Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

Mordiceius posted:

So I was watching Mr Happy's raid on the Baldesion Arsenal (luckily, someone else was streaming so I didn't have to watch his stream) and they spawned the NM that needs to die so they can fight AV, but the people in Hydatos were busy with other fates that had popped. So their fate ended up failing. Meaning everyone out, zone out, start all over. That AV is permanently unkillable until they all zone out and reset the dungeon.

So you're telling me if I get to Hydratos I can actively mess with high end raiders by sitting on my rear end doing nothing?

Finally, Eureka is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Another MCH question: Since Hypercharge and Overdrive are every two minutes, should I use it on the first Wildfire, then Overdrive on the second one, alternating? Or do I use them both in the same Wildfire, and if so with what timing?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

So I was watching Mr Happy's raid on the Baldesion Arsenal (luckily, someone else was streaming so I didn't have to watch his stream) and they spawned the NM that needs to die so they can fight AV, but the people in Hydatos were busy with other fates that had popped. So their fate ended up failing. Meaning everyone out, zone out, start all over. That AV is permanently unkillable until they all zone out and reset the dungeon.

Pretty much exactly what I said would happen, because why bother helping people in the arsenal if there are more convenient NMs up already?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Another MCH question: Since Hypercharge and Overdrive are every two minutes, should I use it on the first Wildfire, then Overdrive on the second one, alternating? Or do I use them both in the same Wildfire, and if so with what timing?

You'll want to use overdrive every wildfire since you'll have all your buffs up and it takes advantage of that. You'll want to use hypercharge a bit before you start wildfire so you get the most out of it.

I can't remember wildfire rotations anymore because I haven't done it in a long time but overdrive will happen right before wildfire goes off if I'm not mistaken. I would definitely recommend finding a guide cause there's a lot to lose if you mess up.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dryzen posted:

You'll want to use overdrive every wildfire since you'll have all your buffs up and it takes advantage of that. You'll want to use hypercharge a bit before you start wildfire so you get the most out of it.
Okay, so I use Overdrive at the start or end of the Wildfire? The later I use it, the more damage I'll get out of Hypercharge, correct?

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Okay, so I use Overdrive at the start or end of the Wildfire? The later I use it, the more damage I'll get out of Hypercharge, correct?

I hit post too fast I added some more but you'll overdrive at the end

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dryzen posted:

I hit post too fast I added some more but you'll overdrive at the end
Okay, cool. I just hit 64 so I've got some time, I'll start hitting up guides because it's starting to get to that point.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

A lot of guides are in the balance discord gulag so good luck gamer :cheerdoge:

One of the silly things you can do with machinist, which is completely latency dependent, is squeeze in a final cooldown before you're done overheating for the extra potency.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Where are the flowery kimonos the underwater Au'Ra wear available?

I especially like this guy's apron:

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

That's the lord's/lady's suikan from little lady's day 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dryzen posted:

That's the lord's/lady's suikan from little lady's day 2016
this is violence

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

just hop on over to the optional items page of the mogstation and let your dreams come true

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Thundarr posted:

Pretty much exactly what I said would happen, because why bother helping people in the arsenal if there are more convenient NMs up already?

Because the act of doing the NM is inherently beneficial to you. What happened to Mr. Happy is a pretty edge case resulting from the fact that a lot of people aren’t 60 yet. In normal circumstances the train is going to leave no NM unpounded. It’s exp and crystals and light. There’s no reason not to unless you can’t.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Captain Oblivious posted:

Because the act of doing the NM is inherently beneficial to you. What happened to Mr. Happy is a pretty edge case resulting from the fact that a lot of people aren’t 60 yet. In normal circumstances the train is going to leave no NM unpounded. It’s exp and crystals and light. There’s no reason not to unless you can’t.

Or you could do every other NM and laugh as everyone ignores the one for AV.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Tashilicious posted:

Or you could do every other NM and laugh as everyone ignores the one for AV.

It's high level, the rewards are good

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Die Sexmonster! posted:

It's high level, the rewards are good

better than the reward of knowingly ruining some wormbrains run for AV

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Where is the specific place I have to swim through to reach the Isle of Zekki? I can tell that I'm supposed to come up in The Dive, near the center of the island, but I can't figure out where I go in from. I just keep ending up in the trench with Shisui of the Violet Tides.

edit: found it, in a shallow section on the eastern edge of the island

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

FactsAreUseless posted:

Is... is that a beard made of scales?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Correct, you should only Overdrive once you see the Hypercharge buff drop off your turret (or just slightly before once you learn the timings, it takes a couple of seconds before your turret suicides). What's important to remember is that Overdrive damage (and turret damage in general) does not get counted in Wildfire calculations, so don't use it inside Wildfire if you can because it takes up an oGCD slot that you could have used on something else.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Is... is that a beard made of scales?
Yes. I don't know if it's a cosmetic option for all male Au Ra because I think they're hideous and refuse to play one.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ibblebibble posted:

Correct, you should only Overdrive once you see the Hypercharge buff drop off your turret (or just slightly before once you learn the timings, it takes a couple of seconds before your turret suicides). What's important to remember is that Overdrive damage (and turret damage in general) does not get counted in Wildfire calculations, so don't use it inside Wildfire if you can because it takes up an oGCD slot that you could have used on something else.
Oh, I thought it did, I thought that was the whole point of Overdrive and Hypercharge. Does Hypercharge get counted? If not, what does? Only my weaponskills, Gauss Round, and Ricochet?

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

Tashilicious posted:

better than the reward of knowingly ruining some wormbrains run for AV

most people arent spiteful weirdos about things that dont effect them so yes

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

somepartsareme posted:

most people arent spiteful weirdos about things that dont effect them
Statistically this isn't true.

somepartsareme
Mar 10, 2012

Diggle Hell is a Real
(Swingin') Place

FactsAreUseless posted:

Statistically this isn't true.

maybe on this forum but the idea that the open dungeon would die on the vine or that people would go out of their way en masse to make it fail is stupid and rooted in this threads belief that even the thousands of people doing eureka secretly hate eureka as much as they do

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh, I thought it did, I thought that was the whole point of Overdrive and Hypercharge. Does Hypercharge get counted? If not, what does? Only my weaponskills, Gauss Round, and Ricochet?

So what Wildfire does is that it takes your damage, and only your damage, and amplifies it. Hypercharge counts because it puts a debuff on the enemy that increases their damage taken from every source of damage, thus boosting your damage. Crits count, direct hits count, every damaging action counts for Wildfire as long as its from you and not your turret.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

somepartsareme posted:

maybe on this forum but the idea that the open dungeon would die on the vine or that people would go out of their way en masse to make it fail is stupid and rooted in this threads belief that even the thousands of people doing eureka secretly hate eureka as much as they do

just tell them the skeletons are trying to kill AV

also I'd call it decent odds that one of these turbonerds will step out to command the peasants to do it and they don't out of spite.

I don't think it'll be all that common once the train really gets going, but it's not a thing that will never happen either.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

You usually will be using overdrive right as wildfire ends because it just lines up with other raid buffs and you've blown everything else in your machinist load. My phone posting before wasn't very clear about that, sorry.

Other times you will use overdrive is the more obvious one of the boss won't be attackable for an extended period of time. There's a lot of fights where you'll know that a boss is about to become untargetable either right after your opener or sometime after a wildfire and in those cases I think there's math for saving overdrive for that downtime rather than using it when all the raid buffs are happening.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from playing machinist with what I'm about to say but all of this is why I just end up playing bard and do the same damage and raid utility without ever having to activate my brain lol

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Depends on the brain I guess. Mine can't keep up with BRD's plate spinning so I go with the comforting clockwork of MCH.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Dryzen posted:

You usually will be using overdrive right as wildfire ends because it just lines up with other raid buffs and you've blown everything else in your machinist load. My phone posting before wasn't very clear about that, sorry.

Other times you will use overdrive is the more obvious one of the boss won't be attackable for an extended period of time. There's a lot of fights where you'll know that a boss is about to become untargetable either right after your opener or sometime after a wildfire and in those cases I think there's math for saving overdrive for that downtime rather than using it when all the raid buffs are happening.

I'm not trying to dissuade you from playing machinist with what I'm about to say but all of this is why I just end up playing bard and do the same damage and raid utility without ever having to activate my brain lol
I love MCH. I find it fun and mostly intuitive, but I think Square's useless-rear end ability tooltips are hurting it. My biggest MCH issue is remembering to keep Hot Shot up, so I don't think I'd be a good bard.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

I love MCH. I find it fun and mostly intuitive, but I think Square's useless-rear end ability tooltips are hurting it. My biggest MCH issue is remembering to keep Hot Shot up, so I don't think I'd be a good bard.

I don't know how I remember to keep heavy thrust up constantly on DRG, yet remembering to use hot shot eludes me like 75% of the time. It's baffling.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
Hydatos and in general the end to Eureka is wildly low energy and pretty phoned in, but they introduce something that has me really interested in the future of the game during 5.0:

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
During 24-mans I look at the various teammates that have self-buffs they should have up and....frankly it's depressing how many I never see. :smith:

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Emalde posted:

Hydatos and in general the end to Eureka is wildly low energy and pretty phoned in, but they introduce something that has me really interested in the future of the game during 5.0:

I don't know how much they're going to use that for MSQ

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tashilicious posted:

I don't know how much they're going to use that for MSQ
Imagine watching the Warrior of Light try to make a choice.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Emalde posted:

It's popped up during seasonal events before. Namely with the Songbirds and who got to be the lead.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

EponymousMrYar posted:

It's popped up during seasonal events before. Namely with the Songbirds and who got to be the lead.

Ah, fair enough. For all intents and purposes, the choice does seem to "matter" because Ejika does indeed straight up get deleted if you choose to have him sacrifice himself but if it's not the actual first time they've had a "choice" then it's not as novel as it seemed.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The Doomhammer posted:

I don't know how I remember to keep heavy thrust up constantly on DRG, yet remembering to use hot shot eludes me like 75% of the time. It's baffling.
DRG for its flaws has a pretty predictable rotation so it's easier to remember stuff like that. BRD and MCH on the other hand have a lot more randomness, even if MCHs 60s rotation lines up with hot shot pretty well.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Asimo posted:

DRG for its flaws has a pretty predictable rotation so it's easier to remember stuff like that. BRD and MCH on the other hand have a lot more randomness, even if MCHs 60s rotation lines up with hot shot pretty well.

Honestly, MCH has practically no RNG despite its main combo being proc-based with proper ammo management. I can tell you literally every heat value I will be at at critical points of O10S and what oGCD I should be pushing next based on that. It's that clockwork a class.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Emalde posted:

Yeah, this is interesting and more than anything the plot connotations made me pretty uneasy. (End of Hydatos Spoilers) Ejika is my least favorite type of character in media. He's a pompous rear end in a top hat who takes out his aggressions on everyone around him, and despite how much the game tries to tell me "oh, he's really a good guy at heart, he just has no charisma," I just don't care. gently caress that guy.

Conversely, I like Krile a lot. She's spunky, but she's also kind. She's the polar opposite of Ejika. So despite not liking Ejika, I went with Krile's plan because, for whatever reason, she likes Ejika. I'd rather not disappoint her, so I saved the guy despite his sacrifice totally being worth it in the end, given circumstances. So now in my game the Isle of Val is still at risk but he's watching over it. If he doesn't show any kind of plot development over time to justify my decision, I'll be an unhappy camper.
:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

FactsAreUseless posted:

Imagine watching the Warrior of Light try to make a choice.

Light: [nod, smile]

Dark: [nod, punch hand with fist]