wario land 1 HD and add waluigi in some way

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

lol the captain toad bundle is 45.98, the exact same price as unbundled

I'm gonna pay nearly 10 bucks per new captain toad level cause I'm a loving sucker

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Square generally does half-off sales for the FF games two or three times a year on other services, so give it a few months and we might eventually get such a sale for the Switch.

Or buy it now because FF9 is worth every drat penny.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Nintendo Switch in 2019: Mario Maker and Snape Simulator

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
So how salty is the internet about Dragon Quest XI?

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

Phone posted:

Hahahahahahaha. gently caress. I remember that.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

J-Spot posted:

Mario Maker 2 is the best news. I hope the old levels are compatible.

Hopefully yeah. I'm hoping any mario maker 1 level tied to your wii u linked nintendo account would be available to reupload. They'll probably let you import/convert them and then reupload them.

But I'm okay with nintendo making a clean break for Super Mario Maker 2.

When SMM2 rolls out - I actually want to spend a lot of time making and improving on levels with goons. I'd love it if we could do some kind of collaborative 'world' design, especially if there's a course overworld editor this time.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Modus Pwnens posted:

Sakurai and Miyamoto told the Prime Minister of Japan that Nintendo won't participate in any of the 2020 Olympic festivities unless he forced the Dragon Quest composer to let the orchestrated music run free.

Edit: Considering the Gaming Insiders have said that Mario Maker 2 has been cooking for a while and that the development team was trying to find a way to get levels to transfer from the first title to 2 but were having trouble I'd say it's a big maybe. Like this info is over two-years old and may be outdated but at least you'll know that they tried if it turns out you have to start all over again in MM2.

Viewtiful Jew fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Feb 14, 2019

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Glad I didn't finish DQXI, new music would be a huge motivator to start again.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
I am so stoked for Link's Awakening although the art style is not really fitting and from the video it looks like it moves slow and clunky. One of the things I loved about the GB version was that Link felt fast and agile unlike most of the other Zelda games.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

MARIO MAKER HAS SLOPES NOW, BITCH

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

That was a good rear end direct. I've gotta become un-poor again before Summer because that's a lot of stuff dropping all right next to each other.

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

Steve2911 posted:

Wait FF9 is more than £7.99? How can they justify that?
"Will people pay this much? [yes/no]"

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Tetris Battle Royale. So many people were making jokes about this after Apex dropped and now its like the bizarro world dipped into the real world and here we are. I'm not even going to lie, I'll gently caress around and play only this for the next year.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Modus Pwnens posted:

They wouldn’t have mentioned it on the US direct if it was Japan only :)

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trl0cvBFgCk

Here's why his head is so big. It doesn't answer why the art style in total is the way it is but, I immediately recalled this when his giant noggin' first showed up.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
finished 9th in my first game of tetris battle royale. Not bad.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Didn’t see Luigi’s Mansion 3 or Animal Crossing but god drat so many unexpected really good looking games I’m stoked. It kind of feel like this is a smaller Direct for their smaller games to get spot light instead of announcing them next to big rear end titles getting full game play reveals

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Super Mario Maker 2 This Time With Slopes is a day one buy for sure

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Why is FFIX 21 goddamn dollars

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A couple tips for FF9: Don't sell your old gear, and always steal from bosses, as many bosses give you new gear early. Don't go crazy trying to steal the rare slots though (each foe has up to four items, and the last item can take a long-rear end time since it's like a 1/256 chance of landing without some specific abilities), but that really only applies to the green giant boss you fight after recruiting Eiko anyway.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Tetris 99 is AMAZING but also I am bad.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Djarum posted:

I am so stoked for Link's Awakening although the art style is not really fitting and from the video it looks like it moves slow and clunky. One of the things I loved about the GB version was that Link felt fast and agile unlike most of the other Zelda games.

I think the speed in tile/seconds is the same, but the screen size is increased, which makes it look like link covers less ground. And I couldn't disagree more about the artstyle, I think it looks gorgeous.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Unmature posted:

Why is FFIX 21 goddamn dollars

How much is it on PSN Store? Maybe it's a console specific reaso-no wait I just checked the PSN Store it's 21 dollars there as well it's just Square-Enix I guess.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
maybe someone will enjoy this

https://soundcloud.com/noiseyard-1/ballad-of-the-wind-fish

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm not crazy about the new artstyle for the link's awakening remake but if they get rid of the power triangles and defence nuts that changed the music for what felt like forever I will buy it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

It's looking pretty much as it's been advertised? I think it looks great.
Just more about seeing it in action, the dissonance between the animated characters and the 3D backgrounds. It's not as bad as Mighty No. 9, but it's still not great