Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

That's an extremely good race car

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

This is the weirdest fuckin game show.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

The Kimoa Kid posted:

That's an extremely good race car

drat straight!

Fire suits on the other hand......

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Looks good.

And holy cow, what's going on with the pre-midwing-wing at the barge boards?

e: what's going on with the front suspension geometry? drat that car is interesting! nicely packaged too!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

lol at british american tobacco trying to do the subliminal marketing thing like mission winnow, but loving up by choosing the name of a popular movie so they're not even in the top 10 google results.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Oh is that what the "Better tomorrow" poo poo is?

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Do I see that right, that the front wheels are offset by what seems like 15cm from the most forward part of the front suspension wishbones? That's loving crazy. They either increased the wheelbase by a huge amount without making the car longer, or actually reduced car length without changing the wheelbase. I can't wait for Scarbs to freak out about this.

e: this is such a typical McLaren solution, I hope it works better than the butterfly rear suspenion in (IIRC) 2014, because on paper, that was brilliant, but on track, it was a wet fart. Please don't suck, McLaren awesome front suspension.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Phwoar what a car

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

tuo posted:

Do I see that right, that the front wheels are offset by what seems like 15cm from the most forward part of the front suspension wishbones? That's loving crazy. They either increased the wheelbase by a huge amount without making the car longer, or actually reduced car length without changing the wheelbase. I can't wait for Scarbs to freak out about this.

e: this is such a typical McLaren solution, I hope it works better than the butterfly rear suspenion in (IIRC) 2014, because on paper, that was brilliant, but on track, it was a wet fart. Please don't suck, McLaren awesome front suspension.

In your heart you know this was caused by the chassis team using metric and suspension team using imperial and they only realised the day before launch

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

apparently the huski chocolate thing is some fake rear end bottled chocolate milk.

How the hell do these bullshit companies have the cash for this kind of stuff?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The Fia should ban McLaren. The colors of the team scream second rate league to me. They could look good on Indy or something like that.

#missionwindow

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

that front wing is interesting

also, with the differenct camera angle, the front suspension looks much more normal than on the renders

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Powershift posted:

apparently the huski chocolate thing is some fake rear end bottled chocolate milk.

How the hell do these bullshit companies have the cash for this kind of stuff?

Zak Brown is a genius

MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.
Is there anywhere that has super hi-res photos of all the new cars?

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Mods please rename me The Huski Kid

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

MZ posted:

Is there anywhere that has super hi-res photos of all the new cars?

Dig through f1technical.net. If hi-res photos exist/get released, they will drop there (in the forum).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Lando Norris, the Huski Heart-throb

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

tuo posted:

Looks good.

And holy cow, what's going on with the pre-midwing-wing at the barge boards?

e: what's going on with the front suspension geometry? drat that car is interesting! nicely packaged too!

Those triangles were a really cool look 6 years ago

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I thought big boned was the term to use

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Feels Villeneuve posted:

They'd look just right on a Footwork Arrows from the mid-90s.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
The race suits look really loving awful.

Old Grasshopper
Apr 7, 2011

"Patience, young grasshopper."
Personally I love the look. It has that retro-almost-sci-fi look to it :D

e: autocorrect boned me on sci-fi

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Looks like they are sponsored by Irn Bru, which is good

Anonymouse Mook
Jul 12, 2006

Showing Vettel the way since 1979

Doc M posted:

I always liked how pointy the FA16 was- nose and livery

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Wow there is like no rake on the McLaren

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Lando Norris, the Huski Heart-throb

turn your monitor, the heart throb at mclaren is clearly Chili

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

The Kimoa Kid posted:

like of my love life, i was severely expecting to be let down by mclaren on valentines day - but nope, they loving delivered

GramCracker fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 14, 2019

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Let me share some unique Barcelona soccer experience with you, in this very thread, because you are missing the subtlety. Instead of following the ball, follow the off ball movement. Look for triangles to appear, dissolve and then reappear right before your eyes. Watch as player's heads swivel to find the man making the run for the second pass, not the first. Watch the tight control and decision making. Don't appreciate the pass that was made, appreciate the pass that wasn't because it was more difficult and less likely to be successful.

Watch the instant pressure applied once the ball is lost. Appreciate the monumental patience and discipline required to maintain possession without making foolish passes for long stretches. Realize that they are making things that are incredibly difficult to do both physically and tactically look so easy that it becomes boring.

Or you can just say lol Barcelona matches are boring and hate them.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

The Kimoa Kid posted:

I'm a simpleton that doesn't know things but doesnt zero rake mean your car is probably down on top speed and you're sacrificing grip to mask it?

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Zach and Zero are both four letters long and start with Z, the math checks out

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

McLaren has the best paint, sorry all.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

NtotheTC posted:

I'm a simpleton that doesn't know things but doesnt zero rake mean your car is probably down on top speed and you're sacrificing grip to mask it?

I'm not sure, but they had a ton of rake last year and were dogshit slow in a straight line.

The Kimoa Kid posted:

iospace please do the needful

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Doc M posted:

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

iospace posted:

McLaren has the best paint, sorry all.

It’ll be hard to see parked in the garage

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

GramCracker posted:

turn your monitor, the heart throb at mclaren is clearly Chili

Carlos "Chili" Sainz will always have a soft spot with me because he was who I got to write a driver intro for on the 2015 F1 post

edit: also the McLaren overalls look like the costumes they wear during carousel in Logan's Run

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Carlos lovely Sainz

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
The McLaren isn't terrible but blue/orange is like the most neutral color scheme possible on a race car and I've literally never liked it.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Gonzo please stop posting this on Reddit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Feels Villeneuve posted:

The McLaren isn't terrible but blue/orange is like the most neutral color scheme possible on a race car and I've literally never liked it.

It should be green. Isn’t Petrobras’s colour green?