Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What was the lowest point of the Simpson
Homer Votes
Harlem Shake
Keisha Tik Tok intro
Homer Live
Lisa Goes Gaga
Other (please specify)
View Results

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
also Kerry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Mantis42 posted:

This is the latest scene in the series that I'll ever quote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLzC3nPhUEM

I think that Trilogy of Error is the last decent Simpsons episode. It's just a shame that it's in season 12, because I have no desire to own season 12.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
So uh, I guess Marc Maron is interviewing Krusty the Clown on the upcoming episode of the Simpsons. He's playing a clip that was cut for time on the most recent WTF, and boy Dan Castellaneta sounds like poo poo.

I'll report back after I get through the Yeardly Smith portion of the episode.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I'd say good for Maron but who the gently caress hasn't been on the Simpsons at this point.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

SilvergunSuperman posted:

I'd say good for Maron but who the gently caress hasn't been on the Simpsons at this point.

Just wait until they start mining other podcasts for guests.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
WTF became popular about 7/8 years ago so I guess that’s timely by Simpsons standards. Will it be a modcast on a mapple mypod?

Yeah I’m guessing they’ve run out of regular celebrities now so it’ll be podcasters and internet people as guest stars. Lemme guess, Lisa will start a modcast about a murder in Springfield and that Serial woman will be the next person to show up.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

SEX BURRITO posted:

WTF became popular about 7/8 years ago so I guess that’s timely by Simpsons standards. Will it be a modcast on a mapple mypod?

Yeah I’m guessing they’ve run out of regular celebrities now so it’ll be podcasters and internet people as guest stars. Lemme guess, Lisa will start a modcast about a murder in Springfield and that Serial woman will be the next person to show up.

it'll also be a re investigation into who shot mr. burns because why not revisit that.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Last Chance posted:

it'll also be a re investigation into who shot mr. burns because why not revisit that.

It'll turn out that it was actually Lisa herself who did it, in a shocking twist!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Last Chance posted:

That is a good concept for an episode, but it would have only been a good episode if it was in season 8 and podcasts existed in 1997.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

SEX BURRITO posted:

Your 7 second pitch, although similar (that modcast nails it) is probably actually better than what they'd come up with.

snack eater
Aug 25, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
there was on episode I saw where Homer said in a throwaway line that he framed Maggie for shooting Mr. Burns

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

snack eater posted:

there was on episode I saw where Homer said in a throwaway line that he framed Maggie for shooting Mr. Burns

HEH.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Is Lisa pulling her skin or hair?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Iron Crowned posted:

Just wait until they start mining other podcasts for guests.

Homer go on Chapo

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Has Ninja been on yet?

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
When he is they'll reference him as a Maylo player, Mortnite is too new

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Man, they couldn't even do Bortnite?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Why does Cory Booker look the same age as Biden

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Plan Z posted:

Man, they couldn't even do Bortnite?

I felt the vaguest glimmer of a feeling that was not total apathy on reading that, so no.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

All those caricatures would have looked better if they were generated from some Simpsons creator.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

gently caress that picture is real?? oh god

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Deblasio is the closest to an actual Simpsons design due to the lack of eyebrows and crow's feet, but the hair and golf ball cheek need to be simplified

Sentient Data fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Feb 15, 2019

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

https://twitter.com/thesimpsons/status/1096159647856242689

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Sentient Data posted:

Deblasio is the closest to an actual Simpsons design due to the lack of eyebrows and crow's feet, but the hair and golf ball cheek need to be simplified

It might be his actual design as he was a guest on the show a few months ago.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Fancy five string bass motherfucker

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Laughing Meal instead of Happy Meal
Dollar Doorknob Club instead of Dollar Shave Club

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

tfw your not going to church today :twisted: :twisted:

tfw when its Saturday

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Stay away from the west side!
I'm a massive simpsons fan, but I feel like I'm in the minority because I actually like up to season 20. The only season I didn't like is 17. None of the episodes really grabbed me. But there's some great late season episodes. 28 has the 24 rip off, 20 has the Wavery Hills episode, 16 has Future Drama, a serious rival for Lisa gets Married.

Why is it cool to hate on anything past season 10? "You're not a real fan unless your favourite season is 8. You also don't understand the complex....:viggo:

It's a loving cartoon, not war and peace.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all
Because the writing sucks and the jokes aren't funny.

Cookie Kwan
Dec 10, 2007

Stay away from the west side!
Not everything after season 10 is trash. There are plenty of funny jokes in 12 for instance. I'm not saying there's not a decline, I'm saying that "anything past season 10 isn't funny :agesilaus:" is just blatantly untrue.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
No it's true and it's actually anything past season 8

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you

Cookie Kwan posted:

I'm a massive simpsons fan, but I feel like I'm in the minority because I actually like up to season 20. The only season I didn't like is 17. None of the episodes really grabbed me. But there's some great late season episodes. 28 has the 24 rip off, 20 has the Wavery Hills episode, 16 has Future Drama, a serious rival for Lisa gets Married.

Why is it cool to hate on anything past season 10? "You're not a real fan unless your favourite season is 8. You also don't understand the complex....:viggo:

shut up idiot

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Cookie Kwan posted:

Sorry to hear about your brain damage

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
why dig through garbage to find a half maggot eaten chicken nugget

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sentient Data posted:

They have yellow skin dude! Duh

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Cookie Kwan posted:

I'm a stupid moron with an ugly face and a big butt and my butt smells and...I like to kiss my own butt.

J-Spot
May 7, 2002

Cookie Kwan posted:

Not everything after season 10 is trash. There are plenty of funny jokes in 12 for instance. I'm not saying there's not a decline, I'm saying that "anything past season 10 isn't funny :agesilaus:" is just blatantly untrue.

It's been bad for a long time but not always for the same reasons. The Mike Scully years had a lot of problems with bad characterization, outrageous plots, and a tendency to go for cruder humor but at least they weren't boring. Plus the voice acting and animation direction hadn't taken a hit yet so those episodes just feel livelier than anything made today. Watch any random handful of episodes from the last year followed by Saddlesore Galactica and just try to tell me the latter didn't feel like a breath of fresh air.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Cookie Kwan posted:

The only joke is you watching season 12.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Cookie Kwan posted:

Al Jean account spotted

I kid, I kid, Al Jean doesn't know how to use a computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

Riptor posted:

No it's true and it's actually anything past season 8

Yup. Why do people keep coming into this thread to brag about their incredibly low standards for tv shows?